main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Huge Galactic War

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Danakin15, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danakin15

Danakin15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2004
    I have heard so many complaints about battles and wars not being long enough, and that the Clone Wars start at the end of one episode and finish halfway through the next episode. But if I'm not mistaken, aren't the Jedi and the Republic already at war buy the time of Episode 1 and 10 years later in episode 2, it's only moving to a larger scale, with it's enemies increasing.

The Clones were only created to assist the Jedi in what was just another battle. The Jedi were already at war. This war then lasts for 20-25 years more, which is what the old trilogy is. It's the same war, there's just been a turn in the tide. The Emperor has gotten what he wants, he just has to finish off the remaining Jedi, but Luke defeats the Sith instead. The Saga as a whole is one big Galactic War that lasts for more than 30 years, then comes to an end when the Sith get destroyed. It's a war filled with twists, turns, betrayal, it goes through so many changes that is what makes it a diffrent sort of a war.

2. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    First of all, twisty and turning is not quite what I'd call Star Wars. Secondly, the clone wars last until Grievious is dead, which pretty much marks the end of it. However, it dosen't OFFICIALLY end until Anakain, a newly dubbed Darth Vader, kills all the Clone Wars leaders, where there all in that room and he starts killing everyone. Thirdly, (hey i counted to three! yay!) the 'second' war in Star Wars dosent really start until Luke ages enough and starts the Gallactic Rebellion thingy. Fourthly, well i dont have a fourth point, but you get the picture...right?

3. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001
    The Clone wars and the Galactic Civil War are two different conflicts.

The Clone Wars is a fake war set up by the Sith to take control and exterminate the Jedi. The Galactic Civil Wars is the REAL battle.

4. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    I don't think its fair to say that the war spans from the PT to the Ot because the latter trilogy showed us a civil war.

5. DarthKozzer

DarthKozzer Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    No, the rebellion was already at war when ANH came along, Vader tells Leia she is part of the rebel alliance and luke is excited to know the droids seen many battles and were part of the rebellion against the Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.