main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Kiss is Just a Kiss - Luke, Mara, vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: A Kiss is Just a Kiss
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Luke and Mara
    Summary: A kiss is just a kiss. Right?

A Kiss is Just a Kiss

Mara nudged Luke, with more force than was strictly necessary. He gave a low grunt of protest but did not say anything.

?Hey,? she prompted.

Luke turned and smiled somewhat thinly. ?Yes, Jade?? There was something remote in his tone, a distance she was not accustomed to hearing directed at her. She scowled at him. If anyone was going to play it cool, it was her, she decided.

Besides, Skywalker?s face wasn?t made for cool, it was made for warm and open.

?Yes, Jade?? she repeated. ?Since when you do call me Jade??

?You call me Skywalker,? he pointed out. His smile was more genuine this time and something sparked in the blue eyes. Mara felt a small glow of satisfaction warm her up inside.

Shrugging, she looked away from him. He was entirely too attractive with his unruly hair, two days worth of stubble darkening his face, and the somewhat melancholy expression he had been wearing. The smile wasn?t bad either, though. ?It?s not the same thing,? she murmured.

He snorted, letting her know what he thought of that answer and she gave him another elbow to the ribs to remind him of his manners. No protest this time, she noted, not even a wince. She just might be losing her touch, she admitted.

A definite but comfortable silence descended between them and Mara was content merely to sit beside him, staring out over the jungle that surrounded them. ?It?s kinda pretty out here,? she said softly, tilting back her head to watch a predatory bird take flight. She liked to watch the predators, maybe because she could relate to them. It was lovely in its ferocity, graceful and lethal at the same time.

With a piercing cry, the bird plunged down, talons extended at the last minute to grasp its meal. The other bird did not even have time to shriek a protest before it was carried up into a tree. It had probably been dead at first strike, she thought.

Luke watched the event unfold with placid awareness. She glanced at him, wondering what he was thinking. His shields were up tight, though she did give them a playful tap to remind him of her presence. Luke?s eyes skittered sideways and he gave her a smile. ?Yes, yes, I remember you?re here.?

In spite of her own determination to keep Luke at a distance, the warm place inside of her expanded. ?Do you really like it here, doing what you do, I mean??

Luke picked up a pebble and rolled it between his fingers. She watched the muscles in his forearms work with the movement. ?It?s rewarding,? he answered carefully. Caution was not his way, as she had so often reminded him, and Mara gave him a sharp look.

?What?s going on in that head of yours, Luke?? Deliberately, she avoided calling him Skywalker. The twist of his lips told her that he had recognized her ploy. He dropped the pebble.

?Today?? he asked in a lazy voice. ?Not much.? There was a slight shrug of his shoulders. ?Today, I?m just content to sit here and watch what goes on around me.?

Mara leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees. ?Yeah, this is good.? One foot began tapping and she stilled it as soon as she realized it. The small of her back began itching and she wiggled.

?Liar,? Luke mocked after watching her for a moment. ?You hate sitting still.?

?Not true!? she protested vehemently.

Luke rolled his eyes and gave a shake of his head, clearly not believing her refusal.

?I do so like sitting still,? she insisted, though she was still not quite sure why she was arguing so forcefully over the point. The truth was, she usually despised being still. Usually, she mused, and that was the problem. Being with Luke was not the usual. So sitting here watching pretty much nothing was strangely?okay.

?I bet you had to do that a lot,? Luke said. ?Sit still and wait.?

Mara bit her lower lip and shrugged. ?I guess.? Luke?s words were a stark reminder of her old life. She was not ashamed of that

2. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was great! I love the build up. Awesome story! =D=

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Somehow I think the Farmboy planned that, cause, you know, Mara always just has to one-up him. hee. :* [face_love]

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Loved it! Perfect L/M moment. [face_love]

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excellent!=D=

6. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Wonderful vig! There's nothing like starting the day with a little L/M love. [face_love]

7. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Awww, so cute! [face_love] They're adorable.

8. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    Awesome! You captured Mara perfectly...just enough sassy, teasing fire in her flirting! :)

I especially loved her pondering whether Luke was capable of risque thoughts...oh yes he is! LOL.

