main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Jedi Shall Not Know Love - (Obi-Wan/Siri, pre-AOTC) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    What a beautiful dance, but so emotionally trying...oh...where are the tissues?! :_| That bit where Obi-Wan hoped he could grow old and gray with Siri next to him--that really got me.

I just realized, who am I to call anyone old? In two weeks, I hit the big 2-0!! :eek: :p

2. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    :_|

My friends call me an ice princess because I never cry.
    How is it that you can make me do it?

~ The Captain

3. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    :eek: :( :_|
    Beautiful Red. Just beautiful.

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I am speechless. Absolutely superb....

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Sorry I wasn't able to reply yesterday, but I had to quickly dive into froggy's well iced pond. You could give a girl a heart attack with that one.

This is a truly beautiful story.

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh this is an incredible posting. I thought I have read some very romantic stuff before, but this tops everything. This makes me cry, its so romantic.

You should write a huge romantic novel.

I also like how you put the timeing of this posting so close to ATOC.

I can't wait for the next posting, but at the same time a little sad to see it ending.

7. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Froggy?Wahhhhhhhhhh!!! You are just utterly driving me to distraction with this one. ?? Still? How many times have you read it? You were my beta after all. [face_blush] Thank you.

obi ew?You do realize that now when I read WK, I'm going to look at it in a whole new light ? ?? You!?! What about me? I was very apprehensive with pushing forward on this evil plot bunny until I was finished with WK. Just think of it like this: Pretend WK happens first and then ?Love?. On top of that, I don?t think WK or Rem will ever live up to this story. [face_plain]

JadeSolo? What a beautiful dance, but so emotionally trying...oh...where are the tissues?! That bit where Obi-Wan hoped he could grow old and gray with Siri next to him--that really got me. ?? Maybe I should have tacked at tissue warning on that post. Sorry about that.

Captain Observant? My friends call me an ice princess because I never cry. How is it that you can make me do it? ?? Uh oh. I melted a reader for reasons other than sweaty, shirtless Obi-Wan. [face_shocked]

ca tron?Beautiful Red . Just beautifu ?? Thanks.

dianethx?I am speechless. Absolutely superb.... ?? Thank you. 8-}

PadawanKitara? Sorry I wasn't able to reply yesterday, but I had to quickly dive into froggy's well iced pond. You could give a girl a heart attack with that one. ?? Ooops! At least Froggy was kind enough to chill the pond for everyone.

CrystalKenobi? Oh this is an incredible posting. I thought I have read some very romantic stuff before, but this tops everything. This makes me cry, its so romantic. ?? Thank you. [face_blush] I am glad you feel that way, I was very worried as this was the first true romance story I have ever written or dealt with.

Thank you, everyone. :)

8. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Exhale

The deadliest foe to a Jedi is distraction.

The churned reddish-brown soil of Ternak Minor threatened to swallow the Jedi with every step. Obi-Wan Kenobi pushed through the dirt, his scuffed boots sinking deeper as he closed the space between he and the command transport.

The large, low-wheeled craft had been mired in the churned remains of a road that had been hammered with cannon blasts destroying the smooth surface. A team of Clonetroopers fought to free it of the sinkhole that was devouring the gunmetal gray tank. The mounted cannon helplessly aimed skyward. Useless.

Droplets of water fell from the gray, overcast sky, lightly freckling everything. Dampening the dust enough to make it stick to everything, yet not enough to wash it away.

Pressing mud caked hands to the cool steel; Obi-Wan tried to push alongside the other armored figures. When the growling beast of a machine sprayed damp dirt back on its help, the Jedi broke free, retreating from the mess.

Looking up over the tank where the captain with his red insignia branded armor called orders out, Obi-Wan barked, ?We either get this moving now or we abandon it!?

?That is not advisable,? the captain called back over the roar of the engine.

The Force argued and Obi-Wan knew they were sitting targets at the base of the small valley.

?It is a trap!? the Jedi called out just as the first in a volley of bright orange blasts exploded around the small unit. Pain filled cries rang out as the Clonetroopers were struck down.

Just as Obi-Wan was about to call out to the men struggling with the tank, a cannon blast rocked the terrain quickly followed by another, making the warning moot. Dirt, debris and bodies flew through the air. The Jedi crashed to the hard soil, air exploding from his lungs as he rolled over the sloping ground.

Icy splashes of water stung the skin of his scraped cheek as the blunt trauma of impact bled from his mind. Explosions thundered through the air, as orange streaks cut through the black haze that was rising up from the demolished remains of the tank.

