main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Jedi's Return (End of ROTJ Vader/Ani one-post short story) Some more replies 04/03/2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by laurethiel1138, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, my, that really brings the endt of ROTJ into focus. Truly amazing. I can't wait to read more!

2. Kele-en

Kele-en Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2005
    Well done, Elf Maiden, resident diplomat on Serenity-2.

I won't fail you again, Mom, I promise.

I dreamt I came back and freed all the slaves.

And he did, didn't he? (*smile*)

3. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    You really have to rethink things in the original movies after seeing the prequels don't you? I know I like going back and looking at things from Vader's pov, and I like fics that do too. This is a good one.

4. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Thank you. Although I hadn't seen ROTS yet when I wrote this 'fic, I knew enough to make Vader less the full-fledged villan than a broken man in search of a purpose. I'm glad my story succeeded to put that forward.
    There's that. I always thought that Force visions, unless crystal-clear, weren't meant to be taken litterally, but more in a metaphorical sense. As it were, the Force only used a language 9-year-old Ani would understand. It just didn't tell him he'd have to go through hell and back for it to come true.
    When we see the CT after the narrative of the OT, we gain a frightening new sense of perspective, and for me it was interesting to extrapolate into that. I mean, Vader wouldn't have turned back if Ani hadn't had all this history as a background...

MTFBWY,

Lauré :)

5. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    "most impressive" .... need i say more? :)

6. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    The part about the slaves was interesting.

Wonderful story :)

7. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    *blushes*

Many thanks. There can be no higher praise that Darth Daddy's own words.
    Thank you. And I'm glad you like my little twist on the vision about freeing the slaves. Only now, at long last, can Anakin be truly his own man.

MTFBWY,

Lauré :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.