main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Holo Is Worth A Thousand Words (Response to the Dress Up Obi Challenge)-Obi/Ani Humor

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: A Holo Is Worth A Thousand Words
    Author:LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: A few years before AOTC
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, random Obi fangirls and a touch of Siri.
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: When Obi-Wan and Anakin take a vacation to the beach, Obi-Wan has some unforseen complications.
    AN: This is my response to the Dress Up Obi challenge here. It's kinda long and rather disturbing even to me, but I hope you enjoy.

A Holo Is Worth A Thousand Words

?Hurry Padawan, our transport leaves in twenty minutes,? Anakin?s master called.

Sixteen year old Anakin Skywalker groaned in dismay; he never liked being rushed.
    And Obi-Wan Kenobi, his master, always had paranoia about being late to anything. ?Punctuality,? Obi-Wan once said. ?Is something a Jedi must be.? As much as he cared for and admired his master, Obi-Wan could be very uptight at times.

Throwing another tunic, some socks, and bathing suit into his pack, he left his room. Usually Anakin wouldn?t care so much about packing a great deal, but this particular trip was different. They were actually going on a vacation, some that Jedi seldom did. After several extremely trying missions; Obi-Wan decided they needed a break.

For the next week they were going to stay at a beachside resort along Corellia?s largest sea. Anakin enjoyed the fact that he would be able to perfect his swimming abilities as well as experiment with different varieties of water craft. He was also hoping to learn more about his master and try to get Obi-Wan to relax. Anakin was sure this last plan would certainly be the hardest one to figure out.

~~~~~

The flight to Corellia was uneventful which was what Obi-Wan preferred. He knew his padawan always wanting adventure and the chance to show off his superior flying skills, but it was nice to have a break from that. The Jedi Knight was thrilled that the Council had granted them a short leave, something that was becoming increasingly more difficult to acquire.

Obi-Wan remembered the last time he?d visited the Corellian seashore; at the time he was twenty and Qui-Gon had brought him on the trip. It was one of the most relaxing times he could remember and he couldn?t wait to have the opportunity to relax.

?Master, we?re coming into the Corellian atmosphere,? Anakin stated.

?Good,? Obi-Wan replied. ?The resort is only a short distance from the docking bay.?

Anakin gracefully set down the small craft a few minutes later and they passed through customs before they proceeded to the resort.

?Reservations for Kenobi,? Obi-Wan said to the man standing behind the desk.

?Ah yes, room 815,? the attendant replied handing over the key chips. ?Will you be requiring any swimwear, sunscreen or equipment rentals? We do have a shop that carries anything you might need for the water.?

?No, I don?t believe so.? Was Obi-Wan?s polite reply.

?Very well,? the attendant responded. ?Enjoy your stay.?

~~~~~

Their room turned out to be quite adequate, even luxurious. Obi-Wan could tell immediately that his padawan was surprised by the opulent suite they?d received. But surprisingly the first thing Anakin said was ?Let?s go to the beach.?

Obi-Wan chuckled. ?But we?ve only just arrived.?

?I know Master, but I feel like swimming,? Anakin replied eagerly.

Normally this would be a time where Obi-Wan would tell Anakin that he must control his impatience, but they were on vacation after all. ?All right, let?s go swimming.?

Anakin flashed a grin towards his master and ducked into the fresher; he exited a minute later wearing his dark blue swim trunks.

Obi-Wan carried his bag into the fresher and began rummaging through his bag for his suit. ?I know I packed it,? he muttered to himself as he continued to search. Five minutes later he looked down at the emptied contents of his bag in dismay. It seemed that he forgot his suit in his haste to leave.

?Padawan,? Obi-Wan said walking out of

2. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    [face_blush]...[face_laugh]

Ooh, Obi-Wan in a speedo[face_love]

Hilarious, but that must have been highly embarrasing. Anakin and Siri are evil. Very cute.

3. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    ___Sithspawn___:Ooh, Obi-Wan in a speedo

Yuppers!

Hilarious, but that must have been highly embarrasing. Anakin and Siri are evil. Very cute.

Yeah, poor Obi. Anakin and Siri just can't resist making fun of Obi. I'm glad you liked it. :D

4. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Anakin continued to chuckle, looking at the yellow monstrosity.

Perfect way to describe it!

?Hey cutie,? said a woman sauntering over to where Obi-Wan and Anakin were sitting. The lady looked to be in her mid twenties, had blonde hair and wore a slim pink bikini.

?Pardon?? Obi-Wan asked, not sure if she was talking to him or Anakin.

?You heard me, hot stuff,? the woman declared waggling her eyebrows at Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan blanched and Anakin nearly choked on the beverage he was drinking.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] Oh dear god! That is one amusing image!

Loved it! Speedo Obi...doesn't get any better than that!

5. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    anakin_luver: Perfect way to describe it!

Thanks!!

Oh dear god! That is one amusing image!

Yuppers!

Loved it! Speedo Obi...doesn't get any better than that!  

You're right, it does. I'm so glad you liked it!

6. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    LOL!
    I never thought I would read about Obi in a Speedo, and you did a really good job of it![face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Brilliant!

7. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hee! [face_laugh] Oh, Lily - you always do a wonderful job with humor and this piece was no exception. I absolutely LOVED it!

How funny! But oh, poor Obi-wan. The isolation of Tatooine is probably looking pretty good to him right about now. [face_laugh]

Great job! What a hilarious challenge response!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hmm, a yellow speedo. Is there anything at all that could draw more attention to him? ;) :p Love that Siri got th holo and distributed throughout the Temple. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ummm, got a copy handy?

Very nice story...love Anakin's reaction and the women on the beach. Hilarious.

10. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    delta-7starfighter: LOL! I never thought I would read about Obi in a Speedo, and you did a really good job of it!
    Brilliant!

The idea of writing about Obi-Wan wearing a tiny yellow bathing suit was too irresistable not to write about. I'm glad you liked it! :D

VA_Parky: Hee! Oh, Lily - you always do a wonderful job with humor and this piece was no exception. I absolutely LOVED it!

Aww, thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it.

How funny! But oh, poor Obi-wan. The isolation of Tatooine is probably looking pretty good to him right about now.

Yes, I imagine it is. [face_laugh]

Great job! What a hilarious challenge response!

Thanks again!

Healer_Leona: Hmm, a yellow speedo. Is there anything at all that could draw more attention to him? Love that Siri got th holo and distributed throughout the Temple.

I don't think there is anything more eye catching than that. Glad you liked it!

Valairy_Scot: Ummm, got a copy handy?

I wish! [face_laugh]

Very nice story...love Anakin's reaction and the women on the beach. Hilarious.

Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

11. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh my, Obi in a Speedo- brilliant. I can just see his face going red and Anakin laughing over it. And Siri taking the holo and making copies- wonderful. Anakin and Siri do such a wonderful job of torturing him. *grins* Great fic.

12. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    I agree. I agree.

13. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I feel sorry for Obi-wan... :oops:

14. Gizzi1213

Gizzi1213 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2006
    Obi-Wan in a yellow speedo! Now there is a mental image to release into the Force!

Very funny! Loved it!

15. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    OH...this is great LilyHobbitJedi....all Obi's speedo needed were yellow Polk-a-Dots...[face_love] And hah....Siri got him good..

~Piper :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.