main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "A Handmaiden's Grandchild." 12 update 10-03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dev_Binks, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Good chapter! Ben? A girlfriend? Yay!

~Ambyr-Rose~

2. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Yub Yub I even have her name and the beginning is set up. Let's just say she's a fighter pilot(umm not starfighter though)

3. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Bump

I'm sorry but I won't be able to post again until monday I'm not able to get to my computer!

4. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Hey what was here I kinda messed up I forgot that I changed that chapter so this'll be the real Chapter eight.

?Okay lets practice again.? Sa`ay was sitting across from Sabe trying to think to her and only her. They had returned to Jedi Saber for the trip to Otoh Gunga.
    <Can anyone hear me?>
    <Yup I can Sa`ay>
    <Good it?s only you Sabey>
    <Anyone else>
    <Nope I guess not>
    <This is cool I hope the really can?t hear us Say>
    <Why? Sabey>
    <Stop calling me that.>
    <Why?>
    <I don?t know its weird.>
    <Then could you not call me Say.>
    <Sure Sa`ay just stop calling me Sabey>
    <But it?s a good name for you>
    <Hey it?s either Sabe or Say.>
    <Okay you can call me Say.>
    ?You know I wonder if they really can hear us wanna test ?em??
    ?Sure but how can we?? Sabe was a little worried about this but worst case scenario she?d look like an idiot best case her and Sa`ay would be able to talk in private in the middle of everyone.
    ?Don?t look so worried I got it though.?
    ?What?s that you ask me to marry you??
    ?Actually that kicks the **** out of my plan. Though that?s why I love you you?re so smart.? He leaned over to kiss her but was held back by her hand on his chin.
    ?First though I want to know what your plan was??
    ?Oh it was to cuss them out.? She let go of his chin so he could kiss her.
    <Hmm I like your plan better>
    <What why?>
    <Cause what if they can hear us? You would have to marry me.>
    <Would that be so bad?>
    <I don?t know maybe> They walked out of her quarters thinking about all the profanities they could but aiming them at each other instead of just in a broad area.
    ?Do you think this?ll work?? Sabe was still a little worried though it was less and less as the got closer to the main cabin.
    ?Of course Sabey.?
    <Here we are>
    ?Hey you two what?s going on?? It was Tahiri reading a holo-novel.
    ?Wait you mean you can?t hear what we?re thinking.? Sabe was holding her breath and Sa`ay asked her.
    ?No, why??
    ?Oh we were just trying to see whether you could hear us anymore.? Sabe finally let go of her breath.
    ?Okay I wondered how long it would take you two to figure out how to communicate without us hearing. You two did it surprisingly quickly it took me and Jacen Months to get it right though it only took a day with Anakin.? She was trying to hold back tears but they came anyways.
    ?Oh we?re sorry Master we didn?t think about it.? Sabe always the compassionate one reached over and took her master?s hand.
    ?Sorry I didn?t mean to make you cry.? Sa`ay was a little awkward in this situation he totally forgot how Master Tahiri was about Anakin Solo.
    ?Oh no it?s okay you two I was just remembering something about how we tested our link.? A smile spread across her face.
    ?How was that Tahiri? Wait I remember you cussed me out in my quarters to test the link. And the first time it failed.? Jaina walked in smiled also.
    ?Wow we just tried the same thing on you Master Solo.? Sabe told her a little guiltily.
    ?Oh don?t worry about it you two we?re only kids once even though some of us act more like children than others.? With that she looked over at Jaina with an accusing stair.
    ?Hey what?d I do??
    ?You pinched the hot water tube in the refresher.?
    ?What why would I do that??
    ?I don?t know maybe you thought it would be funny joke.? Just then Sa`ay noticed Ben trying to hide a snicker behind a hand.
    <Hey Sabey I know who did it>
    <Yah who?>
    <Oh come on think about it?>
    <No, why?d you do it>
    <What I didn?t do it, it was Ben look at him>she sneaked a glance at him as they went and sat down to play holo-chess.
    <You know you?re right should we tell them>
    <Are you kidding this is funny let?s wait until after Kyp is brought in>
    <What how do you know Kyp will come?>
    <feel for him?>
    <You know he?s just waiting for the right moment.> a beep came from the cockpit.
    ?Oh we?re here? Jaina left and went into the cockpit.
    ?Ben when did you do that?? Sa`ay went over to his friend and slapped him on the back.
    ?Yah I wanna know??
    ?

5. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
  6. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    hey awesome althoguth i do have a suggestion that might bring in a few more readers
    iw ill pm it too u in a sec

7. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    *says in Dr.Nick's voice* Hey Everybody(if you don't know who he is dont' worry) new postie today and maybe another one... eventually ;) .

?Welcome, Welcome my Jedi friends? King Raj Raj spoke to them. He noticed that the sandy haired young male had a little bit of blood on his nose while the young female holding the hand of the male next to her had a bruise on her right cheek. He was worried but it was not his place to interfere.
    ?Thank you your highness.? The six Jedi bowed low and introduced themselves starting with the adult male. ?King Binks I am Jedi Master Kyp Durron this is my Padawan Sa`ay Lorran.? ?Yes, yes, meesa pleased to meet you? The next person was one of the other adults she was without shoes he was unconcerned because many Gungans? didn?t like shoes.
    ?Your grace I am Jedi Knight Tahiri Solo and this is my Padawan Sabe? the other woman bowed and introduced herself as Jedi Master Jaina Fel and the young man next to her as Ben Skywalker. Raj Raj started at the sound of that name. The child looked almost exactly as Raj Raj?s Father had described his young Skywalker friend Anakin.
    ?Excuse meesa but you wouldn?t be related to Anakin Skywalker my young friend??
    ?Yes I am related to him I am his Grandson and my Master here is his Granddaughter.?
    ?Yes, meesa sees the resemblance now I wonder would you two like to meet a friend of your Grandfather?? Both a little shocked at the preposition nodded. Raj Raj then motioned for all of them to follow him.

<Hey Say you were right Gungans are a little strange looking>
    <Yah what did I tell you. Though I wonder who the king is talking about I thought that everyone who knew their grandfather would be dead by now>
    <I guess not then but still he?d have to be ancient at least in his eighties>
    <Yup come on I think we?re almost there>
    ?Here we are meesa Jedi friends the home of my Grandfather Jar Jar Binks friend of Anakin.? He walked into the door and called out to his grandfather ?Grandfather I have some people I would like you to meet some are related to Anakin Skywalker.? At that what looked like an older version of Raj Raj came out of a room and ran to Ben. He spoke in a strange dialect and said, ?Anni?? Ben replied by saying ?No, I?m Ben his grandson and this is Jaina his granddaughter, my cousin, and Jedi Master.
    ?oh meesa glad to see Jedi.?
    ?Your grandson told us that you were a friend of Anakin. Is that true sir??
    ?Yes you look like him at your age now what can I help you with meesa Jar Jar Binks.?
    It hit Sa`ay like a ton of dura-crete once he heard the name ?You?re Senator Jar Jar Binks aren?t you.?
    ?Yes, and I would wish that you would not bring up that sad period of time I was naive and young.?
    ?I?m sorry sometimes I think with my mouth instead of my head?, <sometimes that isn?t that bad Sa`ay>
    ?It?s okeday meesa just happy to meet you your friend there she reminds me of another old friend Sabe one of Padme?s, Anakin?s, and meesa?s friends she look just like you what?s your name??
    ?Oh me I?m called Sabe.?
    ?Ahh? Suddenly remembering something Jaina stepped forward and asked the King
    ?Our young padawans need to return to Theed they let?s just say had an argument and are being punished for what came of it.?
    ?ah that explains the blood and bruise meesa saw I can get them there fast with my private bodyguards to they will be watched over carefully.?
    ?Thank you your majesty though I think that Ben should stay here with me and the other two Jedi Knights.? She looked over at him talking with Jar Jar like he?d known him all his life. ?Sa`ay, Sabe you are to return immediately to Theed with the kings bodyguards.?
    ?Yes master Fel.? They both looked sad to go but they were Jedi and accepted their punishment. ?Excuse Mr.Binks but we must return to Theed.?

8. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
  9. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Here's a teaser for chapter ten.
    ?Maybe I should just pull on it. What do you think Sa`ay?? She looked over at her boyfriend who was concentrating deeply on the plate she knew he was probing it with the force she had tried her self and got nothing.
    ?Hmm it?s weird it?s like there is nothing there no a wall not anything. Almost like its masked. I guess you should try it.? He stepped back and let her get a good grasp on the little ridge in there. <I guess your finger nails are good for things like this.>
    <Hey they?re also good for slapping a little prankster. D`arvit it won?t open>

10. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    And UP I say. OH NEW POST FINALLY>

?What?s this called again?? Sabe asked for the third time annoying the guard assigned to take them to Theed.
    ?Thisa Bongo weesa goin through the core.? He was trying to focus on his piloting but these children wouldn?t let him.
    <Umm Sabey I think he wants you to shut up.>
    <But this doesn?t make since how can we go through the core of a planet? Isn?t it molten rock?>
    <No, this is a strange planet its core is made up of water which is why we?re taking this bongo.>
    <I still don?t get it>
    <Trust me lovely>
    <Hey stop doing that>
    <doing what?>
    <oh never mind.>
    the guard was nervous and those human children weren?t helping any they kept on holding hands and it was unnerving for a Gungan who had never understood this human custom yet knew it had something to do with mating so he decided to be careful and said ?Nothing weird between yousa meesa not wanna get in bombad trouble with king Binks.? After that they just sat there, until they reached Theed.

<Hey Say wasn?t that amazing surfacing like that.>
    <yes it was Sabey now I think we should get out and follow the Gungan> They took each other?s hand again and walked behind the Gungan until he asked them. ?okeydays yousa gonna tell meesa what yousa wanna do today.?
    <I wanted to look up about that handmaiden Jar Jar told us about.>
    <Okay then tell him>
    ?We wanted to go by the royal library to look up about a Handmaiden Jar Jar Binks told us about.? The Gungan looked at them like they were crazy but said, ?Okeydays yousa can go to the royal library just follow meesa.? They followed him until he led them to a gigantic room with hundreds of datapads all over the walls and shelves. The guard said to them ?Okeday if yousa wanna know bout handymaidens then yousa wanna go over there?, He gestured at the far wall behind the shelving, ?Meesa gonna be over there.? He gestured then to the opposite end.

The two padawans started their search but couldn?t find anything except some things on the reign of Queen Amidala they knew it was who she served under but they never found anything much<I don?t see anything about a Sabe, Sabey>
    <But there has to be you heard Jar Jar he said that she was with the Queen almost constantly>
    <Wait something?s hear it says that when in dangerous situations Queen Amidala would have a handmaiden named Sabe impersonate her. The first time this was ever used was in the Trade Federation blockade of Naboo. I have it wouldn?t she have kept some sort of diary?>
    < Yes, I would think she would. I think I see were you?re going she probably put it somewhere were no one would ever look.>
    <I have it that portrait I thought I saw something that looked like a hinge on the name plate beneath it.>
    <Oh this is why I love you you?re so smart now let?s go before that Gungan realizes we?re gone>
    <Oh okay let?s go> They left the library and headed for the portrait.

?Oh look right there now how do we open it?? They were standing next to the portrait whispering.
    ?Hey I just found it you open it.? Sa`ay still didn?t understand how it looked he probed the portrait but couldn?t find anything.
    ?Maybe I should just pull on it. What do you think Sa`ay?? She looked over at her boyfriend who was concentrating deeply on the plate she knew he was probing it with the force she had tried her self and got nothing.
    ?Hmm it?s weird it?s like there is nothing there no a wall not anything. Almost like its masked. I guess you should try it.? He stepped back and let her get a good grasp on the little ridge in there. <I guess your finger nails are good for things like this.>
    <Hey they?re also good for slapping a little prankster. D`arvit it won?t open>
    <Try using the force.>
    <Alright I?ll try> She flicked her hand back and with that, the name plate swung back on its hinges revealing a small compartment filled with a datapad and a small picture.

