main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Hunter Hunted (CT OC One-poster)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Face, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Okay, I've finished my first fanfiction (Lost Knight). Now I'm going to try my hand at a one-poster. I hope you enjoy it. Comments, questions, and/or criticism are welcome. Please.

The Rodian was of average build, but slightly shorter than most. His skin was
    green in color, and his head had a shiny baldness wrapped around his pointing ears that perched atop his skull. He was dressed in a brown-orange shirt and black vest. He
    stepped back slowly at first, drawing a blaster pistol. Then, a wave of realization came over him and he sped up. The Rodian broke into a run, seeking refuge in a seedy alley of Duro.

"<Don't even blink, or you're bantha fodder!>"

The figure chasing him didn't stop. The Rodian's pursuer came into view.

"<Y-You! Why won't you die?>" the Rodian yelled in its native language. He stroked the blaster's trigger four times. Beads of sweat rolled down the Rodian's face,
    which was contorted into an expression of terror.

The other took the first shot in the shoulder, but dodged the remaining three. The Rodian's chaser was a male human, Corellian of origin. Though the Corellian had black hair and penetrating brown eyes, no others could tell because of a helmet that he wore over his entire head. The Corellian had broad shoulders and a fit body, covered by light body armor, green in color.

The Rodian fired off three more scarlet bolts, two of which hit the predator's
    heart-saving breast plate, bouncing off into the sky. Finally, the Rodian tossed down the
    spent blaster, but not before attempting in vain to shoot several more times. He reached
    for his nerf-hide vest and opened it. Under his helmet, the Corellian's eyes widened.

The Rodian held the thermal detonator aloft so his hunter could see. The Corellian protested.

"Easy, put that thing down. You could level a building with that, not a wise
    choice."

"Then shouldn't be enough to kill you, Tlach?" the Rodian replied. He pressed the
    button. Wynt Tlach, Leghe Vebb, and everyone in the Scout's Respire hotel had twelve seconds to live.

Vebb the Rodian dropped the spherical detonator on the ground and began to run
    again. Tlach glanced around to look for any other individuals near by. The only
    individual in the area was a lone Duros child, no use in stopping explosives. So Tlach took action himself. He came down on his knees and examined the soon-to-be-fatal
    object. Tlach was not knowledgeable on explosives beyond being able to throw or
    launch them, especially not something as powerful as the weapon in his hands, which hit nine.

Desperately, Tlach loaded the thermal detonator into a large-barreled weapon that
    normally fired small-power grenades. He aimed almost straight up and counted in his
    mind. Six... five... At five he pulled the trigger, sending the spinning detonator up
    into the air.

The sphere was caught in the day's strong wind. It was blown to Tlach's right and
    still had many feet to fly when it exploded. The shock wave dropped him to the ground. The corner of the hotel split up into a cloud of debris. Tlach winced under his helmet. A slab of ferrocrete fell two feet away, then bounced into him, knocking the Corellian down again. The sound was deafening and the air soon rank with smoke and upheaved building structure. As he watched, two bodies came down from the hotel roof and hit the alley with a pair of sickening thuds. Tlach winced once more and then all was quiet.

Two Weeks Later

Wynt Tlach set Fringe Shadow into motion. The Corusca freighter was
    ancient by the standards of most starcraft connoisseurs and builders, but Tlach just
    wanted something to get the job done, getting him from place to place. Fringe
    Shadow
    fared well at this, but took the extra care. Tlach didn't mind; it allowed him to focus his mind in places other than his profession as bounty hunter.

Strangely enough though, Tlach did not feel unsettled about his failure to catch
    Vebb. More often, he tried to veer his thoughts away from the

2. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    That was good.

And Wynt fired the first shots in his life that would be used for good.

For you, my family. For you.

I really liked that line.

Good job, Face.

lordmaul13

3. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Thanks, maul. A Sith's approval is always nice. ;)

Anybody else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.