main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A JA question for a Fan Fic......

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hi everyone.....
    Aanix_Durray and I are starting a new JA AU fan fic and this question came up.....

Didn't they mention somewhere in the JA books that Qui-Gon had a Padawan before Xanatos who didn't turn...or am I just goign crazy? ;)

It could be that I'm just mixing that up with a fan fic cause I looked through the books and couldn't find it.........

Oh well if anyone remembers that...and maybe happens to know whether they mentioned her name I'd appreciate it!
    Thanks!

-snowbee-wan kenobi

2. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Hi Snowbee,

It is only mentioned in The Episode One Visual Dictionary that a jedi advances to the rank of master when fully train a padawan to be a knight, hence the mystery first padawan of Qui-Gon. No name is given.

It is never mentioned or even hinted at in the JA books.

3. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    ok thanks jodiwent....
    I must be thinking of something else then....
    :)

4. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    The only thing I know of the first is what someone else said in another thread. Here it is.

If you read the TimeTales, Qui-Gon's first aprentice was one only 5 years from knighthood, who he took whilst wanting for Xantos to become avaliable for training.
    The coucil were impressed with how much he teaches his first aprentice, but Qui-Gon never talks of this first aprentice.

5. A-Karenda

A-Karenda Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I read that in someone's fan fic so you're not completely imagining it! (enless I am as well?)

6. council_of_trent

council_of_trent Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    There was a mention of an apprentice before Xanatos in there, I just can't remember where.

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    What Jodiwent said is true. It's mentioned that Qui-Gon had another Padawan before Xanatos in the TPM visual dictionary :)

Some fan fics pick up and expand on it but most either never mention a first apprentice or say there never was on. Still it's an interesting idea :)

8. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Ok, I'm not nuts either then. :) I thought it said he had one too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.