main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Journey of Discovery - Book 3: Prism (L/M, H/L, OC's) Completed! - Epilogue - 8/11/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wow, I get a 'God Bless' and am compared to an angel. And right after coming home from church, too. :) Already begging for more stories, Suzi? It will be strictly vignettes, if anything. This Journey wiped me out.

On that note, I guess I surely have to post the chapter as a Thank You.

Yes, this is the last chapter of Prism. I'm working on a short Epilogue to the series, set a few years in the future, which I'll post on this thread as soon as I get it finished. Give me at least a week or so.

I can't make baklavas, so how about chocolate chip cookies, Red Velvet cake, and Dr. Pepper to my faithful readers. All your wonderful comments have kept me going on this tale.

And I can't forget to especially thank Gabri_Jade for her invaluable help in betaing Prism, and her advice on Pendulum and Pledge when I posted them here. @};- [:D]

Thanks so much, everyone!!! :D :D :D

[b]Chapter Sixteen[/b]

"You three look like you're about to go before a firing squad." Slouching against a bulkhead, Han shook his head at Leia, Luke, and Mara, all clustered around the dejarik table in the [i]Millennium Falcon[/i]'s hold. "Hard to believe I'm the only one here without any deep dark secrets to reveal."

Mara gave an unbelieving snort. "With your smuggling background?"

Han waved a hand dismissively. "Ah, they know all about my past," he said with a lazy grin. "All the pertinent parts, anyway. It's what makes me so endearing to them."

"Are you sure we have to report to Mon Mothma immediately?" Luke asked. "Can't we at least?"

"She said immediately, Luke," Leia returned, rubbing her forehead wearily. "The Inner Council will be waiting as soon as we land."

"But you're on the Inner Council," Luke pointed out unnecessarily.

Leia shook her head. "General Rieekan has been standing in for me during my absence. He's agreed to stay on a few more days."

"You shouldn't have told them you needed to talk to them right away," Han said. "Or at least that you had a matter to discuss other than Lorrd."

"Quit reminding me," Leia said, a touch of irritation in her voice. "But I've been living with this guilt since Endor, and it will almost be a relief to come clean."

"You have no reason to feel guilty, Leia," Luke disagreed. "There's no way anyone can hold us accountable for the choices our father made."

"No, but some people will use our relationship to Darth Vader as an excuse to discredit us. They will spread rumors and outright lies just to ruin our reputations. Some may even suggest that we'll turn to the dark side also."

"She's right, you know, Luke," Mara said. "The political backstabbing may not be as prevalent in the New Republic as it was in the Empire, but it does exist."

"Only Rieekan, Ackbar, and Mon Mothma will be at this meeting, right?" Han asked. "So you only tell those three, and leave it at that for now. I don't see any need to announce dear ol' dad's identity to the entire galaxy."

"I suppose," Leia said slowly. "Though eventually it's bound to come out."

"That'll just give you time to come up with a game plan, plus more time to demonstrate what do-gooders you two are," Han said with a snort. He nodded his head toward the cockpit. "You know Lando and Chewie can be trusted."

"The question is, what are we telling them about me?" Mara glanced sideways at her husband. "Dancer or assassin?"

"I don't like continuing to lie," Luke murmured, his head cupped in his palms, elbows resting on the tabletop.

"Would you like being a young widower?"

"Mara, they're not going to execute you."

Mara gave a long-suffering sigh. "Is it painful, having that much optimism stuffed inside your head?"

"We have to think positively," Leia said. "All Luke's persuasive arguments on Lorrd were valid. Half the Alliance is composed of Imperial defectors. Your case shouldn't be any different."

"I thought her being a dancer was partly true," Han put in. "One of those certain-point-of-view Jedi truths."

Luke fro

2. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    WOOHOO! First post!!

