Richmond,VA A group toy hunt, possible event?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Underpaid_Soldier, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was thinking, would it be possible to organize a "group toy hunt"? Think about it:

- We pick a date, time, and starting location to meet at.
    - Figure out what stores in the local area carry Star Wars toys and collectibles.
    - Either drive in a convoy, or carpool to each location.
    - After the "hunt", we sit down at a local restaurant, or diner, for an enjoyable meal before everyone heads home.

It'll be what we all normally do (scouting the local Wal-Mart), only as a group. Depending how many locations we're willing to go, it shouldn't take all day. Purchasing any items is optional of course, but you may never know if you stumble upon something.

One problem, if one geek finds a figure that the other geek wants as well, there may be some trouble. A possible plastic lightsaber duel through the aisles of a Toys R' Us? :D
  2. DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Knight

star 1
    That sounds fun for those who collect. I know I've been picking up alot of the new toys lately. Got my hands on the exclusive Clone Wars painted Republic Gunship from TRU, it's awesome. Put a couple of Shock Troopers from the Target Exclusive Battle in the Senate Battle Pack in it and it looks great.

I usually hit the following:

Walmart, Target and Kmart on Hull Street Road
    TRU on Midlothian Tpke
    Kay Bee at Chesterfield Towne Center mall

Who here collects toys besides us? I could also start a "I saw some..." post here so we can let each other know of any sightings of new things, and maybe pick some stuff up for each other. For example, my Target over here has a ton of the Battle in the Senate battle packs and the Demise of General Grevious target exclusive. I post it, you realize you can't get any at the Target near you, so I go and get one for you and when we have our meeting/togethers you pay me for the item at cost rather than buying it at an inflated price on eBay. What do you think?

If anyone sees a Scorch 5 1/4" Clone Trooper in their local store, please pick it up for me!
  3. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sounds great, I'll have you start the new thread. (What are you looking for? A Scorch, and a 1/4" scale Clone trooper?)

Unfortunately, with how much my job pays, I had to cut back on purchasing figures. I'm saving up for C4 (I'll buy a load of figures there), and a Scout Trooper kit. Call me a collector who's on withdrawl right now [face_laugh]. I'll buy a figure that is hard to find of course, but at the moment I can't buy two of every figure. It doesn't help living in a rural area, where the only place that sells them is the local Wal-Mart. The nearest Target and Toys R' Us is a 60 minute drive. Despite all this, I'm still willing to do the whole "group toy hunt" thing if anyone else is interested.
  4. James3 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't collect like I used too but I still like to browse. I will keep a look out for ya.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.