main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Jedi's Heart (Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan TPM Era Adventure Fic) Sept. 29th EPILOGUE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwyn_Whitesun, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Opens second box of tissues! :(

At least they got to be together once.

But now Cian has left and Obi-Wan has Anakin to train, what is going to happen to Aalea? I almost don't want to know. Ok, I do really.

But, as Aalea listened to him, something in her heart told her he was wrong and nothing would ever be all right again.

Sob! :(

Sabe126

PS. 600 posts! :)

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :_| That was...heart breaking!

3. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Arwyn - Perfect!

That one word says it all.

CYN

4. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Pass me the tissues please. *sniff, sniff*

An amazing couple of posts.

Qui-Gon died without knowing he was going to have a baby. :(

At least Aalea and Obi got to be togheter one more time. I'm almost worried to know what happens to Aalea.

But, as Aalea listened to him, something in her heart told her he was wrong and nothing would ever be all right again. So true, and so sad :(

5. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    I need a tissue!

Reading your response, I thought "of course I can handle more posts" but I'm not that sure anymore. How on Earth am I supposed to be able to do french homework with that post in my mind?

But, as Aalea listened to him, something in her heart told her he was wrong and nothing would ever be all right again.

She's probably right and that is what is so sad. :_|

Fantastic work, Arwyn!

6. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Oh, man, Arwyn!!! :(

That was absolutely unreal! I have a very bad feeling that Aalea's going to have to leave, as well! Obi-Wan's heartbreak is only going to intensify, isn't it?

:(

7. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    how can you write heartach so well,oh man well i can't wait to see what happens with Aalea, and what Luke thinks of it all.

Yoda

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I only have one thing to say :_|

9. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Pass the Kleenex's around people - I need several. That was so beautiful.
    It was just perfect - I hate to mention this but you acidentally put Onara in one paragraph instead of Aelea - you are getting excited about starting the sequel to First Knight.
    More posts tonight - yeah!

10. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Oops! [face_blush] Thanks for catching that, FAB. I just changed it. I did some rewriting of that scene just after having finished the first part of "Stars."

Healer Leona Thanks! I totally agree with you about Qui-Gon's death. :_|

Sabe Thanks! 600 posts. Cool! Not much more to go with the story, though. As for Aalea's fate, and everyone else's that will be revealed in the next post.

Obi Ew I'm afraid I have a just a little more heartbreak to go. :(

Cyn Thank you! I don't think I could ask for anything more. :)

Psycho Freak Thanks! I'll be putting up the next post sometime soon. I'm finishing up the touches on the other two fics and want to get those up sometime today.

Cicci Thanks! French, eh? I took it in grad school, but don't remember too much of it. Just phrases and some words. Wish I kept it up. :(

Astroanna Thanks! Well, I'll be resolving everything in the next few posts. But, you know Obi-Wan. He is the epitome of the tragic hero. :(

Yoda Thanks. Yes, we will be returning to Luke in the next post.

Jenny I understand. :)

11. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    ----------

Aalea slowly closed her eyes and her voice faded away. Luke stirred himself. He looked around and realized hours had passed since she had first begun her story. He saw out her window that the sun had gone down. As he looked over at her, for a moment, instead of an old woman with wrinkled skin, a badly burned face and thin gray hair, he saw the beautiful young woman with the night black hair and violet eyes who had loved his mentor.

"I never thought..." Luke stammered, ducked his head and blushed.

"Never thought what?" Aalea asked gently.

"I never thought, never imagined that Ben could have...."

"Been a young man filled with passion? I understand, Luke. I suppose it's the same as trying to imagine your parents as having been young once. Very hard to do." She smiled softly. "Believe it, dear Luke. Obi-Wan once held the fire of a dying age in his hands."

Luke nodded. "What happened between you and Ben?"

