A Hero's Love-- Trial of Circumstance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Alman, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAlly Jedi Master

star 4
    Go to www.njoe.com. TFP should be there. Don't know about TUF.
  2. Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *Cough*

They paid for their room, and headed toward the guest hangar of the Joy Moon. They wore their tan jumpsuits, taken from the Jedi Academy, with their Jedi robes enshrouding their bodies. Tahiri wore a jet-black robe that overlapped itself greatly in the front, making it appear like one continuous piece of cloth. Anakin?s robe was a sandy-brown color, with a split down the front of it, which made it flow like a cape whenever a breeze took it.
    The people on the boulevards yielded as they identified the Jedi. The Jedi Knights were again respected and liked after their part in the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. Before that conflict, there had been much resentment and distrust directed towards the Jedi. Anakin and Tahiri walked slowly side by side through the columns of people with their hoods covering over their faces. The people who stood aside for them gave affirming and comforting nods as they made eye contact.
    The Love was in its bay just as they had left it, now refueled and serviced. They were given clearance to leave nearly as soon as they requested it. Virtually the whole station knew that the two Jedi Knights aboard had been with the woman when the first disappearance had occurred, and nearly all of these had supposed that their businesslike departure now had something to do with the mystery. All were content to help in any way that they could.
    They vectored the ship off away from the gravity well of the planet Thyferra, then set the ship?s computer to keep them on a safe course. Anakin turned to Tahiri, asking her if she was ready to begin the meld, but she answered before he could produce the words.
    ?Yes,? she said without prompt.
    ?What?? he asked, confused.
    ?I?m ready to start the meld.?
    ?How did you know that I was about to ask you that??
    ?You did ask me.?
    ?No I didn?t, I never said a word.?
    ?But I heard you, I heard you ask me as clearly as I hear you speaking now.?
    Anakin was thoroughly perplexed. What?s happening? he asked himself.
    ?I don?t know,? said Tahiri.
    ?What?? asked Anakin, shocked.
    ?I didn?t say anything. I thought your question was rhetorical.?
    ?Tahiri, I never asked a question.?
    ?Yes you did. You asked what was happening.?
    Now Anakin understood what was happening.
    ?Tahiri, I think I know what?s happening here.?
    ?Yes I know, you?ve already said it, or thought it I should say.?
    Anakin laughed. She did too. The Force meld that they had created earlier had not disappeared. Their bond to each other had kept it alive. Their thoughts became as clear to each other as conversation. He could hear her every thought, and she could hear his. They were as close to each other as any two beings could be. Only two Jedi could attain the level of unity that they had. The Force knew their love, and it had used it to cement their bond. From now on the two of them would function as one being, they were inseparable.
    Anakin smiled and began forming the words on his tongue, but Tahiri only raised one finger to her lips and smiled back from behind it. She leaned across the space between their couches and kissed him gently.
    I know. I love you too.
    Their melded-mind was easily able to reach out to the Force to be guided to the planet where the Force ?strings? led. Tahiri entered in the course, her hand being guided by the Force. The ship, being a royal transport, had a very thorough databank of planets. From the coordinates entered, it retrieved files from its military data on the planet as the ship began its trek through hyperspace.
    ?Lwhekk,? said Tahiri, sounding out the pronunciation. ?The Ssi-ruuk home planet. They attacked Bakura twenty-six years ago. Uncle Luke defeated them there. After that, they were beat to the verge of extinction by the Chiss.?
    Anakin was smiling at her.
    Uncle Luke, he thought at her, you?re even starting to talk like me now.
    She laughed briefly at herself, then turned back to the computer readout.
    If they were beaten so ba
  3. JediAlly Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome back, J_A. Darth Real_Life released you from its Force Grip, eh? Also nice to see this fanfic pulled from the cobwebs.
  4. Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I've been posting on a few boards over the last couple of days, and it seems that quite a bit has changed in my absense. In a way I guess that's good...but I still miss the way it was :'(

Thanks for noticing the fic JA

EDIT: I actually found the previous thread for this fic. I put a link to it in my first post on this thread.
  5. The_Slilent_One Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice... another post maybe?? plz?? with sugar on top?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.