main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Jedi Must Not Know (Obi/Sabe Romance) - The Conclusion - Oct. 15th and Special Annoucement!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ForceAchtungBaby, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Obi Wan placed her hand on his chest and pressed it firmly on top of the folds of his Jedi garb, leaving it there until she could feel his heart beating faster and faster. "You're right here," he said softly - :( :( :( Got through a box of tissues reading that. How can you part them?

Anakin will be a Jedi. I promised." - Love this take on Qui-Gon's line from PM.

What has Obi-Wan remembered? Looking forward to finding out!

FAB has very kindly sent me the next instalment which I shall post on Sunday.

2. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    That was very sweet, I love how you can bring out so incredible intense emotions with just a couple of words. I think I, too, will do the traditional *thud*

And, as it is the 6th of August - let the 1 year celebration begin! Happy birthday, dear story and dear author. *Hands FAB a stunning Obi as a present*

3. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Happy Anniversary!!! :)

4. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Latest instalment from FAB! :)

Part 44

He had heard his master was back at the temple. Uncharacteristically, Qui Gon had not come to see him upon his return, instead going straight to the Jedi Council. Obi Wan was impatient to see his master. He had hoped Qui Gon would come to see him as soon as he returned. His Master's mission on Oberon had been a long one. It had been some time since they had spoken and even longer since they had seen each other. Even though Obi Wan didn't want to admit it, it pained him to realize his Master went to the council first.

Obi Wan started an easy sprint through the Jedi Temple, slowing up occasionally when he would sense a Jedi Master close by. All he needed was to be reprimanded for running through the Temple. Finally he made his way outside the council's meeting room and paused to control his breathing before proceeding.

He was startled to see a little wisp of a girl. She was dressed in white with long brown hair that cascaded down her back and she had the most beautiful dark eyes Obi Wan had ever seen. She was young, he guessed her age at 6 or 7. The way she was curled up on the couch made her look even smaller than she probably was.

Obi Wan walked over to her and sat down quietly so as not to startle her. He couldn't help but wonder if she had come with Qui Gon. He certainly had a habit for picking up stow-a-ways on his missions.

"Hello there."

"Hello, who are you?," she chirpped.

"My name is Obi Wan Kenobi."

"You're Master Qui Gon's pad-e-win," she said, stumbling over the word.

"Padawan, yes," Obi Wan replied, enchanted by the little girl's beaming eyes. He smiled back at her and then asked, "Do you know my Master?"

"Yes, he's my Atol."

"Your Atol?" Obi Wan said, arching his brow in consternation.

"My guardian. My parents," she stammered......and then threw herself into Obi Wan's arms before continuing. "My parents died."

"I'm sorry," Obi Wan said softly, brushing her hair and sending a tiny wave of the force to her and then quickly stopped. "Hey," he asked, nudging her slightly causing the little girl to unbury her head from his chest. "So, what's your name?"

"Samira," she sniffled.

"That's a pretty name. Is there more to your name than that?"

"Samira Quijinnea Adair."

"Sounds a bit like Qui," Obi started and then hesitated.

Samira's long lashes fluttered in unadulterated adoration. "We are given our middle names after our parents choose our Atol. Master Qui Gon is mine and so I was named for him."

"Oh, you're from Oberon then."

"Yes. And my Atol told me all about you too?" she beamed, her feet now swinging back in forth.

"Really?" an amused Obi Wan said. "And, what," he asked, tickling her slightly on her elbow, "Did Master tell you about me?"

"That you're full of the living force, talented and that he loves you like a son."

Obi Wan could feel a tear beginning to form in the corner of his left eye. Bridling his emotions back, he forced the liquid to cease its exit onto his face.

"Is that all," Obi Wan said, his voice breaking a bit - an odd mix of adolescence and emotion causing it to heighten in pitch.

"Well," Samira said, dipping her face down for a second and then looking back up at Obi Wan. "The rest is a secret."

"Oh...well, can't tell those can we?" Obi Wan smiled.

"No," Samira beamed back at him.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Obi Wan opened his eyes and saw Sabe looking tenderly into his eyes. He touched her check lightly as she leaned farther into his touch.