Aalea sighed. "We tried to make it work but," and she shook her head, "I lost him. The same way Cian lost Qui-Gon when he found your father. I lost Obi-Wan to the will of the Force. He threw himself body and soul into your father's training. It consumed him, for he was determined to fulfill Qui-Gon's dying wish. And no matter what others may say, Obi-Wan was the finest master any apprentice could have wanted."

Aalea sighed and picked up the photos. She smiled softly as she looked at the one taken at the picnic when she and Obi-Wan had been acting out their holovid pantomime. She then looked at the one of them together with Anakin and Padme.

"I did finally get to meet your mother. She was so beautiful and so brave."

"I wish I had known her," Luke said softly. "I have no memory of her at all."

"Look into your sister's eyes, Luke. You will see your mother there."

Luke nodded. "So, you and Ben weren't together at all?"

Aalea shook her head sadly. "What with his mastership of Anakin and everything that was happening in the Republic; the Neosho Crusades, the Davorian Purges, the Clone Wars, there was no time for us. During it all I lived with Cian on Valorum's homeworld and helped her to raise Jarel."

"Jarel? Qui-Gon's son?"

Aalea nodded.

"You weren't at the Temple then?" Luke asked.

"I left the Jedi Order soon after Cian left Coruscant."

"But why? Because you never found another master?"

Aalea shook her head. "No, but that is a story for another time, I'm afraid."

"When did you last see Ben?" Luke asked.

Aalea stared at Luke for a long time. He waited. Finally, in a soft voice she told him.

"It was thirteen years after Qui-Gon's death..."

----------------

Aalea landed her ship on a deserted island off the coast of the main continent of Sylvonna. She had received permission to enter Sylvonnan space along with a message that after her meeting with Master Kenobi, would she be so kind as to stop by and visit Queen Nadira who was anxious to see her. Aalea had smiled. She looked forward to seeing Nadira, Ishan and their ten children.

As Aalea got out of the ship Valroum had lent her, she saw a Jedi Starfighter parked near the entrance to a grotto. She powered down the engines and sat for a moment. She thought about the terse message Obi-Wan had sent her to meet him here. Yet, as much as Aalea had yearned to go to him, she had been reluctant to leave Cian and Jarel. Cian had grabbed Aalea's hands and squeezed them tightly.

"Go to him, Aalea, or you'll regret it all your life."

Aalea exited her ship and ran toward the grotto's entrance. It was dark inside, but along a passageway she saw a soft orange light. She hurried towards it. A chamber within the grotto glowed softly. Tall white candles had been placed along the ledges which circled a high crystalline bed covered with thick soft mantles of blue and green.

"Obi-Wan," Aalea called. She turned around. The chamber was empty.

"Obi-Wan," she called again.

She tried to sense him through their bond but she felt nothing. Fear moved through her like a mist. Then Aalea heard a sound

12. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    ok now you had to make me tear up, its sad but i am happy for her at them same time, the Force called her to her love.

great Arwyn great

Yoda

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    After that last chapter, I need a whole handful of Sabe's tissues. :_|

14. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    :_| *sniff, sniff* :_|

That was so sad. But so wonderful!

You had to go and kill everyone! :( At least now they are together again.

Aalea continued to gaze up at the goddess' face. "It's not really legal, you know," she said finally.

Obi-Wan laughed softly. "No, it's not, but we shall know in our hearts. My wife."

"Yes," Aalea said, as she turned to him and gazed deeply into his eyes. "We shall know. My husband."
    Awwww :)

She reached over to the small table next to her bed and picked up a black lacquered box. The edges of the box were chipped and much of its finish had rubbed off. She slowly opened it.

Inside was a long violet ribbon, frayed and faded.
    :_|

15. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **wipes tears away**

Oh Arwyn, this was great. I finally was able to read all three posts..and Its perfect..

Everyone is finally together at last..

I am going to say that this is the end right?

If it is..I say you did a wonderful job and I really enjoyed reading it..

MY hat is off to you..

Will await to read your next work of art..

