main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Kaleidoscope of Memories: UDC3 Drabbles - Completed - author's thanks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by path-seeker, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Loving these! :D [:D]=D=[face_love]

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Week 15... rocked!

Spicy: May not be appropriate for the dinner table, but it was funny.

Sweet: Awwwww....

Sour: I want those techniques... [face_laugh]

Bitter: This one was my fave. Love Jaina's reaction to the very idea of Mara and Lando together, and yep... Luke was most assuredly in denial.

Rotten: Ben, you say that now...

Well done. :)

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Sour

Han took a large bite of an exotic fruit, and immediately wished he hadn?t. Its flavor was so bitingly sour that it took all his concentration just to keep his face from contorting. It would be entirely impolite to make such faces at a welcome banquet in their honor. Beside him, Leia seemed to be enjoying the Ithorian delicacy. She must have durasteel taste buds.

?That fruit is not meant for human consumption,? Han grumbled later in the privacy of their room. ?How did you manage to eat it without even cringing??

Leia smiled guiltily. ?I used pain suppression techniques.?

[face_laugh] =D=

4. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Loved all these about our favorite smuggler! [face_love] I don't know if I can pick a favorite- they were all wonderful... [face_thinking] "Sour" was pretty funny [face_laugh] and "bitter" was too. :p Loved them all! Fabulous job! [:D]@};-
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm catching up on my reading as well as my writing. These are great, path-seeker. You have a great ability to touch on small intimate moments.

I loved all of week 13, but Sunshine was a standout. I never thought about how dark space might seem to Luke especially in relation to the recent death of his aunt and uncle. Well done.

In week 14, Spies was my favorite. Mara's 'Please Don't' line brought a smile to my face.

Week 15 is fun stuff with Han. I really enjoyed bitter. 'Denial' indeed. :)

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Jaina nearly choked on her drink. ?Aunt Mara? And Lando? That would have never?? She paused. ?Where was Uncle Luke during all this??

?In denial.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Brilliant :D And Rotten was pretty hilarious too :

Awesome set!!

7. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Haha! Sour was great. I can just imagine that playing out. And "in denial" pretty much sums up Luke for awhile there.

Keep up the great work!

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    eep, I'm behind on replies again! I can't believe I missed 3 sets, though!! But what a great three sets they were. I really love your take on Han. The first two of the first set were terrfic in showing Luke during ANH, and how different his life would be off Tatooine. I love how Han kept telling him that he'd 'get used to it'. And I loved Luke building Ben a snow-droid! [face_love]

But I'd say my favorite was "Bitter". LOL!!

Great updates and thanks for the PM! :D

9. blurt

blurt Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2008
    Great little family moments (without Jacen, thankfully), I love Han with his daughter and Ben just being a kid!

10. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Jade_eyes: Thank you! :D

Myriad: Glad you're enjoying them. Thanks for reading!

Daena: Thank you! I don't think it would have ever occurred to Jaina that Lando took a fancy to Mara. I wanted to have Jaina say, "She'd kill him!" but I ran out of words. :p

VaderLVR64: The things the Force can be used for! Thanks for reading.

dancing_star: Thanks, I'm glad you liked them! Han is such fun to write - I hope I do him justice. :)

brodiew: The idea for Sunshine came from Anakin saying space is dark and cold in TPM, and Luke would experience the same. Thank you so much for all your feedback!

NYCitygurl: Thank you so much!

snowspeeder_gunner: I think everyone except Luke and Mara knew they were meant for each other LOL! Thanks for reading!

ginchy: Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed catching up on these. Luke did have a lot of adjusting to do, but Han would have been somewhat comforting, though maybe not intentionally. :)

blurt: Thanks for reading!

Thanks again, everyone. The next two sets should be up shortly. I'm determined to finish this challenge on time!

11. path-seeker

May 1, 2008
    Week 16: Parenting

Bridge

?Luke, you can turn the left engine on, but slowly,? Mara said, her voice projecting through the Shadow?s com system.

?Okay,? he replied, reaching for the lever. Before he had his hand on it, however, a distraught wail came from somewhere in the ship, and Luke winced, realizing belatedly that he?d let his son wonder off. He was about to leave the bridge when Ben ran in crying.

?What?s wrong, Ben? Did you hurt yourself??

Ben nodded. ?I want Momma,? he sobbed.

?She?s repairing the engines??

?Momma!? Ben cried louder this time.

?Shhhh,? Luke soothed. ?It?s alright, we?ll get her.?

Engine Room

By the time they reached the engine room, Ben?s cries had reduced to soft sobs, and since he didn?t seem to be in too much pain, Luke concluded that he was more scared than injured.

