main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Jedi Father's Memories: A Skywalker Family AU: Author's note (3/7)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMasterRev, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Sabewanness!! [face_mischief] [face_dancing] *cooes happily* Coupled with Skywalker mischief, it's both absolutely beautiful and adorable! Outstanding job, JMR! :) :D

A strange smile crossed Obi-Wan?s face as he reached over to kiss her forehead. She looked puzzled by his change in demeanor as she asked, ?What is it??

After giving her a brief kiss, he whispered, ?I?ve been waiting for this my entire life.?

*melts* Beautiful! He's been waiting for her his entire life... *smiles indulgently*

AQ

Edit: Post 100! *cheers* =D= [face_dancing]

2. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Well, you already know what I thought of this chapter *grins* But I'll say it again- I loved it. Especially the Obi torture... I think he's learned his lesson now about betting with former Naboo handmaidens/Queens as well.

I loved Ryoo's crush on him. Though I feel bad for her, too. Poor little thing doesn't realize that Obi-Wan apparently already has his eyes set on someone...

Liked the last scene too, of course *grins* So is there nothing about attachments in the Code anymore? Or is Obi-Wan just going to ignore the Code like Anakin did?

3. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, yay! Obi-Wan and Sabe are finally getting together!

The scene with Leia trying to get Luke in trouble was hilarious! I always did the same thing to my brother whenever I could!

jazz

4. hansgirl1031

hansgirl1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    Like Jennie said, you already know much I liked this chapter! :D And even though I am a dedicated A/P shipper I really enjoyed the developing romance between Obi-Wan and Sabe. [face_love]

I am wondering though what happened to Ryoo...is she still searching for the Dantooine cider? How worried will she be when she can't find any for Obi-Wan? Will she find out that he tricked her? And if so, how hurt will she be? :(

Anyway, great job! Don't make us wait too long for the next part! :D

5. DarthPolymerase

DarthPolymerase Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    This is Polymerase studying for chem midterm: :_|

This is Polymerase after reading your update: :D

Gotta make this quick but I love Obi and Sabe getting together! I have a feeling this will generate a lot of conflict on several levels--will he ignore the code or just kinda skirt around it? Facinating stuff. Great work--I'm so stoked to read the next update! :) (And the "I'll tell Master Yoda on you" was classic!)

6. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    \\o \o/ o//

7. Lady--Skywalker

Lady--Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    LOVE the crush factor!

Yeah Luke and Leia fighting does remind me of my sister and me, MOST DEFINATLY![face_laugh]

KEEP IT UP, REV!=D=

Thanks for the PM.:) [:D]

8. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
  9. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Thanks everybody for your wonderful responses. More is coming very soon.

3po1ab: *Hugs Obi-wan and Sabé* Sigh, one of these days

Perhaps, sooner rather than later ;).

Leia's antics are going to catch up with her...

Oh most definitely. We shall see that soon, as well. Thanks for reading!

Starshine: All your posts are wonderful. I am sorry I didn't reply for some time

Awww...thank you so very much. Just glad that you are still reading and enjoying!

AngelQueen: Sabewanness!!*cooes happily* Coupled with Skywalker mischief, it's both absolutely beautiful and adorable! Outstanding job, JMR!

Thank you so very much. I do like to try to keep my readers happy.

*melts* Beautiful! He's been waiting for her his entire life... *smiles indulgently*

Gosh. Glad you liked that. I try hard not to be too cheesy. Thanks for reading and being the 100th post ;).

Alethia: Especially the Obi torture... I think he's learned his lesson now about betting with former Naboo handmaidens/Queens as well.

I'd say so too.

I loved Ryoo's crush on him. Though I feel bad for her, too. Poor little thing doesn't realize that Obi-Wan apparently already has his eyes set on someone...

That's why they call them crushes. If they were simple, they'd be call something else ;).

So is there nothing about attachments in the Code anymore? Or is Obi-Wan just going to ignore the Code like Anakin did?

The Code has been loosened. However, in time we will find out what poor Jedi have to do in order to get permission to have attachments ;). *Slaps at plot bunny to go back into its hole*

Thanks for reading. Happy that you liked :).

Jazz_Skywalker: The scene with Leia trying to get Luke in trouble was hilarious! I always did the same thing to my brother whenever I could!

I think all of us with siblings have been on either side of that situation. Thanks for reading!

Hansgirl1031: And even though I am a dedicated A/P shipper I really enjoyed the developing romance between Obi-Wan and Sabe

Well, even our favorite Jedi Master and handmaiden have to have a little fun too.

I am wondering though what happened to Ryoo...is she still searching for the Dantooine cider? How worried will she be when she can't find any for Obi-Wan? Will she find out that he tricked her? And if so, how hurt will she be?