PT

16. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Actually, there is an epilogue to this fic. I'm going to post it shortly, and then that, my friends, will truly be the end. After that I will post the first installment to "Stars in the Darkness" the sequel to "First Knight". :)

17. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    First of all, let me tell you something, Hon. I NEVER cry when I read fics; I CAUSE tears; I don't shed them - but you did it.

That final post was so infinitely perfect - such a fitting ending to a lifelong love story, that I can't imagine anything more appropriate for a final word. And, at the same time, you resisted the urge to wrap everything up in a neat, little, happily-ever-after package - a plot device that I personally despise. We're still left with the knowledge that sometimes, we never understand why things happen - and there are no guarantees of happy endings - but the journey, ultimately, still remains worth the trouble.

My sincere congratulations, Arwyn - you've given us Romeo and Juliet in that GFFA - with your own unique twists. Simply beautifully done.

CYN

18. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Epilogue

--------------------------

Luke looked up as R2 warbled at him. He put down his shovel. wiped his forehead and walked over to the little droid who was finishing carving words on a stone slab Luke had gotten from the village.

"That's very good, R2. You did a great job."

R2 chirruped at Luke and pulled his laser pen back into its compartment. Luke picked up the stone and carried it over to Aalea's grave. He positioned it firmly at its head. He then stepped back and looked at the grave. He had buried the photos and the ribbon Obi-Wan had given her all those years ago with her.

Then he heard a sound behind him. He turned. The man who had provided Luke with the stone was walking towards him. He was accompanied by a little girl who carried a bouquet of flowers. The man took off his hat. He gestured toward Aalea's grave.

"We didn't know her well," he said sadly "Pretty much kept to herself. But she had a great liking for Khali."

He nodded at the dark-haired girl who gave Luke a gap-toothed smile. Luke smiled back at her. She handed the flowers to him.

"Thank you," he said.

He turned and planted them in the freshly dug ground. Then he stood and wiped his hands on his pants. Khali tugged on his sleeve. He looked down at her. She pointed to the headstone.

"What does it say?" she asked.

Luke swallowed as he gazed at the words R2 had carved at his instruction on the stone.

"Here Lies Aalea Kenobi," he read to her, "Jedi Knight, Servant of the Republic, and Beloved Wife of General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master."

"What does 'be-be-beloved' mean?" Khali asked.

Luke smiled. "It means greatly loved."

"Are they together?"

"I hope so, Khali. If the universe is kind."

------------------------------

As Luke's X-Wing streaked through the stars, he thought about Mara and, as he programmed in the coordinates for home, he decided he would share with her the story Aalea had told him.

-----------------------------

Aalea woke up. She was lying on her back in a field of sweet-smelling grass. She turned her head. A soft warm wind, rich with the scent of flowers tickled her nose. Sitting up, she saw a light blue-green sky arching over her and billowy clouds, the color of golden moon pearls, floating serenely against it.

She looked down at herself. She was wearing a long gown which shimmered with a dozen different colors. She raised her arms. They were bare and her eyes widened as she looked at them. With wonder, she slowly ran her hand over her skin. It was smooth and unlined. Then she touched her face. There were no scars or wrinkles and, as the wind blew her hair about her, she saw the strands were thick and black.

She stood and looked around. She didn't recognize where she was but it was the most beautiful place she had ever seen. Like something out of a dream. She gazed off towards the horizon where she saw the soft outlines of purple mountains.

Then, as she turned around, she saw a tall man striding through the gently swaying grass towards her. She squinted her eyes. The sun was behind him so Aalea couldn't make out who he was. Then, as he drew nearer, her heart skipped wildly. She ran towards him.

"Master, master," she cried, waving her arm.

The man stopped and waited for her. Aalea flew into his arms and rested her head against his broad chest.

"Oh, master," she cried, tears flowing down her face.

"Aalea," Qui-Gon said softly.

