main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Knight of the Order Planning Thread--SPOILERS"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by DarthIshtar, May 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Okay, I will start working on this when I get home from work tonight. A night in the desert sounds like it could give me many ideas, and I do like the 'fantasy' you mentioned, Angel. I'll set up the reconciliation for you as well!

aa :)

2. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    "A night in the desert sounds like it could give me many ideas."

None that will place this fic in the AAEFA, I hope. ;) Sorry...you knew it was coming...

And Ish, you misunderstood me on the ezboard. Don't you dare change the "let go" line...just capitalize the "Wan" in Obi-Wan...sorry, I wasn't very clear about that.

3. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Angel, you perv ;) Teehee...no I wasn't thinking that way actually (for once *cough*) but more along the lines of hurt/comfort and reminiscing about the time he spent with his mom, etc. Then the fantasy comes into play and Padme convincing him to talk to Obi-Wan.

Question? Is Threepio still with Obi-Wan?

4. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    <blushes> I try, AA. I am the youngest smegging writer here; I've got make up for it somehow.

Serously, your scenario sounds good. Comfort, sweetness...PG all the way. :D And, yes, Threepio is with Obi.

5. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Maybe no AAEFA stuff for this story, AA, but that doesn?t mean you can?t re-write it later! ;)

As far as after the Ani/Obi reconciliation (which I don?t think should be total, btw ? I think Ani is still going to harbor some resentment towards him), perhaps they should hang around Tat for a few days, maybe help out with the wounded, etc., etc.,. I think that will harden Ani?s determination to go to work for Palpy, to try and end the war, to restore order. And with Padmé seeing all the suffering, she may work harder in the Senate to try to end the war (and maybe inadvertently give Palpy another political boost).

Just some thoughts?it?s early, so I will try to refine them later.

6. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Sounds good, Jae. I agree that no reconciliation could possibly be total with what's hanging over both their heads. I'll write it that way. Should I cover those few days they spend on Tat helping the survivors and get our heroes off planet, too, or should we leave that to Clarus? Has anyone seen her, btw?

7. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Clarus is working like crazy, I think. She also had college registration recently, so that could be keeping her busy as well.

As far as your post, Angel, how much you put in it depends on your comfort level, I think. Obi/Ani could be fairly emotional, and I know I'm spent after writing stuff like that. Heck, I was wasted for a couple of days after my last post, and it wasn't just from staying up too late.

Of course, we could just wait for Clarus to chime in on what she wants to do! :)

8. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Hi! Sorry about my penchant for not posting, everybody. Between work, family stuff, and college registration, I am pretty busy this week, but everything gives over into blissful summer slacking. Yay!

Anyway, everything you guys have been saying sounds great, and one of the reasons I don't post more over here is just because I agree with everything. Am I doing Ani/Obi on Tat, then?

Where should they go next? I might have overlooked it up there (decides to go back and read the posts again).

Anyway, I'm so sorry about not posting! Please don't think I've run out on you!

9. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    The way things are looking now, Clarus, I think you'll be doing something to get Ani/Obi/Pad off Tat. Not sure how or where they're going...I think more planning must be done. Fun, fun. Any ideas?

10. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    I think they probably go back to Coruscant - Padme has to return to the Senate, Obi-Wan to his unit, etc. Maybe Ani's gonna get in trouble for taking off without permission, and Palpy pulls his chestnuts out of the fire, making Ani grateful to him. Of course, Palpy fawns all over him with sentiments about his mother's death, etc. Maybe then, Ani decides for sure to go work for him?

Anyone seen Ish lately? I'm sure she has some thoughts on this.

11. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Oooh, I like that a lot, Jae. Are we still keeping the Padme kidnapping scenario? That was talked about when we first started off, but never really picked up on.

Haven't seen Ish. She may still be rewriting her post; I'm not sure.

12. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Ack...!

I've hurt my back...badly...and now I have to be away from home tonight :_|

Needless to say, the post is not done. If I can move myself into a sitting position tomorrow, I will write.

13. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Oh, AA, feel better! Back trouble just as summer begins...that's terrible. Poor dear.

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi, everyone; sorry for my disappearance, but I did a temp job this weekend and can certainly sympathize with our resident back-breaker. 9 hours a day of hauling desks, beds, cribs, tables, etc. back and forth. We had to set up the new Pottery Barn Kids store in Newton, MA and as a member of the trucking crew, I helped move in the last 2 days, 3780 pieces of furniture. I can barely move my shoulders, my legs are bruised, and I look like a pseudo-suicidal maniac because when we were breaking down boxes, someone got overexcited with their packing razor and gouged my wrist.

15. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Oh, dear. You both go, fix yourselves a few cups of green tea, and recover. Listen to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. Think happy thoughts.

Wow, we're cursed. :eek:

16. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    Oh! Poor Ish and AA! Do what AoI said: green tea and Moulin Rouge. Feel better, guys! :)

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmm, I don't drink green tea because of my religion and I haven't seen Moulin Rouge yet because I'm too tired to twitch. Instead, I have to write a bloody paper on American foreign policy.

18. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Yuck, that doesn't sound like much fun, Ish. We are eagerly awaiting your return to our discussions - input from the HM is vital! :D Also eagerly awaiting your post!

Angel, I think we can still run with the Padme kidnapping thing. Maybe Palpy arranges that, Ani wants to go get her, Council (and Obi?) say no, Palpy says "blow 'em off, go anyway," bigger wedge between Ani and Jedi, etc. OK, I'm rambling.

Ideas?

19. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Yeah, Jae. That sounds good. Maybe even get him to use some good ole Dark Side superpowers to rescue her. Which brings me to a question that I haven't thought of before: a Sith apprentice. Does Palpy have a new one or has he been after Anakin all this time? I'm fine with there not being one actually, mainly because I can't think of a credible one that hasn't been done before, and because I don't want Anakin's turn to be a rehash of ROTJ (i.e. Anakin fights apprentice, strikes him/her/it down in anger, and takes his/her/its place at the Palpster's side). Did that make any sense at all?

Where am I heading with all this pondering? Not sure, but I think it's got something to do with Anakin's fall -- and by that I mean the exact moment when he embraces the Dark Side. Some say that happens after he has his disastrous flirtation with hot magma, but I don't like that very much, mainly because I'd like to see him mentally be Darth Vader before the accident. The idea of a human Vader, one whose expressions can plainly be seen by all the characters, intrigues me. Anyway, if he does not actually turn in a battle with a Sith apprentice, when does he turn? Ideas? So that's my rant for the day. Thoughts on any of this?

20. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    I like the idea of Ani falling before the duel, becoming an evil being with a beatific face. I think he gets a taste of the Dark Side when he rescues Padmé, and finds it addictive. Maybe Padmé realizes what is happening and distances herself as she becomes more frightened of him and that drives Ani crazy. Maybe Palpy puts him in charge of planets ?liberated? from the clones, and Ani hones his use of the Dark Side to keep order (it?s much more efficient that way).

NO MORE SITH APPRENTICES! They?re getting to be a joke ? the Jedi keep striking them down and Palpy keeps training them, so they keep coming like the damn Energizer bunny. I say this even though I have one in my other fic. I think Palpy has had his eye on Anakin for awhile ? he?ll accept no less than The Chosen One as his next apprentice.

21. Clarus

Sep 18, 2000
    I think Ani should be Darth before their little spat on the valcano--or whatever (which brings to the fore the question of just what he falls in, how badly he is injured, and how he manages to survive). However, I don't think that he was so very cruel until after he had the mask.

"It's amazing what you can do when you don't have to look at yourself in the mirror . . ."

That's from Hollow Man. :) I always thought that he truly FELL then--even Obi-Wan stresses that he had tried to save Ani beforehand, resulting in his physical fall, but afterward he gave up hope. After, he was "more machine now than man, twisted and evil."

As for another Sith apprentice--boo! Between Jar-Jar and Darth Maul, TPM was a toy catalog. Let's avoid that.

The idea of Ani being in charge of a reclaimed sector is a good one--yet another wedge between him and the Council, and I imagine it would do terrible things to his ego. From slave to system governor? If he has an inferiority complex, it might trigger something violent.

Rambling is fun!

22. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Good, I'm glad to see we're all just about on the same wavelength. The story is really beginning to take shape...we're starting to figure out how this is going to get to the dark places we know it has to descend to.

...So how are Ish and AA doing? Not to be pushy or anything... :D

23. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Hopefully, we can get this developed before Ish and Angel take off for Europe. Speaking of that, can you fit me in a suitcase? I'm fairly skinny (for now!) and I don't eat much (yet). Drop me at a gasthaus in Bavaria with a beer stein and I'll be fine (darn, I forgot that's not allowed)! :D

Anyway, I'm sure Clarus and AA and I can be suitable dark and nasty while you guys are gone. It would be nice to have your next posts before then, though.

24. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

I'm here *waves* I am doing better...and I have the post half-done. The ending is being sithly and giving me tons of trouble. I may just post what I have and scream for help!

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm ready to kill off a whole slew of characters because I'm in a really bad mood, but I'll be appeased by any post at all by AA. PLEASE? And bear in mind that I leave on this sunday. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.