Spitting the grit of dirt and blood out, he pushed himself to his hands and knees.

?Master!? his apprentice?s voice called out in alarm.

?Anakin,? he whispered as he clawed his way back to a standing position. A ringing filled his ears but he was not sure if it was from the tank blast or the constant shower of blaster bolts that flashed through the smoky air.

The standing troopers moved about, finding shelter where they could and returned fire. The smoking, charred forms of blown apart white armored figures littered the reddish-brown soil. Under the sound of explosions, a multitude of pained groans filled the electrified air.

With lightning quick reflexes, Obi-Wan took his lightsaber in hand, the blue blade bursting to life as he easily deflected several bolts that came too close. He moved toward the mobile communications unit where the battered captain was calling orders, his armor scorched black from the explosion, and streaked with other, less savory, substances. Anakin arrived at the same time defending against the bolts targeting them.

The apprentice growled through gritted teeth, ?They knew we were heading this way! How?? His dark cloak singed and ragged as he swiftly pulled it free, allowing the material to fall to the damp ground. It was only in his way right now.

The ground shook, forcing Obi-Wan to struggle to maintain his balance. The chill of the increasing rainfall was cutting through his tunic, adding stiffness to his bruises.

Along the ridges at the top of the valley, shadows moved disfigured by the wall of gray water that was falling and seeping into the ground. The churned up mud made the soil slick and the battle all the more difficult. Running figures slipped and fell, only a few rising again.

?Concern yourself with that later,? the older Jedi responded. Over the noise and blinding explosion of lights, Obi-Wan yelled to the kneeling officer. ?Can we retreat??

?Negative,? the C

9. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    WOW.

We seem to be saying that a lot here [face_laugh] And for a damn good reason, I might add. WOW!! What a story! What an ending!

10. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Heartwrenching way to end it but perfectly Obi. Pushing aside his pain and loss in order to fulfill his duty to others.So focused on that duty that he failed to notice that she was still with him. I've said it often, but it's worth repeating, no one writes him as well as you Red.

Masterpiece? Most certainly! :)

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Unbelievably painful and exquisite. Words fail me....

Please submit this to the Archives so that more people will read it!!!!

12. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Amazing. Beautiful. Stunning. Wonderful. Intriguing.....
    The list could go on and on and on, but I do not think that it needs to. If you do not know by now how great this story is, then you never will.
    I have been needing a story like that for a long time now.
    Once again, terrific story! I look forward to reading your other works and reading this one again and again and again.....

~ The Captain

13. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I cried again. It was wonderful and sad at the same time to see it end.

It also pointed out to me anyway. That sometimes we do pay to much attention to something like work that we forget to pay attention to what may be right beside us the whole time.

Please keep writing stories and send a PM when you do write another one.

14. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    :_|
    Poor Obi! All alone and blaming himself for something that was the will of the Force.
    Beautifully written Red. I loved the end where Siri was still with him even in death, fulfilling her promise to stay with him.

15. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    A very lovely story, RRK, particularly if one likes romances(which as you well know, I can't stand 'em ;) ). But I still read all of this and it is an excellent, well-written story for that particular genre; definitely up to every bit of your usual standard. Good job(and I don't mean that sarcastically :) ).

16. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    That was absolutely beautiful Red and definitely one of your best, which is saying quite a lot. :)

17. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    So very very vivid and lovely! and I don't care how many times I read it, one time more is always needed.

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Between you and CYN , I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out tonight!

19. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I know what you mean, PK. :(

That was just a simply gorgeous and heartbreaking story, red. So fluid and beautiful, I was sitting here reading it and had to stop because I was so awestruck by your talents. [face_shocked] A piercing look at a different side of Obi-Wan.

And the more intimate scenes between him and Siri were perfect. [face_blush] I too thought the part where he glanced at his saber and pulled away was awful--but wonderfully written!

Totally believable and remarkably good! :) I agree that you should archive this...everywhere! :D A truly flawless story.

20. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    WoW!

uh, I mean WOW!

That was absolutely exquisitely written Master! I am completely stunned speechless.

The heartbreaking loneliness that Obi has to endure. The never-ending unfulfilled desire for Siri. The pain of the loss of all the Jedi. The burden of his duty.

You captured it all quite well.

Bravo! Bravo!

*clapping hairy hands and hooting madly*

:D

21. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Beautiful is inadequate. That was likely the best story I've read. Thank you for writing it - and for sharing it with us.

