main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Jedi's Fear ( General Grievous and OC) 4/6 Authors Note.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mike-Sunrider, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Very chic, Mike! and very bad ass! I like your dialogue, youre one of the few people that i know who can keep the dialogue believable.

Nice man!

2. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    UP!

So, when's next chapter. I've got to get my fill of the General.

3. Mike-Sunrider

Mike-Sunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2003
    There will be an update tomorrow or friday. Most likely tomorrow though. Thanks for bumping the thread :p.

Do the readers of this fic wish to recieve further PM's warning for updates?

If you do just give me a note.

Briman: Nice chapter, Mike. Things are certainty heating up quickly, can't wait for more of GG, he's my favorite new villian so far.

Thank you for enjoying this story. :) I hope you will continue to enjoy it.

sdhfs: nice

I'm glad you still like it :)

The_Mandalorian_: Very chic, Mike! and very bad ass! I like your dialogue, youre one of the few people that i know who can keep the dialogue believable.

Nice man!

You like my dialogue? :confused:. Thanks! :D. I'm glad the dialogue sounds believable for you. I sometimes worry that the dialogue i write doesn't fit or make sense at all during a situation.

4. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    I've sent the part to my beta-reader so please have a little more patience :p

I apologize for the delays.

5. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    This is an UP!

In other words, better post before your readers start a riot, Mike.

6. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    Here it finally is!

Next update will have ground combat action :p. Just give me a week for it :p. It will most likely be updated next weekend.

Enjoy.

From his view outside the window of the Separatist cruiser, the general was delighted at the sight of the mass confusion the Republic Fleet. The long, wedge-shaped starships desperately tried to shape up some kind of a formation.

?Excellent?? he murmured to himself.

Annoyed by the sound of slurping, he peered over his shoulder. The Neimoidian captain was enjoying himself a nice cup of Tarissian wine, sipping it slowly, letting the taste of the fluid caress his tongue. Drinking. . . Something the General could not do. It was a harsh reminder of what life was for him. At first sight, his bone-like metal structure revealed Grievous to be nothing more than another droid, simply more advanced then the others. He would have been a droid, if his carapace didn?t secrete something. Underneath his carapace was an unwholesome being. His machinery was the only thing keeping the few vital organs he had left from going rotten. . . No, he already was rotten, rotten to the core.

With a reflex, he slapped the cup out of the unsuspecting Neimoidian?s hand, the wine pouring out over the floor.

?Command the crew to prepare the cloakers!? he barked. His fearsome demeanour left no room for question. ?Now!? he barked again, this time the word being punctuated by a wet hacking cough. The Neimoidians membrane-like eyes widened in surprise; he quickly scurried away.

?Cloakers? was the pet name the General had given his specialized transports, filled with explosives and cloaking devices. The General would let these cloaked transports infiltrate behind enemy lines and detonate the explosives within the enemy fleet, which was oblivious to the threat. To ensure that his troops weren?t harmed in the progress, the transports were piloted by droids.

The rest of the crew worked nervously, distressed by the general?s flare-up. The captain returned.

?Lord, the transports are ready.? The tremble in the pitch of the captain?s voice expressed the trepidation the captain experienced.

?Good. Dispatch them.?

On the bridge of the Ragnarok, there was frantic activity as communications officers worked through all the frequencies, sending out messages, and reporting on the result. Tactical and science officers were equally busy with the sensors, trying to interpret the readings and assess the extent of the damage the buzz droids had caused. The admiral was just about managing to keep track of it all, and his mind was racing as he thought through possible countermeasures. None came to mind on how to counter a communications jam. However, he needed to reestablish contact with the rest of the fleet. The situation proved too vulnerable.

Tersu noticed a middle-aged crewmember struggling with a console, the tactical readouts spilled all over its screen. The crewmember caressed his hair, which showed strains of grey close to the ears.

