main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Guy Question

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by LianaMara, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I have so much to learn concerning guys.

Okay, one of my friends Daniel called me on the phone a few days ago to ask if he could borrow a CD of mine.

After asking for the CD, he said "Um....." and was silent for about a minute.

I had no clue what he was doing, so I asked him if he had seen Black Hawk Down, then told him I had to go.

When I gave him the CD that afternoon, he said thanks, then just stood there, doing nothing. I had to leave to do something, so I told him later and left.

What the heck was up with that? I have no idea what he was doing. Any ideas?

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I'd say he has a crush on you, but can't figure out a way to say it. I know I sometimes have the same problem.

3. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Crush alert, methinks.

4. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Not necessarily. I can never think of things to say. I'm not a conversationalist, but that doesn't make me boring or unfriendly. I respect a friendship where two people can enjoy each other's company without talking inanely all the time.

5. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    that, or he really didnt have anything to say...the CD was the only business on his mind, so once that was out of the way, he had nowhere to take the conversation.

6. PadmeSkywalker

PadmeSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    Yep, sounds like he likes you. Asking to borrow the CD was just a ruse to get to talk to you.

7. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    Hold on a minute. That could mean anything. i think that you are all jumping to quick. He might have had something to say but then totally forgot it, or perhaps he had nothing to say at all. People use "umm" all the time to bridge conversations or as a filler or when they are nervous....which leads to the fact that he may be interested. But, thats too little info to decide something like that.

Im great with guys, afterall I am one and, I date them! :)

8. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Souds like a crush to me, but you could try this

When he returns the CD, Ask him what his favorite track was, and than wat his favorite part of the song was.

If he can rattle off the song, and knows the track name, he might have just wanted the CD.

If he once again is at a loss for wrods, than the odds are 90% positive he has a crush on you, because that means the CD was just an excuse to talk to you. :)

9. Sate_Pestage

May 31, 2001
    I agree with Quickstrike34 , that is probably the best way to tell.

10. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    See, this is the guy who never calls me or talks to me on the internet.

When he does talk to me though, he never stops (usually).

I'm still sort of mad at him, though, because he was supposed to see FOTR with me and a group of friends but he never showed up.

I'll try the CD thing.

11. Sate_Pestage

May 31, 2001
    Hmmm, ok so you say that ussually when you talk to him he never shuts-up. So then this was an isolated incident.

Hmmm, then perhaps he does have some sort of crush on you.

Is there any other info you have?

12. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Um, let's see.
    I've known him since I was in 7th grade, I knew his sister before that, we sort of became friends when Episode I came out, I had a slight crush on him in 7th grade but I got over that a while ago.

I was in a musical recently, and he had a drama part in it. I talked a lot with Dan during that, because we were about the only high schoolers in it.

Now that I think about it, he has been quiet lately. He usually tells me EVERYTHING that's going on, and he hasn't been doing that.

Anything else?

13. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
  14. Sate_Pestage

May 31, 2001
    Well then perhaps he is developing feelings for you and he's not sure how to react or how to express them. This could be the reason why he's so shy lately.

See what happens when he returns the CD.

15. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    You jump to conclusions like so many frogs to the lilipads, on the pond of all that is not true. HA!

I always speak as such in the life of "real." I know not what to say to anyone. I always say things like "um" and stand around not doing anything. That doesnt mean I have a crush on everyone in the dern school.

So stop your jumpery!

16. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    If the guy is shy, he won't know what to do in certain situations. Maybe it was just awkward for him.

17. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I'd say he has a crush on you, or he's incredibly bad at talking, which it doesn't seem like.

Ask him the CD question, then if he stutters, ask him whats wrong, cause he's been quiet lately

¤Night

18. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    Possibly a crush, maybe he wants to talk but just runs out of ideas quickly. More likely a crush though.

19. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    More jumpery to conclusions. I know of what I speak.

20. Crimson

Crimson Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    Maybe you had something hanging from your nose. He might have just been polite and not said anything about it. You know how it is...

Or maybe he's a bumbling idiot and he wants you badly.

21. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Maybe it's infatuation? Crush sounds too crude and childish, but he might be developing mature feelings for you. I don't know, if he is then myself and him are in similar situations.

22. Sate_Pestage

May 31, 2001
    Yup, like I said before to jump....the outcome could be disastrous!

Just play it cool, and let him come to you. Dont look to eager but try tp pry a conversation from him and see what he does.

23. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    McNerf-Burger: ;) -'jumpery'

I don't think its a "shyness" thing. Once, for a dare, Dan did something HILARIOUS.
    He was doing a song at All-County about marriage, and he was supposed to kiss the girl at the end. My friend Sara dared him to french-kiss the girl, and he did! You should have seen the look on her face! [face_laugh]
    She never spoke to him again.

24. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Does he have an unusual tendancy to check out your butt? ;)

25. jakiwis

jakiwis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    hi im new to this forum...well im new to all forums here this is my first post anyway it seems he might have a crush on you but it is a really big mistake for girls to assume anything and it will be better not to think too much about it because it might just be nothing hope this helps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.