"I had forgotten that," Obi Wan said first.

"Don't feel alone," Sabe laughed. "I don't understand how we both forgot all that though. I didn't remember any of it until right before Qui Gon died."

"I can't hardly believe he would have done it," Obi Wan said with a sigh, shaking his head slightly, "But he must have used the force to wipe that from our memories."

"Why? I don't understand. Why would he make me forget him,

5. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Obi-Wan and Sabé knew each other when they were younger :eek: Just makes their seperation more sad, and yet more powerful at the same time.

FAB, Europe :eek: Have a fun time there, I did way back in 10th grade, although it was only for a week.

~aeryn

6. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Sniff sniff...so sad! And now quigy's all gone too... I like the using him for her middle name idea!

7. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    how dare you make me sniffle!!! how dare you!!!

and obi sooo sweet can make me thud... but since you made me sniffle no thud for you!

8. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Met FAB in London yesterday. She is having a brilliant time and was pleased that you had enjoyed the latest instalment! :)

9. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Hey FAB! Hope you're having a wonderful trip!

I really liked the portrayal of Obi-Wan in the flashback. Very much the happier, lighter young man he was in TPM -- kind, smiling, and witty. :D (You know, before he gets all tired and grumpy from training Anakin. :p [face_laugh]) I thought his interaction with the young Samira was just perfect.

And then you come along and have a sad ending to the post. :mad:

Hmm. I wonder where we go from here.... ;)

10. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Sob!!!!! Beautiful first meeting between them. Could just see Sabe sitting there swinging her legs back and forth. LOL at Obi?s progress through the Temple. That you're full of the living force, talented and that he loves you like a son." ? That memory will mean all the more to Obi-Wan now. "Well," Samira said, dipping her face down for a second and then looking back up at Obi Wan ? That seems to be a habit that Samira kept. What happens next?!!!!!!! More soon please!!!

11. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Hey all! I'm back from Europe!!!
    Had such a wonderful time!!! Nice to see you all saw the update while I was away - see, I do take care of you all even while I'm on vacation!
    Kyiv was absolutely a stunning city - this perfect mix of the old world and new. London was so cool. As Sabe said, we got to meet up and we had a utterly brillant time together chatting at the Tower of London and out at dinner!

12. Cicci

Jul 16, 2002
    It's good to have you back, and I'm glad you had a great time in Europe.

Sorry for not reviewing earlier, went on a mini-vacation.

I loved this part, the flashback was very well done.

Obi Wan could feel a tear beginning to form in the corner of his left eye. Bridling his emotions back, he forced the liquid to cease its exit onto his face.

I just love that sentence! Have I told you what a marvelous writer you are?

13. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Well...there should be pictures from London and Kiev but stupid server....I'll have to see if I can upload them somewhere else. Anyone know of a free server I can use to upload them for you all to see?

14. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    bobill - Obi and Sabe knew each other when they were little - how was that for a twist?

TJ - Yes, I did get to see your thud before I went off to Europe! To make you thud always makes me happy!

Lex - okay, I trust you. Even though you are tormenting Obi and Sabe, and even though you are trickling out these hints painfully slowly, I still trust you - Just keep trusting FABsie and we'll get there together.

Sabe126 - Got through a box of tissues reading that. How can you part them? It hurts me more than it does all of you to do what I've set out to do to these characters. Believe me, writing an alternative ending is looking more and more enjoyable. And thanks for posting the installment for me while I was gone!

Cicci - I love how you can bring out so incredible intense emotions with just a couple of words [face_blush]. Thanks for the singing - was quite lovely!

Aeryn_Sun - Europe was amazing - I miss it already! In the movie "Sabrina" there is a quote "I found myself in Paris." Well, I think I found myself somewhere between Kiev and London.

bobill - Glad someone caught the idea with Samira's middle name ;)

TJ - how dare you make me sniffle!!! how dare you!!! and obi sooo sweet can make me thud... but since you made me sniffle no thud for you! Sends Obi over to wipe away your sniffles.