She held him for a long moment, still unwilling to believe it was truly him. She pulled away and looked up into his warm blue eyes.

"Welcome, little one," he said smiling. "Come, the others are waiting."

"The others? Who?" she asked.

"You will see," Qui-Gon said, his eyes twinkling.

He took her by the hand and led her over a softly rising hill. When they crested it, Aalea looked down and saw a sparkling blue lake. Next to the lake was a red-roofed cottage. Qui-Gon led Aalea down to it.

"She's here, love," he called out.

The door opened and a woman with auburn hair and dark gray eyes stepped out, a

19. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    Oops, just read your comment, Cyn, so you're probaly not going to like my epilogue, but I had written it at time when I needed to know that there was something beyond death, so you can always pretend I didn't write it. :D

20. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    OK Arwyn...I take it back..

This was a great way to end the story..Everyone is finally together at last and all is as it should be..

Can't wait to read "Stars".

Great job once again!!

PT

21. CYNICAL21

Jul 8, 2001
    Nope - I'm still sold, even with the epilog - for your final words did not, in any way, negate the observations of the bittersweet resolutions that frequently plague our lives.

Reunion in the Force, however sweet and devoutly to be desired, doesn't cancel out the angst that preceded it - the long, deep loneliness endured by the principle characters.

We all, I assume, hope for some kind of reward for virtue, beyond the reach of death. To have it confirmed in this story is sweet frosting on the cake - but it doesn't change the cake.

Nicely done.

CYN

22. Arwyn_Whitesun

Jul 13, 2002
    I'm usually a hard-bitten, crusty, cynical broad, having endured a lot of the crap that life seems to like to dish out, but inside I'm still a hopeless romantic and a die-hard optimist. :)

I apologize for not responding personally to everyone. I think I have done more writing this day than I've done in years and am, as a result, quite exhausted mentally :) I will respond tomorrow and thank each of you individually for having taking the time to read and reply to this fic. :)

But, before I sign off, I just wanted anyone who's interested to know that, ta da, I have finally posted the first part of the sequel to "First Knight" which can be found here Stars in the Darkness

Thanks again, everyone! :)

23. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :_| Oh that was beautiful! You almost managed to get me to want to read more Obi-Romances! Naw.I think I'll just stick with your's! :D

24. Padawan_Laurianna

Padawan_Laurianna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    Everything in CYNICAL21's last post I agree with.

I was so certain that you were done with that last line "Go to him." But you gave us more, and I thank you profusely. (And all I was doing was reloading the page before I responded... :) ) Two of my dear fanfics that I always check have now ended today. :( But At least the other one has a sequel to be revised and posted.

When Luke read off the inscription on her gravestone (the little girl was a nice touch, by the way) I just lost it and sniffled away. :_| (I guess I am now really on my way to becoming my mom, she cries at movies and weddings all the darn time. ;) ) And the tears kept coming when she woke up in that field and saw Qui-Gon, and then everyone else, but especially Obi-Wan. How beautiful and touching. :) What a marvellous story, and what a great way to tell it with Luke asking her to tell her story. And I just cried like a baby when the starliner blew up with Jarel and Cian on it.

"Yes, there was pain, but there was also joy, Luke." I think I am going to hold onto that statement and the meaning behind it and its paragraph for a while. It is something I strongly believe in, need to believe in, especially these days since I've really had to grow up so much so fast these past few years.

Someday I'll get around to reading your other wondrous fics, Arwyn, milady. And I look forward to it, you have a gift as a story-spinner.

:) Take care of you,

:D L

25. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    *applauds wildly*

Brava, madame, brava!! :)

Truly, Arwyn, a wonderful ending to a wonderful tale! We've come to expect nothing less from you! Like Cyn said, the ending was heartwarming, but it didn't make it seem like a run-of-the-mill, "happily ever after" story. Your stories are never that way! They are deeply developed and truly touching, and always very poignant. This one was no exception!

Lovely work, as always, Arwyn!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.