main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Jedi For Christmas - A Star Wars Version of the Nutcracker Suite - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Title: A Jedi For Christmas
    Author: JmsBndGrl
    Genre: Romance, Drama, and Alternative Universe
    Characters: Padme, Luke, Leia, Padme and Anakin will be in the story Padme tells in this story.
    Summary: Padme survives childbirth and now is living with her two small children on Naboo. She is alone with her children on Christmas Eve when they demand that she tell them a bedtime story. The bedtime story will be a Star Wars version of ?The Nutcracker Suite.?
    Timeframe: Five years after ROTS
    Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. I?m just borrowing George Lucas?s characters for a bit. I also do not own the story of ?The Nutcracker.?

Now that Thanksgiving is over and we are moving into the Christmas season, I decided to start posting this story. This was actually a plot bunny I had last year, but did not have time to develop it. My story "Always in Motion," will get priority over this since it is almost finished, but this should only be a 4-5 post story, so it won't take long. It will be finished before the holidays.

Padmé glanced outside the windows of her home on Naboo. It was Christmas Eve and snow was falling thick and heavy across the ground. She was all alone in the house except for her two small five year old children. Her rambunctious children were chasing each other with boundless energy. They were excited that tomorrow they could open the presents under the tree that had captured their attention over the last few days.

Both Luke and Leia had spent hours trying to guess what was inside the presents and on a number of occasions Padmé had been forced to scold them for their attempts to peel the colorful paper from the boxes. She even threatened Luke that she would return his gifts if he kept up his bad behavior. Padmé was not sure how she survived the last few days with her two children, some days they acted just like their father.

This thought upset Padmé as she watched her small children run around the house. They were all she had this Christmas. She loved her children dearly, but she felt a void with the absence from the person who should be standing by her side right now.

Knowing she was working herself up, Padmé decided to distract herself from her musings. ?Luke, Leia, bed!? Padmé called out over their gleeful shouts while she locked the doors to the house. She always feared for her little ones safety, but after all she had been through, one couldn?t blame her. She cast a glance out the window once more; drawing her eyes up at the clouds and gave a sad sigh of longing for something she knew she couldn?t have.

?But Mommy, it?s Christmas!? Luke whined. ?Can?t we stay up just this once??

?We?re not tired.? Leia added, shaking her head so her long brown hair tangled in a tousled mess.

Padmé tore her eyes away from the sky and turned back to her small children. Her sadness must have shown on her face for both her children showed equal looks of concern as they both said, ?Mommy, are you all right??

Padmé?s mood lifted at the sight of her young children and her frown dissolved into a soft smile. ?I?m fine my little ones, but it is time for you two to go to bed!?

?But Mommy!? Luke and Leia both whined, jutting their bottom lips into identical pouts.

?No!? Padmé stated firmly, then pointing over her twins? heads she said. ?No arguments. It is time for bed. Get going, I?ll tuck you in.?

Both Luke and Leia grumbled, but they knew better than to argue with their mother. However, they made their displeasure known as they sulkily walked towards their rooms.

?Just like your father.? Padmé whispered to herself, shaking her head with amusement. Once again this thought upset her and she cast another sad glance at the window in her main sitting room. She was only shaken out of her reverie when she heard the familiar sound of a toy box being opened.

?I thought I told you two to go to bed!? Padmé stated sternly as she caught her children rummaging through the toy box in their playroom. The playroo

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh wow, jmsbndgrl, I loved this start, sad but beautiful, it was perfect. And I?m looking forward to see more, and please, if you have a pm list, add me to it, thanks.

3. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    Awww! I like it... very cute, but very sad at the same time [face_love] Can't wait for more!

4. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    AWWWWWWWWW! What an adorable chapter!!!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

It's been an honor to have read your work. =D=

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The kind of start that just sucks you right in. Might I be addeded to the PM list?

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awwww! That was so cute, jmsbndgrl! Luke and Leia and adorable.

I love the Nutcracker Suite. What a great idea to do a SW version! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this! :D

7. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Luke and Leia sound like my daughter. You have nailed a 5yr old's behavior.:)

After dealing with crowds today, this story was the perfect antidote.
    I love how it has started.

Please keep me on your pm list for this Angel Sister.:*

8. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    I love The Nutcracker I've seen the ballet and played the music in my orchestra [face_dancing]!!

Please add me to your PM list when you update this [face_praying]!!

9. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Hee! Even without the link I would of found it but not as fast though
    ;) . Thanks!

I loved it and you had the part with the twins not wanting to go to bed down perfect! While I read I could hear my daughter voice saying the exact same thing and playing me the same way the twins did Padme.

I can't wait for the update!

Being a fellow Angel I believe you already knew to add me to your PM list, right:D ?

10. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Padmé smiled and hugged her children close as she thought of what she was going to tell them. There was only one Jedi love story she knew, and another wave of sadness washed over her with the fact that she would have to tell it alone.

Awww!! This was so sad, but beautiful. [face_love]

A lovely beginning, and I look forward to more! And you nailed the behavior of little children too excited about the holidays to go to bed. [face_laugh]

11. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    It was so sweet, but Padme it's soo sad! can I be added to your Pm list?

12. Anakins_Queen

Anakins_Queen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    It's both sweet and sad. I love the way you blend all the different emotions. =D= Can I please be added to the PM list?

13. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, very sweet indeed. I wonder what happened to Anakin (is it completely AU or with a bit of OT)...hmmm.

I love the Nutcracker as well!

jazz

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Luke and Leia are certainly keeping Padme on her toes
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

If you have a PM list, please add me? [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Star_Angel: Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading.

EquestrianJedi07: Sadness is definitely a theme in my stories lately, and although this one is dark it isn't as dark as "Always in Motion."