I've enjoyed this story so very much, and it was a perfect ending- so cute!! Good luck in the future and I"ll be looking forward to more from you! :)

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Mara gave a long-suffering sigh. "Is it painful, having that much optimism stuffed inside your head?"- LOL! Yup... that pretty much describes Luke! ;)

Well.... that chapter was worth the wait! :D :D - A perfect ending to a fantastic story!! Even Mon Mothma didn't give anyone a hard time, which is really amazing! Are you sure Luke didn't use the Force on her? :p

Oh... and I loved all the boys in the Rogue Squadron oogling Mara, and then they find out Luke married her! *snickers* at least they didn't have to wait as long to find out as Lando did! [face_devil]

=D= =D= =D=

4. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    It's over? :eek: Nooooo!!! It was one of the most beautiful things that I have ever read. It had all the parts of a story I love: romance, humor, drama, and action. You are an author of a rare caliber indeed. =D= I could go on but I'll get too mushy ;)

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Wohoo! Wonderful ending. I loved every bit of it. Mara's teasing the rogues, Luke's eternal optimism, the presents, putting all the titles in there at the end. *Round of applause* =D= @};-

6. Deja_Vu

Deja_Vu Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    There's an end?

*sniffles* I was hoping it would go on forever....

That was a very wonderful journey of... erm... discovery. ;)

I very much enjoyed this story, and I hope you keep on writing!!!! It was wonderful!!! If only things didn't have to end....

:D LOVED IT!

7. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Aw, that was absolutely a perfect ending! [face_love] I love the way Luke/Mara and Han/Leia were all getting more comfortable together.

"I don't like continuing to lie," Luke murmured, his head cupped in his palms, elbows resting on the tabletop.

Mara gave a long-suffering sigh. "Is it painful, having that much optimism stuffed inside your head?"

I can SO picture Luke sitting there like that! :p And that's a perfect Mara retort, all sharp and sarcastic, but underneath you can tell she's worried and apprehensive.

And you brought back the green dress! I can just imagine that picture, Mara sauntering across the room and all the guys, including Luke, staring at her, mouths hanging open. I was laughing out loud when she plopped down on Luke's lap and then when he sniffed her breath to see if she'd been drinking! [face_laugh]

I love the presents to Luke and Mara from Han and Leia, especially Luke's...just perfect! (Yes, I know I'm using that word a lot, but it's TRUE!! :D )

[face_laugh] Loved Leia yanking Han back down to his seat when he tried to leave and reminding him who he was getting shackled to!

His relationship with Mara had been like a pendulum, and he pledged silently to himself that he would never, ever, let her swing out away from him again.

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful how you worked the names of the other two books in there at the end. :) Honestly, this has been one of the most amazing stories that I've ever read. Funny, exciting, touching, sweet and sad all at once. You are a fantastic author, Michele, and I want to give you my sincere thanks for sharing your lovely imaginings with the rest of us. I can't wait for the epilogue and whatever else the bunnies give to you to share with us!

On a side note, can you tell me if it feels as wonderful as I imagine to have finally finished this thing? Cause right now, I feel like Sleight of Hand is NEVER gonna be done! :( :rolleyes:

8. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    That was a perfect ending, though :( that it is over. I love this story.

I loved that Mara was teasing the Rogues. And that the government accepted her and and Luke and Leia's past.

The presents were sweet and fit them so well. And he got her a ring, a very beautiful ring. Awww. [face_love]

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Standing ovation for a beautiful ending.

9. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Bravo,=D= wonderful, perfect, awesome, delightful, terrific. WOW!

I loved Mara's little teasing with the Rogues. It was so funny, I could almost see their faces when Mon Mothma made the announcement. LOL

The dress was a perfect tie in to the first story.
    The gift Leia and Han gave them, the Prism and the butterfly are the perfect way to wrap up this story. And the best part was the ring Luke gave her and the pledge to never let the pendelum swing so far away again. You wrapped everything up in a nice package.
    The best ending to a trilogy I have ever read.
    I can't wait for the Epilogue.

I will happily read any other stories, long or short, that you write. Please keep writing and posting.

I'm kinda sad that it is over though. I'm going to miss this story. :(

=D= [:D]

*green_eyes*

10. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Wow...

This was one of the most awesome series that I've ever read! You wrote these so well!

Well, thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome story for us! I loved it! :D [face_love]

And a nice, happy, feel-good ending too... :D

=D=

God bless!

-Malz

11. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Hi Michele!

:) :) :) :) :)

Excellent! Bravo! Well, Kathy has used so many times the word perfect, so I must find other adjectives... ;)

[face_laugh]

Mara never keeps her words... Always hits target!

"I suppose tomorrow you'll want to file your documentation," Leia said, ignoring Han's jibe and glancing at her brother.

