main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Journey of Discovery-Bk.2: Pledge (L/M, H/L, OC's) Completed 4/2/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    Yes! I love how smart they can be and it's great to get back to Han and Leia. I wonder hwo you're going to end it though. But there's always book 3!

2. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    You know. in this post it just seems that Leia does not think Luke can handle himself. in other words she acts like Luke is a kid who knows nothing of the real world (in this case it should be 'known galaxy.')*sigh.* she's going be so Embarrassed and pissed off later when she finds out that Luke knew all along and that he married her.

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Tsk tsk, jumping to conclusions isn't really good exercise.

That's 4 years worth of posts. You ought to see Padawan Lunetta's - that girl has over 10,000. *shocked face*

I liked the stars. *sigh*

4. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Leia is going to be so kicking herself and Luke. I can't wait to see how it goes now!

5. MJSLSBS

MJSLSBS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    cnai't wait for more. great job

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    GreatOne: Tattoos? I wonder if she still has those... Luke might like them!

Temporary tattoos. I'm assuming this Mara has the same hang-ups about identifying marks that canon Mara has. ;)

Marai_Jade: Welcome, and thanks!! I'm glad you've been enjoying both Pendulum and Pledge. Every author likes to see a reader delurk! [face_laugh]

Wes_Janson: "We'll be there in two days tops," Han pledged. "Maybe even sooner. Remember, I've got the?"

And you all thought that L&M's wedding vows were the Pledge in the title. :p

More today ?

Don't get greedy. More tomorrow.

Rivad_Bacar: What they believe is true... from a certain point of view!

How do you know it's not true, without the certain point of view? Maybe Mara is stringing him along, pretending to be in love with him. ;)

J_M_Bulldog: Han and them are going to go flying into something and end up most likely getting hurt feelings or at least bruised egos. Can you imagine what they are going to do when they find out that she is Luke's wife?

Are you asking me? Cause I already know. [face_laugh] :p

ShortySC22: I wonder hwo you're going to end it though.

You'll find out Friday morning. But it will hardly be a wrap-up ending, cause as you say, there's still Book 3. :D

jacen200015: You know. in this post it just seems that Leia does not think Luke can handle himself.

That's kind of a standard in many fanfics -- poor Luke.

she's going be so Embarrassed and pissed off later when she finds out that Luke knew all along and that he married her.

You might be right. Or you might not. :p

RebelMom: I liked the stars. *sigh*

Yeah, what happened to them again? I liked them, too.

Stormtrooper_Shrink: Leia is going to be so kicking herself and Luke. I can't wait to see how it goes now!

Well, you're going to have to wait just a little while longer. ;)

MJSLSBS: cnai't wait for more.

You, too.

Last post of Book Two will be tomorrow morning. *throws confetti in celebration*

7. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    "A dancer with some self-defense training, my foot! She was an Imp spy!"

Uh-oh. Still, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Just now they're all going to ride to rscue Luke from his wife. He's gonna have a hard time explaining that one. LOL.

8. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Kazzy: Just now they're all going to ride to rscue Luke from his wife. He's gonna have a hard time explaining that one.

He will indeed. ;)

9. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    I can't believe we're at the end of Book Two already. :D And I'm still not finished with Book Three. But, I do have the first 13 chapters pretty well wrapped up, so my target is to start posting one chapter a week (possibly divided into two posts) beginning the day after Easter (April 12).

And so, on with the show...

[b]Chapter 20-B[/b]

Hiley and Jaco stood transfixed, gaping in awe at the metal monstrosity sitting before them. Even their drobbins pawed the ground nervously and snorted, their nostrils flaring wide in fright.

Luke and Mara urged their own mounts forward, talking soothingly to the reluctant animals. Luke dismounted and, handing the reins to Mara, walked back to his stupefied friends.

"There's nothing to be frightened of, really," he assured them. "It's just a form of transportation for us."

"No way that be a boat. It'd sink like a rock, fer sure," Hiley muttered, his eyes narrowing as he studied the strange contrivance. "But there be no wheels or runners. How does it go?"

"Hmmm ..." Luke cast a glance at Jaco, who had yet to utter a word. "Why don't we take a closer look, and I'll explain as much as I can." He stepped back a pace, waiting while the two villagers slid off their drobbins and tied the animals to nearby trees.

Mara was already hauling their belongings toward the B-wing's storage hold when the others approached. One hand resting lightly on her hip, she held out the coveted stabilizer rod to Luke. "You gonna do the honors, or do you want me to give it a shot?"

Luke took the metal piece from her without hesitation. "I'll put it in. Just give me a moment." Once more faced with how much to reveal, he turned to his friends. "You're right, Hiley. This isn't a boat or a wagon or a sleigh. We call it a ship, but it doesn't travel on water."

"If it ...," Jaco began, finding his tongue, "if it travels by neither sea nor land, then ... how ...?"

"We journey by air," Luke said simply, not feeling it necessary to explain about the vacuum of space.

"Like a bird?" Hiley asked. Both his and Jaco's gazes went from the ship to the sky and back again to the ship.

"In a way, yes."

