main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Hundred Years (Jaina/Jag, 1/1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Enelya_Sol, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    Title: A Hundred Years
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Zekk, Luke Skywalker
    Timeline: Somewhere far, far in the future.
    Rating: G

Disclaimer: Jaina Solo, Jagged Fel, Zekk, Luke Skywalker and the rest of the SW galaxy do not belong to me. They belong to Lucas, Del Rey, respected authors, etc.

The title of the fic, and song lyrics used, are from Five For Fighting?s ?100 Years.? If you know the song, you can tell it?s the basis for this story.

Summary: Years can pass you by in a heartbeat.

?I still can?t get over that ballad of Tionne?s, Jay. ?The Jedi Mechanic???

She rolls her eyes, punching his shoulder hard. ?You better.?

He shakes it off, chuckling softly. ?Relax. You just graduated. This should be a celebration, especially given everything we?ve gone through these past months.?

Silence and eagerness and apprehension. Finally, she takes a deep breath, meeting his eyes. ?I?m leaving tomorrow with Aunt Mara.? Look away, no, look at him. ?Is this goodbye??

?Might be.? Softly, reluctantly. He runs a hand through his long hair, suddenly sober. ?We?ll always be friends, right??

Right?

She stands along the edge of the bank, watching his retreating form walk away from the river bank. She watches and wonders. She?s leaving tomorrow, about to take her next step as a Jedi Apprentice. No more Academy, no more adventures around with her brother or any of her friends. It?s a strange thought. More than that, it is a strange feeling.

Fifteen?s come and gone, and before she knows it, the year will be over like the setting sun. Her stomach knots as she realizes that another chapter in her life just closed, a new one set to begin.

Her head lifts upward to watch the flock of piranha beetles fly across the canopy overhead one last time, a small smile on her face. She?ll try; she?ll try to keep that promise of friendship. But she knows it?s not made to last. It doesn?t bother her.

She?s fifteen at this moment, and her life has yet to really begin.

And I'm just dreaming
    Counting the ways to where you are

?I love you, Jaina. Come to Csilla. Marry me.?

?I... I?? Faltering and stuttering as she blinks back tears. No, she knows she?s going to say no. ?Jag, I love you, too. But??

His face becomes grimmer than she?s ever seen it and it stabs her heart. ?But??

She shakes her head, and blinks back tears. ?Just, not now. Not tonight. I can?t? I?m not ready.?

?Will you ever be??

?I don?t know.? Hearts beat in silence. Lost, she feels lost. ?Just hold me??

Like always, he does.

It?s morning now and the sun?s rising and she knows she has to move on. Step away from another desperate attempt at reconnecting with him, another failure in her life. She?s becoming distant from everyone, but she thought it would be different with him. She hoped it would be different with him.

It wasn?t.

She wraps her cloak tightly around her body, as if it would stop the chill from creeping up the back of her neck. Standing by the edge of the bed, she watches him sleep, one arm clenched around a pillow and the other still reaching out as if holding her. Most of all, she watches the content expression on his face, forming a permanent holo in her head.

She needs to move on with her life, but she can?t. It?s too hard, too difficult. But she?s accepted it, diving head first into her role as a Jedi instead. It?s easiest to be alone, after all. To remain aloof and independent from the rest of the galaxy, and especially to protect those she loves.

At twenty-two, it?s easiest to say goodbye one last time.

And we're on fire
    Making our way back from Mars

?Mama, when?s Anni gonna be here??

?Soon enough.? She chuckles, helping the wide-eyed boy clamber up into her lap.

He presses his ear against her rounded stomach, tickling the sensitive skin. ?She should come out now. I wanna be a big brother now.?

She hugs him close as another voice intrudes in the room, chastising gently. ?You will be soon enough, Chak.?

W

2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Oh that was a nice story :)

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
  4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Truly beautiful Enelya.

A fast forward look through Jaina's life, the most important parts of it.

Glad to see she got the family and the life she deserves. I feel sorry for her in Profic.

Wonderful job. =D=

5. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Truly beautiful, Enelya.

Life does pass by quickly...

oldj

6. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Oh, thats beautifully written. [:D] =D=

And it's so good to see Jaina get the happy ending, Profic is too harsh on our Jaya.

~Misha

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That really was superb... :)

8. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Powerful statement...It shows a total 180 in her philosophy on life that you took the reader to gradually with the story before that point.

Excellent idea for a post, and good fun to read...
    Cheers
    Trep

9. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Lovely. Excellent!

10. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Nice. I like how Jaina matured.
    Very clever to leave out elements that are up in the air, like Jacen. :p

11. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    I usually heavily dislike songfics, but...

Oh man. Goosebumps and chills, because it was that...bittersweet, I suppose. Just like that song (which happens to be one of my top five favorite songs, the others being "Hey Jude", "Let It Be", "Baba O'Reilly", and "Times of Their Lives").

12. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    If only we all could have a 100 years... great song fic Enelya_Sol.

It is nice to have Jaina (and Jag) know peace, they both deserve it in my opinion.

And so many Jedi Fel children.... just what the GFFA needs, yeah!

JaY

13. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Lovely story, sorry I didn't see it till now. If you would please, PM your story info to Jaina_Jag_Index. :)

14. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    very nice. anything that can make me that sad is well-written.

15. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    That's amazing!! like aurra said anything that makes me sad is well writen.
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I
    V

that was well said and i loved it very sweet.

16. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I loved how you told her life so vividly. It was nice to see someone showing Jaina happy at some point along her journey. Really lovely :D

17. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
  18. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    I could've sworn I replied to this. Loved it. Very poignant. I especially loved the look back.

[face_peace]

S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.