"My what?"

"Your marriage documents." Leia frowned at Luke's worried look. "You didn't lose your datacard, did you?"

No data documentation! Leia could have them married again and she could find any annoying tradition of every planet in the galaxy to get her revenge... [face_devil]
    But... she is NOT married and Mara could have returned the favour... :D

But Luke paid little heed to the astonished murmurs of his comrades. His eyes were riveted on his wife, and her curve-hugging shimmersilk dress ? the one with the emerald sparkles that perfectly matched her brilliant eyes, the one that he'd pressured her to not discard when they'd traveled through Coruscant's underground. :D

The return of the dress! Or perhaps the revenge of the dress? I remember the scenes with the problems they had concerning her dress or her shoes... Good use of it! I can see the rogues with their jaws hitting floor... And her whole performance... [face_mischief] I am sure they would feel very jealous of their Boss when they found out that she was already taken... ;)

"Hmmm..." Mara put one finger to her lips in thought. "Let me see ..." She slowly glanced around the table. "I believe I see an open lap right here." Mara pushed Luke into the nearest chair, then unceremoniously plopped onto his lap. As she crossed her shapely legs, causing her skirt to hike up, Luke nonchalantly let one arm fall to cover her thighs. "And how about you, Commander? Have you told your fellow Rogues what a naughty boy you've been while you were away?" [face_laugh]

I am surprised farmboy didn't faint...

Han/Leia's presents are perfect. The whole meaning of the butterfly and the prism is a brilliand idea. I love it! [face_love]

"Hey, I'm just glad that I won't be the only one shackled ... I mean, bonded to a life of wedded bliss," Han said with a wink to Luke.

"Nerfherder," Leia mumbled under her breath, shaking her head. "You two had better make your exit while you can," she continued, unobtrusively gesturing to a group of diplomats heading their way. "Not you," she said sharply, pulling Han back down when he tried to rise. "You're shackled to me, remember?"
    :rolleyes:

Han, dear, you might be a Corellian but you should have learn till now: Never mess up with an Alderaanian princess. Especially one with a tendency to Corellian scoundrels. She certainly knows how to handle them! [face_devil]

"Oh, Luke!" she exclaimed, letting the now empty case fall into his hand as she held the precious surprise. He gently pried the object from her grasp, and slipped it onto her finger. Mara held out her hand, admiring her new gift with speechless awe ? a delicate gold band with an emerald and a sapphire embedded in its top. [face_love]

So Mara got he ring after all!

Distant strains of music echoed into the room, and falling into a comfortable embrace, the couple swayed gently to the soothing melody. His eyes tightly squeezed shut, Luke savored this moment. His relationship with Mara had been like a pendulum, and he pledged silently to himself that he would never, ever, let her swing out away from him again.

I'll have to lend Kathy's word! Perfect, dear, just perfect.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

I want to thank you for this wonderfull story. I can wait for the Epilogue till September and I am going to read everything you are going to write, short or long.

Perhaps some missing scenes, as a more detailed report to the inner council? All those surprises Skywalkers have thrown to them deserve more light. Or some sequel scenes as H/L's wedding?

12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    It's so hard to believe we've come to the end of this story. *sniffles*

Han waved a hand dismissively. "Ah, they know all about my past," he said with a lazy grin. "All the pertinent parts, anyway. It's what makes me so endearing to them."

So, so Han. :D

ROTFLOL!!! The whole exchange is beautiful, but that last line is so perfect, it's amazing. :D

"I thought her being a dancer was partly true," Han put in. "One of those certain-point-of-view Jedi truths."

Luke frowned at Han's flippant remark, but didn't refute it.

*grins* Luke had better just learn to deal with that particular aspect of being a Jedi. Ben was right, after all. [face_mischief]

"You think it will bruise my ego, to be described as a mere puppet," Mara said matter-of-factly. "But that's exactly what I was."

Beautiful depiction of Mara's pragmatism, Michele, and very accurate. In the EU, it was learning that she had only been a puppet that really fueled Mara's change of heart. Any resentment she felt over it didn't translate to embarrassment on her part, but betrayal on the Emperor's.

I wonder if Ben felt this guilty when he was telling me how Darth Vader murdered my father, or Owen and Beru when they were saying that my father was a navigator on a freighter. Probably so.