Lex - I had a wonderful time, thanks. Glad you enjoyed the flashback...I have to admit I like writing them. And, yes, young Obi is a bit more cheerful.

Sabe - That seems to be a habit that Samira kept. Yes, that she did! ;)

Cicci- Have I told you what a marvelous writer you are? Not recently dear - thanks!!!!

15. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Dedicated to Sabe126

Part 45

Obi Wan watched Sabe sleeping soundly in his arms. If he hadn't helped her drift off to sleep he knew she would have still been very much awake. And she still very much needed to rest. They both did. But, Obi Wan couldn't. There was too much, far too much on his mind, on his heart and most definitely within his arms.

Even now, days after making his decision to train Anakin, knowing it was the right decision, the only decision, he still couldn't reconcile the overwhelming sense of guilt over leaving Sabe.

It seemed strangely ironic Qui Gon had kept them apart in life, brought them back together only to part them again in death. Obi Wan tightened his arms around Sabe and rested his chin on her hair as it billowed out on the pillows. He used to nestle his arms around her and pray that she wasn't a dream. That this wonderful woman in his arms wasn't some conjured hallucination and now he prayed that somehow she was just a dream or at least that leaving having to leave her was just a dream.

He understood now. He understood what his master had said to him. Even Sabe didn't know and he would never tell her. As he felt Qui Gon's life force slip from his body he heard his master speak to him from somewhere between the corporeal realm and the force.

He spoke simply "I'm sorry." Obi Wan had heard it over and over again. Each declarative sentence becoming softer and more faint, fading with each dying heartbeat until a single beat and a single word was heard, "Samira." And then nothing, Qui Gon was gone.

Sabe, Obi Wan mouthed voiceless, the feel of her name on his lips as intoxicating as the feel of his lips on hers. And in the darkness his lips finally found their way to hers.

16. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    darn you for making me sniffle again!!!!!!!!!!

great post though... really... *sniff*... really romantic and... *sniff*... darn it can i have one?!

17. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for the dedication! :)

I agree with TJ that was so sad! :( Poor Obi-Wan and Sabe. That was a very moving description of a quiet moment between them. For a moment I thought that Qui-Gon had been saying sorry to Obi-Wan but he was actually refering to Sabe, another twist!

More soon?

18. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Why? :_| Why must you make them so sad? :_|

What a heart-wrenching post. I can feel Obi-Wan suffering, and his memories of Qui-Gon are just making him feel worse. :(

Very well done -- even though it's so depressing... ;) :D

19. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Oh God I'm gonna cry. Wonderful sad post, it is ironic that Qui Gon brought them together in death.
    Only now they have to stick together. Yet another wonderful post

20. Cicci

Jul 16, 2002
    That this wonderful woman in his arms wasn't some conjured hallucination and now he prayed that somehow she was just a dream or at least that leaving having to leave her was just a dream.

It's so ironic it's heartbreaking. Really, you should include some kind of warning with these kind of posts, I have a feeling I'm going to feel sad the rest of the day because of this.

As always, dear, a wonderful post!

21. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I haven't visited the classic board in a long time, but I feel really bad for Obi-Wan and Sab¨¦. I don't want them to be seperared.

~aeryn

22. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    TJ - Sorry for making you sniffle dear....but, I promise to make it up to you very soon! And, yeah, I want an Obi Wan too 8-} [face_love]

Sabe - Awhhh...a twist here and there is go for you all ;)

Darth_Lex - I don't know why I make them so sad...honestly, I don't.... [face_devil] Maybe one day I'll write a happy story.

Hananiah - Hi sweetie! Nice to see you around again. Hands you a tissue...sorry, I seem to have given everyone the sniffles.

Cicc - Oh...no...not you too! Hands you tissues...take a seat with everyone else, dear.

Aeryn - Nice to see you around again...I don't really want to seperate them either...but I must.

New post should be up tonight gang! As always thanks for reading.

Now I am shamelessly trying to get this post bumped to the next page! I may have to do some Obi Wan drooling to accomplish it!
    8-} [face_love] 8-} [face_love] 8-}

Which obviously didn't really work! :mad:

Oh, well...onto the next post. I think you will all like it [face_love] and hopefully it doesn't make my one male reader gag too much.

23. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Part 46

Sabe's eyes fluttered open and within moments of waking her arms were wrapped tightly around Obi Wan's back, pressing him closely to her. A muffled moan escaped from her lips as caresses became more desperate.

The first vestiges of morning light were beginning to drown out the darkness of night - bathing them in brightness, as the warmth of morning caressing them both softly.

Obi Wan pulled away, first breathless and then controlled. Sabe lay flushed beneath him her checks looking as rays of morning light had tinged them slightly a soft pink.

Obi Wan smiled at her and kissed her nose lightly, "I'm sorry I woke you." He began to stroke her check softly.

Sabe smiled up at him and giggled lightly. "That," she said, touching his chin and finding the cleft, "was a wonderful way to wake up."

"It was?" He replied playfully.

Sabe arched an eyebrow at him and replied "You even need to ask."

"Well, I wouldn't want you to think of me as an arrogant young Jedi," he said, enjoying the amused look the that had crept upon Sabe's face immensely.

"You should be more confident in your abilities," Sabe said, kissing his chin, pulling away and adding with a smirk, "Master Obi Wan."

Obi smiled at her and then responded seriously. "It still sounds so odd to be called Master."

"Hmmm... I suppose it would," Sabe replied thoughtfully, nestling her head into Obi' Wan's chest. She deftly worked her hand inside his tunic and began to stroke his chest free from the interference of clothing.

She giggled and then buried her head into his chest to somewhat muffle the sound until she could contain the laugher.

"What?" Obi Wan asked, nudging her upwards with his chest, "What, may I ask handmaiden is so very funny?"

"Nothing," Sabe responded quickly and buried her head back into his chest.

Obi Wan nudged her up again and waved his finger at her, "Don't, make me use the Jedi mind trick on you."

"You wouldn't," Sabe replied.

"You forget as a Master I'm not prohibited from using it anymore." He punctuated his statement by tickling her side lightly causing her laughter to fill the room again. "Ummm...although maybe I have found other ways to get information out of you."

"Stop," Sabe begged, squirming beneath him and trying to move his hands away from her.

"Tell, me," he said, holding her hands down to her sides. "No secrets between us."

"Okay," Sabe nodded. "Let go of me." He obliged and settled his head on Sabe's stomach. She began to play with his hair and then spoke. "I was just wondering. Do you always wear your Jedi tunic." Obi Wan had to use all his Jedi control to not laugh at her, she looked so adorable. Before he had a chance to answer she continued. "I mean this is the second time I've spent the night with you and."

"Third," Obi wan interrupted.

"Oh," Sabe blushed as he looked up at her. She had forgotten about the night on Tatooine. "I mean the second time I've spent the night in your room and both times you've worn your tunic. Can't the Order afford to buy you bedclothes?"

Obi Wan couldn't help but laugh now. "I could ask the same of the Queen."

"Obi Wan," Sabe said, batting him playfully on the head. "I have to sneak here it's not like I can wear a nightgown.

"So," Obi Wan asked as a mischievous smile came over his face. "What does your nightgown look like.

"Nope, I'm not going to tell you," Sabe replied, folding her hands on her chest and shaking her head. "I asked you first."

Obi Wan looked deep into her eyes and said "I don't have any bed clothes."

"Then what do you sleep in?" Sabe asked naively.

Obi Wan cleared his throat and winked at her in answer.

"Oh," Sabe said quickly, blushing at the implication and then blushing even more at the image she had to force from her mind."

Obi Wan laughed, "That was not very ladylike handmaiden."

Sabe smacked his arm. "You read my mind, Obi Wan. That's no fair."

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again," he said as he kissed her check softly. "Oh, and love," he stopped and continued the trail of k

24. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Awwwwwww. [face_love]

Poor Sabe, outgunned by all of Obi's little mind games. [face_laugh]

You write these happy moments so well, even with all the outside pressures pushing on them now.

It makes me dread the next post, for surely things will come crashing down soon... :(

25. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Awww LOL!!!!! That was so sweet and very moving as their time together is ebbing away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.