?What?s that?? Sa`ay was a little nervous at something that obviously was force shielded and hadn?t been ope

11. nickandi592

nickandi592 Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2003
    that was good i l;iked hey so after this your making one about jacen and tahiri could you give us a spoiler?

12. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Already did it's called, "Fulfilling a Promise" not done though.

13. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Sweet story! I love it so far! :D

14. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Thanks I'll probably update it later today.

15. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Here's the next post.

?Here are your rooms young Jedi ?, they were expecting two rooms across from each other or something else like that but not this. It was like an apartment though bigger.
    ?Wow why are we getting all of this?? Sabe unused to such lavish quarters asked the woman who had shown them their quarters.
    ?Oh because we treat our guests with as much respect as possible and would like you to be as comfortable as possible.? Sabe looked a little confused but when Sa`ay thought
    <Don?t say a thing most planets wouldn?t let us land so enjoy the comfort of our first mission> her face softened a little but not much
    ?Thank you mam.? They both bowed and thanked her. They both turned toward each other and shouted at the same time.
    ?I want the right one!?
    ?D`arvit we?re way to alike? Sa`ay said then ran into it but Sabe was faster and shut the door on his face. He shouted out a long string of profanities in every language he knew which included Huttesse which was what he stuck with for most of it since it had the largest vocabulary of insults.
    <Oww why?d you do that Sabe?> He asked her in his mind.
    <Cause I wanted this room no not that why?d you shut the door on my face?>
    <Ohh cause I thought you were farther back than that> while she was doing that Sa`ay had unlocked the door using the force and came in.
    ?Hey how did you get in here?? he just stared at her, ?I wish you wouldn?t stare at me.?
    ?Why can?t I look at you?? He walked over and sat next to her on the bed.
    ?It?s unsettling.? She answered him.
    ?Ah sorry then.? He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.
    ?Hey hey hey, stop that.? She pushed him away.
    ?Why?? he asked her wonderingly.
    ?We have to work on the datapad.? She got up and took the datapad and picture out of her pocket.
    ?Oh yah I forgot.? Sabe rolled her eyes at that and left the room Sa`ay chased after her and sat down across from her on the floor he grab out of his tool kit an extra power pack and some wire.
    ?Are you sure this?ll work I don?t want to lose that data on here.? She held the Datapad for a second until Sa`ay smiled and said, ?Of course these old pads are easy to replace power packs with all I have to do is remove the old one attach the wire here and here on the new one then attach the other ends here and here.? He tried to take the datapad out of her hands while talking but she pulled it back until they were in a tug?o?war over the datapad until finally the cover for the power pack slipped off suddenly jarring Sabe and Sa`ay back
    ?Oww let?s not do that again.? Sa`ay said as he rubbed the back of his head were he had hit the floor, ?Hey Sabey what?s wrong?? she was still lying there. Sa`ay bent down to see if she was alright but before he could touch her or anything she opened her eyes and said ?Boo!? Sa`ay jumped back in surprise but then helped Sabe up.
    ?Hey don?t do that you scared me.?
    ?What that boo scared you? I thought you were all big and fearless.? She took his wrist to get up.
    ?That?s not what scared me it was you just lying there.?
    ?Oh okay you were afraid I had fainted or something I?m not that weak.? She picked up power pack that had slipped out of the Datapad.
    ?I know it?s just I?m afraid of what would happen if you or Ben or someone were to die I don?t think I could take it.?, He suddenly looked sad but then when he realized that he had the datapad smiled ?I have something you don?t have!?, and kept on chanting that.
    ?Well now that you?ve got it why don?t you fix it?? he stopped chanting after that and said, ?Why don?t we do it later I?m hungry and I feel like leaving the palace. I?ll buy us some dinner.?
    ?Just like a boy always thinking with your stomach though always the gentleman.? He looked hurt but smiled and said, ?Oh low blow but still let?s get out of these robes and into some civilian clothing. I want to take you on a date.?
    ?Okay though I think we both need to use the ?fresher cause we stink.? He looked hurt.
    ?I think there are two of them one in your ro

16. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Where did you go?

17. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Sorry I was taking a break from this story, I got caught up in another one I'm writing but I have the next chapter. I would never abandon this fic.

Sa`ay couldn?t decide on which thing to wear he thought that it would never happen but here was trying to decide what to wear. His dad would be surprised that he couldn?t decide what to wear after all he was the son of the famous ex-actor Garik ?Face? Loran who would think that his son would have trouble on deciding what to wear on a date. He finally decided and went out into the living area. < Hey Sabe what?s taking so long?> he started pacing the floor he was so bored. <I?m still deciding on what to wear>
    <Oh don?t worry whatever you wear you make beautiful>
    <Oh you flatterer now just be patient I want to pick the right thing> Sa`ay sat at the terminal and looked up places to eat around the Palace and picked one only a couple of blocks away. ?Here I am.? Sabe said coming out of her room.
    ?Wow! Sabe you?re stunning.? She had decided on a blue dress that had a slit on the right side going up too her knee a lighter blue jacket covered the thin straps.
    ?Oh I knew you?d say that. You look good to.? He was wearing a white tunic with navy blue pants he had his saber clipped to a bantha hide belt. He then came over and picked her up and twirled her around for a second then told her, ?I picked a place a couple of blocks from here really nice.? She walked over too him and he put his arm around her waste, they walked out of the room together, they mind tricked all the palace staff into forgetting they were there.

They were almost to the restraint when Sa`ay?s comlink beeped.
    He answered, ?Sa`ay here. What?s the problem?? It was Jaina on the other end he was just barely receiving so she would have to of been in Otoh Gunga still, ?The king was right an attack has accured I want you two to get back to the palace and guard the government stationed there?
    ?Yes Master Fel.? Sa`ay ended the transmission and brought out a blasters and handed another to Sabe. ?What?s this for Sa`ay??
    ?Forget the date the government is in trouble and we have to get back now.?
    ?What d`arvit.? They ran back to the palace but the Toidarian guard wouldn?t let them through and Jedi mind tricks didn?t work on them.
    ?But sir we are Jedi you must let us through.? Sa`ay argued with the guard.
    ?No, you do not check out you do not come in! Plus I wasn?t aware that we had Jedi staying here I thought they all went to the Gungan swamps.? Sabe took up here trying to reason,
    ?Contact the guardian of the rooms she?ll provide that we?re Jedi.? The Toidarian smiled and picked up a comlink and asked for the Guardian of Rooms after a couple of seconds of talking he told them to enter.

The two padawans moved swiftly to their quarters and changed into combat suits.
    ?Now how do we get the officials together?? Sa`ay asked Sabe.
    ?Hmm they have to have hangers why don?t we take off and wait for the ?Jedi Saber? to come up. I?m sure they have fighters.? Sabe seemed more confident in herself Sa`ay thought.

?All Governors, Ministers, and Pilots please get to the royal hangar immediately for an evacuation of the palace. I repeat we are evacuating the palace this is no drill.?
    Sa`ay took his hand off of the com-button and asked Sabe, ?Do you think it?s wise to do this it will more than likely cause panic?? She looked at him and he could tell that she was in her element, ?Yes, if we do not then they will be open to an attack now we should proceed to the hangar and brief the pilots and guards of the situation.?
    ?Yes, let?s go.? They entered a small turbolift which took them directly from the security station to the hangar. Once down there they saw that many of the pilots were dressed and waiting for orders which they gave them as soon as they saw them.
    ?What are your squad names?? Sa`ay asked as soon as he came up on them.
    ?Alpha and Bravo, but why do you need to know kid?? The older man looked at them with a look that mad many a c

18. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Jedi star fighters make good toys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.