A Jedi Knight Survey!

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by jedidraracle, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidraracle Jedi Padawan

I have been watching this site for a long time. And I see many great statements said; question asked and good answer in return. However there is one thing missing, one question that has not been asked. How many of you dream of being a real Jedi Knight? And on that question i'd like to take a survey; only three questions.

1) What would you do; how far would you go to become a Jedi Knight?

2) What special traits and talents do you have that you think would contribute to you being a great Jedi Knight?

3) What does being a Jedi Knight mean to you?
  2. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Welcome to the asylum.

*hands out complimentry straight jacket and broken tv remote.

*were watching The Star Wars Holiday Special and you'll like or not.

Not far at all. I'm all Sith.

2) What special traits and talents do you have that you think would contribute to you being a great Sith Knight?

Twisted sense of humor and evil. I'm a master of tactics and chaos.

3) What does being a Sith Knight mean to you?

using my powers for evil instead of good. bending the good of this world to mine own twisted agenda.
  3. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've been discussing Jediism as a realistic religion in another forum.

To that end:

I would go pretty far. I am always striving to be a better person. That is the root of the Jedi.

2) What special traits and talents do you have that you think would contribute to you being a great Jedi Knight?
    I'm very patient, reasonable, and peaceful.

Being the best that you can be as an individual. To treat others as you feel you should be treated. To help others. To find inner peace.
  4. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "I'm very patient, reasonable, and peaceful."

Don't buy the hype kids.

Kessel once choked me out for saying Harry Potter sucks eggs and mayo.

all I can say is the guys got some moves, he must watch WWE.

I'd never have thought the figure four leg lock would hurt so bad,
  5. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    My screen name says it all.
  6. TK-855 Jedi Knight

star 1

Do I dream of being a Jedi Knight?
    Silly question. Stylish robes, cool powers, nifty collimated plasma sword ... I'm there. On the other hand, I killed Rosh Penin just to see what would happen, and generally max out Force Lightning on my first three missions in Jedi Academy.

What would you do; how far would you go to become a Jedi Knight?

I draw the line at joining cults, religious orders, and participating in arcane initiation ceremonies.

However, I am an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church, and am not averse to performing a Jedi-themed wedding if the participants are entering into a serious committment.

What special traits and talents do you have that you think would contribute to you being a great Jedi Knight?

I believe I'm reasonably fair and impartial. I would much rather seek a peaceful solution than engage in conflict, but understand there is a time to fight.

On the downside, I definitely have a temper. If the Force was real, with all its attendant powers, I probably would have failed my Knight's Trials.

What does being a Jedi Knight mean to you?

I believe in offering help, but understand there are times where others must be allowed to fail or discover essential truths for themselves and in their own way.

I also believe that sometimes, you just have to let life happen as it will. There are many things in this world that are beyond our control, and trying to get it your way all the time is a ticket to the Dark Side. Exist in harmony with the world, or at least try to recognize your role in conflict and stress. It is rare than someone is out there to deliberately rain on your parade. (And if they are, and you may safely do so, just ignore them.)

Bob
  7. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    **Waiting for a response from Kessel
  8. Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think Poolio is referring to my evil twin. Y'see I have an evil twin. An alter-ego if you will. His name is mine. His birthday is mine, but he is not of this land. His will is that of an evil invader, co-opting our identities to do their will and lay blame on the innocent.

I've never watched WWE or WWF a day in my life.
  9. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    These sounds like interview questions. lol

I'd sell my soul to George Lucas. :p

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. ;)

I get a cool sword and jump really high and stuff! :)

But seriously...
    Jedidraracle... I recall your name from a post in the SJ Fan Force forum that was taken down almost immediately. I'll tell you that I personally believe in the Force, however if you going to spread your "A new hope for the Jedi"/"You can be a Jedi at our academy" here, then you may want to go home and re-think your life. Your question maybe seriously asked and there's no doubt we can all follow Jedi philosophy in our own lives but there is no Jedi Order on this planet (Earth btw) that have the Force to back up what it means to be a Jedi with their full capabilities/powers.

