main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Hero's Love- Trial of Circumstance (Final Version Up--See last page for link)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Alman, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Wow, thank you. But do I really deserve it? I haven't exactly been good about writing lately...

Thank you everyone for sticking with me through 700 posts! I hope I can make myself write the last post. I just don't like writing bad guys!

2. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    Yay!!!!!!! 700!!!!!! Party time! 8-}

btw yes you do deserve it! We're all hella busy nowdays and we appreciate it anytime you post!

3. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Just an up before I go. This sank fast. Again. Don't want this to go too far.

4. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Up take your time.

5. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    But do I really deserve it?

In a word, yes. Yes, you do.

6. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    You know where I think this belongs.

7. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    I think I'm going to camp out here. Anybody care to join me?

8. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    sure why not, i will camp out here with u, the only thing is that i have to go to bed i have a test tomorrow, in biology which i did not study for, damn i am stupid, oh well, i hope i do okay, i can't wait for another post on this story, it is a good one

9. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    *pitches tent*

Hey, no one hit it back! :p
    Sure, why not?

The good news is: the final post will be up tomorrow at the latest. The bad news is, it's the final post :(

But there will be more. There is so much I want to add. I have a page in my notebook dedicated just to scenes I want to add in when I edit.

10. Gosford_twin2

Gosford_twin2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2002
    Silly socks love campouts!!! I want a marshmallow! Can I go swimming in the lake? I think I forgot my PJs. What's that?

11. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Well everyone, I decided to get it up tonight. Thank you, Zara_Rose. This is it, everyone. I will say my thank-yous tomorrow, as I do not have time right now, but enjoy the final post of this story. There will be more, but it will be in a new thread. If you would like to read the final version, I will provide a link to it when it is ready. But in the meantime...

The larger Ssi-ruuk stood rigid at his full height, agitated and angry. His blue scales moved from a shining, brilliant blue to a fierce red as the lights of the battle display surrendered their information to the admiral.
    Sailji heard a deafening roar and the admiral sent the display table crashing to the ground. Duchvis? massive form thundered over to one of his subordinates.
    ?Why were they allowed to escape?? The words sounded like a cyclone in the admiral?s rage.
    ?I apologize, Admiral. Our forces were unable to??
    The Ssi-ruuk?s voice garbled and faded out when the dart found his throat.
    ?Send him to the entechment before he dies. He is unfit to serve the Ssi-ruuvi in life. Let him serve as energy.?
    Immediately, two, russet-colored Ssi-ruuvi stepped forward to drag away the body. Then the admiral turned to face Sailji.
    ?Then the gods have made their decision, have they not? They tell us that we have collected sufficient energy. It is time to move out and act on our destiny!?
    ?Admiral, I do not feel that this was an action of the gods. The G?nnoch specifically tells us that the gods do not manifest themselves through acts of violence.?
    ?And following the code of the G?nnoch in all of its detail has brought our people into the state they are today. We are no closer to realizing our destiny than the day those words were written! Tell me, Direect, do the Ssi-ruuvi rule over all other beings of this galaxy??
    ?No, Admiral.?
    ?Yet this is what the G?nnoch says is our fate! No, Direect, this is indeed the sign of the gods. We are strong enough now to make our first strike.?
    ?But we will be weakened by the war,? Sailji stated pointedly.
    ?Then we will only have need of enteching more captives.?
    ?Our ships are no longer fit for such warfare. We have moved away from our old style of fighting and always trying to capture enemy vessels. When we captured the Jedi girl, you yourself ordered our ships to be refitted for destruction as opposed to capture. Hence, our ships are unfit for providing us with more entechment subjects.?
    Duchvis? lips peeled back in a wicked smile. ?Then we will take back that which was stolen from us. We will find a Jedi. And our experts tell me that these inferior beings are most susceptible to our molding when they are young. And so, Direect, we will attack. We will find a young Jedi, and when the whole of the galaxy is in our grasp, you will thank me for realizing the will of the gods.?
    ?All importance is placed on the Jedi??
    ?The gods will either deliver us subjects for our battles, or they will hand us a Jedi. But we know that our enemies worlds are sparsely populate after their recent warfare. So all depends on the Jedi. They will deliver the galaxy into our hands, or they will contest the fate of the Ssi-ruuvi. The future rides on the actions of the Jedi.?

12. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    Apparently, oh Silly sock of mine, that was the final post of the story.

Very nicely done, Alman, melikes (I know, it wouldn't be a Z_R response post if I didn't use strange words). I know I joined the party a little late compared to some, but thanks for letting me get to be your beta. I enjoyed it, and I'll stick around for the next round.

Oh, BTW, I've got chicken, hot dogs, and hamburgers on the grill.

13. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Just as the fate of the Yuuzhan Vongs lie on the hands of the Jedi, so too are the Ssi-Ruuks, eh, Jedi_Alman.

Nice way to end the story with a bit of foreboding.

A note for the editing - I think this is the right way to use these words.
    A Ssi-ruu
    Three Ssi-ruuks
    A Ssi-ruuvi paddle beamer.

By the way, when you put up the sequel, you'll be placing a link to that sequel in this thread, right?

14. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    taht was a great post, are u writing a sequel to this story, i think it would be cool, it was a great story, thanks for writing it u did a great job

15. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Now that this story is complete, I have quite a few people to thank. I thank everyone for reading, and for responding when I had opinions to ask of you. I could not have done it without each and every one of you!

Sara_Kenobi, you were the first person to ever respond to my writing. I can honestly say that it would never have gotten this far without your encouragement. Thank you for your support.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, again, you gave me encouragement when I needed it the most. I thank you for your help.

Princess_Leilia, you are another of the people I must thank for being there in the beginning. I could not have done it without all of you.

Lonewolf89, you were with me for a while, staying there when few were. I have to thank you for this, our I would have lost hope in gaining readers.

Jedi_Johnson, offering wisdom when I was new to the board, you helped me a lot in the beginning. Thank you for your help.

Jedi_Knight_Satine, you are one of the contestants for my most loyal reader. For that I cannot thank you enough. I am a person who needs encouragement to keep up what I am doing. So this story would not have been completed without your constant support. Thank you.

aninonymous, again I'll say that I need encouragement to keep up my work. And it is always nice to see a new face. It's refreshing.

Ganki, I have to say the same thing to you that I said to aninonymous, it is nice to see a friendly, new face on this thread. I need the support.

00Jedi_James...I'll just talk to you later :)

SRB_Jedi_Knight, another of the contestants for my most loyal reader. I am especially thankful to you because I know how busy you are. I thank you for all of your help and support.

U_KnOwWhOo, once again, it is helpful and refreshing to see a friendly, new face.

JediAlly, I said in my first post that all critisism is welcome, but you are pretty much the only person that took me up on that. I don't even try to put on any airs that I know all there is to know about Star Wars, and all of your help is appreciated. Thank you for your support and assistance. BTW, does that information come from tTaB? I lost my copy, and the encylopaedia is not very helpful on that. If it is from TaB I will change it.

jacen200015, a fresh face to offer an encouraging word is very helpful. And you stayed here too. I thank you.

SpeldoriontheBlended, another refreshing face. Every new person helps me to know that my work is not lost to a select few.

Master_Jaina1011, you helped me, too, to know that SRB was not the only person reading at the time you came on board. Thank you.

Jaina_Solo_Durron, another person to pop in and offer a word of encouragement, thank you for that help.

Rolltide75, I always wanted and needed words of encouragement like yours. Thank you for your support.

queen37, offering encouragement when few were there to offer it. Thank you for that.

Aunecah_Skywalker, I have read your work, and I respect your opinion. You were there with me for a long time. Thank you for all of your support, and for your own work.

Zara_Rose, what can I say to thank you? Constant encouragement. Perhaps my most loyal reader. My beta. My friend. You have helped me, I think, more than anyone on this project. So the only words that I can think to be appropriate are thank you."

jacensky315, there for a time to offer your support. I know you were there behind the scenes, and it helped me to know that there were others out there reading who perhaps were just not posting. I thrive on help like yours. Thank you.

NIGHTBROTHER__DH, a friend on this and other threads, it is nice to hear a friendly voice. Thank you for your support.

Alabama_Jedi, again, I knew you on and off of this thread. I thank you for your support in all of my efforts. You were there pretty early on, and you stayed to the end.

16. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I'll check and get back to you.

17. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    You're very welcome, Jedi_Alman. And you know I'll be here for round two.

18. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    ur welcome Jedi_Alman, i can't wait for the sequal, i will be there for the whole thing

19. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Coolness.
    Great post!

20. Mousie

Mousie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Thanks Jedi Alman, Im stillreading my way thru the story - i dont know how some people do it so quickly because theres a lot to read - anyway I'll keep reading and keep an eye open for the link

21. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    You're welcome :)

btw, tell me when your next one starts! Can't wait *jumps up and down like a psycotic puppy*

I missed camping :( 8-}

Great story. Hope the replies come to add another page ;)

22. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    What do you mean you missed camping, Satine? We're still here. I don't know about the others, but I won't pack up until the series is finished!

23. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Yay! *brings ALL her stuff over*

8-}

What's the deal with page 11?

24. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    i'll join the camping trip, i got a sleeping bag and some food that will last me a while

25. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    If you need anything else, ask me? Run out of food? It's all good! I brought a refrigerator.

8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.