main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Hymn Before Dark--Padme's perspective of ROTS--New post 9/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaomiOrganaSolo

NaomiOrganaSolo Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 8, 2005
    Another wonderful update :)

More soon?

2. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Wonderful, as always.

What I love so much about this story is that it's such a seamless blend of so many complex emotions - there's love, hate, fear, humor, friendship... It's amazing! I read along and my heart races happily and then plummets in sadness - all within the same paragraph!

Simply amazing! And I also loved your reference to the baby as "Skycrawler" - too cute! :)

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    The "Skycrawler" thing I first heard from my friend who a few months ago dropped all things SW and gave me her entire collection of stuff from 1977 on. I thought it was so cute! Thank you for your kind words on it being a "Seamless blend." It's what I always aim for in a story, but am never sure how exactly to do it. I think I have an empathy with Padme this year, especially since my marriage ended on the same day as hers (My annulment hearing was on May 19 and I was yawning all the way to the courtroom, but I got it).

Yes, soon, today.

I wished that they had kept the beginnings of the Rebellion in the movie because those scenes with the Senators are so telling and I'm glad I found them on the cut scenes scripts. I'm enjoying setting up the conflict that she sees in Obi-Wan and with Anakin and how it lends a certain helplessness.

Thank you! I like that.

4. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    Just caught up with you last post, but it's been a long time since you have written. I look forward to the next post!

~SL~

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks. The lack of writing has been a lot to do with the whole getting fired and then getting horrendously miserably sick thing. I got hired at a new place today and am feeling better, but can't write angst, so not sure when this will be updated.

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [:D] Wow, you're having a rough time. I hope things improve for you.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I´m better now, but wasn´t for a while. I´ve got a job and am not sick any more.

8. unknown_shore

unknown_shore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2005
    Glad you're feeling better, and like the others who posted, I'm really enjoying this story.

It really does make Padmé seem all the more complex - in ROTS, she came across as just... ugh. I'm not sure if Lucas was aiming for displaying Anakin as something of a leech that just drained her strength away or what, but that was my one big disappointment in the film. Thus, when a fic like yours comes along to bridge what was said and what she thought, it makes me mucho happy.

I really like what you've done in filling in the gaps, and I hope you continue!

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, I hadn't thought of him as a leech, but that's exactly what it seemed like. Thanks.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, this will be updated today or tomorrow, I'm just not sure when.

11. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Woohoo! I have missed this!

[face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.