?What is the matter?? the admiral descended the ramp towards the ?pit?, as it sometimes was called. It lay in the middle of the bridge. It was actually a lower level of the ship and it was where all the consoles were displayed. It was accessible by a blast door or the ramp that connected the level with the bridge. Over the middle of it ran a stretched platform where the admiral usually paced.

The admiral stopped next to the sensor operator and peered over his shoulder, investigating the screen.

?I have no clue, sir, and that's the problem. It seems that some of the Federation ships just disappeared from our sensors.?

The man showed a moustachioed face, with wrinkles appearing over his face, a sign of stress.

?That?s impossible, it must be a glitch in the system,? the admiral gasped.

?Sir, what if the ships are cloaked??

This answer triggered an argument, an impossible argument for the crewmember who couldn?t convinc

7. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    :D

Annoyed by the sound of slurping, he peered over his shoulder. The Neimoidian captain was enjoying himself a nice cup of Tarissian wine, sipping it slowly, letting the taste of the fluid caress his tongue. Drinking. . . Something the General could not do. It was a harsh reminder of what life was for him. At first sight, his bone-like metal structure revealed Grievous to be nothing more than another droid, simply more advanced then the others. He would have been a droid, if his carapace didn?t secrete something. Underneath his carapace was an unwholesome being. His machinery was the only thing keeping the few vital organs he had left from going rotten. . . No, he already was rotten, rotten to the core.

I really do love that bit. Even if you did use 'secrete'. :p

8. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    Hehehe...Im sorry my almighty Beta-Reader. :p

I always listened to you before :(

Have a jelly donut and lets forget this 'secrete' matter. *hands you a jelly donut*

9. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    YAY!
    Yup. 'Secrete' never happened.

*devours donut*

10. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    HIIIIII MIKE!! *bounces up and down* Darth Hyperactivity reporting for duty!! [face_devil]
    *salutes*
    I promised you I would reply!! Better late than never ! I sometimes say...
    I love this fic!! Gettin me all pumped for Epi 3...
    I am totally a Grievous fan now! Keep going! This is an awesome fic! :*

11. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    Thanks Siri-Wan :p

Anyway, i've sent the new bit to my Beta-reader.

So bare a little more patience, please.

12. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    Here is the update. Expect the other in a week, or sooner. Depends on DRL :(.

On the ground, things went smoothly for the Republic forces. As the turret on top of the juggernaut laid waste to most of the battledroids, the rest were rounded up by the clonetroopers. Crystal bolts propelled through the sky, piercing droids or scraping them. One clone was good for four super-battle droids, and most of those were shot by the juggernauts, leaving an easy opening towards the appointed rendezvous point.

Inside the cabin of the main juggernaut were the Jedi. The commander patiently waited for the moment of attack. The juggernauts arrived at a crossway; a hatch opened and a clone observed the area with his binoculars.

"A large concentration of battledroids is ahead, sir!? the clone yelled.

The commander nodded acknowledgement, ?It?s time,? he told Amaa, signaling the driver to open the rear hatch.

It hissed open and the clones ran out of the cabin, followed closely by the commander and Amaa. Debris dust kicking up with every step she took, Aama gracefully wielded her emerald lightsaber as she batted and parried the shots aimed for her or for any clone that was close. Her left foot pivoted forward as she swung her blade up, carving through a droid diagonally. With a flourish, she took the blaster-arm of another.

?Press forward and hold a line of defense!? she ordered. A blue bolt flashed past her, perforating the head of a droid which was ready to take Aama out. She let out a breath of relief and motioned her appreciation to the clone that saved her.

Her lekku twitched as she heard a faint sound, as if things were rolling towards them. Droidekas!, she thought. The moment she turned towards the sound, her blade held firm before her body, the droidekas appeared from the dust. Clattering, the whole army of droidekas unfolded from their armoured ?snail-shell? form and transformed into a host of sinister-looking beetle-shaped droids. Their double-blasters ? one on each arm ? aimed for her. She quickly rolled herself behind wreckage protruding from the ground.