If you wanna talk about Jedi philosophy that's awesome and I'm so game, but if this series of questions is leading toward starting some Jedi/Jovah witness like religion where people are knocking at your door asking "Have you found the Force today?" then I suggest stopping right now. The Force is something that's found in your heart, mind, and spirit. It's felt not just randomly proclaimed as real because of a movie (as cool as it is though!). Whatever you believe, then to you that is the truth, from a certain point of view. May the Force be with you.

Sorry Rogues, you may not understand why I'm writing this unless you know what post I'm refering too.
  10. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Lets see.....jedidraracle has exactly three posts wasn't hard to figure it out.

have to admit not sure what he/she/they are after but...hang on a second guys someone's at the door.

"yes"

"Hi! Do you believe and feel the force all around you?

"Only in my pants."

"huh?"

"So what do you want?"

"Were from the jedi Temple over on Lexinton and Yavin, and we'd like to give you this booklet."

"how to deal with rectal itching? he what the?!"

"Oh sorry wrong one, take this one."

"Join Jedi Order. uh no thanks I'm Born again Sith."

"But we're going to have punch and pie."

"What kind of pie?"

"My Moms pie."

"really you guys are a strange bunch. do you have a picture of your mom handy?"

"No why?"

"Nevermind, you clearly missed the fly by on that one Maverick."

*force pushes them away and closes door.
  11. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
  12. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks Ming. I was going to get this thread locked if this person started in on trying to get people to join his "Academy". If you want to talk philosophy, come to one of our meetings. If you're just trying to get people to join your cult, you're in the wrong group.

Rogues, lock S-foils into attack position but wait for my command.
  13. ShaddowHunter Jedi Youngling

star 1
    No worries Ming. I know of the thread you speak of, and am aware of Jedidraracle and its other names.
  14. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ummm hello, this is earth calling. Come back to the real world.

I can scratch my groin and and chew gum at the same time.

In the Star Wars Universe (Not a REAL ONE mind you) you must have strenght, high counts of midi-chlorians, peace, thurst for knowledge, the want to help the weak and oppressed, and be a virgin. ;)

So, sorry, that last qualification cancels me. ;)

Hey Dead - isn't there a small town somewhere in Utah or Arizona where they speak Kliengon (sp) or however you say it?
  15. TK-855 Jedi Knight

star 1

In the absence of knowing any previous history, I gave honest answers to the questions. However, you might have noticed that when people start talking about 'real life' Jedi, I get suspicious.

I may be a Star Wars fan, but that doesn't mean I believe the Force is real (at least, not to the point of someone being able to consciously harness said energies and/or teach such disciplines to others).

As I said, I draw the line at joining cults, religious orders, and arcane initiation ceremonies.

If that was the purpose of your questionnaire, jedidracracle, then I think it's best that you move on. If you want to be a Jedi, more power to you. If you want to rope people in and start some kind of religious order, you'd better run out and get a six-pack of reality soda.

It doesn't matter how many times you write 'JEDI' as your religious affiliation on census forms, voter registrations, driver's license applications, and other government documents. It won't be formally recognized.

I suspect that Mr. Lucas and the folks at Lucasfilms Ltd. would have a few choice words to say about any 'real-world' use of the terms Jedi, Force, and any of the structure therein (Padawan Learners, Jedi Academy, Knight's Trials), namely: cease and desist.

Move along.

16. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    In the efforts of peace-keeping, this thread will be locked down.
  17. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    ya see I have my own cult, but to be in it you have to be female and a ninja.

but ya don't see me recruiting round these parts. LDV tried to join...and I have to say trying to burn the image of him in that french maid outfit out of mind is proving quite difficult.

curse you and those fish nets with high heels!!
  18. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Locking this per the request of the CR.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.