main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Journey of Discovery-Bk.2: Pledge (L/M, H/L, OC's) Completed 4/2/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marai_Jade

Marai_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2004
    Well, that's one way to keep a person hooked. :) Way to leave us wanting more. I'll be here when the third one comes out. If you want, you can PM me. Great job! :D

UP!!!!!

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Bad Gabri. No beta gloating allowed. ;)

3. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *is still gleefully unrepentant*

:D :D :D :D :D

*runs*

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Stormtrooper_Shrink: Well, they could have left off the suspense and read the whole thing when it was complete.

That really would've been a test of Jedi patience!

Kazzy: That Jade woman could be plying all sorts of subversive atrocities on her brother.

Don't you just know it, Leia!

And her brother is enjoying every minute of it. [face_laugh]

Jeditheskyisblue: I am one of the people who did read this story a Year ago and have been waiting for it to be continue so Please hurry back and post book 3.

I'll hurry as fast as my old bones can carry me. ;)

Oh yeah and Book 1&2 really rocked.

Thanks. [face_blush]

J_M_Bulldog: Congrats on having The Other Half of Me reviewed in the March Fanfiction Newsletter! Thanks.

It is a good story, and deserves the recognition.

Gabri_Jade: Though to be perfectly fair, Mara has a similar interest herself. Just not quite so much as Luke, perhaps.

:D Yes, she does like a good starship engine. For a good present, nothing beats parts for her ship.

"Luke's a big boy. Maybe we should let him get out of trouble on his own for once."

"Han!" Leia's big brown eyes flashed with irritation.

Han has a point, Leia . . .

But everyone has been clamoring for H&L to come back into the story. Besides, Han still has to ask Luke for his sister's hand in marriage. [face_laugh]

Okay, that's my big chunk of beta gloating. I'll try to contain myself once Book 3 actually starts. Maybe.

Should I point out that I've had a different beta for each book? The reputation of Book 3 rests on your shoulders. LOL!

Wes_Janson: Well, she DID take his honor sorta......

Yes, that Jade woman stole our poor boy's innocence. ;)

But he didnt exactly play hard to get

Would you?

Marai_Jade: I'll be here when the third one comes out. If you want, you can PM me. Great job!

I'll try to remember to do so. But I'm aiming for sometime on April 12.

RebelMom: Bad Gabri. No beta gloating allowed.

She is enjoying it, isn't she. :p

I hope you read my reply to you above, Gabri. You can run, but you can't hide. :D

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Besides, Han still has to ask Luke for his sister's hand in marriage.

You're enjoying waving that one in front of the H/Lers, aren't you? Evil, evil author . . . [face_devil] :p

Should I point out that I've had a different beta for each book? The reputation of Book 3 rests on your shoulders.

LOL! Hey, I just polish. You do the writing. :p I don't think your reputation or that of JoD is in any danger, though. :D

6. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    OOh nice ending, so Leia\Han and Lando get to be there for the third! Love how they want to protect him from Mara. lol. Eagerly waiting the next one!

7. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Gabri_Jade: You're enjoying waving that one in front of the H/Lers, aren't you? Evil, evil author . . .

At least I only torment Han emotionally, not physically ... yet. [face_devil]

padawan lunetta: OOh nice ending, so Leia\Han and Lando get to be there for the third! Love how they want to protect him from Mara. lol.

Don't forget Chewie, too. He even has a few lines. ;)

8. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    But everyone has been clamoring for H&L to come back into the story. Besides, Han still has to ask Luke for his sister's hand in marriage - grrrrrrrrrr...

9. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Here's a snippet to tide you over until Monday. :D

There was another pause, then the military-sounding voice returned. "We have an incoming transmission on a New Republic channel for Commander Skywalker. Rerouting now."

"Luke?" a familiar voice crackled onto the line.

"No, this is Mara Jade, Your Highness," Mara said in exasperation. [i]Blazing stars ? keeping tabs on little brother already![/i]

"I want to talk to Luke."

Mara made sure her sigh was loud enough to be heard over the comm. "Hold on. I'll have to rouse him back to consciousness."

"What?!"

[hr]

See you all on Monday.

[b][color=blue]HAPPY EASTER!!![/color][/b]

10. Reesie

Reesie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    LOL Can't Wait! This is gonna be great!

11. Marai_Jade

Marai_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2004
    Mara made sure her sigh was loud enough to be heard over the comm. "Hold on. I'll have to rouse him back to consciousness."

"What?!"

haha, I can just imagine the look on Leia's face right now. :D Can't wait for Monday!

12. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003

"What?!"

LOL! I'll bet Leia's jaw is on the floor of the Falcon. And, I'll bet Han's wondering where a holocam is at the moment. :p

Can't wait until Monday.

13. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Michele, I just want to say congratulations on a fantastic job on Books 1 & 2. I have been waiting so long for Book 3, but I don't worry a bit about it living up to my expectations, I'm sure it will exceed them. You are an awesome writer and I can't wait to see what happens when Leia and Han catch up with Luke and Mara. I expect plenty of fireworks! :D

You've made us laugh, cry, sigh, scream at our computer monitors in frustration...I can only imagine that Book 3 will be more of the same!