"That be impossible." Jaco's skeptical frown emphasized his words.

Luke extended his hand and the stabilizer rod rose into the air, floating of its own accord. "This is impossible, and yet it is happening."

Hiley squinted, trying to unravel the mystery. "So ye float yer ... ship ... in the air with yer magic?"

Luke bit his lip, ignoring Mara's amused chuckle in the background. "Bad example, I guess. No, not with magic. Not my kind of magic, at any rate." His hand closed back around the rod. "The ship has an engine to power it." He smiled at the quizzical looks he received. "Come," he said, motioning them forward.

His natural curiosity toward anything mechanical overcoming any fear of the unknown, Hiley quickly followed Luke toward the baffling vehicle. He glanced back at his reluctant companion. "Come along, Jaco, me friend. It won't bite ye." He looked back at Luke. "Will it?"

Luke laughed and shook his head. "No."

Mara watched with detached interest as Luke proceeded to explain, in the simplest layman's terms he could think of, the workings of the immense Quadex Kyromaster engine. The villagers were listening with the same rapt attention that Mara had witnessed numerous times in Rogue Squadron's maintenance bay. Men and their machines, she thought to herself. Some things never change, no matter where one lands in the galaxy.

Moving to an access hatch in the cockpit section of the fighter, Luke began to install the new stabilizer component. Hiley and Jaco were quick to lend a hand, following Luke's directions with enthusiasm and diligence.

Mara, meanwhile, busied herself with digging through the luggage they had left behind in the ship. She wasn't about to travel the rest of the way to Lorrd in the same clothes she'd been wearing for over two days, and Force knew Luke needed new attire. She paused, though, as she pulled his satchel forward and

10. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Now everybody is on their way to Lorrd! Hmm. The things that will happen when Leia finds out her brother married an assassin, AND WITHOUT WAITING FOR HER PERMISSION, EITHER! (Slap them both, Princess. I'll be rooting for you! ;) )

EDIT - I don't know why, but the "header" line on my computer does not show Completed 4/2! :eek: - I see that you have that at the beginning of your last post, but it does not show up on the "outside" board! (at least not mine) I'm glad I checked in, anyway!!

11. Reesie

Reesie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Woo-Hoo Can't Wait!!

12. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    I was here to read the previous day's post and what I found?
    Two posts :) and the end of Book 2! :eek: :( And the beginning of Book 3 just after Easter... :) It is a good thing that I will be ocuppied the next week and we will have a few days trip on Easter... And we plan to return just in time, April 12! :)

To the posts:

So, they found out about Mara! It really took them some time... And now they think Mara is with Luke for killing him.
    That?s where lies lead... Now, I want more than ever to see their faces when they found out about the wedding. And farmboy trying to pursuade them that Mara truly loves him.

Hiley and Jaco stood transfixed, gaping in awe at the metal monstrosity sitting before them. Even their drobbins pawed the ground nervously and snorted, their nostrils flaring wide in fright.
    Poor guys! Their world must have turned upside down!
    That reminds me of a scene in one of Star Trek's films, where they returned to the past (our time) to bring a whale. I still remember the face of the young lady when that Klingon ship appeared in front of her in the park. :D I can imagine the faces of these two when the B-wing will depart. [face_laugh]

"Next stop, the planet Lorrd."
    So the meeting will be on Lorrd... But farmboy is in a healing trance. I hope he will be awake before they all meet, because as soon as her highness sees her brother injured, she will try to skin Mara alive, I am afraid. Not a good start for a healthy sister-in-law relationship... ;)

Well-done, Michele! :) I can?t wait...

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    All good things come to an end. :( Still I'm really looking forward to Book 3. Going to hate the once a week post after being spoiled daily, but I'll survive. :)

14. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    How do you know it's not true, without the certain point of view? Maybe Mara is stringing him along, pretending to be in love with him.

Oh, just call it faith in true love... [face_love]

Leia, Leia, Leia... have a little faith. Maybe Luke is
    "plying all sorts of" positive changes in Mara... Love, honor, trust, friendship... Have some faith in your brother! :D

15. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    /rubs hands in anticipatin

Methinks the sequel is gona ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Feb 11, 2004
    TO BE CONCLUDED IN "A JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY ? BOOK THREE: PRISM"

Dammiy, I have to wait!!!

17. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Eveyone's heading for a confirtation on Lorrd. Now, when Leia calls the Lorrd authorities better now try to lock up Mara. Luke would be very sore, very sore indeed.

Something tells me that Leia is about to get her feelings hurt. But that's is what happens when one jumps to conclusions.

Can't wait till Book 3.

18. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    WOW! This is amazing way to end it, with us left wondering what's going to happen. Good job and I can't wait until Book 3 comes out and happy easter! ^_^ (i Know it's not for another week, but I'm going away)

19. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    GreatOne: Now everybody is on their way to Lorrd! Hmm. The things that will happen when Leia finds out her brother married an assassin, AND WITHOUT WAITING FOR HER PERMISSION, EITHER!

You KNOW that Han is the only one who has to ask permission. LOL!

