main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A KALEIDOSCOPE OF ILLUSIONS - AU - Poss. EP III Spoiler- H/L Luke, etc. Complete 5/8/- answ. 5/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GreatOne, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    Wonderful Job GreatOne!!!

The ending was so great. I read the whole thing with a goofy grin on my face. You need to e-mail this to EU authors and gloat about how, in one story, you fixed everything they messed up :D :D :D

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great job as always, GreatOne!

I really loved the ending and how Han actually got to stay there and make his life a whole lot better. It was also great to see that Chewie and Anakin were still alive. Nice job! :)

Although, I'm still curious on who it was that sent Han back in the first place... [face_mischief] Oh well, maybe those things are better left a mystery. ;)

And now...I'll be anxiously awaiting your next one... :D

3. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Bravo! Great job! Awesome story, GreatOne! I loved the ending, and, of course, the whole story. I would say more, but there are too many great things to say about your story! Thank you for giving it a happy ending! :D :D :D

4. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Sorry I haven't been around - exams, and not being able to hog the computer for long enough. :p But muchas gratias for including me on your readers list. [face_blush]

Perhaps the first time around had been the real illusion all along.

YEAH! Genius, I tell you! The perfect ending. :D

Great story . . . all of it . . . and yeah, to quote, Well Done. :D

Nem :)

5. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    VaderLVR64 - I wouldn't want to tell Mara when to procreate either! - LOL! That would be very awkward.. :p

Kazzy - He's added something like 30 years to his life!! - And look how long he's been married to Leia! [face_laugh]

Jedi-2B - And then you make them be engaged for TWO years before marrying. - LOL!!! But notice... Leia didn't say NO! :p - Han just had to wait a little while! :) Apparently everyone had to be born still at the same time, hmmm? - Yup! Those precise genes had to match up! ;) Liked them squeezing in a daughter, tho, even if you did have them wait almost three years to get married. - Three years was NOTHING compared to the "official" EU World! [face_laugh]

Laura_Anu - I was so scared that something bad would happen in the end. - Nah... but I did have to write that evil viggie just to get it out of my system! [face_devil]

kayladie97 - although I don't know about Jaina/Jag...yuck! - I prefer Jag to Kyp, anyday! :D

darkladyhannasolo - Thank you! :D

QueenOfAces - I'm not really familiar with some of the characters. - Jag is Wedge's nephew. Wedge's sister married an Imperial pilot and Jag grew up in the Imperial Sector. Danni is a scientist and Jacen is too dense to figure out she likes him! *sighs* And Tahiri is a young Jedi girl. I don't really know much about her because I never read the Young Jedi books, and I think that's where she was introduced.- I still want to know who is pulling the strings - LOL! I didn't think it was that mysterious! It was just the Force wanting to correct all the destruction that had been inflicted upon the SW galaxy by those evil pro-authors...err...Vong! (or maybe the "deceased" Jedi that have become One with the Force got together and said... "Let's make this poor Solo guy fix everything! And if he makes a mistake, we'll just start him all over again! ) ...*those dead Jedi have a wicked sense of humor* :D

DarthMasan - Happy Birthday! :D Thanks for reading!

RogueSticks - Thank you, Sticksy, for not blowing up my story (too often!) ;)

Kab730 - Thanks for reading, Kab! :)

TiaRaye - And you have single-handedly fixed the EU! - hehe. I tried to make it happier! That NJO was really depressing! :eek:

StarForce - And Han got to live extra long! - I'm sure a few of those times he wished he wouldn't have! [face_laugh] - I'm glad you liked the ending, and most of my stories end happy! :)

RebelMom - I think it be neat to see the 30 years but that would make this a huge novel. - LOL! The "Moby Dick" of fanfic! Thank you for reading! :D

starsailor721 - You need to e-mail this to EU authors - I don't think they'd appreciate that! [face_laugh] - Thank you so much for reading!

HanSolo29 - It was also great to see that Chewie and Anakin were still alive - That was something I just HAD to fix! :cool: - As far as "who" sent Han back.. see the above answer to QueenOfAces question! I hope that explains it!