I love that. I hadn't thought of it that way before, and it's probably perfectly true. Obi-Wan, Owen, and Beru were all in very difficult circumstances, and probably felt very guilty on numerous occasions.

Luke's last bit of news to the Council, however, came as a shock to even Han and Leia. He submitted his official resignation from the New Republic military, painstakingly written, with Mara's help, during the trip back to Coruscant. Luke wasn't really sure why he hadn't confided in Leia about his career plans. Perhaps it was a fear that Leia would try to talk him out of it, in order to keep him close by. Perhaps it was merely the notion that he wanted at least one confidence that he could share solely with his wife.

How sweet! I love that bit of independence on Luke's part. :)

A brief inquiry through the Force resulted in a terse suggestion that he surely had better things to do than worry about how long she took to get ready.

LOL! [face_laugh]

Luke didn't have to follow Wes' gawking stare to know who had just entered, but he was glad he did. His heart skipped a beat as Mara reached the floor. The crowd parted as if by magic as Mara sauntered across the floor with the air of an empress.

Hee hee! That's my girl! Show 'em what you can do, Mara. :D [face_batting] :cool:

But Luke paid little heed to the astonished murmurs of his comrades. His eyes were riveted on his wife, and her curve-hugging shimmersilk dress ? the one with the emerald sparkles that perfectly matched her brilliant eyes, the one that he'd pressured her to not discard when they'd traveled through Coruscant's underground.

*grins madly* Perfect little bookend to Pendulum. Of course she had to wear that dress! ;)

"Hmmm..." Mara put one finger to her lips in thought. "Let me see ..." She slowly glanced around the table. "I believe I see an open lap right here." Mara pushed Luke into the nearest chair, then unceremoniously plopped onto his lap. As she crossed her shapely legs, causing her skirt to hike up, Luke nonchalantly let one arm fall to cover her thighs. "And how about you, Commander? Have you told your fellow Rogues what a naughty boy you've been while you were away?"

LOL! She's just too good. [face_batting]

Much to Luke's humiliation, she also didn't hesitate to explain in lurid detail to the Rogues just why she thought it best to limit Luke's intake at the bubbling fountain of Garwill

13. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    It's over? :eek: but I had so much fun reading it all! I'm going to miss this series. OOO! An epilogue - I'll be hanging for that! I can't wait :D

"But I've been living with this guilt since Endor, and it will almost be a relief to come clean." i can understand that. It would be very horrible to have Vader hanging over your head. Figuratively speaking! *shakes off mental image*

Loved the mental image of Mara at the ball. LOL. All those pilots with the jaws on the ground. [face_laugh] Actually the whole ball was wonderful! Lovely gifts.

:D :D :D

14. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Ohhhhhhh that was great!!

I'm glad the council took everything as well as they did. I'm sure they will still have Luke on retainer as they have in the past. or in the EU. . .

Mara knows how to stop the show, and ummm. . . Could Luke give my boyfreind some leasons on being romantic? Just you know, let me borrow him for about a week. Let Luke train him, bop him over the head a few times with a borrowed gimmer stick and whoop on him a few times with his lightsaber? ;)

Han and Leia were perfect!

did I hear something about an Epilouge? or was that it ??

15. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Miska: Yes, you got first post! :D And thanks. I have to take a small break from writing for awhile -- my house hasn't had a thorough cleaning in ages. ;)

GreatOne: Mara gave a long-suffering sigh. "Is it painful, having that much optimism stuffed inside your head?"- LOL! Yup... that pretty much describes Luke!

I thought all of you would like that line. Poor, sweet Luke. We all make fun of him. [face_laugh]

Even Mon Mothma didn't give anyone a hard time, which is really amazing! Are you sure Luke didn't use the Force on her?

If Mon Mothma had thrown a big fit, that would've necessitated even more chapters to be written. :p I thought it better to have Han & Leia hitched early on, before Hapes could show up bearing gifts and bridegrooms.

Thanks!

StarFighter5: It had all the parts of a story I love: romance, humor, drama, and action.

It was probably a little shaky on real action, but thanks for the vote of confidence. :D

RebelMom: I loved every bit of it. Mara's teasing the rogues, Luke's eternal optimism, the presents, putting all the titles in there at the end. *Round of applause*

Thanks! I did my best not to leave too many loose strings at the end (like the novels always do).