Shaindl

22. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    JadeSolo?WOW!! What a story! What an ending! ?? Thanks :)

obi ew?Heartwrenching way to end it but perfectly Obi. Pushing aside his pain and loss in order to fulfill his duty to others.So focused on that duty that he failed to notice that she was still with him. ?? [face_blush]

dianethx?Unbelievably painful and exquisite. Words fail me.... ?? :)

Captain Observant?I have been needing a story like that for a long time now. ?? Glad I could oblige. 8-}

CrystalKenobi?It also pointed out to me anyway. That sometimes we do pay to much attention to something like work that we forget to pay attention to what may be right beside us the whole time. ?? Wow, [face_shocked] never thought of it like that. Interesting.

ca tron?Poor Obi! All alone and blaming himself for something that was the will of the Force. Beautifully written Red . ?? He wouldn?t be Obi-Wan if he didn?t blame himself. [face_blush]

naw ibo?A very lovely story, RRK , particularly if one likes romances(which as you well know, I can't stand 'em ). ?? At least I tried to stay within the confines of character. :D I could have gone a lot further.

Sheila?That was absolutely beautiful Red and definitely one of your best, which is saying quite a lot. ?? Thank you [face_blush]

Froggy?So very very vivid and lovely! and I don't care how many times I read it, one time more is always needed. ?? Okay, so no complaining when I give it back with some more touch ups. :D

PadawanKitara? Between you and CYN , I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out tonight! ?? Sorry!

LuvEwan?Totally believable and remarkably good! ?? Thanks! :D

Wookiee?I am completely stunned speechless. ?? Must?refrain? ?? The heartbreaking loneliness that Obi has to endure. The never-ending unfulfilled desire for Siri. The pain of the loss of all the Jedi. The burden of his duty. ?? :( And yet, he maintained through all of that to watch over the future.

Shaindl? Thank you for writing it - and for sharing it with us. ?? Thank you for reading and replying! :)

Sorry it took so long to respond. I have been down in the hand since Saturday but things are better and I can type (slowly) again!

Thank you everyone for your replies. There is an ?other side? to this story that is developing into a healthy plot bunny and down the road I might explore Siri?s pov. But for now I have plenty to entertain me ::cough:: Rem and WK. As well as a couple of stories (including this one) I would like to try and get archived.

23. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your story! Oh my, the intense emotions between Obi-Wan & Siri were wonderful and so sad! I was very impressed!

24. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    I recently discovered your and obi_ew's stories. I wanted to take a minute to say how much I enjoy your writing. This piece is particularly beautiful and poignant.

I have a question related to an answer you gave regarding romance stories. You said, " At least I tried to stay within the confines of character. I could have gone a lot further."

I believe you did stay within the confines of the character. However, is it a general understanding that Jedi are celibate? I am certain that I read an interview where George Lucas clearly stated that "Jedi Knights are not celibate" and that what is forbidden is attachments and possessive relationships. If we are to take Lucas at his word, Obi-Wan and Siri cross the attachment line yet adhere to a rule regarding celibacy that doesn't exist.

Once again, this is a beautiful piece of work.

25. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    TahiriSoloFan?Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your story! ?? Thank you very much. [face_blush]

honour? I wanted to take a minute to say how much I enjoy your writing. This piece is particularly beautiful and poignant. ?? Thank you. :)

I have a question related to an answer you gave regarding romance stories. You said, " At least I tried to stay within the confines of character. I could have gone a lot further."

I think you misunderstood my comment. It wasn?t romance in general, I was speaking of this story specifically. I could have taken the relationship much further but I chose not too because in my opinion that would have gone against character.

However, is it a general understanding that Jedi are celibate? I am certain that I read an interview where George Lucas clearly stated that "Jedi Knights are not celibate" and that what is forbidden is attachments and possessive relationships. If we are to take Lucas at his word, Obi-Wan and Siri cross the attachment line yet adhere to a rule regarding celibacy that doesn't exist.

I guess I am confused. This is a story about two Jedi whose hearts become conflicted but chose duty over love. I don?t understand where Lucas? statements on celibacy come in, in regards to this story. Yes, they are briefly overcome with passion but it is quickly brought under control with a reminder of who they are. They try to control their feelings through the kata but in the end, realize they can?t, hence Siri?s statement: This cannot go on. And Obi-Wan?s repeated reply: I know.

I am not following Lucas? various statements over the years to the letter. This is just a story. I haven?t even read the Jedi Quest books, most of it came off the top of my head with a little info from various websites and a lot of inspiration. I went where the muse took me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.