Well, she probably gave up afterawhile and sulked that she couldn't find it for her crush. As far as finding out that he tricked her, probably not until much later. By then, it won't matter. She'll definitely survive.

Anyway, great job! Don't make us wait too long for the next part

Thanks so much and much kudos for beta reading this chapter!

DarthPolymerase: I have a feeling this will generate a lot of conflict on several levels--will he ignore the code or just kinda skirt around it?

Possibly, but we shall see eventually how he will handle the code.

Facinating stuff. Great work--I'm so stoked to read the next update!

Aww..Thank you so very much. More coming soon!

Rosh_Penin: :)

Lady--Skywalker: Thank you so very much. Sibling rivalry always brings out fond memories of our childhoods.

A/N: Since I don't want to be a pest, could everyone again let me know who wishes for me to PM with updates? I want to update my list so if you miss it here, I will ask again when I send them if you want to be included. Thanks! New chapter coming this week!

Also, my heartfelt thanks and appreciate to all of you who nominated and voted for me during the Summer Awards. I was honored to be included with some wonderful writers and am touched that you all thought so highly of this story be included with those. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. :)

10. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    *loves PMs*

AQ

11. Jedi_Scythe

Jedi_Scythe Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2005
    =D= =D= =D=
    Just found this story and I love it! Its great to see a fanfic with a Sabewan romance and the Skywalkers as a family. After ROTS it warms the heart[face_love].
    Great Job, JediMasterRev , and I would love a PM too:D

12. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Jedi_Scythe: Its great to see a fanfic with a Sabewan romance and the Skywalkers as a family. After ROTS it warms the heart

Thanks so much...After the tragedy of RotS, I thought we could all use some sunshine. I will definetly include you on my list.

A new update is coming up soon :)

13. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    what a wonderful fic. can you add me to your pm list. i love happy stories! keep up the good work.

14. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    This fic is just so adorable! I love fics that focus on "What if Anakin hadn't turned", and he's raising his kids. (is grinning from the cuteness of it all) I loved seeing Obi-Wan trying to deal with the twins' antics and Ryoo's crush. It just cracked me up!

Stormqueen

PS. PM me when you update?

15. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    Zvalarens: Thank you so very much. Glad you are enjoying. I will definitely add you to the list.

Stormqueen874: This fic is just so adorable! I love fics that focus on "What if Anakin hadn't turned", and he's raising his kids. (is grinning from the cuteness of it all)

Thanks a billion. I like venturing into this territory because it is so wide open. I've always thought it would be interesting to see how he would juggle things, given the opportunity.

I loved seeing Obi-Wan trying to deal with the twins' antics and Ryoo's crush. It just cracked me up!

I'm glad you like that. I definitely enjoy giving the stuff Jedi a hard time. :).

Thank you for reading and I will add you too onto my list.

More coming soon!!

16. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    Thank you for reading and I will add you too onto my list.

Cool! Thanks! :D

Stormqueen

17. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    My thanks to everyone who's posted and for your extreme patience as it took me awhile to crank this one out. Hope you all enjoy! Thoughts and comments are always welcomed!

Chapter 9: Fish, Candy and Dinner

There are many perks being married to the famous Senator from Naboo. Aside from prime seats at sporting events or, Force forbid?the opera, we could arrive at some of the swankest restaurants in all of Coruscant without a reservation and be seated immediately. This was a rather useful thing since Jedi tend not to have a predictable work schedule. However, one of the consequences of this relationship was that my beautiful wife could sometimes take hours getting ready, even if we were going out on a short date. I suppose it was something from her days of being a Queen, but Padmé insisted on look just a certain way when we were in public. Hence, I?ve spent a lot of my life just waiting for her.

This was the situation I currently found myself in. I was dressed in my finest tunics and I was trying to keep Luke and Leia entertained while we waited patiently for their mother to get ready. Since our return from our second honeymoon, we have tried to spend as much time with the twins as possible. Now that they are getting a little older, we both agreed it was due time to teach them how to behave in public because; unfortunately, they would always have to live a very unsheltered life. Best to start early, or so we thought.

While I paced about the room impatiently, an action that used to draw my former Master?s ire, I stared down the long, dark hallway as I waited for Padmé to emerge. I snorted to myself as I thought that I got myself and both the twins dressed quicker than it was taking her with Dormé?s help I might add, to get ready. As I turned my attention towards my children, I smiled happily as I saw my little princess entranced at the miniature glass tank that held the small Naboovian puffer fish that Obi-Wan and Sabé bought for her. Meanwhile, Luke was sitting next to her, staring at it intensely.

When I moved away to once again holler the time to the empty hallway, Leia gave her brother a wry look.

?Can I hold the tank?? Luke asked softly.

The little girl scrunched her face as she said dubiously, ?I don?t know. You didn?t say the magic word.?

