main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Hermit's Monologues ~ after E3, right before ANH/slightly in it

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Neobi_Kenobi, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neobi_Kenobi

Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2001
    A Hermits Monologues

By: Neobi_Kenobi

This has been posted on the classic however it is a WIP so I am locking/linking the version on the classic thread.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything that has to do with Star Wars, Lucas does. And damn I wish I did.

It?s strange how you begin to look on life when you have no one to talk to. At first it was peaceful, now it?s disturbing. Now standing here, outside my door, on this desolate planet, I hear the wind speak?

Oh force I?m going mad! Yet?

It does, it speaks with all its might and furry, as it brings images of the past. Burns from heat and blasters, rawness from prison cuffs, the dampness of a swamp, all things that I wish would leave me alone.

~*~*~*~

Solitude. Seclusion. Isolation.

At one point I thought this was a curse, one that would eventually make me go mad. But now I see that only a mad man can truly understand every aspect of the force. Only in the sweet loneness can you replay every event, see every outcome, and understand every detail.

So many times while on this island of isolation, ha, an island when there isn?t a true body of water for light years!

Well, what was it that I was talking about? Oh yes, the island. So many times while on this island of isolation have I gone through every detail of every mission I have every gone on. At first I forgot many, but then they haunted me in my sleep. To stay awake was my only defense.

But of course now they even haunt me while I?m awake. I can still hear my master?s screams, or did he just scream once? It has played so many times in my mind that sometimes they all run together.

I can still hear my padawan?s cries for help and the shearing heat that blistered my face and hands as I got closer to him. I see that and I feel shamed that I didn?t do all in my power to help him. Even if I had died to save him things would be different now.

See this is what the solitude brings, and yet I thank the force for every minute of it.

~*~*~*~

It?s funny that I am still here, when in truth I could be anywhere. I could be rich beyond my dreams. The only reason I am still here is the mere fact that it was my last mission that the council assigned me.

The council has been dead for years now. And yet the force propels me to keep going to watch over our last hope, to keep it safe.

To tell you the truth I would rather die than be rich. To join the force is truly my only dream. To be safe and have those around me that I had called family, to see my dear sweet son that held the title of padawan.

To say that I truly hate Darth Vader for killing him would be of the dark side but I find more truth in that statement than if I were to say that I didn?t hate him for killing him.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!

I saved my son, I saved him!!!

Ha, ha, ha, ha!!

His screams, he screams, and no matter how fast I run I can not save him from Vader.

Is it getting hot in here? Do you smell that?

It smells of cooking flesh and singed hair.

Forgive me for my episode earlier in the day. Sometimes the heat can do funny things to people when they do not drink enough. Water here is so expensive it is a wonder that someone such as my self can come by it in such a quantity.

Well I believe we both need some rest now, it has been a most tiring day. As Master Yoda used to say to me when I was just a young student ?Much work tomorrow we have to do and much work we have done today.?

~*~*~*~

You know this dirt is very heavy and it?s getting everywhere. And do I mean everywhere.

What was that you say, why does it have to be so big?

I have to fit the speeder in it of course!

Why does it have to be so big, Ha, what a silly question.

Oh and now you?re giving me lip?

I get no respect, I mean I bring you here after I find you laying there in the desert and what do I get??

NOTHING, not a thank you or a why but nothing! Then I make you wonderful food if I may say so myself and you don?t even eat it and now you give me lip.

You better just shu

2. Neobi_Kenobi

Dec 15, 2001
    *a sigh can be heard* Look at the suns setting, it?s lovely.

When was the last time you bathed my friend because you are truly beginning to smell. I mean I don?t want to be rude?

NO! I don?t want to start trouble either; it?s just that you seem to be having some problems lately with your health.

You look very pale and your skin is so dry it is flaking off very easily. And you truly are beginning to smell rather unpleasant. It won?t be long before insects begin to flock to you.

Maybe you haven?t been drinking enough water.

Yes that is it, not nearly enough water. We will just have to make sure you start to get enough now.

Well the suns are down so we should get inside.

Come on now before trouble finds us.

I?m not going to carry you inside again!

No, I mean it this time.

Come on.

Oh fine but you owe me. And don?t think this is going to fly once you start getting enough water.

~*~*~*~

Would you look at this sand storm?!?!

It?s the worst one I?ve seen!

What the door blew open? Oh no little friend come back! You do not want to be stuck in this!

Little friend, do not worry, I am coming! *Obi-Wan coughs*

Force damned sand is getting in my lungs!

Little friend!! Little friend???

What in the hell is that?!??! Oh dear I do believe it is coming right to me!

*A loud thud can be heard as Obi-Wan falls into the sand, has been hit by a rock*

?Who?? Obi-Wan asked, heart racing. ?who?s coming??

?Seen him before, you have,? Yoda said. ?Master Qui-Gon Jinn.?

?You could teach me better,? Obi-Wan said evenly. The words invited the Jedi to ask Obi-Wan to be his Padawan.

But Qui-Gon merely bowed his head in thought. ?Perhaps I could,? He said slowly. The words caused a hope to rise in Obi-Wan. But only a heartbeat later, it was dashes.

?Or perhaps no one could,? Qui-Gon continued.

?But you?ll never survive the blast!? Qui-Gon exclaimed.

Obi-Wan reached into his tunic for the transmitter. ?Stand as far back as you can,? he instructed Qui-Gon.

?No, Padawan. There has to be another way.?

As if they?d conjured her up, Cerasi?s voice suddenly filled the air.

?I made my decision after the war ended,? she said in a strong, clear voice. ?I will no longer carry a weapon. I will fight no more in the name of peace. But today I might die for it.?

Horrified, Obi-Wan saw the flash of blaster fire. Qui-Gon staggered.

?Master!? Obi-Wan screamed.

Qui-Gon fell backward into the bowels of the ship.

At last, Qui-Gon?s enemy lay at his feet, just as he?d imagined. He stood over Balog, his lightsaber high, prepared for the stroke that would bring him so much satisfaction.

?No, Qui-Gon.?

?No, Obi-Wan?

*~The voice seemed to come from far away, yet it was so close to his ear. It confused him.*

*He turned and ~ opened his eyes, meeting Qui-Gon?s.*

?No, Obi-Wan. You have things to do. Anakin is on his way here. He WILL find Luke. This game you have been playing here in the sand can go on no longer. You must remember who you are, what you were made to do. Stop being selfish and start being a Jedi. The Jedi, that I trained.?

Wait Master please, please, don?t go!

*Turns and looks a few feet ahead*

Oh my, oh my indeed. Little friend, you have been dead this entire time.

*Obi-Wan falls to his knees watching the decaying Jawa before him*

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Wow, good job. I like the humor part of it that was added in.

The parts from Jedi Apprentice fit in really well. I think though that for people who haven't read the series they wouldn't understand, though.

I hope to see where this goes. :)

4. Neobi_Kenobi

Dec 15, 2001
    jedi_master_ousley : Thanks! Ya you are probably right about the parts of it that are from JA, oh well.

5. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    THIS IS GREAT! Though I feel stupid saying this, but I'm a bit confused.

6. Neobi_Kenobi

Dec 15, 2001
    Thanks diamond, well pretty much up until the end, (I re-posted this to go along with the meiosis experiment) you don't really know that it is Obi-Wan. I mean as of yet no one really knows how long Obi-Wan was there or what he did! So this is one possible way that he filled his time. Update should be here soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.