PrincessDaisy2 - I'm so glad you liked it! Thank you! :)

JediNemesis - Hope your exams went well.. (yuck, glad I'm out of school!) - :) - Thank you very much for reading!

6. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Or in other words, I just read this entire story in a single sitting. :p

You sure know how to play with a girl's emotions, don't you? :p

Highly enjoyable! :D

7. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Daughter_of_Yubyub - :eek: :eek: All at once!?? :eek: WOW! *gives cyber aspirin to Daughter_of_Yubyub for her headache and stiff neck!* LOL! Thanks for reading!!! :D :D

8. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    Congratulation!

I liked the ending very much. You saved us form the horrible YV sories. Thank you!

Zs.

9. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    zsuzsa - Thanks! I'm glad you liked the ending... see? I had everything end HAPPY too! :D

10. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    I KNEW IT!! I knew I'd come back too late, once your story was over... *sighs*
    I feel terrible I had to abandon you in the middle of your story, GreatOne.

I'll do my best to reply more in your next one. (unless you post it during the month of June because I'll have to leave once again then :( :_| )

Anyway nothing is better than a good fic to cheer yourself up :D
    I almost finished the first part of my exams and I'm exhausted. (But not enough not to catch up with the last chapters. ;) )

I truly, deeply love this story, especially the ending, since I HATE the NJO books.

Well, I'll stop now before I fall completely asleep in front of my computer.
    Good Night.

~Lelila :)

11. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    jedi-lelila - I HATE the NJO books. - Me too! I DETEST them! They were mostly about "author" created characters, the entire galaxy was basically destroyed, and they were just plain awful! I'm glad you liked my "revised" version! :D

12. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Aw, nice ending! This was x100 times better than the NJO crap!

13. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    Concerning NJO crap, read how I will handle the whole thing. It is a part of my AU story, that begins in ANH. When you hate NJO, you will be glad to read how I solved it....

You can find in in my profile under "Bio".

14. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Sock_of_Darth_Vader - I'm glad you liked the ending! I can do happy! Really!! :D

Tribun - When you hate NJO, you will be glad to read how I solved it.... :D - I haven't read too many comments on the fanfic boards from people that liked NJO. But a LOT of people over in the discussion thread seem to LOVE it for some odd reason. Well, they loved it until the last book anyway. The people over there liked the fact that NJO was getting rid of Luke, Leia and Han and writing all about the kids taking over, and the last book focused on the Big Three again, which was probably the only reason I liked the last book! [face_laugh] I'm glad there is fanfic, because I think I'll be avoiding purchasing anymore Del Rey SW books.

15. Watcher_of_Dreams

Watcher_of_Dreams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    Another great one by GreatOne. LOL! Just had to do that. YODA was hilarious! You literally had me ROFL! *Pokes Han for having attitude.* [face_laugh] VADER was the only sad part. You made me nearly cry at the part where he told them he had to sacrifice himself. :(

16. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I found this and read it today. I really enjoyed reading it.

17. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Watcher_of_Dreams - Thank you for reading my story! :D :D

StarFighter5 - Thanks! :) :) I'm glad you liked it!

18. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    I simply loved this story!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] And it had a happy end :p lool

Great job, GreatOne ;)

19. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    LaYa - AWWW... of course I had it end happy! GreatOne always (well...almost always...one or two evil viggies hardly counts) ends her stories happy! :D :D Thank you for reading!

20. ObiDeeKenobi

ObiDeeKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    great story - shame you had Yoda refuse to help out after Palpy was gone - in most stories of this type he does. By the way what would the initial new government be - Bail as Galactic President and Mon Mothma as Galactic Chancellor (rather then just the single position of Supreme Chancellor as in the original Republic

21. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    I suppose they would have elections, and I guess Bail COULD be the President... I never really thought about that... As long as a certain Bothan was kept out of the loop... *grins*

EDIT - I guess the reason I didn't have Yoda really help with the big showdown, was because I figured he was pretty old in this story - since he died of old age in ROTJ It would be difficult for him, at his age, to really do much by way of helping out.

22. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    This story was impressive, most impressive. I simply loved reading it and I am soo happy that it has a happy ending!

23. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Thank you, Jedi_of_Imladris! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.