Deja_Vu: *sniffles* I was hoping it would go on forever....

*shudders at the thought of having to write on this story forever* :eek: After the epilogue, this journey will be in the history books. Thanks!

kayladie97: Hey, Kathy! [:D]

I can SO picture Luke sitting there like that! And that's a perfect Mara retort, all sharp and sarcastic, but underneath you can tell she's worried and apprehensive.

Luke is always easy to write, cause it's so easy to picture him in these scenarios.

And you brought back the green dress!

Gabri would've killed me if I hadn't. She was holding it over my head as payment for betaing. I might have forgotten all about the dress if it wasn't for her, so she's the one you should thank. ;)

Loved Leia yanking Han back down to his seat when he tried to leave and reminding him who he was getting shackled to!

I didn't get as much H&L into this chapter as I would've liked, but it was a M/L romance, after all, so had to give them the spotlight.

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful how you worked the names of the other two books in there at the end.

I had that in mind from the beginning. Kind of like now the story has come full circle.

On a side note, can you tell me if it feels as wonderful as I imagine to have finally finished this thing? Cause right now, I feel like Sleight of Hand is NEVER gonna be done!

Oh, it is such an unbelievable relief! Like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I'm not even worried about the epilogue -- it's 3/4 finished already. I started writing Pendulum in the year 2000, and it feels like it's dominated my life ever since. Way too long for a story whose plotline only spans about 3-4 months. I must have been insane for starting such a monstrosity of a story.

Don't worry, you'll get SoH finished someday, and then you can enjoy this euphoria, too! :D

J_M_Bulldog: I loved that Mara was teasing the Rogues. And that the government accepted her and and Luke and Leia's past.

Considering that they still don't know everything about Mara's past, and only the three council members so far know about L&L's heritage, things still could go downhill. (NO, I will not be writing any sequels covering those areas). Even the pro books never cover adequately people's reactions to all those revelations.

Thanks! Now I can devote my time to reading other people's great stories, like yours. ;)

green_eyes: Thanks! You people were overdoing it on adjectives. [face_laugh]

The dress was a perfect tie in to the first story.

Like I said, my beta never would've let me forget the dress. ;)

I will happily read any othe

16. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    After seeing The Village, the planet that Luke and Mara landed on reminds me of it... ;) :p

God bless!

-Malz

17. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    you know me I just slip in, post and leave ;)

man that post of mine seemed to be profetic, ;) that night I went over to dinner at said boyfreinds only to find a Card, carnations and a box of chocolates . . .

:: glomps BF::
    ;) Thanks Luke !! and Jedi 2B ;)

18. Xzar-Teel

Xzar-Teel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    I have just spent most of my day reading this post and checking out your work on your website, and I have to say that this is by far some of the best work I had read, anywhere!!!

Kudos, Jedi 2-B!! You have truly set raised the bar for all of us aspiring SW authors!!

I don?t know what kind of formal instruction you?ve had but the ebb and flow of your dialogue and the fluidity of your plot pacing is remarkable.

You really have a special touch with the romantic side of SW and it?s a side that is often overlooked in the EU.

You should point more of your followers towards your website and share the wealth! Good luck and I can?t wait to see where you go from here.

19. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    I thought I'd already responded to this...

Oh well. Whatever.

Loved Rogue Squadron's reactions! Like Lando and Jayce--Oops! [face_laugh]

And Luke gave Mara a ring! [face_love] That's adorable.

Excellent last chapter! =D=

But... It's over!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Except for the epilogue. (Involving... What? Luke and Mara's kids? Hope so.)

Happily (and slightly impatiently) awaiting the epilogue!

20. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Malz4JESUS: After seeing The Village, the planet that Luke and Mara landed on reminds me of it...

Since I haven't seen The Village, I'll take your word for it. ;)

maramijade: See, maybe you put a Force whammy on him without realizing. [face_laugh]

Xzar-Teel: Wow, thanks for the compliments. [face_blush] Though I know there are much better authors around these parts than me.

I don?t know what kind of formal instruction you?ve had but the ebb and flow of your dialogue and the fluidity of your plot pacing is remarkable.

Formal instruction? On writing? Zero. I simply picture the characters in my head, and put down what sounds logical for how they would talk.