?That you, Skywalker? Why didn?t you ? ? Her question was cut off as soon as she saw her teary-eyed son. ?Ben, what happened??

He ran for her, and she gathered him into her arms. He didn?t say anything, but slowly held up his forearm, revealing an area of scraped skin.

Mara kissed his cheek reassuringly. ?Let?s get a bacta bandage. That?ll make it feel better.?

Sickbay

While Ben sat on the bed in the sickbay gingerly holding his arm, Mara dug through the storage compartments trying to find the special bacta patches she had gotten? the ones meant more for comfort than serious healing. She finally located the box and pulled out several brightly colored squares.

?What color do you want??

?Green.?

?Good choice,? she remarked with a smile, unwrapping the bacta patch. Ben didn?t even wince as she gently put it on the small scratch.

?There. Does it feel better?? she asked softly.

He nodded, and she wiped a few lingering tears from his face.

Corridor

Mara carried Ben out of the sickbay, his head resting on her shoulder. She walked slowly, cherishing the moment, knowing they?d become less frequent as he grew up.

When Ben began to get restless halfway through the Shadow?s long corridor, Mara gently put him down and knelt beside him. ?Ben, can you show me where you got hurt??

He took her hand and led her to a doorway further down the hall. ?In here,? he said soberly.

Mara frowned. ?You were able to get in??

?Uh huh.?

?We?ll have to talk to Daddy about that,? she replied, shaking her head.

Shuttle Bay

?Everything alright?? Luke asked as they joined him on the bridge.

Ben nodded, and Mara smiled. ?Everything?s fine, though I?m trying to figure out how Ben got into the shuttle bay.?

?The shuttle bay?" Luke?s eyes flashed guiltily between her and Ben. ?I turned around for a second, and the next thing I know he was crying.?

?Skywalker??

?I?m sorry I let him wander off.? He paused, looking thoughtful. ?I have much more respect for Han and Leia when things like this happen.?

When Mara frowned curiously, he continued, ?they raised three Force-sensitive kids, and they weren?t even Jedi masters.?

[i]This next set is an AU where Leia dies in LOTF instead of Mara.
    [/i]
    [b][i]Week 17: Post-LOTF AU[/b][/i]

[b]Head Over Heels[/b]

Jaina sat beside her father, watching him stare idly into space. When the silence was almost unbearable, Han finally spoke. ?The first time I saw your mother we were trapped on the Death Star, and she just grabbed a blaster and started firing.?

?Dad, you don?t have to talk about it??

?I know, but I want to, Sweetheart. It was that moment when I fell head over heels for her. She was smart, beautiful, and a fighter?? He shook his head. ?Against all odds she loved me back??

Jaina squeezed his hand. ?You?ve always been good at defying the odds.?

[b]Under the Weather[/b]

?Allana!? Jaina greeted her niece with a hug. ?You picked a good day to come. Dad ? Grandpa ? is feeling under the weather today, and it always cheers him up when you visit.?

?Is he alright?? Allana asked worriedly.

?I think so. He says he?s getting old, but I think he just misses your grandma.?

Allana nodded in u

12. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Wow, those were great!

The first set was so cute- and I loved how Luke thought of what it must have been like for Han and Leia.

And speaking of Han and Leia, the second set was so sad! The last one especially.

Keep up the great work!

13. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Aww, I love that little Ben wanted his Momma when he had a scrape that needed some TLC! And poor Luke. LOL! It is a lot easier to judge parents when you don't have kids of your own! hee.

And how sad to think of a galaxy without Leia. It's interesting to read the differences there could be if she had been the one to die instead. I love how you wrote Han, and "Bite Your Tongue" is just so very sad.

Excellent updates!

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    The first set made me smile. And then the second set... :_|

Great work! =D=

15. Weasleby

Weasleby Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2009
    I love how Han could talk about Leia without breaking down, good ole Han!
    The Mara and Ben moments were amazing, so sweet!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Week 16--oh, path-seeker, mommy Mara is just. too. marvelous!!!!! :* :* :*

Week 17--very moving set.

Thank you so much for writing these!!!

Mega huggles!!!!

17. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Week 16: Awwwww... Ben getting hurt and Mara being a momma. So, so good. (Come to think of it, I have a healthy respect for Han and Leia, too...)

Week 17: wow... it's bittersweet for Han, isn't it? Awesome set and thank you for letting us see that AU.

Well done, path-seeker. :)

18. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Week 16: Awwwww. [face_love] Too cute!! And very, very well done! :)
    Week 17: Oh, that last one...:_| :_| They were all so good! =D=
    Fabulous as always!! [:D]@};-

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    :_| :_| Week 17 was so sad!! Poor Han :(

Week 16 was cite, especially the last line :p

20. path-seeker

May 1, 2008
    Thanks for reading, everyone!

snowspeeder_gunner: Glad you liked them! Thank you. :)

ginchy: Thanks!! It was fun exploring Mara's motherly side.