9. paltonae356

paltonae356 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2008
    [face_laugh] loved it.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I grinned like aloon when I noticed your name in the author bar and I didn't stop even at the end. SQUGGLES!!!! Beautiful L&M... classic. Yummy. :D [face_love] :) [face_love]

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Yummy! [face_love] :D I just loved that Mara felt the need to out do him. :p (Although he was probably hoping for that. Sly boy. :p )

12. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_laugh]:* [face_love] Adorable!!!
    I think Luke's a bit bashful, or ginchy's theory is correct. Maybe a bit of both. ;)
    Loved it! Wonderful job!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Lovely, playful and perfect!

Bravo! =D=

14. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    ahahahahahh!!!! [face_laugh] MamaV that was awesome!!!!! You can do it like no other! Sweet, sassy, sexy and perfect!!!!!

Love love love it!
    Huggles forever,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

15. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Ah but it *is* more than just a kiss isn't it ;) Great vig!

16. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    "...and when two lovers woo, they still say I love you."

Ah, didn't think someone would get the reference? Casablanca fan through and through.

Excellent Luke and Mara as always, but I'm fuzzy on the time frame. o_O Guess it doesn't matter.

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was wonderful!

Though it does make me wonder if Luke planned the chaste, barely there kiss just to "encourage" Mara to show him the proper way to kiss.

If so...he's one brilliant farmboy!

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

I absolutely loved it. [face_love] Totally in character for both Luke and Mara. L/M is soooo amazing. =D=

19. Jixa

Jixa Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2008
    I think Luke is more sneaky than Mara realizes, knowing she had to be better at everything, kissing not excluded. ;) Score one for the farmboy. Very enjoyable - this was a cute little vig. ^__^

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Gotta watch out for those Skywalkers. They'll sneak up and steal your heart. [face_mischief]

?Yes, Jade?? she repeated. ?Since when you do call me Jade??

?You call me Skywalker,? he pointed out. His smile was more genuine this time and something sparked in the blue eyes. Mara felt a small glow of satisfaction warm her up inside.

Shrugging, she looked away from him. He was entirely too attractive with his unruly hair, two days worth of stubble darkening his face, and the somewhat melancholy expression he had been wearing. The smile wasn?t bad either, though. ?It?s not the same thing,? she murmured.

Luke 1, Mara 0

[face_laugh]

Loved it! [face_love]

21. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    It?s just a kiss, she reminded herself wildly as her pulse began to race.

At last, she tore her lips from his and blinked up at him. Luke was gratifyingly out of breath as well, his eyes glazed as he gaped down at her.

?That,? Mara said, striving for calm, ?was a kiss.?

She turned and was about to leave him behind when his hand closed around her arm. ?Are you sure?? he asked with a wicked note to his voice. ?I think I might need another demonstration.?

Mara winked. ?Only if you?re a very good boy.?

ohh and he loves it, he just doesn't realize it yet.

22. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Hee hee hee! So cute! Luke sure is a sneaky one, isn't he? (Oh yes, he totally planned all of that)

23. LadyofAThousandDays

LadyofAThousandDays Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2008
    Very sexy, and satisfying kiss!

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    TheOnlyJediPrincess Thank you! :D

ginchy Are you saying our Luke has a sneaky side?? :eek: [face_mischief]

Jedi-2B Coming from YOU, that's a big compliment! [face_blush]

ccp [:D]

path-seeker Well it does rank up there in the top ten ways to face the morning. It's better than morning rush hour I suppose! :D

aurrasingrules101 Thanks!

celine Yes, I'd say that's a given. Luke is male, after all. :D

paltonae356 Thank you!

Jade_eyes Thanks! [:D]

Jaina_and_Jag Yeah, I think this was one contest he was more than willing to lose! [face_laugh]

dancing_star Glad you liked it!

Jade_Pilot Thank you! :)

Irish_Jedi_Jade Sassy is what I do. I can't help it. Even when I should SHUT UP, I can't. [face_worried]

Myriad_Daydreams MUCH more! ;)

madman007 Yeah, I don't think the timeframe matters, since they danced around their feelings for a decade or so! :rolleyes:

KELIA But he's just an innocent farmboy, right? ;)

jaded_jewel They're a great couple, aren't they??

Jixa Yeah, he has his sneaky side. [face_mischief]

Jedi Trace Thank you! [:D]

Jedi_QueenBee glad you liked it!

Ubersue He's completely innocent. [face_whistling]

LadyofAThousandDays Thanks for reading!

25. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Oh, this was adorable! I loved seeing Luke so calm and almost-naughty - and the kiss was just perfect! [face_love]
    Can't help thinking of how much we still miss in the profics! :p They could read and learn![face_laugh]
    Great job on this!@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.