You really have a special touch with the romantic side of SW and it?s a side that is often overlooked in the EU.

I will agree with the last part of your statement. Romance gets very little screen time in the EU, even scenes which ought to be much more romantic (i.e. Luke's proposal to Mara). Maybe I concentrate more on that aspect because I'm so poor at writing action scenes. I'm sure you noticed there are no space battles in any of my stories, and very few saber duels, etc.

You should point more of your followers towards your website and share the wealth!

I think you just did. [face_laugh] If not, website's listed in my bio, folks.

Thanks again!

Darth_Suzi: Loved Rogue Squadron's reactions! Like Lando and Jayce--Oops!

With the 'boss' sitting right there, the Rogues couldn't be quite so brazen.

And Luke gave Mara a ring! That's adorable.

No, couldn't let Luke get away with not giving her a ring. ;)

Except for the epilogue. (Involving... What? Luke and Mara's kids? Hope so.)

You'll just have to wait and find out. [face_whistling]

Thanks!

21. leandrastar2000

leandrastar2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2004
    Just finished reading book 3 and what a story it was.

How about those Lorrdian names. What a mouth full. I know the names of all 150 students at the elementary school where I work. Man it gives me a headache to even think about learning 150 names like the Lorrdians have. Also, the Lorrdians come off somewhat arrogant in that opening scene.

I love all of those banter scenes between Luke and his friends and that conversation about marriage between Han and Luke was priceless.

That scene between Luke and Leia where she confides in him her uncertainty about marriage at this time in her life was so sweet. I love those tender brother/sister moments in any story. Makes them seem more human.

"Sweetheart," Han said, "something tells me it won't be long before you'll be the one lifting really big rocks."

"Nah," Lando countered with a wink. "She'll just order the rocks to rise up, and they won't even think about disobeying."

Lando ducked.

Han cringed.

And Leia - even one-handed - demonstrated that she didn't need the Force to make objects fly.

This was so hilarious. I can just picture Lando trying to ward off the many objects flying at his head.

It was very touching that Leia asked Mara if she would be the one to teach her the ways of the Force.

I loved Mara's teasing of the Rogues right before they all learned of her marriage to Luke. You could feel the sexual tension through the computer screen. :D

I have absolutely loved this trilogy of stories. Each one was better than the one before and each one had its priceless moments of humor, seriousness, and angst.

I would love to see a continuation of this story line. Maybe get to see the children of these two dynamic couples. Maybe even see how Luke and Mara go about reestablishing the Jedi Order.

Excellent Job!!!! Bravo!!!! =D= =D= =D=

I am going to PM this to you so I will know you saw it. Keep up the excellent work.

22. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Awesome, Jedi-2B! The whole thing!

Though my favorite parts were when they were trapped on the backwater planet! :D

Excellent story!

23. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    leandrastar2000: How about those Lorrdian names. What a mouth full.

They are a mouthful. I patterned them after the name of the Lorrdian woman that Han meets in Han Solo's Revenge.

I love those tender brother/sister moments in any story.

I do too. I can see them having as many brother/sister chats as they can, since they missed so much not growing up together.

It was very touching that Leia asked Mara if she would be the one to teach her the ways of the Force.

I thought it served as a final proof that Leia has accepted Mara into the family.

I loved Mara's teasing of the Rogues right before they all learned of her marriage to Luke. You could feel the sexual tension through the computer screen.

Well, I never thought of it that way, but glad it worked for you! ;)

I would love to see a continuation of this story line. Maybe get to see the children of these two dynamic couples. Maybe even see how Luke and Mara go about reestablishing the Jedi Order.

For now, you'll just have to settle for the epilogue, which hopefully will appear sometime next week. I'm about storied out on this fic. So everyone will just have to use their imagination to flesh out all the gaps after that. Thanks for your comments! :D

Jaded_Girl: Though my favorite parts were when they were trapped on the backwater planet!

That was outside the realm of the usual SW stories, I admit. It conveniently fit in with my aversion to writing about techno-babble situations. ;)

Thanks!

24. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    It was probably a little shaky on real action, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Nah, you're just saying that. You're too modest.

25. Jedi-2B

Nov 2, 2000
    Thanks, StarFighter5. Though I still maintain that action scenes are not my strong suit. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.