Luke sighed deeply as he gazed at her now more serious look. ?Can I hold the tank to look at the fish, please??

?I?m not sure if I should.?

?Why not??

??cause.?

??cause why??

Leia noticeably grimaced at him before returning her stare towards her fish. ??Cause he doesn?t like you.?

?No way.?

?Well, it?s true.?

?How do you know that?? he asked with a dubious look.

Leia smirked as she answered, ??Cause he told me.?

?Really??

?Really.?

Luke shrugged his body dramatically as he desperately wanted to look at his sister?s pet more closely. He would have had one of his very own if he had been more careful and not dropped his bag when he was trying to beat Leia onto the Ferris wheel. However, by the time he was able to get more water for his fish, it had already passed on, as his Grandmother put it.

Meanwhile, Leia smiled wryly at her anxious brother. Although it had been a couple of days since he had gotten her in trouble with Uncle Obi-Wan and Sabé, she still hadn?t forgotten about him pinching her. The dark eyed girl was not about to let her twin steal her limelight. After all, she was the cute little princess that never did anything wrong and therefore, Luke must pay. To that end, she had a plan.

Leia knew that they were going out somewhere important when both her father and mother told them that they had to be on their best behavior. She then pulled out several pieces of rock candy that she had ?obtained? back at the carnival on Naboo. The little girl knew that her brother loved them, but if he ate too much he couldn?t sit still to save his life.

It was perfect.

Now flashing her large smile at her twin, Leia said, ?Well, I?ll let you hold my fish

18. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    With that she skipped out, leaving me, her very exhausted father, shaking my head in utter disbelief. I swear these children of ours are going to drive me to the Darkside one day.

*busts out laughing* [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh lord, that was hilarious! An excellent spin on what parents with young children have to go through! Wonderful! :D

Awesome post, Rev!!! Absolutely hilarious! :)

AQ

19. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    boy are those two trouble. such a funny post. i love it how they drive anakin nuts. great job. thanks for the pm!

20. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    With that she skipped out, leaving me, her very exhausted father, shaking my head in utter disbelief. I swear these children of ours are going to drive me to the Darkside one day.

Awww! Poor Anakin, going to all that trouble and then have it amount to nothing. Lovely update! Hyper Luke, scheming Leia... you don't take your kids to the fanciest restraunt in town, though, for this exact reason! I loved every minute of this post, and I can't wait for more!

Thanks for the PM!
    Stormqueen

21. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Leia is the best spunky kid out there, which means poor news for Anakin because she may never grow out of it. :)

Can't wait to see what happens next!

- Rachel

22. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Wow, if they thought Luke was bad, they need to see my twenty-eight year old brother....

But that was hilarious how she dared him to eat the rock candy! I was never able to do that to mine, but I always used big words to tell him off (well, that and algebra).

Lovely chapter! Thanks for the PM!

jazz

23. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    awsome post. poor Leia, having to deal with so many problems, at least she doesn't care about her fish.

i think Ani and PAdme need to think about another honeymoon.

24. JediMasterRev

Dec 2, 2004
    AngelQueen: Oh lord, that was hilarious! An excellent spin on what parents with young children have to go through! Wonderful!

Why thank you very much. Glad you found this amusing.

Awesome post, Rev!!! Absolutely hilarious!

[face_blush] Thank you so much for reading. More coming soon!

Zvalarens: i love it how they drive anakin nuts.

Heh. It is always fun to torment Anakin. Glad you like. Thanks for reading!!

Stormqueen874 Awww! Poor Anakin, going to all that trouble and then have it amount to nothing.

:) Definitely one of the joys of fatherhood.

Lovely update! Hyper Luke, scheming Leia... you don't take your kids to the fanciest restraunt in town, though, for this exact reason!

Thank you so much. Yes, even though the twins are a little bit older, Anakin and Padme have a lot to learn still about parenting.

I loved every minute of this post, and I can't wait for more!

Many thanks to you for reading. More coming soon!

Rb567062: eia is the best spunky kid out there, which means poor news for Anakin because she may never grow out of it.

He may go prematurely grey because of that! ;). Glad you liked. More coming!

Jazz_Skywalker: But that was hilarious how she dared him to eat the rock candy! I was never able to do that to mine, but I always used big words to tell him off (well, that and algebra).

LOL. Sounds like you were similiar to our dear Leia ;).

Thanks for reading. Happy to know you enjoyed!

Melodious: Poor Leia, having to deal with so many problems, at least she doesn't care about her fish.

Yes, it is difficult being a princess, but somebody has to do it ;).

i think Ani and PAdme need to think about another honeymoon.

I think so too ;).

Thanks for reading! More coming soon!

25. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    He hee! I bet giving the kids to Bail and Owen was looking pretty tempting in the small hours of the morning ... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.