main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Jedi Restored (First Day Fic Challenge) New Version posted!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SabyneAmberle, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    I took the idea of a first day and gave it an interesting spin. In my fic (apologies in advance for length, I got a bit carried away) my OC Sabyne is returning to Dantooine for the first time in five years. If it seems a bit rough, it's because it's from her viewpoint. In her opinion, it's better to say what needs to be said than to be eloquent and hide details. Enjoy!!

(EDIT: I updated my fic, so I'm updating my thread.)

?Dantooine?? I tense as I hear Bastila say the name. It isn?t something I can help; anymore it?s more of a reflex. Every time I hear the name of the planet that is home to the Jedi Academy, I catch myself. I get really tense, however, when someone mentions Coruscant and the High Jedi Council.

?It seems a lifetime since I last set foot on her surface, though in reality it?s only been a few months?? At this point, I have to leave the Ebon Hawk?s cockpit, lest she hear me laughing. A few months?? Ha! It?s been nearly five years since I was last on Dantooine! Five years in which I was supposed to forget having any association with the Jedi. Five years of my life, permanently changed, all because the High Council did not believe me.

I look around the ship?s main hold, but I find that I?m alone. After our ordeal on Taris, the rest of my companions are probably resting. Sleep has been difficult for me these past months for whatever reason. Not since I was captured on Corellia, and held for interrogation by one Carth Onasi, have I dreaded sleep this much.

Hearing footsteps, I look up from where I stand. Sometimes I wonder if the Force allows me to see the future, as Carth walks by on his way to the men?s quarters. He gives me a confident grin, which I return with a salutatory nod and smile. ?Going to get some rest?? I ask. The old discord we once shared has all but evaporated, leaving us with a mutual, if not slightly uneasy, respect for one another.

He nods. ?Yeah. With what we all just went through, we all could use it. The ship?s on Autopilot, so we shouldn?t run into any trouble before reaching Dantooine.?

He looks around, as though searching for someone. ?Have you seen Mission?? he asks.

I shake my head. ?Not since we took off, though I imagine she?s taking Taris? destruction harder than any of us.?

We share an understanding look. The Twi?lek girl had grown on both of us, and seeing her grieve for her home was difficult to take.

I take this instant to study Carth, my eyes taking in every detail of his face that they can. I remember how he had announced in our hideout in Taris? Upper City that he would be watching both Raiyne and myself, that he didn?t trust us after how Admiral Karath betrayed him. As we talked about it later, Raiyne didn?t seem to mind Carth?s lack of trust, but I bristled over it. After all, I always believed that, when one?s part of a team, you have to learn to trust the others, regardless of past circumstances or issues. I guess I still have a lot to learn about working with others if I?m that naïve.

I must be staring at him too intently, for he clears his throat. ?Are?are you all right, Sabyne?? he asks.

I quickly gather my thoughts and nod. ?Yes?yes I am.? I say. ?I was just lost in thought, as always.? I flash a smile that is supposed to be reassuring. At least, I hope it is. ?I should let you get some rest. Sleep well, Carth?

He shoots me another handsome smile in return. He certainly knows how to turn on the charm when it befits him. ?All right. Sleep well yourself, beautiful.? He replies before disappearing around the corner leading to the men?s barracks.

Beautiful. Whether he means it or not, I like the way it sounds. I may not be particularly feminine, but somehow a compliment like that is enough to shake me somewhat. I guess I?m not too different from Tierslae after all. Being a diplomat, my sister is used to the fawning and flattery bestowed upon her by men who seek her influence. Yet she knows it?s nothing more than a

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This was great! :)

I'm definitely curious to read more about these characters.

3. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Thank you. It was quite fun to write. If you want to read another story with these characters, the link's in my sig.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Fascinating SabyneAmerle, I'd been quite shocked at the sudden expulsion over rumors till reading that the Council had been corrupt. A very enjoyable read! :)

5. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    I posted a rewritten version of this story, so I'm upping it.

6. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Hmm, very interesting. I cant belive the council could fall to corruption!

7. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    as usual, very well done! nice to see i can always count on you for some fun kotor stuff to read!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.