EDIT - I don't know why, but the "header" line on my computer does not show Completed 4/2! - I see that you have that at the beginning of your last post, but it does not show up on the "outside" board!

Oops! I know why -- because dummy me changed the subject line on the story post, but forgot to change the header on the first post. I wish there was an easier way than to have to keep going back to post #1, but anyway... Thanks for telling me. ;)

Reesie: Woo-Hoo Can't Wait!!

Sorry, but you'll have to wait. :D

JediArwen: It is a good thing that I will be ocuppied the next week and we will have a few days trip on Easter... And we plan to return just in time, April 12!

I figured lots of people will be busy next week (like me) so the time should go by fast.

And now they think Mara is with Luke for killing him.
    That?s where lies lead...

Right. If Luke and Mara had only told the truth about her from the beginning, there wouldn't be this mess. Though Leia would still be worried about him getting lost going to Lorrd.

That reminds me of a scene in one of Star Trek's films, where they returned to the past (our time) to bring a whale. I still remember the face of the young lady when that Klingon ship appeared in front of her in the park.

Oh, that's my favorite ST movie! It's Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. I love when Chekov is asking directions (in his Russian accent) to the 'nuclear wessel.' [face_laugh]

But farmboy is in a healing trance. I hope he will be awake before they all meet, because as soon as her highness sees her brother injured, she will try to skin Mara alive, I am afraid.

Don't worry, Luke gave Mara instructions to wake him as soon as they reach Lorrd.

RebelMom: All good things come to an end. Still I'm really looking forward to Book 3.

Yep, then all of you 'haves' will be in the same boat as the 'have-nots.' :D

Going to hate the once a week post after being spoiled daily, but I'll survive.

If I didn't do that, I'd catch up with the unwritten chapters way too soon! Probably will anyway. ;)

Rivad_Bacar: Oh, just call it faith in true love...

Leia, Leia, Leia... have a little faith.

So you have faith, but Leia doesn't, huh? I'll put you in charge of changing her mind. (Just don't blast her with your X-wing.)

Wes_Janson: Methinks the sequel is gona ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a lot more optimistic than I am. :D

Stormtrooper_Shrink: Yes, you and everyone else has to wait. But think of these poor people who read Book 2 a year ago, and have been waiting ever since.

J_M_Bulldog: Now, when Leia calls the Lorrd authorities better now try to lock up Mara. Luke would be very sore, very sore indeed.

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that possibility. Too late now. ;)

Congrats on having The Other Half of Me reviewed in the March Fanfiction Newsletter! :D

ShortySC22 WOW! This is amazing way to end it, with us left wondering what's going to happen.

The pathetic part is that I'm not even sure how Bk 3 is going to end. [face_laugh]

Good job and I can't wait until Book 3 comes out and happy easter! ^_^

Happy Easter to you and everyone else, too. :D

20. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Feb 11, 2004
    Yes, you and everyone else has to wait. But think of these poor people who read Book 2 a year ago, and have been waiting ever since.

Err, ah, yes...

Well, they could have left off the suspense and read the whole thing when it was complete.

*curses herself for not doing that*

You are cruel..

21. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    That Jade woman could be plying all sorts of subversive atrocities on her brother.

Don't you just know it, Leia!

Great chapter. I can't wait for the next book.. It's gonna be great. :)

22. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I am one of the people who did read this story a Year ago and have been waiting for it to be continue so Please hurry back and post book 3.

Oh yeah and Book 1&2 really rocked.

23. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Congrats on having The Other Half of Me reviewed in the March Fanfiction Newsletter! Thanks. My reaction was :eek: and then :D It made my day.

24. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Mara watched with detached interest as Luke proceeded to explain, in the simplest layman's terms he could think of, the workings of the immense Quadex Kyromaster engine. The villagers were listening with the same rapt attention that Mara had witnessed numerous times in Rogue Squadron's maintenance bay. Men and their machines, she thought to herself. Some things never change, no matter where one lands in the galaxy.

LOL! So true. :p Though to be perfectly fair, Mara has a similar interest herself. Just not quite so much as Luke, perhaps. :p

"Not anymore. I hooked them back up when I fixed the hyperdrive."

Mara made a renewed study of her instruments. He'd actually defied the New Republic military to allow her control of the ship, and had done so before their relationship had taken the drastic turn that it did.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

"Luke's a big boy. Maybe we should let him get out of trouble on his own for once."

"Han!" Leia's big brown eyes flashed with irritation.

Han has a point, Leia . . .

"Luke may already be there by then." Leia bit her lower lip nervously. That Jade woman could be plying all sorts of subversive atrocities on her brother.

*giggles* Yes, all sorts. Poor Luke. :p

Yep, then all of you 'haves' will be in the same boat as the 'have-nots.'

Except me! :D :D :D :D :D

Okay, that's my big chunk of beta gloating. I'll try to contain myself once Book 3 actually starts. Maybe. [face_mischief]

25. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    [i"Luke may already be there by then." Leia bit her lower lip nervously. That Jade woman could be plying all sorts of subversive atrocities on her brother.
    [/i]

Well, she DID take his honor sorta......

But he didnt exactly play hard to get :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.