main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A.I.C.N. The Science of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by thejeditraitor, Aug 1, 2014.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    In a way that's pretty neat. I certainly admire the effort. But such examinations in comparing what's on screen with the potential for real world sciences and and applied technologies always works better with more straight science fiction, like Star Trek or the Alien franchise; Blade Runner, Minority Report ...films like that. Star Wars is kind of an odd fit. I never got the sense that Lucas was inspired by real life space exploration or futurism when conceiving things like laser swords, a moon-sized battle stations or talking droids. If anything, though, I suspect he probed more into biology when writing about midichlorians.

Sarge likes this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    well he wrote about space travel, robots, cloning, etc. those are all science reality now.

4. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    Nevermind the Trek of Stars...that's blasphemy in these parts, sailor! :p

Let's take repulsor technology. Repulsor coils seem to resemble a certain type of dielectric propulsion system designed by the father of electro-gravitics, T.T. Brown, in 1938!
    [​IMG]

Many of the skeptics, like the government nay-sayers, claim this was ionic wind, but that was specifically disproved by T.T. Brown when he submerged one of these "gravitors" in an oil bath, which would nullify the ionic wind, and the gravitor still produced incredible thrust. A great book to get started is the Secrets of Anti-Gravity Propulsion by Dr. Paul La Violette, PhD, a physicist who painstakingly details all the experiments in excruciating detail.