main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Holocron of No Account: Dear Diary Challenge - Entry #4 - 2/27/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RebelGrrl, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    [image=http://rebelgrrl.org/pics/ahona.png]

Title: A Holocron of No Account
    Author: RebelGrrl
    Timeframe: Intertrilogy
    Characters: Silence Faidhe (POV)
    Genre: Mixed
    Summary: Silence Faidhe documents her knowledge of the Force and dictates the events of her life one year prior to the Battle of Yavin by beginning to keep her own personal Holocron.
    Notes: for the Dear Diary challenge.

Constructive Criticism Welcome!

PM List:
    obsessedwithSW
    VaderLVR64
    Tatooine_Ghost

Not For Glory Bound Chronology
    19 BBY - Silence & Solitude
    14 BBY - Lost & Found
    10 BBY - Visions & Dreams
    1 BBY - A Holocron of No Account
    0 ABY - Waiting & Wishing

Deep within the ruins of Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, a young woman sits cross-legged and alone in meditation. Suspended before her is a shimmering cube of golden light formed by a lattice of transparent crystal around a glowing metal core. Deep eyes of chocolate brown snap open of a sudden and the light goes out, dropping the fragile construct into the waiting palms of her pale hands. A please smile graces her lips and slender fingers gently caress the cube.

Silence's young figure in miniature beams to life above the relit holocron, a perfect likeness of the blonde teen from her tightly bound braids to the pristine white of her new borrowed tunic. Perhaps she'd change that in time, but this small triumph was enough for now. She has successfully re-imprinted her father's holocron. He was still there for her, in it's depths, but now it would serve to record her own story as well.

She touchs the new prosthesis resting at the base of her throat, and as her fingers leaves it's blue metal surface, a tiny pinprick of light blinks to life to signal it's operation. Gathering her thoughts, she begins to speak in an unnatural and droid-like voice...

"I am Silence Faidhe, of the last of the Jedi."

2. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Ruins of the old Jedi Enclave
    Dantooine, Raioballo Sector, Outer Rim
    First Day, Year 17 of the New Order

My name is Silence Faidhe, of the last of the Jedi. I would say the last, but Master Jinn tells me that is not so. If he would only tell me why I must be apart from them...

At least Ra's loneliness is eased with the end of our long exile. He's back at the Rebel scoutship now, filling them in on our extensive knowledge of the local terrain. We've been stranded here for two years with only each other for company. We didn't dare approach the farming communities, not after...

Not after Mimban.

We were as surprised to encounter the scouts for the Alliance to Restore the Republic as they were to find us. It feels so right in the Force, though. With our knowledge, they'll be able to base here far more swiftly and right under the noses of the agricultural combines. And Ra and I, we'll finally be able to do something, give our parents' sacrifices meaning and raise a light against the darkness engulfing the galaxy.

I guess I've sorta answered my own question, then. This is why I can't go rocketing off to find the others. I'm needed here. For now.

3. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Good to see Silence again. It will be great to follow her story!

4. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    We were as surprised to encounter the scouts for the Alliance to Restore the Republic as they were to find us. It feels so right in the Force, though. With our knowledge, they'll be able to base here far more swiftly and right under the noses of the agricultural combines. And Ra and I, we'll finally be able to do something, give our parents' sacrifices meaning and raise a light against the darkness engulfing the galaxy.

Rebelgrl nice to see you posting in the saga, we missed you!

Parents sacrifices? No! What happened?

Wonderful begining as aways please pm me when you update!

5. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    PadwanKayla: Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. :)

obsessedwithSW: Hopefully Ra will cooperate soon so I can finish 'Visions & Dreams'. He's been sulking, you see, and refusing to come out. Something about an embarassing arrest... :D

You'll learn what happened to Nala and Vek soon enough. :D I will be sure to PM!

6. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Entry #2, Year 17 of the New Order

Ra didn't come home last night. No one ever warned me about this... this part of being so close to another's mind and soul. I guess Father was a lot better at shielding than I ever knew, because, well... I would have remembered.

Yeah, this is all hinting around it, so I should say it straight out. You can see how red my face is. Ra had sex, and it almost felt like I was having sex, but I haven't ever, so I guess I can't be entirely sure that it'd feel like for me how Ra feels it, but I felt it. I couldn't look at him at all when he finally came back. I bet my skin was as pink as his... it felt that way.

He tried to talk to me, but... I couldn't. Not, like, in a bad way... I mean, I'm not mad at him or upset about it or anything, but he'd try to get me to look at him and he'd speak, and I'd remember and I just couldn't get any words out. I've never felt this way before, so out of control of my own body. So... on fire and like I desperately need... something. He finally gave up, muttering something about clearing a landing sight, and left.

