main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Heart Painted Red-Gold (Final part up) complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by magehound, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    Title: A Heart Painted Red-Gold
    Author: magehound
    Timeframe: After NJO, opening a bit of Joiner King, AU from there all the way.
    Chracters: Jacen, Tenel Ka (of course), one very special OC(who, if I do him right, will be hated)
    Summary: Jacen finds out that just because you think You have found the One, doesn't mean They have...
    Notes: I swear I don't mean to inflict so much pain on these two! The pain Jacen has to deal with in this vignette is almost completely biographical of me and what I had to deal with a few months ago. that's all I'll say.

I can't believe what a complete nerfherder I've been!

Jacen Solo had been berating himself for the last hour while in hyperspace. On the bright side, his mood was a little better then when he had entered hyperspace. Seeing he still had some time before he reached his destination, he let his mind drift back several hours...

"Akanah, I have to go."
    Akanah, Adept of the White Current, looked at Jacen Solo with a mixture of sympathy and understanding, "Oh? And why do you have to go, young Solo?"
    "There is still this thing left, between her and I. You know that," Jacen replied, knowing full well that she knew what the 'thing' was.
    "Yes, you have often spoken of her, and she has been in your thoughts more and more lately, it seems. We," and Akanah motioned to include herself and the novices around her in the meditation circle, "have noticed that your red heart has become painted gold lately. This is the color of her hair,red-gold, is it not?"

Jacen slightly blushed at this, knowing that it was the Falanassi way of saying that you were thinking of someone...special.
    "Yes, it is. But, to leave my training for this reason," Jacen started.
    "The Current has shown me that this must happen. You must give the peice of your red-gold heart that belongs to her to her, or else you will always be divided. Now go." Akanah actually smiled at him with warmth in her eyes as she said it.

"Thank you, Akanah. I shall return as soon as I can, " he promised as he readied his ship for departure.

Watching the vehicle leave her sight, Akanah, Adept of the White Current whispered, "And may your red heart return whole, from what I fear is to come," before turning back to the novices and her meditation.

That had been three standard hors ago. The signal signalling entry back into normal space woke Jacen from his sleep. Wow, I'd forgotten how much hperspace make me drowsy.
    There, right in front of him as he exited hperspace, was his destination.

Hapes.

I should have done this a Long time ago,Jacen thought whistfully as he requested and received landing clearence near the Fountain Palace. Cirlcing in for a landing, he opened a link in the Force.
    Hey, Tenel Ka, come meet me outsideJacen sent, giving her the landing coordinates.
    Jacen?! came the reply into his mind, filled with surprise, happiness, and contentment.
    Chcukling to himself, Jacen wondered just how fast she would get there.

Apparently very fast, as she was already standing there, resplendid in her finest rainment, a gown of the deepest green, with a cherry red cloak on her back. Jacen notices the gown was sleeveless, which alowed his to see the still empty spot where her left arm should be. Her hair was down in her traditional warriors braids.
    You can take the girl out of the Queen, but you'll never take the warrior out of the girl.[/i]

He also couldn't help noticing that it wasn't just Tenel Ka alone that greeted him. Standing by her side as he set his ship down, was what was obviously, a Hapan noble about the same size as her father, Isolder. His medium length blond hair was done in a simple yet effective fashion, keeping it out of his eyes while still looking suave. He couldn't see the man's eyes right now, as he was turned to say something to the Queen Mother. He wore a rich blue overshirt, worn loosely as was the stle nowadays, and cream colored pants. Jacen could tell even from his ship, that they pr

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    You've written your OC very well because this hardcore J/TK'er is really hating him right now. Good job! I hope Jacen convinces TK to call off the wedding.

3. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    thanks for replying silsolo. i knew i could count on my 1 faithful reader at least.
    ah, but Would Jacen do that?
    and the question he's asking himself is..SHOULD he? If i can be persuaded to write up a second part to this(hint..I can be bribed)then your question shall have an answer, if not a happy ending. We shall see.

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    hmm...how exactly did I miss this one?

An interesting take on the dynamic between Jacen an TK, and how his disappearance would have affected her. Frankly I find it odd that she would have not moved on after a few years of Jacen running around not talking to any of his old friends or family...

Great post!

5. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Ah. Aha. But was it his dissapearence that affected her so, or was it something..else? something..'long term' shall we say? I know, but I want to know if You guys want to know.

6. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    oh yeah! tell us your story!

*Kidan sits and waits for storytime to begin

7. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    patiance, young padawan. To share a story with one is a delight, but to share it with more is exquisite. Thus we must wait to see if others will join us.
    -
    that, and i have to write the dern thing too.

8. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    That was neat

9. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    So...Tenel Ka dumped him. Can't say that I blame her, considering the psycho he turned into during the Vong War and the Dark Nest Crisis. I mean, mindwiping his own cousin.

Nice how you're writing Tenel Ka by the way, oh, please check out my fic,(Can't get the damn hyperlink to work), Shinobi Knight http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24002953/p1/?0

10. Jedi_Latin_Student

Jedi_Latin_Student Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 2005
    now you have more than one. :D

I would like to know what happens.

~Latin Geek~

11. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    ah, very well. I am still working out the paticular nuances of it my mind even now, but..expect an update of this either by late tonight, or tommorow night at the latest.

I do not yet have a handle on the whole PM thing yet, so please bear with me on this.

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Good cuz I'd love to see an update very soon.

13. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    update: the next part will be written as Jacen seeks advice from the important people in his life on what to do..and one person very close to the heart of the matter, as well. That should be up within an hour or two. sorry to drag it into two extra parts, but it seemed the best way to do what i want to do with it.

14. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    Jaina

"You're going to do something incredibly stupid, aren't you, Jasa?" Jaina looked at her twin brother as she stood by the window of her room in the Fountain Palace, where all Tenel Ka's friends and family had been invited for the Royal Wedding.

In one week.

Jacen turned around in shock to his his sister's statement, "What do you mean by that?!"
    Jaina held up her hands to try to ward off her brothers glare, "What i mean is, you're going to let the one girl you've ever really cared for slip thru your fingers."

His shoulders slumped, "Oh." He thought about it, "I don't know."

"Yes, that's exactly what you going to do, because you think that's what is best for everyone," Jaina said firmly.
    "Stop reading my thoughts, Jaya."
    "I didn't have to. I know you better then anyone else, including yourself sometimes. Jacen, you've been in love with Tenel Ka since we were in the Academy together, and now you're just going to let her go because it will make other people happy?"

Jaina walked up and took her brother by the shoulders, "But what about Your happiness, Jacen Bail Solo? Shouldn't That count for something in this universe? You've given up so much already, I wouldn't think it's wrong for you to take something. Something that should rightfully be yours, anyway."

Embracing him in a heartfelt hug, Jaina said, I just want you to be happy, bro."
    Hugging her back, Jacen replied, "Thank you, Jaina. I love you, sis."

Han and Leia
    "I know from first-hand experience that Tenel Ka needs someone to be there with her, support her, and give her strength as she rules as Queen Mother. It is also considerably easier when love is involved." Leia stated, relaxing on the couch in the suite the Queen Mother had appointed them.
    Han looked over from his position near the window,"Why thanks, sweetheart, I..."
    Leia shot a smirk at him, "What made you think I was talking about You, Nerfherder?"
    Han's expression fell,"..love you too."

As much as Jacen loved to see his parents banter like this, it really wasn't helping his situation. He then explained about the feelings he had for Tenel Ka, even going back to his Academy days.

Han held up a worn and used logbook,"We know. We found your journal three years ago. And we didn't even need to read it to find out." Han flipped thru the pages, and held out one that had a amateur drawing of Tenel Ka, with hearts and such all around it. "Just be glad your sister never saw this."

"Honey, we know this can't be easy for you, but..we can't give you an answer. You have to search your own feelings to find one. I wish we could be more help.What worked for us won't work for you." Leia said, taking her son into her ams and giving him a hug.

Han gave him a lop-sided grin, "Yeah, besides, you're not that good at sabaac. And even then I don't think one system is going to impress someone who already has 63 of the things. Might even depress her."
    Leia stepped back from Jacen and glared daggers, "Han Solo!"

chargrined, Han came over and gave his son an affectionate ruffle of his hair, "What I mean is, you're My..uh, Our son..and I'm proud of you."
    His mother's voice added, "And we'll support you, whatever descision you make."

