main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Knight of the Order Planning Thread--SPOILERS"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by DarthIshtar, May 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Yeah, Ish, where are you?

Just a thought - we might want to transplant the old story thread into a new one - that way we can update the update dates ourselves. Opinions?

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm here. Yes, we should transplant the thread. I can do that later today. The post looks great. Especially the part with Obi-Wan. I expected nothing less from him and would have been extremely disappointed if he backed down, so to speak. Palpy is so slimy!

3. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Are you going to transplant the thread, Ish, or do you want me to post to the old one? Or do you want me to transplant it? I may be able to work that in today.

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'll do it.

5. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    She emerges! Missed you last night.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My comp was very mean last night after everything. But first, my rehearsal ran 30 minutes late and I studied at the library until midnight.

7. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    that sucks. Probably would have missed you anyway, since I can't hang with the hours you normally keep. :p

8. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    okay, sorry about the confusion on the Tatooine situation. I thought that the clones were attacking the Rim and Palpatine used that knowledge to his advantage, but did not actually have a hand in the clones' choice of target. But I'm sure he knew full well that Anakin would go and that would precipitate the situation that we are dealing with now.

On a related note, are we assuming that the Clone Wars are a creation of Palpy's or that they started for another reason and he is just using them to consolidate his position? Personally, I think I'd like to see his rise as purely political. He's a manipulator, of course, as all politicians are. I'd like to see him use Ani as a spy of sorts, to ferrett out those officers who are discontented with the Senate's handling of the war effort, and court their support while quietly shuffling aside those who might be problematic (like a young Riekken - sp? - perhaps?).

Thoughts?

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I thought someone in books said that the Clone Wars had been going on for thirty years roughly before the republic took action and even then, it was only because they were threatening the Core Worlds.

10. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    hmm, maybe instead of Palpy seizing power, we can have the Senate hand it to him willingly. Maybe offer it three times before acceptance, a la Julius Caesar. Once in office, he has free reign.

As to what's next, I thought we could jump a little farther ahead in time, maybe a few months, and show Anakin at work as the liaison. I'm borrowing heavily here from series The Corps, and picturing Anakin's role as equivalent to Fleming Pickering's for Frank Knox. The brass resent him, but because he carries personal orders from Palpy, they cannot keep him from poking around in whatever catches his interest. Maybe he finds some corruption (spare parts being sold, a Mandalore agent, etc.)

Whaddya think?

11. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    I think that's s good idea with Palpy. Most stories I've seen have him seizing power through force. But he's been a manipulator long enough to figure how to have absolute power handed to him.

We seem to be thinking along the same lines in regard to Ani's new job. I don't have a problem with jumping ahead, but we probably need to discuss anything that might developed within that time.

Ish, you there?

12. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Ish, I know you want to put your two cents' worth in. Where are you?

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm here, and put in my two cents about the Luprecal theory, namely I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.