Except now I wish he hadn't gone. I don't have anyone else to talk to. I mean, there's the Rebel scouts, but one's a Bothan and the other's... well, probably the one that Ra spent the night with. Master Jinn made me promise not to seek him in the Force, that he would come to me when he was able, and I guess this isn't important enough to break my word for, but I wish he'd appear about now. He's awefully busy for being dead.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful job! =D=

Please PM me when you update.

8. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Ra didn't come home last night. No one ever warned me about this... this part of being so close to another's mind and soul. I guess Father was a lot better at shielding than I ever knew, because, well... I would have remembered.

Is this more than just awareness? Being able to sense what someone else is doing when the are apart? Or does she have a special connection to Ra? Very intrigueing update can wait for more!

9. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Thank you! You're added to the PM list.

obsessedwithSW: Oh, yes, it's more than awareness. Ra and Silence share a Force bond. It's stronger on her part than his because she's the Force-sensative and he only has his Zeltron empathy. She could sense all his pent up passions and desires spring loose, and she's old enough to realize what he was probably doing, though young enough not to have done it yet herself. They've been stranded together with no one but each other for two years, and that dependency made the link all the stronger. Ra's been stuck with an adolescent human girl he views as his sister, so his natural Zeltron nature has been under a lot of.... stress. :) Except this is Silence's diary and not his. I don't think I could post his at TF.N :D

10. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Underground Storage Room
    Entry #3, Year 17 of the New Order

The imaging lens of the glowing holocron is turned towards a duracrete wall. A yellow light illuminates the wall's surface to reveal a myriad of crudely painted images and seemingly endless rows of Aurebesh text. The image stills and focuses on the outline of a Helix-class freighter. Silence's new synthetic voice is heard narrating into the vocal pickup with a sober tone.

This is the Monarch Queen. It was my home since I can't remember when. It's hard, to know it's gone forever now. This is what I did before I could make the holocron record for me, all these pictures and writing. I have to destroy them now, before the Rebels find them, because I don't want them to know... know what I am, why Ra and I chose to accept our exile on Dantooine.

So I'm recording them. When I'm done, I'll take my blaster and scorch away my scribbles. I guess that's kinda appropriate. Father said the Jedi burned their dead, and this is pretty much all I have left of my childhood are memories. Except this holocron, of course. And Father's lightsaber.

Anyway, this next picture is Nala. She was Ra's mom, and sorta my mom, too. She was a lot more beautiful than I could draw her. Ra looks like her, so I guess when I can get a holo of him in this thing, you'll just have to imagine if Ra was a girl. I miss Nala a lot. She taught me all the things Father didn't know, and I'm sure a lot of things that Father didn't want me to know, too. She's the one who convinced me I wasn't dying when I got my cycle, and showed me how to take the shots to keep from getting pregnant. She explained pregnant, too. She and Father really loved each other, though sometimes they had funny ways of showing it. Like slamming each other into bulkheads or hurling insults I got in trouble for repeating. Father always said I'd understand when I was older, but I'm older now, and I still don't.

Nala died saving Ra and me, while we were escaping Mimban. The Queen took a hull breach to the cockpit and Ra dragged me out, but when he went back for Nala, she'd sealed the bulkhead door and refused to open it. She got us into hyperspace, but when Ra finally got the door-override working, it was too late. When we came out on the other end of the jump, Ra set the remains of the sublights to overload and we jettisonned in the escape pod. We left her there to become one with the stars she loved.

I... I think I need to take a break now. I hate how emotionless my prosthesis sounds.

11. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    It really sounds like Silence has been through alot.Did she loe her voice due to the fire? Where was her dad when Nala died? Questions, lots of questions. Two updates in one day, what a treat!

12. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Fire? I fear I must have written something in a confusing manner. There hasn't been a fire. How Silence lost the ability to speak will be elaborated on, though, as will Revek Faidhe's fate. But who doesn't go through a lot when they're a refugee from genocide?

I'm glad you're enjoying the diary format. I was a bit hesitant at first. I don't want Silence to sound older than she is. I've been trying to make her waver in the maturity level of her speech since she's just 17 here.

To all: I've put the PM list in the first post of this story. If you'd like to be added or removed, just let me know!

13. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. could you please add me to your pm list.

14. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Tatooine_Ghost: I've added you to the pm list. Thanks for reading!

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    A wonderful update. I'm really enjoying reading about your OC.

=D=

16. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Thank you!

Underground Storage Room
    Entry #3 (part 2), Year 17 of the New Order

[Focus: The tear-stained face of a blonde teenaged girl]

I feel better now. This next part is really hard too, though, so I guess you'll have to bear with me if I gotta cut out again. I'm not doing such a good job with the serenity clause of the Code.