Luke and Mara
    Luke looked up as Jacen came into their suite, "Ah, Jacen. We had been expecting you."
    Jacen blinked in surprise, "You have?"
    Mara smiled at him from the chair she was in, looking at old holos of Ben, "Yeah, your father already mentioned you came to them for advice. Figured this was your next logical choice."
    But more then that, I could sense the turmoil in you as soon as I entered the Hapen system. We both could." Luke said from his position at the table in the kitchen, newspad in hand. "And we know the situation."
    Jacen groaned, "Don't tell me dad showed you the journal?"

Luke gave him a slightly confused look, "You kept a journal? No, I haven't seen anything like that. What I meant was," and here look stood up and began to sink into teacher mode, "That even though I have the title

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Woot! Go Jacen! However, I would like to see Tenel Ka choose.

16. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    who says she's not going to? or maybe..she's chosen already? Jacen owes it to her to admit his feelings. or does he? does he have the right to intrude after being gone for five years? yes, Tenel Ka is not the only one who will be making a choice.

Edit: did everyone like my characterizations? i tried really hard to keep everyone as in character as i could, though i've never written them before.

17. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Cool:cool:
    Hope it isn't over[face_praying]

18. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    of course not. would i leave my two most beloved EU characters out to dry like that? Pfft.
    -
    I'm only gonna leave One of them out to dry. [face_devil]

19. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    great post!

but I've got to say, Keer is either incredibly self-assured of his an Tenel's love....

or the wimpiest man alive....

If during the weeks leading up to my wedding, one of my wife's ex-boyfriends had shown up, and taken me aside saying he's going to profess undying love to my girl, I'd be sorely tempted to pound him....not encourage it...

[face_thinking] Just one of those odd biases I bring to the table I guess...:p

20. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    I can definitely tell you that he's not a wimp. An he knows that with this thing hanging in the air between Jacen and Tenel Ka, there would always be a part of him that would wonder 'what if'. He wants to see Tenel Ka make a choice, free and clear of any obstacles like that. It's not that he's so self-assured. It's that he loves Tenel Ka enough to support her descision once reached, as long as it brings her happiness. at least, that's how I'm playing him in This fic. [face_devil]
    and to be fair to Jacen, he didn't say one word about his feelings for Tenel Ka right off the bat. Keer could read Jacen like an open book on the subject, which shouldn't come as a surprise, considering the mood Jacen was in when he arrived.
    And who said he's going to admit 'undying' love? he just wants to let her know how he feels at this moment, but..he may not get the chance, if the wheels keep turning in my head the way they are. [face_devil]

21. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    nice story magehound (only reason I don't like it more is I"m a very hardcore j/tk fan)

Besides that small thing its an awesome story!

TnTornado

22. Padmare_Solo

Padmare_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2005
    :D more please!:D i loved it i am also a big j/tk fan, and i dont believe you'll dissapoint!!!! you are a wonderful writer!

23. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    aww, shucks ma'am. [face_blush] i just writes 'em as i sees'em. But thank you for the glowing words, they made my day. :)
    and Tornado: I am a huge J/TK fan. just look at my first fic, Not the First (too lasy to go find link :p)
    and trust me, as much as i have wrestled and fought with myself over this, I did say at the onset that this was biographical towards a point in my life earlier this year, and since my life rarely leads to puppies and hugs....
    Plus, writing what I KNOW is going to be an unexpected outcome is testing my abilities, and resolve. I hate doing it to them, but i've got to do it to them, to see if i can.

okay, enough vague spoilers! i will attempt to write the final part tonight, and will send pm's when it's up. If you don't receive a Pm, it means it'll be up tommorow night then. :p
    simplicity itself, no?

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I like your characterizations. Not a whole lot of authors (not even one particular profic author whose character I spent an entire paragraph criticizing) manage to make me hate a character and then like him later. You really should come to the CRPA sometime; that's our J/TK index and discussion thread on the Resource board.

25. Jedi_Latin_Student

Jedi_Latin_Student Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 2005
    YAY! an update! :D i loved it.

I hope Jacen doesn't chicken out. [face_thinking]

~Latin Geek~

Oh, and thank you for the PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.