main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A hellooo!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by SEVEREDARM, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEVEREDARM

SEVEREDARM Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2005
    Hi folks, at the prompting of Dave Chapman, Ive enrolled on the Fanfoce forum:D . So hello, Im Neil, been a SW fan since year dot, always been a sci fi fan, done lots of historical reenacting in my time (16 years!!), rode horses, trained people to fight, blown things up :eek: (great fun!) then got into being an Imperial Stormtrooper for the last five years via the UKG, more great fun! Im in the Midlands, obviously, Leicester to be exact. I currently enjoy making and taking part in fan films. And if I were to wish for one thing, it would be.......

.....nah, that would be telling!!
    Cheers!
    Neil:cool:

2. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Welcome to our little corner of the Universe.

Please feel free to stop by the pub, the landlady can be a little forward at times but that's why we all love her.

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

Awwwww...I knew you folks really loved me. [face_love]

That's why I keep coming back. ;)

BTW, welcome!!! :D

4. SEVEREDARM

Oct 7, 2005
    Aaah, thanks folks, well in that case mines a double..!:D

5. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    welcome to the nut-house!

6. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Welcome to FF-UK:M :)

Wendy... everyone loves you [:D]

7. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    And for $10, so can I! :p :eek:

I kid! I kid! :p

Anyway, welcome, Neil. Glad to have you aboard! :)

8. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Are you trying to say Wendy's cheap? You're in BIG trouble!

9. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

You know folks, after reading this, I better keep my big mouth shut since I fear I'll bash the TOS in any response I can think up. [face_laugh]

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Oh, you know I love you! ;) [:D]

11. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    so glad you made it mate!

from what you said in your first post i can see you have a lot of experience in different things.
    i do archery but have never gone as far as re-enactment.

so welcome the FF-UK:M (name yet to be decided - dont forget to vote)

p.s. no re-enacting in the halls with V. no touching of the valuable replicas. no running and no disturbing of the rancor (philly).

12. SEVEREDARM

Oct 7, 2005
    Well, shooting from horseback WAS fun!! And I'll be careful not to disturb anything!! He he!![face_praying] Like I said, my next developing skill set is film making, learning all the time, taken a part in a few, (www.orderofthesith.net blatant plug), but no website for our own stuff yet, incidentally we are Severed Arm Productions, thats me, Martin (Maverick118 for those of you who peruse the RPB and the Lair) and Lee Magrs. Im hoping some of you guys might like a part, we have around 60 bods on our mailing list at the moment, so if anyone wants on the list LMK.
    Cheers folks!

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

[face_blush]

[face_laugh]

14. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    *jumps up and down*

ohhh another re-enactor! what period? Shooting from Horse back.... I'm guessing later than me.

15. SEVEREDARM

Oct 7, 2005
    Reenacting?? Oeerr, well I did pretty much whatever came along, though primarily 15th Century, which is where the horseback archery came in. Also did English and American Civil wars, some Robin Hood stuff (great fun!!), Napoleonic: The Grenadiers a cheval de la Garde Imperiale (brilliant uniforms!!), Hundred Years War, Crusades, Barons Revolt (organised a week long event in Leicester entitled the Life and Times of Simon Demontfort, we had 15 horses and 80 troops marching down from victoria park!!), Iron age and a bit of roman, did loads of tournaments with the Plantagenets, also tons of weekends at Tutbury Castle in Staffs, (also nearly became the Custodian there after the job went up for grabs!) So lots of stuff covered!! Also took part in various documentaries that were being made at the time, which I suppose subconciously spurred me along the film making road. Had my own troop, about 25 of us back then, called Hastings Retinue or William Hastings Household. I have to say I ducked out of it all in '97, as it became fashionable and lots of idiots joined, plus I had pretty much had my fill. Every now and then myself and my mate Maurice do the St George thing in Leicester, so if you've seen two nutters in the Leicester Mercury thats us! They keep using that damn pic too, maybe I should charge them image rights!!!

16. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    AH ex hastings! I'm in the Buckinghams, I 'll look out for the Leicester livery next season. I'm planning on taking my TK armour to Tewkes next year. GLad I didnt this year it was too damn hot.

you must have a ton of kit for all those periods.

17. SEVEREDARM

Oct 7, 2005
    Oddly enough I did think about going to Tewkesbury this year just to see who was still there, but I had other things to do. The very first one of those I did was on the Vineyard fields opposite the Abbey, there was a castle built on the rise, plus some small buildings that got burnt during the fight, a seige tower and a couple of catapults. It was mega!! I got stck with defending the gate and as these things go we got battering ram-ed. It was fantastic fun and there were around 700 taking part, only rivalled in the late 90's when the battle went to the other side of the brook directly in front of the Abbey. I have to say Tewks was one of my favourite battles, with the consquent crawl into the town at night all the way up to the Black Bear! Ah, the good old days!! However I dont think I could go back to it now.
    Incidentally, we took on the Hastings mantle after hanging about with the White Company and the Staffords, they were happy for us to take it on and so I developed the Hastings Retinue. And there was much slaying.....[face_skull] !!!!!!
    I see you say about armour, white ABS?? You should think about being in my film!!
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.