[Focus: A blur of motion. Then the image stills on a third child-like painting of a man with long blond braids]

This is my father. His name was once Camren Fuhl, and he was a Jedi Knight. He gave up his name to hide himself and me, and called himself Revek Faidhe. He gave up a lot, but he found a lot, too. I'll never know who my birth-parents were, but he'll always be my father.

Sometimes it feels like he's still with me, just beyond my senses. I look into the otherworld, the mists of the Force, to try to see him, to speak to him, but it's like I've tossed a stone into a pond. The ripples wash him away. Master Jinn says that I must learn patience, rather than rushing about like a Gungan with his tongue on fire.

I'm avoiding what I set out to say. Even after two years, though, the words still don't come easy. The nightmares make their rounds with far more ease and I wake screaming soundlessly in Ra's arms. Less nights now than at first, but the visions of menacing black and burning red still haunt me.

My father died like the Jedi Knight he was, bravely and selflessly, and unfortunately like so many before him, on the blood-red lightsaber of Darth Vader.

And it was all my fault.

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm avoiding what I set out to say. Even after two years, though, the words still don't come easy. The nightmares make their rounds with far more ease and I wake screaming soundlessly in Ra's arms. Less nights now than at first, but the visions of menacing black and burning red still haunt me.

My father died like the Jedi Knight he was, bravely and selflessly, and unfortunately like so many before him, on the blood-red lightsaber of Darth Vader.

And it was all my fault

Incredible update! I like this OC more and more with every entry.

=D=

18. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. can not wait for the next post.

19. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    Fire? I fear I must have written something in a confusing manner. There hasn't been a fire. How Silence lost the ability to speak will be elaborated on, though, as will Revek Faidhe's fate. But who doesn't go through a lot when they're a refugee from genocide?

Sorry I take that back, you were clear Im just senile!

Darth Vader killed Rev?:eek: I want to hear that story!

20. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    VaderLVR64: Thanks! I do hope things aren't too sketchy. This is one of my major OCs and while I don't want to reiterate the stories I've written her in before, I also don't want to skip so many of the important details that new readers are lost! :)

Tatooine_Ghost: Thank you. The next post should be soon. :)

obsessedwithSW: [face_laugh] I don't think you're senile. We'll be getting around to Vader vs. Revek as soon as I can convince Silence to spit it out! :)

21. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Underground Storage Room
    Entry #3 (part 3), Year 17 of the New Order

[Focus: The tear-stained face of a blonde teenaged girl]

Oh, sure, Ra tried his best to convince me my father's death wasn't any responsibility of mine. He tried his best to do a lot of things in the wake of our mutual losses, and I'll always be grateful to him. I just don't think I'll ever forgive myself.

You see, the whole reason we were in the Circarpous system at all was because of my dreams. Visions, really. Ra argues with this and said it was because he got us a job out of Circarpous XII smuggling small arms, but that didn't have anything to do with my insistance that we divert to Circarpous V before picking up cargo on XII.

Images of a glowing red crystal swathed in darkness had been waking me for weeks. A sensation of being called, of danger, of needing to find this thing was constant, and both Father and Master Jinn indulged my revelations, but it never came to me just where I would find what I'd come to believe was destined to be my lightsaber's focusing gem until I was feeding the coordinantes for Circarpous into the navputer.

I was both so wrong and so right.

We weren't prepared for the industrial discharge that surrounded us on making planetfall. It put us far off course of the navigational beacon on the planet's surface and made for a rather harsh landing. But, as Nala said, any landing you can walk away from is a good one. Ra and Nala stayed behind to make repairs and figure some way of getting space-borne while Father and I set out through Mimban's tropical jungles to find this mystery jewel.

What we found was the reason for the atmospheric pollution. The Empire had set up a mining installation, excavating for some sort of rare crystal. I'm ashamed to say I panicked at the instant sense of forboding that flooded me and caused quite a scene in the streets. A scene that put Father, me, and several miners in the local lock-up. Halla, the middle-aged miner who'd been filling us in while trying to claim she was an incognito Jedi Master, vanished when Captain-Supervisor Asbra's 'troopers showed up.

So that left Father and I holding the bag, or rather, a shard of the jewel that'd been haunting my dreams and in the hands of the man who'd been holding a grudge against us for fifteen years. Or at least, a grudge against Nala, Ra, and Father, since I'd been just a child at the time Lady Taeli got Ra sprung from his custody back on Zeltros. It goes back a bit further than that, but that's the first time we knew Abras was out for us. Of course, he didn't know what he was out for, exactly, thinking Father and Nala were just your run-of-the-mill smugglers.

That's probably why he put us in an ordinary cell, even after confiscating Father's lightsaber and the crystal shard. The stuffed-shirt didn't have any clue what he had, which was good for us, because it made escape a simple affair. Relatively. As simple as things ever got in our lives, anyway. Father just had to have his lightsaber.

