main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Jedi's Revenge (Legacy vignette, OCs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by whiskers, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    What can I say? I've been enjoying the Legacy comic books that have come out so far and this little plot bunny went ahead and bit me (Where is that holy hand grenade I ordered, anyway?)

Title: A Jedi's Revenge
    Author: Whiskers
    Genre: Drama
    Characters: Unnamed Male Original Character, Four Members of the Legacy Era Sith Order
    Timeline: circa 133 ABY
    Summary: A Jedi that has survived the Massacre on Ossus waits for his fate to arrive.

I look to the skies of this soon-to-be-ravaged planet, the sight of several Super Star Destroyers orbiting the planet are sending the rest of the general populace into a frenzy. They?re afraid that any minute the Star Destroyers will be reducing this planet to slag, along with everyone on it that hasn?t been able to get away. The Sith/Imperials won?t. At least not while they know that I?m still alive down here.

There?s a price on the head of Jedi, you know? I?ve made my presence known in the past few days, eluding and sometimes outright killing the bounty hunters that have come for me. And now the Sith themselves will show up for my head. And it?s about time they have.

That day, three years ago, has been burned into my skull. The site of starfighters, Imperial landing craft and a mixture of Sith and Imperial Stormtroopers storming Ossus. My wife and myself fought valiantly as the younglings, including my two sons, were placed one of the many shuttles that evacuated the Temple. The shuttle eventually made it?s way off of the planet, whether or not it survived the blockade is unknown to me. For all I know I?m the last of my family?s line?

My wife and I fought hard, trying our best to make it to the shuttle that we were allotted to escape the planet on. I know I killed at least three Sith that stood in our way. My wife, a more skilled warrior that I ever could be, killed six that I know of. I remember why I turned around, I just did. Perhaps it was to check on her progress as we both ran to safety. It was then that I saw the most horrific thing I had seen in my 34 years: a red blade emerging from her chest.

I didn?t clearly see who threw the blade that ended my wife?s life. From the distance, it appeared to be either a Quarren or perhaps the human standing next to him. All I can remember are their eyes; an unnatural, fiery yellow that served as a testament to their league with the Dark Side.

The landing craft are here now, and the Sith inside will probably step foot on the ground within the next few minutes. Even now, I can feel this conflict within me. Should I fight them to protect the citizens of this planet, or should I take my revenge upon them for all that they have done? Scratch that revenge line, after all, isn?t it justice that I?m about to mete out against them? Haven?t they committed treason against the Empire? Haven?t they murdered thousands of innocents? It?s my duty as a Jedi to make sure that these murderers and traitors are brought to justice?

And now, there they are. A group of four Sith are standing before me. It?s a diverse bunch, I must say?a Rodian, a Gotal, a Wroonian and finally a human. They draw their lightsabers, and with a smooth motion five red blades spring into existence.

?Another one of their kind that has survived,? the Rodian speaks as he twirls both of his lightsabers in the air, his species? stench having already assaulted my nose. ?Surrender Jedi, and your life shall be spared.?

?You have great power,? the human adds. ?And with us you can unlock even more.?

After all they?ve done they expect me to join them?! Doing so would ruin everything my wife and my friends gave their lives for! With a simple movement of my thumb, I ignite my own lightsaber, sending a green blade shimmering into existence. I raise the hilt to eye-level, sending a mock salute to my new enemies. I can see my reflection in the silver-like metal: dark brown, unkempt hair, a few days worth of beard growth that I have neglected to shave ever since the blockade began, and fiery

2. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I like it. I also like that it is vague.

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I can see my reflection in the silver-like metal: dark brown, unkempt hair, a few days worth of beard growth that I have neglected to shave ever since the blockade began, and fiery yellow eyes?

:eek: Oh no! I like how you have him justify his revenge despite being a Jedi. Very intriguing! I'll have to get my hands on the Legacy comics now. :D

4. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    ccp

I like it. I also like that it is vague.

It could really be anyone, couldn't it? Thanks for reading this.

JadeSolo

Oh no! I like how you have him justify his revenge despite being a Jedi.

Someone once said that to play a bad guy, a part of you has to believe that you're right. I felt that this now Dark Jedi would have to justify his actions. Only once does the fact that he is actually seeking revenge enter his mind, only to have the dark side quickly put up the excuse that instead of killing those that killed his wife and may have led to the death of his children, he's punishing murderers and traitors.

Very intriguing! I'll have to get my hands on the Legacy comics now.

I reccomend picking them up. They're excellent pieces of work.

Thanks for reading everybody!

5. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    unlocked and bumped.

Great vig whiskers. It was so intense!

=D=

6. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    correllian_ale

unlocked and bumped.

Seeing this on the second page sure shocked the heck out of me.

Great vig whiskers. It was so intense!

Thanks. This was--IIRC--my first trip into the Legacy era. I tried to make it seem intense as it was completely through the mind of a man who has fallen to far. Glad you liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.