main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga *A Hero's Becoming: The Rise of the Rebellion* RR

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RogueSquadronFlygirl, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronFlygirl

RogueSquadronFlygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Title: *A Hero's Becoming: The Rise of the Rebellion* RR
    Author(s): RogueSquadronFlygirl, Saishu_Heiki, Iowaweezer, Uldir_Fenn, Iryla,
    thesporkbewithyou
    Timeframe: 10+ years post-Episode III
    Characters: OCs and other notables
    Summary: This is the story of a rebellion on the rise. It details the lives of galactic citizens from various backgrounds as they must choose between the might of the Empire and loyalty to the galaxy's new ruler, or the scrappy group of freedom fighters that wants nothing more than to bring down the Emperor and restore the justice of the Old Republic...or do they are they just in it for the thrills, the money and the honor?

~*~

After their prisoner had begun to regain consciousness, the guards had administered heavy doses of mind-probing serum and sedatives. It was several long hours before these began to wear off and Esara was once again aware of her surroundings.

She awoke with a groan, finding herself on the floor of a dark cell with manacles on her wrists. The mind-control serum had not done its job, thankfully. Instead, Esara suffered an adverse reaction to the drug and vaguely remembered the past hour she'd spent in an endless cycle of vomiting and hallucinations.

When the symptoms had lessened, her interrogators placed her in solitary confinement. She couldn't remember the first round of interrogation at all and was still trying to figure out where she was.

She tried to sit up and get a look around, only to have a hundred knife like pains in her chest. A few seconds later, a painful cough racked her body. Between tearful chokes, she was coughing up blood. Her injuries from the fall in the hanger were more than she or the Imperials realized. The blaster wound in her arm was the least of her problems. Her internal injuries were serious and had not been treated. If they kept this up, she wouldn't survive round two...

She was still clueless to her whereabouts when the cell door slid open. Her gaze flew to the door, where a man stood framed by the light from the hallway. He flipped on the light. Esara winced and squeezed her eyes shut. "Ah, I see you're awake" he said, laughing with dark satisfaction.

I know that voice....

After a moment, Esara cautiously opened her eyes.

She knew him indeed. The man was Gage Verrond; they were old squadron mates at the CoreStar Interstellar Martial Academy. Old squadron mates....and bitter rivals. She had taken the position he expected to get and he'd never forgiven her for it. Gage was now a man of 25 and he now wore the charcoal uniform of an Imperial officer.

"What have you done?" she hissed at him.

He only laughed. After a few seconds of pacing to and fro, he turned to face her, with hands clasped behind his back.

"My dear girl," he began in a sickly sweet tone "you've given me more than I ever hoped for. It's true what they say: caged birds do sing, and you sing beautifully."

"You lie!" she spat venomously. She glared at him, her piercing gaze boring through him until he, the cockiest and most brazen of the Emperor?s new loyalists, was forced to turn away.

"You're a lot of things, Gage" she said while he turned away and paced some more, "but you were never a good liar."

Gage?s smug smile deflated. His plan had failed, she didn't believe him.

"How did I get here? What have you done with my ship?" she said, unable to hide the tremor of fear in her voice.

"You were caught, Esara." he said flatly. "You are a prisoner of war, and I must say, your little droid put up quite a fight?but I would have expected more from you.?

Esara stared at him bewildered. Then it all came flooding back: the bar, the firefight, the hanger....

A fiendish smile curled his lips as he saw the look of shock appear on her face. "Your ship is now Imperial property...Oh, and I wouldn't expect any sort of rescue attempt, your rebel friends are dead."

"Murderer!" she all but spat at him. She would have attacked him, but she was instantly yanked back with a cry of pain,

2. Uldir_Fenn

Uldir_Fenn Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Hmmm, i'm just wondering how i'm going to fit in to this plot line. Nice strat, by the way :D

3. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
    Thanks! You don't have to fit into this "thread" of the story per say. We can have different stories starting in different places and then weave them together. ;)

4. Iowaweezer

Iowaweezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    yay! the first post is up....now I have to plan a way to weave a way into it (i'm very sneaky like that).

5. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Oooh...good post! I'm not liking this Gage Verrond guy.

Can't wait to see the rest of the posts!

6. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
    ?Come now, what?s all the fuss about? Surely you?re not hungry again? You only just got feed when we left home.? Andria Drayen spoke softly to the small bundle she held in her arms. From amongst the heat-retaining blankets, a tiny face paused in mid-cry, calmed by the voice of his mother

A hand broke through the blankets a reached upwards, grasping his tiny fingers at thin air. He gave another scream, but it was only half-hearted. His infant desires seemed to be met.

?See, I told you there?s nothing to worry about,? cooed Andria.

She looked up from her baby and back to the food shelf in front of her. Though she had a food synthesizer back in the apartment that she called home, Andria had always liked preparing her own meals. Some would say that this was a very backwards approach to life but there was just something about meals that you cooked yourself. Andria called it personalised food.

?Ceetwo, can you grap that pack of spices? The mixed Alderaanian one.? Andria?s home carer droid, HC-233, grapped the suggested pack and put it into its carry container, which was already home to numerous other consumables that Andria had also selected. When Andria had first bought Ceetwo, it had refused to be any part of ?such uncivilised procedures as?as grocery shopping!? But after threats of blasting, getting left to float through the void of space, returning to the manufacturer and severe wire rearrangement, Ceetwo had consented. Yet, it never seemed about these trips, though Andria didn?t know why she thought this. Everyone knew that droids didn?t show any emotion unless programmed too and Ceetwo definitely hadn?t.

Maybe I?ll take it for a maintance check soon, thought Andria.

The baby in her arms gurgle happily and she gave it an absentminded smile. She had other things on her mind.

?Now, what else did we want? Hmm, got that and that. That, too. Ah, I think we?ve got everything we need. No, I still need the nerf milk. Ceetwo, could you go grap me a couple of bottles of nerf milk??

Ceetwo trundled off to go get the almost forgotten milk and some how managed to move in a disapproving way.

I reckon that?s why I got him cheap from his last owner.

?Oh, miss, that?s a cute babe you ?ave there,? said an accented voice next to her. Looking up, Andria saw a middle-aged woman peering at the bundle that Andria was cradling in her arms. The woman had a pleasant smile and kind eyes on a face topped with short, greying hair.

?What?s his name, miss?? the woman asked.

Andria was immediately enchanted by this woman with her kindly manner, her ready smile, her respectful gaze. There are beings that are just like that; Everyone?s friends.

?Jorun. His names Jorun.?

?Oh, wha? a lovely name!? The woman stuck out her little finger and Jorun grasped it with his hand. ?Lovely name for a lovely boy. You must be so proud! What ?is father think??

Andria?s face clouded over. ?Jorun?s father isn?t part of either of our lives anymore.?

The woman?s face was instantly sorrowful. ?I apologize. Tha? wasn?t my place to ask.? Her voice was genuinely regretful.

No, it isn?t.? This was a bit harsh but Jorun?s father was a particularly sore subject for Andria. ?Who are you, anyway??

?I?m just a lady passing though, miss. I?m sorry if I cause you any inconvenience.? She turned to head back out the shop door when five, life changing events happened in very quick succession.

Firstly, a trio of white armoured stormtroopers barraged through the door and quickly caught sight of the woman that Andria had just been talking too. Secondly, Ceetwo came back from his mission for the milk. Thirdly, the stormtroopers raised their blaster rifles and aimed them with practised precision at the woman.

Fourthly, but the one that Andria most hated and despised herself for, Andria steeped back, startled by the sudden appearance of such hostile stormtroops. The hurried step made her step onto Ceetwo, whose shiny chassis gave her feet no support. As she fell towards the ground, Jorun flew out of her arms and a

7. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
    Great post, Uldir_Fenn! Is anyone else ready to post?

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This is going to be good, I can tell! :D

9. Uldir_Fenn

Apr 11, 2004
    Is anyone else ready to post?

10. RogueSquadronFlygirl

Apr 2, 2005
    Is anyone going to continue this story, or did everyone call it quits?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.