main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Jedi with Issues-- Short Viggie/OC Jedi Introspection

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by angry_bendu1, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Hey, this is my first short fic on this site, just wanted to figure out how all this is done. I was a little shell shocked when I first got here.[face_blush]

Please let me know if you like it or hate it. Any feedback is greatly appreciated![:D]

I stole the first line from the First Sentence Challenge Thread.

------

Little fuzzy animals bother me. I know they shouldn?t. But when most people see a chirmouse they go, ?aww, how adorable!?

I go, ?aww, Chandrilan plague.?

I can?t help it. Aren?t Jedi supposed to be sensitive? I don?t know, but I must?ve skipped that day at the Academy.

Babies freak me out. I swear too much. I hate sugar. The librarian in the Archives drives me nuts.

Peace, serenity, all that jazz? I?m not sure where to find it.

And before you go judging me, you should take a good long look at yourself. Because while it might be wrong for a Jedi to act this way, I know that all you people do it too. I?m not sure why we?re held to this double standard but let me tell you this:

It sucks.

Sometimes I want to yell obscenities at the speeder next to me. I don?t want to help little old ladies across the street. Maybe chasing down every bad guy on a planet with trillions of people gets a little bit annoying after awhile.

Well, maybe I should just let it go.

But aren?t I allowed to lose my temper, or be a tad bit insensitive? No, that would be of the dark side young apprentice? Well I?m going to go dark on the next kriffin? monkey lizard who gives me diet jura juice instead of regular. Do I look like I need it?!

Don?t answer that if you want to live.

The Masters worry about me. They make me take extra meditation courses to try and find my center. Master Windu tells me that I should study the code.

The man invented the single most brutal lightsaber form ever. What a hypocrite!

The others in the temple avoid me. They're afraid of me too, I can see it in their eyes. In the way that the students leave me out of rec time. When the last Master would rather work solo than pick me as his apprentice. When the Council keeps calling me in for reevaluation.

I can?t keep up the saccharine sweet routine. That?s just not me. I've always been true to myself. They say I?m volatile, I maintain that I?m just normal.

Apparently normal just isn?t good enough.

-----

Jesika closed down her journal in a huff. It was good to get her thoughts down in her datapad. Dark eyes looking around the room, she smiled ruefully to herself.

She might be pretty (if she said so herself), smart, funny and brave. She might be an excellent duelist, good with complex math, and an ace pilot. She could even cook a mean rhyscate. All of those things would make her a semi-interesting civilian. But none of that mattered, because to everyone Jesika could sense milling around outside her room?s thin durocrete walls, she was only one thing.

A Jedi with issues.

Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think!:D

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor Jesika. She's just a Jedi with issues. :p Glad Anakin's not the only one. ;) :p

Loved this line: I can?t help it. Aren?t Jedi supposed to be sensitive? I don?t know, but I must?ve skipped that day at the Academy.

Great work, angry_bendu1!

3. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! :D

Little fuzzy animals bother me. I know they shouldn?t. But when most people see a chirmouse they go, ?aww, how adorable!?

I go, ?aww, Chandrilan plague.?

I can?t help it. Aren?t Jedi supposed to be sensitive? I don?t know, but I must?ve skipped that day at the Academy.

Babies freak me out. I swear too much. I hate sugar. The librarian in the Archives drives me nuts.

Peace, serenity, all that jazz? I?m not sure where to find it.

[face_laugh] Hilarious on the surface, but something much deeper beneath. Lovely! =D=

5. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I can identify too well with this one! [face_laugh] Not all Jedi are perfect now, are they? It's refreshing to have one finally admit it! awesome job!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

6. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    VaderLVR64: Thanks so much![:D] I liked her dry humor when I mulled this over in my head, and I kind of just picked it up and ran with it.:p

I really appreciate the praise, THANK YOU once again![face_peace]

Darth_Leia_6669:[face_laugh] Thanks! Are you a rebel yourself?:p

And yes, I definitely agree. Always seemed like the Jedi were far too pent up for their own good.o_O[face_mischief] I figured that there must've been a few who went against the grain. (In a quirky but non-Sith way...:p) Thank you very much for your kind words, I'm so glad that you liked it![:D]

7. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    lol I love it! A real Jedi!

8. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    From the first sentence, Jesika's personality shines through. Throughout the whole vig, it was like she was saying, "Hi! I'm here! This is me!"

Very well done! =D=

Bravo!

9. katriene

katriene Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2008
    I love to see people struggle with ideals. This gal seems to have a clearer sense of herself than many of the higher Jedi do, though!

Would be interesting to see her interact with the others in dialogue...interesting and hilarious ;)

10. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    JediKaren:Thanks so much![:D]

thesporkbewithyou:Wow, thank you![face_blush] I really wanted her to have a strong personality, I'm glad that translated through in the text!:)

And I just love your name...[face_laugh]

katriene: Hehe, yes I agree, she's definitely something else.:p And it does seem like the council was very, umm... self-assured and kind of oblivious in the saga trilogy.[face_thinking] Something you might want to try not being as the Masters. But, I don't know.[face_mischief]

Hmm, yeah I was thinking about maybe expanding this if I get time this summer.[face_whistling] I'm really interested in developing this girl's story! Seems like there could be some good twists.[face_mischief]

Once again, thank you all for your great feedback! It is much appreciated![:D]

11. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Hah, poor Jesika. She does have issues and the Jedi Order just isn't in the habit of dealing with them, are they? Heh, she and Anakin should meet and talk over a cup of caf at Dex's. They'd have a lot to talk about, I think. ;)

Great vignette! It's wonderful! :D

12. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    AngelQueen: Oops, you caught me mid-post... You get one all to yourself![face_batting]:p

You aren't kidding when you say her and Anakin could hold a running conversation.[face_mischief] Plenty of things to talk about! (And I still think that the council's poor handling of Anakin led to his downfall...[face_shame_on_you])

I'm a firm believer in environment over destiny.[face_laugh]:p

Thanks for the lovely reply![:D]

13. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    Hey I started a sequel here:

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/28753761/p1/?0

Enjoy![:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.