I loved the sneak peek! That was awesome, although I doubt Mara would be teasing like that if she knew what Leia and company were thinking about her. [face_laugh] ;)

Can't wait for the conclusion to this amazing story...

:) :) :)

14. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Great sneak peek! Is Leia still alive?

15. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Is she ALIVE??? Rule Number #1 - No killing off the Big Three! :D :D :D

16. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Rule Number #1 - No killing off the Big Three!

Uh, excuse me, Ms. Hypocrite, didn't you just break that rule in your latest story by killing off 2/3's of the Big Three?! :eek: ;)

So what if you resurrected them...you still gave us all a heart attack! [face_laugh] :D

17. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Yay a sneak peak I can't wait for Monday.

18. MJSLSBS

MJSLSBS Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2003
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR BOOK THREE. I GOT SICK OF WAITING FOR THE REST OF BOOK TW0- I WAS TOO IMPATIATION- I WENT TO YOUR NET SITE. SURE YOUR NOT AN ENGLISH TEACHER YOUR WRITING IS SO GOOD?

MJSLSBS

19. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    I didn't think I'd have replies just for that teeny, tiny preview! :D

Reesie: LOL Can't Wait! This is gonna be great!

Just cross your fingers that I don't have any computer troubles on Monday! My sons are both going to be here this weekend, and it's never good when they start messing with the computer. ;)

Marai_Jade: haha, I can just imagine the look on Leia's face right now.

Terrified would be an understatement. Hehehehe

J_M_Bulldog: LOL! I'll bet Leia's jaw is on the floor of the Falcon. And, I'll bet Han's wondering where a holocam is at the moment.

Maybe Han has security vids installed in the cockpit, to make sure no one messes with his beloved Falcon. ;)

kayladie97: Title: Winner: V. Day Love Letter Challenge (The Saga)

And you're complimenting MY writing? :D Thanks anyway. I'm glad one of us isn't worried about Book Three. :) Yes, there will be some fireworks.

I loved the sneak peek! That was awesome, although I doubt Mara would be teasing like that if she knew what Leia and company were thinking about her.

I don't know. Mara's the type that might tease that much more.

169 days til the OT on DVD

Now THIS I can't wait for! I will be waiting for the doors to open that morning, at whichever store has it the cheapest!

Stormtrooper_Shrink: Great sneak peek! Is Leia still alive?

Passed out, maybe, but still alive. ;)

GreatOne: Is she ALIVE??? Rule Number #1 - No killing off the Big Three!

I second kayladie's reply to this! You shouldn't kill them off even temporarily. [face_laugh]

Jeditheskyisblue: Yay a sneak peak I can't wait for Monday.

Neither can anyone else, apparently. :D

MJSLSBS: SURE YOUR NOT AN ENGLISH TEACHER YOUR WRITING IS SO GOOD?

No, but I did minor in English in college, if that counts. Though that was a long, long time ago, so that's why I'm glad to find good betas like Gabri, to catch all my mistakes. :)

Four days and counting... ;)

20. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Maybe Han has security vids installed in the cockpit, to make sure no one messes with his beloved Falcon. [face_laugh] Wouldn't doubt it :p

21. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002

"What?!"

And then Leia fainted!!! :D

A great peek Michele[/]! Just have me hooked, wanting more!

It's a good thing I am leaving tomorrow morning and return on Monday. The trip surely distact me from this! ;)

HAPPY EASTER! :)

22. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Hah! That teaser makes me laugh so hard.

Anyway, I'll hopefully reply a bit more extensively on the next one, but I just did a read of books one and two today and I have to say, oh my sweet goodness you are such a wonderful writer and person.

Now, to go to sleep like I promised I would do two hours ago...

23. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    There was another pause, then the military-sounding voice returned. "We have an incoming transmission on a New Republic channel for Commander Skywalker. Rerouting now."

"Luke?" a familiar voice crackled onto the line.

"No, this is Mara Jade, Your Highness," Mara said in exasperation. Blazing stars ? keeping tabs on little brother already!

"What?!"

LOL, see Leia this is what happens to suspicious people! They start jumping to conclusions.

24. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    J_M_Bulldog: Maybe Han has security vids installed in the cockpit, to make sure no one messes with his beloved Falcon. Wouldn't doubt it

I'm sure he at least dusts for fingerprints on a regular basis. [face_laugh]

JediArwen: And then Leia fainted!!!

Good thing Han is there to catch her. ;)

It's a good thing I am leaving tomorrow morning and return on Monday. The trip surely distact me from this!

In that case, by the time you read THIS reply, the whole chapter will be up.

TheCrazyRodian: You read all of One and Two in a single day?! No wonder you're known as a crazy Rodian. [face_laugh] Welcome, and hope you enjoy the last part of the saga as well. :D

Kazzy: LOL, see Leia this is what happens to suspicious people! They start jumping to conclusions.

Leia and co. have certainly jumped high in that department, though they're not so far off the mark.

And remember, Kazzy, everyone is on their way to a new planet, where there'll be a whole new set of 'angry natives.' [face_laugh]

25. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    I love the fact that Mara has to call her sister-in-law "your Highness". I wonder how Leia would react if Mara calls her "sis" after Leia learns about the marriage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.