main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Jedi's Dilemma (ROTJ *songfic* Luke pov)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_of_Twilight, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    This is my first songifc so please nice to me. :D The song is Linkin Park's ?Numb? and I do not own Star Wars <or I'd be filthy rich XD>

A Jedi's Dilemma

(Luke?s thoughts in ROTJ as he heads to be captured)

I'm tired of being what you want me to be
    Feeling so faithless
    Lost under the surface

Moving silently through the thick forest of Endor, I feel a sense of dread coming over me. In the darkness, I walk towards my end, one way or another. I?m tired of being used by both sides-lied to by my mentors and tempted to evil power by my enemy. I?m not their knight in shining armor. Where do I go from here? Where do I turn to for help? I have no one to guide me now and nothing to show me whom to believe. I cannot trust anyone. I?m being consumed my fears!

I don't know what you're expecting of me

What am I doing? I continue heading towards the Imps? lines and know I have to face my father and the emperor. What am I supposed to do and what are my choices? What am I doing?!

Put under the pressure
    Of walking in your shoes

You?ve put the mantel of the Jedi on me! Everyone wants me to be a Jedi Knight, but what do I want to be is my question. I?m going to do what the Jedi Order of old should have done. I?m now taking over the mission they failed to do. I am their last hope.

(Caught in the undertow / Just caught in the undertow)

I?m drowning in my fears as I walk helpless in the darkness. My light saber swings at my belt, almost mocking what I am. Nowhere to go but to the man who use to be my father. I?m drowning in my sorrow and in my hope.

Every step that I take is another mistake to you
    (Caught in the undertow / Just caught in the undertow)

I go to save my friends and you condemn me, and I know now how you lied to me. My choices no matter how right they are seem to haunt you. I can?t leave my friends!!!

I've
    Become so numb

I don?t care what everyone wants from me! I?m dying inside and I know what I have to do. To reach my destiny I have to face the emperor and my father and bring the light back. Am I kill to my own father or give in? I?d rather kill myself than become one of them!!!

I can't feel you there
    Become so tired

My mentors, where are you? I am in my darkness hour and neither of you are with me. Always alone, only I can be the light to stand against the darkness!!!

So much more aware
    I'm becoming this

Feeling the Force flow through me I know the truth. I am a Jedi.

All I want to do
    Is be more like me
    And be less like you

Why was I chosen to be the weapon, the last Jedi left, to stand against my blood and the master behind him? I will not be you who lies to save yourself face and give me reason to fight against the monster who was my own father. I want to me, Luke Skywalker. I know now that I am not a Jedi of Old. I?m the new and I am not like you. I believe in the good of my father!!! My jaw clenches and my eyes glow with the ancient knowledge of the Force. It will guide me to the right path and fulfill what must happen.

Can't you see that you're smothering me
    Holding too tightly
    Afraid to lose control

You were scared that I would become my father and tried to shape into a weapon to strike the enemy you were afraid to face yourself. I am told what I want to hear, and you, Obi-Wan Kenobi, twisted the truth to tell me the honorable man my father was and how died at the hands of the evil enemy. Yes, this enemy is evil, but you forgot to tell me that this evil creature is my own father!!!

'Cause everything that you thought I would be
    Has fallen apart right in front of you

I will never be your weapon for you, and I will not kill my own father. I will redeemer him, even if means my death. You should have no worries cause you train me, but I won?t be what you want. I am NOT the weapon you wanted to shape into. I am NOT my father and will not follow his choices, but I love my father, not the monster, and I will bring back Anakin Skywalker! Or die

2. JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA

JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2003
    WHOA! I LOVED IT!.Beside the fact that I love Linking Park I could actually identify with Luke,how everybody wants him to be something that his not and be lied to so he would kill his own father! HOW HORRIBLE!
    Ann I'm with Luke I would try to redeem my father or die trying.

Great Story!

Mariana

3. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Great!!! I also like Linkin Park and how you wrote in the thoughts of Luke. Great!!!!!

4. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Pretty good Twilight. ;)

Do you think they could squeeze in a musical number in ROTJ? :D
    A little tinkering and it could fit into ESB as well I think.

5. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks everyone!!! I'm so glad you liked it. <I worked really hard and it was my first....man, killer plot bunnies galore attacking me lately. Hard to focus on any one thing!!! :_| >

JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA [face_blush] Thanks this means alot to me to know someone appreciates my work. I love Linkin Park and Luke and when I heard this song, ALL FOUR of my muses hit me over the head. <And I still got the lump to prove it. *winces* Youch. ;) Heh>

Shadesaw Glad you liked it!!! I plan on doing another one as well. Grrr...evil muses!!!!

Moffy Yes, all of my muses have decided they wanted a songfic ever since I heard the song "Numb" on Linkin Park's cd.

It certainly would be somethin' if they could squeeze that number int ROTJ. They could afterall-"missing scene" I believe screams it all. 8-} Heh. Oh, I have another one planned for ESB...heh. [face_mischief]

gtg (I've overrunned my time limit....uhoh)

~Amilight

6. darththunderbird

darththunderbird Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    OMFG THAT ROCKED MY SOCKS!! (and it takes alot to do that, my socks arent easily rocked)

that was dudicular!

7. jedi_enigma

jedi_enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2002
    OH MY GOSH! YOU USED LINKIN PARK NUMB! YOU ROCK!!!!! :cool: That was so amazing! I could really see Luke thinking these things as he went along and what I found really wonderful was that most of his thoughts actually blended in with the lyrics of the song, as if they were actually part of the lyrics and not just something added in! That was amazing! Let me know if you do another!

Eni

8. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Wow, more reviews!!!! :D

darththunderbird Thanks!!! [face_blush] I'm glad it rocked your socks. 8-}

enigma Thanks so much!!!
    I could really see Luke thinking these things as he went along and what I found really wonderful was that most of his thoughts actually blended in with the lyrics of the song, as if they were actually part of the lyrics and not just something added in! Thanks!!! That was the aim, after all-when I heard this song the ROTJ theme just hit me (well as mentioned before my muses got me! ;) )

I'm so happy everyone likes it and I am planning on doing one for ESB and maybe ANH as well. Thanks again!!!

~*Twi

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Very perceptive. Twi. I, too, like Linkin Park and this song suited the situation admirably.
    Always alone, only I can be the light to stand against the darkness!!! Good line. Luke was terribly alone during those first few years. It's amazing he didn't go crazy really.

I liked the idea of showing his anger with Yoda and Obi-Wan, too. I can imagine that he would feel betrayed by them at this stage. Very nice piece of work. :)

10. mysticariadne

mysticariadne Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2003
    Ay...awesome job.

I love Linkin Park. Everytime a Linkin Park song plays on the radio, I put the volume up and sing along with it. It makes me feel like an angsty rebel under catharsis (but that's just me) ;-D

As soon as I saw what song you have chosen to use for this songfic, I said to myself, "Oh yes....very very appropriate...."

Plus, the use of words throughout the whole fic is great. Present tense also added to the drama (yes, yes, I know....write past tense...but this is where present tense will make a story shine the way it's supposed to)...

Poor Luke... I always felt sorry for him, especially since Fate pretty much dictated where he's supposed to go. As much as the movies didn't show it as much, Luke is an angsty character -- the comics did a wonderful job in showing that....

...and so did this songfic.

Bravo, my dear. I am soo looking forward to your next work.

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Just upping this to let readers know that I've nominated this for best songfic in the SFFA. :)

12. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Thank you so much, I'm speechless from the praise!!!! :D :_|

Mystic I know the feeling! i just love Linkin Park and Thank you so much. Yes Luke is a angsty character but he's also so optimistic-quite interesting. ;) Don't worry our brainchild will get off the ground. Right now though i'm a little sick but it is coming along!!1

Tahi Thank you!! I'm so glad you liked it! And you nominated me?!?!?!?!?!?! [face_blush] Awww...thank you, thank you!!!! :D

*slides outta thread, face bright red*

~*Amilight

13. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    ...That was AMAZING!
    I've always wondered what Luke was thinking at certain places in the movie, especially this one since it isn't in the movie! Great job! :)

14. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    *peeks head in*

Oy! Another review... :D

Binder-Lover Thanks!!! And yes besides the fact listening to Linkin Park inspires my muses, I've always wondered what Luke had to be thinking when he turned himself in. He had to be freaking out-I would've been whimpering. [face_worried] ;)

Thanks for reviewing!!! ^^

~*Amilight

15. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Oh wanted to say that I'm working on another Luke pov songfic! It'll be the ESB one, k?

~*Twi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.