[Focus: A tearful smile flashes across the young woman's face and vanishes.]

Halla hadn't abandoned us after all, and caused a few explosions to distract the 'troopers and Asbra. We didn't have the shard any more, but we didn't needed. Just holding it for the scant time I had it was enough for it's draw to increase thousand-fold. It was only the unfortunate geography that kept us from making a straight line towards it.

Halla promised us the shield modulations to get up out of the atmosphere again, but she kept those in her thick-skulled head, saying she'd tell us when we had the jewel. Like such blackmail was even necessary. I couldn't have kept from going straight for the crystal even if I'd wanted to. The days it took taxed me enough and frayed my Father's nerves so that he threatened to sedate me, and more than once.

We weren't, in the end, the only ones seeking this prize.

[b]Author's Note:[/b] If this sounds familiar, well, it should! Since

22. obsessedwithSW

May 24, 2005
    We weren't, in the end, the only ones seeking this prize.
    Luke and Leia were right behind? So her father died with Nala and the hull breach?

23. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Oh, no. :) Luke is still a farmboy on Tatooine and Leia is still a Princess on Alderaan. There'll be no Luke in the year this diary covers. I haven't decided about Leia. It depends on the timing. :D

The events that Silence is relating here happened two years before she's telling them. I've been horridly blocked and it's taking forever to fill in the back story I want!

I'm hoping to get to Revek's actual death in the next part.

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Great update! =D= Love your OC! :D

25. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Underground Storage Room
    Entry #3 (part 4), Year 17 of the New Order

[Focus: Silence sits crossed-legged in a dimly lit room with a backdrop of painted faces, starships, and planets on the wall behind her. Her blonde hair is drawn away from her tear-stained face in thick braids and her brown eyes are touched with red from crying. Her lips move, but a computerized device resting at her throat supplies the words in a droid-like monotone.]

Looking back on it now, I think Captain-Supervisor Asbra must have called us in. There sure wasn't any Imperial Navy in the Circarpous system when we reverted to realspace, and no more malevolence in the Force than what haunted my visions. But suddenly it was there, a burning hatred, pain, and rage I'd not felt before, and I knew with utter conviction it was coming for us, and the Kaiburr crystal.

I should maybe explain a little. It's not that I've not felt the presence of the Dark before, but that one was cold. Dead and soulless and so icy-cold it threatened to burn. This presence was fire itself. It would consume us if it caught us and leave nothing but ash in its wake. Father felt it, too, and for the first time in my memory, I sensed a moment of true terror from him.

We could have given up, then. Turned around, found our way back to Ra and Nala and the Monarch Queen and persuaded Halla to help us anyway, but both Father and I had touched the crystal shard, and while I was the more attuned, he felt it now, too. He felt its power, and we knew without the necessity of words that we couldn't let this maddened, evil thing have it. We had to get it first, and escape, or destroy it ourselves.

Halla seemed completely unaware as she manuevered the landcrawler through the swampy terrain. Whether she was actually ever Jedi or not, she wasn't a strong one. It'd been a con, but one I could forgive her for. She was helping us, after all.

It was the morning after the arrival of the Dark presence that Halla pulled the landcrawler up to a halt at the crumbled entrance of a pyramidal temple of black stone. It was a race between me and the old woman to see who could get out of the 'crawler fastest while Father tried to reign us both back with caution. Me, being smaller and his daughter, he collared easily and made me take a more sedate pace while lecturing me on the instability of ruins and jungle-encroached architecture. I'm afraid I didn't listen well.

When we reached the main chamber, the old lady was already clambering up a pile of rubble to try to get to the pulsing crimson jewel in the central statue's stone hands. Whatever species built that place and worshipped there, well, I sorta hoped that they didn't make their god in their own image. It was a thing of nightmare, with leathery wings and a face full of tentacles. I know some species would think it beautiful, but I didn't. The crystal's variable glow gave the whole place a sinister light, warring with the natural sunlight filtering through the broken dome of the ceiling.

It's call was perfectly clear, now, and enthralling. It called for me. That's why I didn't notice the hulking reptiloid creature bearing down on us from it's hidden alcove.

Father shoved me out of the way, his lightsaber in his right hand and yellow blade ignited in that same instant to face the beast. The lizard was easily the size of the landcrawler, and tough as the temple's stone. Father's blow would have cleaved the side of any lesser animal, but only left a long, nasty gash in this one's scaled hide. It's howl of pain was terrible, and rather than flee to nurse it's wound, it whirled to the attack again.

Yellow flashed and scored another strike on gray-green flesh with another bugling howl while I fumbled with my blaster. The beast had another surprise for us, when it's pink tongue shot out and pulverized the remains of a crumbled column a mere whisper from my father's head. I was fighting the crystal's call while I drew aim and my father was dodging tooth,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.