VaderLVR64: Thank you!

Weasleby: Thanks for stopping in, and welcome to the boards. :)

Jade_eyes: Glad you liked mommy Mara. Thanks for reading!

DaenaBenjen42: Yes, to have Mara alive but Han so distraught is bittersweet, and I'm glad that showed here. Thank you. :)

dancing_star: Thank you so much!

NYCitygurl: Thank you. It was hard to put Han in such a hard situation. :(

21. path-seeker

May 1, 2008
    Week 18: Allana Solo

Youngling

It always amazed Jaina how at ease Allana was when she visited the Jedi academy on Ossus. The young girl dashed around the grounds with complete familiarity, and perfected the art of disappearing almost as well as Jaina and her brothers had on Yavin IV?s academy many years ago.

She respected Allana?s decision not to become a Jedi, and understood her reasoning, yet Jaina often hoped her niece would change her mind. She was strong in the Force, and her skills were already far beyond that of most younglings who entered the academy, but she still feared to use them.

Initiate

Luke was surprised, but not at all disappointed when Leia told him that Allana had finally decided to attend the Jedi Academy. Although his niece was much older than most of the children accepted to be trained, he welcomed her without hesitation. The years she spent with her grandparents had helped Allana to heal, and she was ready.

At her initiation, he stood before her and met her gaze, noticing traces of her father in her eyes and expression. Despite her parentage, he knew Allana would never follow the path of her father, just as Luke had not followed Anakin?s.

Padawan

Han was sitting idly in the Falcon?s cockpit when gentle hands caressed his shoulders. ?You bored??

He shrugged noncommittally. ?It?s been so quiet lately,? he complained. ?If you would have taken Allana as your padawan, it would?ve kept some excitement around here. Never a dull moment when two women with lightsabers are around.?

Leia laughed. ?As much as she loves me, I don?t think she would have wanted to run around the galaxy fighting alongside an old woman.?

?Nonsense. I don?t see anybody old in here. Besides, Princess, you?re better at using the Force now than when you were thirty.?

Knight

?Mama??

Tenel Ka instinctively gripped her lightsaber as the front door opened, realizing belatedly there was only one person it could be. Before she could respond, a familiar young woman raced through the doorway, and she rose to embrace her daughter, surprised to find they stood nearly the same height. Allana had grown since her last visit, but her gentle spirit and innate Force presence hadn?t changed.

The sleepless nights spent worrying about Allana?s painful past and who she?d become were forgotten as Tenel Ka looked at her precious daughter, a strong, confident Jedi knight who followed the Force unswervingly.

Master

?Congratulations, Allana!? Leia called, navigating the crowded reception hall to pull her beaming granddaughter into a fierce embrace. ?Your grandfather would be so happy that there?s finally a ?Master Solo? in the order.?

?But Grandma, you're a master in your own right,? Allana protested.

Leia shook her head and smiled gently. ?No, you?re far more deserving of being a true Jedi master, Sweetheart. You?ve worked harder and achieved things that I couldn?t have, and I am so, so proud of you.?

?Thank you,? Allana said softly, blinking back tears, ?I?d have never made it this far without you and Grandpa.?

22. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I had no idea who Allana is, but she's still adorable.

Great work!

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that's so sweet!! It must be so hard on them all to watch her grow up, noticing Jacen's face in hers and having her face the fear that she'd be like him, and then lose her to adulthood (and it looks like they lost Han somewhere along the way). But these were really lovely :)

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super set showing Allana's progression. I love seeing her integrity and commitment to the light side of things. The warmth and family closeness is terrific also.

:)

:D

25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Liked 'em. :)

Youngling: Allana being hesitant to go down that path... not unlike Ben refusing to even touch the Force, isn't it?

Initiate: It's amazing what family time can do. Heal the wounds and fade the fear... And Luke's observations about Allana? Wow...

Padawan: Noticed something... ?If you would have taken Allana as your padawan, it would?ve kept some excitement around here. Never a dull woman when two women with lightsabers are around.? (Moment?)

Loved the easy banter between them. Leia's right, though. As much as they love eachother, Allana has learned much from her, and now it's time to learn from someone else for a while.

Knight: Awwwwww... loved that.

Master: This one was my fave. Awesome moment there with Allana becoming a Master.

?I?d have never made it this far without you and Grandpa.?

Family support can be everything, can't it? Liked that.

Good drabbles. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.