Anakin_Heartbreaker: [:D] I'm glad you've been here.

Healer_Leona: You are on the list!

Idrelle_Miocovani: A long time ago I was a ballerina, but I was forced to stop due to some injuries. The Nutcracker was the last ballet I danced in, and is my favorite Christmas story. I have the soundtrack to the ballet and I came up with the idea for this fic after listening to "Pas De Deux".

Amidala66: I have younger cousins that I have spent Christmas with, so I used them for models of Luke and Leia. I remember one year my 2 and 3 year old cousins spent all of Christmas Eve night peeking up the chimmney to check if Santa was there yet.

randomangel22: I danced in the ballet once.

HandmaidenVeme: Of course you are on the PM list, I sent you two already. :p

Gina: Thanks for the kind words.

michaellover: Padme is lonely. :( She does have her two children, but someone is missing.

Anakins_Queen: Glad you enjoyed it.

Jazz_Skywalker: Padme's story will be a stylized version of her and Anakin's story, so you will find out what happened to him.

KELIA: It's a good thing Padme loves her children. ;)

To Everybody: Just to clarify, the next part is the start of Padme's story, and we will continue with it in the next few posts. We will move back to Luke, Leia, and Padme when the story is over. The next post probably won't be up until the weekend. I'll be sending PMs out in a moment. Let me know if I miss your name.

Once upon a time on Naboo, there lived a young Queen named Amidala. She was a strong ruler and duty bound to her people. However, this story is not about the way she ruled her people, but about the greatest love of her life. This story begins on Christmas Eve at the Naberrie household, the Queen?s family home.

Fourteen year-old Padmé, Queen Amidala, was taking a brief respite from her royal duties to share in the holidays with her family. However, what would originally have been an intimate family gathering became a large holiday party once word spread that the young Queen would be there. As a result, the Naberries found themselves celebrating the holiday with the elite of Naboo.

Instead of relaxing and playing merrily with her family, Padmé was seated in a chair set to one side of the room in full royal regalia. She wore the traditional Nubian makeup of white face paint with a red circle on each cheek and a scar of remembrance running down her lower lip. Her hair was pinned up in an elegant golden headpiece that did not allow any of her heavy curls to cascade freely down her red dress. The dress was a very stiff and heavy material, trimmed in gold. Had only her family been here, she would be in a much simpler outfit and be taking part in the festivities, but this was not possible since she was playing her role as Naboo?s sovereign. The only upside to the cumbersome outfit was that it kept Padmé warm as a cold breeze filtered in from the outside as guests entered and exited the Naberrie home. Beside her, Padmé?s handmaidens shivered slightly in their lighter weight clothes.

Once formal introductions of all assembled guests were complete, Padmé sat back in her chair and observed the crowd before her. The older guests were waltzing as an orchestra played old Nubian songs and young children played with toys they had received. Padmé smiled at a group of girls who were playing with a doll, remembering that just a year ago she had done the same thing. However, a year ago she had not been Queen. She no longer had the luxury of being a child when she had a planetary system to rule. Being Queen meant that one had to leave childhood behind, and grow up.

However, as Padmé turned her attention to a group of waltzing adults, she could not see he

16. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    awwww, Palpy gave her an Anakin!! how come I never got one of those??
    now, there's something evil about this, I'm sure, but what is Palpy planning??

17. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    what a poignant tale so far: Padme feels out of place because she is no longer a child but wants to be treated like one.

Beware of Palpy bearing gifts!!! Why do I think that it wasn't an innocent gift?

nice job and thanks for the pm :*

18. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    I feel for Padme not being able to be a child or an adult I'm still stuck in that situation :p.

Palps gave an Anakin doll to Padme :eek:???

How come I didn't get the order form to get one I want one too [face_mischief]!!

Excellent update and thanks for the PM =D=!!

19. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Palpatine is Godfather Drosselmeyer...now I know why Godfather Drosselmeyer always freaked me out as a child!!

I have an Anakin doll! I'm hoping mine will grow and come to life as well
    ;)

(Have you seen the Darth Vader nutcracker?)

20. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I got no PM! :_| [face_not_talking]

Well, I'm still going to read this, whether you PM or not!!!! :p ;)

Great post. :)

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I love the idea of a Jedi Nutcracker. :D :D Too bad anything given by Palpatine is something to be suspicious of at all times. :(

Lovely post.

22. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    Eeck! I thought I had sent you one! Of all the PMs for me to miss! :( Sorry about that. [:D]

I blame Obi-Wan, it's all his fault! :p

23. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Beware of Palpys bearing gifts. Although, I think he could have a nice side business selling Anakin nutcrackers to all the fangirls. I would love to have a few myself. [face_batting] Hey, even evil Sith Lords could use extra credits around the holidays. :p

Instead of relaxing and playing merrily with her family, Padmé was seated in a chair set to one side of the room in full royal regalia. She wore the traditional Nubian makeup of white face paint with a red circle on each cheek and a scar of remembrance running down her lower lip. Her hair was pinned up in an elegant golden headpiece that did not allow any of her heavy curls to cascade freely down her red dress. The dress was a very stiff and heavy material, trimmed in gold. Had only her family been here, she would be in a much simpler outfit and be taking part in the festivities, but this was not possible since she was playing her role as Naboo?s sovereign.

I thought this was especially poignant. So easy to forget that even though she was a mature ruler and strong woman, Padme was still a young girl. A young girl who had to grow up too quickly.

Just lovely! And could you add me to the PM list, please? :)

24. EquestrianJedi07

EquestrianJedi07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2006
    Seriously, Palpy... where's my Anakin doll? :p

Great job... thanks for the PM! :D

25. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    That was amazing jmsbndgrl, I loved the idea. And I want one of those dolls.

Thanks for the pm and I'm looking forward to read more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.