main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Helping Hand...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by sideshow212, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    hey all!
    i am the phoenix fan force secretary, and if you need any help setting up your fan force chapter, feel free to ask!
    all you need to do is get three people together for three meetings! you can have meetings at a movie theatre, have a barbeque in a park, or(if you are willing to open your home) have people over for a movie party!
    we in phoenix recently all went on a trip to the ren faire together!
    you can have ALOT of fun by setting up a chapter, and meeting new people! when you get a chapter established, organize a staff (like a city rep, secretary, historian, treasurer...) and make a date (like once a month) to have a meeting in the same place every time, and start planning events!(like going to the movies to see the new episode II trailer!)
    feel free to check out our board in phoenix for ideas!

hope to see a tulsa, OK chapter soon!

2. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Thank you so much for your offer to help with anything we need. I have three people that can get together for a meeting right now, so we are going to schedule the first one this week. Thanks again for the generous offer to help.

General_Fel

ps...I love that Han Solo icon you use for your profile. It cracks me up every time. :)

3. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    cool! no problem...anytime you guys need info on fan force chapters let me know, or if you need ideas on what events to do when you guys get rolling, come on over to our board!

4. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Holy cow! Sideshow212 that is one big board! Hopefully one day the TulsaFanFource will look something like that too! :D I am going to take you up on your offer to help, if you don't mind?

How long have you guys been around? How many members do you have? Do you think your participation and size has anything to do with Phoenix itself? I am not knocking Tulsa really (becuase really it's not bad and it's where I am finially going to put some roots down), but it's not a large city and there we seem to be lacking in some areas. How often do you guys get together? Do all of you get together in one large group, or do smaller groups splinter off and just hang out? What do you do about new members? And how did you get the title of "secretary"? Can I assume there are other officers? How do officers get elected? Why and when did your group decide to have officers? Were there any mistakes or hurdles you can tell us about, so we can try and avoid them?

Okay, I think I will stop for now. I don't want to be a pest. I would love to see our chapter grow into something like the Phoenix chapter and I don't want General_Fel to do all the leg work. He has some great connections for sure, but that doesn't mean he has to do it all.

Thank you again, and feel free to PM me if you need to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.