At the sound of repeated blaster fire, the commander turned around and saw the predicament the Jedi general was in. Tapping a button on his helmet, he ordered, ?Send out the skytroopers.?

He tried shooting at the destroyer droids, but his blasts were absorbed by the shield generators the droids carried. However, he did get the attention of a few of them as they turned and shot frantically into the clone mass. A few well-aimed shots from the juggernaut tore two of them apart.

Noticing the green-marked armor of the skytroopers in the corner of his eyes, he looked up to see the skytroopers launch a barrage of blasts with their EMP blasters ? weapon of choice for the elite squadron. These blasts took out droids with ease. They had a small blast radius and were capable of taking out multiple opponents ? the blast took out the shields of the majority of droidekas and the commander chucked a grenade into the middle of the group, the explosion taking out the shieldless droids.

Aama was about to leave her secure position when the commander noticed a battledroid aiming with a portable rocket launcher at the wreckage.

?General!? he cried out and rushed towards her. A loud bang signified the rocket leaving its barrel. Before the rocket reached the wreckage, he tackled the Twi?Lek Jedi. On impact, the rocket caused a shockwave that knocked the two backwards in the dirt.

?You know you don?t have to be my prince in shining armor, right?? She stared into the dark visor of the helmet. The helmet didn?t have the slim, soft-looking shape of the old armor, but a broad build, with the visor appearing to be two black holes where the eyes were supposed to be.

The commander helped her up to her feet, shooting the droid who fired the missile during the process. ?No time to talk, General.?

Both of them stood back to back, Aama using her weapon and the Force to anticipate incoming blasts. ?Do you have a name?? she asked, batting crimson bolts

13. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Hmmmmm I really liked this post MIKE!!! It was sooo exciting. I am also total for this Aama Jedi! I like her! It's good to have a girl as a general.. Girl Power! :p

?My ID number is CC-3218?Let's go!?
    That just rolls off your tongue Real easily, doesnt it! lol! Yes.. it has a certain ring to it. Not Joe or John , but CC-3218! I like it!;)

Great Update Mike! Can't wait for more! Sry i havent talked to ya in awhile.. still lurking. but know that Darth Hyperactivity is still around..[face_devil] Muuuwwhahahahah!!! *slips back into shadows*

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great writing, Mike. =D= Sorry I haven't talked to ya in a while or left feedback, but I have been reading. :)

I really like Aama, she's great. You're doing really good at starting to get into the complexities of your characters.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

15. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    Siri-Wan-Kenobi

?My ID number is CC-3218?Let's go!?
    That just rolls off your tongue Real easily, doesnt it! lol! Yes.. it has a certain ring to it. Not Joe or John , but CC-3218! I like it!

Great Update Mike! Can't wait for more! Sry i havent talked to ya in awhile.. still lurking. but know that Darth Hyperactivity is still around.. Muuuwwhahahahah!!! *slips back into shadows*

Thanks! I can tell you this though. Reading your hyperactive replies are bad for my sleeping brain :p.

Im glad that you liked it however. :D Does CC-3218 really roll off the tongue easily?

JediMaster_Jen

Great writing, Mike. Sorry I haven't talked to ya in a while or left feedback, but I have been reading.

I really like Aama, she's great. You're doing really good at starting to get into the complexities of your characters.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

That is okay. Im glad you still enjoy reading it. And thanks for your comment, I appreciate it. :)

Why does everyone like Aama? :p

I am working on the new chapters. It is just going slower. I am working on a sequel to one of my fics and im trying to come up with something for this new challenge lol.

16. Mike-Sunrider

Oct 4, 2003
    I got something to say.

My beta-reader is extremely busy these days so for any updates on this fic you'd have to wait a while.

Or I have to find another Beta-reader.

Sorry about this :(

~Mike

17. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    :(

I'm sorry. *hangs head in shame*

Things are slowing down, so I should be able to get back on track...

18. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

This story is getting more intense by the minute..or day...lol

19. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Good story. Good descriptiveness. I look forward to seeing more. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.