main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A.I: Artificial Intelligence" Score Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Son of the Suns, Jun 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    oh well, you can't please all the people all of the time.

Is this where I'm supposed to flame you now? :p

2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    The score, in my opinion, was better than the movie(which was good). I thought the cues and themes fit the characters and action on screen to a T. The score works by itself as well(leisurely listen on cd) it evokes images of the movie and is downright pleasurable to listen to.

The Reunion is the penultimate "mother-son love" theme. If you want to hear a theme that sums up the love that a son has for his mother and vice versa then the aforementioned theme is it. IMO

3. The_Eye_of_Strilo

The_Eye_of_Strilo Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    I have most of the A.I. score, including the music from the Oscar "For Your Consideration" CD, put into film order. I think the score for this film flows so much better this way than on the CD. Personally I feel this is one of John Williams' all time greatest scores. Very few times does it actually even resemble Williams' characteristic style. I strongly urge anyone who has not heard the whole score to give it a listen. It's quite good.

4. Draxtralia

Draxtralia Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2004
    Monica's Theme is probably one of his lovliest, yet saddest musical pieces. If the film itself was lacking in heart to some viewers, the score certainly made up for it.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree. I know Williams fans who don't really care for the film but love the score. This one was certainly worthy of the Oscar nomination. Should have won in my opinion.

6. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    Yeah, even though I was very happy with the Fellowship win, I was still rooting for A.I. at the time.

It's funny that when this thread was first posted, people were sort of on the fence about this score. Since then, the score's legend has grown and it's now considered one of Williams' finest. I love the movie and I LOVE the score.

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    It freaks me out that I saw this thread had been up'd right as the A.I. score was playing on my randomized iTunes... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.