main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Knight of the Order Planning Thread--SPOILERS"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by DarthIshtar, May 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmm, that would work. I did that in Chosen Paths, when he cremates her a la Vader and Qui-Gon.

2. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Hey, I just posted over at the ezboard. Go ahead and kill it if you have to.

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hail the conquering graduate. ::Heads over to read her latest masterpiece.::

4. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    Hey, something weird is going on at the ezboard. The HTML function is turned off...so I can't read Clarus's post. And I really, really want to. Help...

5. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    That nasty damn ezboard. They upgraded lastnight and I don't know what they did to it. I'll go see if I can figure it out.

aa :)

6. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    I'm going to start on the next post tonight, so I want to know how far you guys wnat me to take it.

I was thinking about having Ani fight his way into Mos Espa. Do you want me to handle Shmi's death? If so, any preferences on how (shot, crushed, blown up by slave transmitter?)

Does Obi-Wan follow him? Does he leave Tatooine afterward or stick around?

I know, I know - a million questions, but I NEED to know (need...want...must have...). Oops, sorry, didn't mean for that to get in there...

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I want to handle Shmi's death, please! Or at least the emotional repercussions; set it up, but please please please let me do it. I like killing people! Okay, that didn't sound right, but you get the gist.

8. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    The only question I have really strong feelings about is whether Obi-Wan follows him. I think he should. And I think they should make up right then -- they share the common experience of the death of an adult who was really close to them. I think they can bond over that. I'm actually kind of interested in doing that post...if people don't mind.

Maybe Padme should invite herself along and chase after Anakin with Obi-Wan. He may be reluctant, but she's probably very persistant and very worried. I would like to get the three main characters together for a bit...that would be nice.

As for all your other questions, Jae, I'm going to be lazy and wait to see what other people think.

9. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Uh huh...so your secret's out, Ish ;)

Alright, I just fixed somethings on the ezboard (what an oxymoron that name is) so see if you can read the post now, Angel. If not, Clarus might have to post it again. Sigh.

aa :)

10. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Thanks, AA. I'll try again.

11. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    OK, Ish, you sicko, you can kill her.

Just tell me how you want to do it, so I can set it up.

I'll have Ani fight his way in and search for her (find her?) and then you can off her.

Much anxiety and Force-enhanced fighting in mine, I anticipate.

12. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Ish, you homicidal maniac. I want a scene with master-apprentice bonding; she wants to kill people. :D

AA, it doesn't work. Clarus, if you're out there, can you repost on the ezboard?

Jae, I like the idea of Anakin fighting his way in. But Ish, you'd better explain to us how exactly you plan to kill Shmi, you sick little thing. AA gets evil Palpy posts, Ish gets death post -- I call all fuzzy bunny posts.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My best work happens when I have to kill someone, which is why my magnum opus was about the Jedi Purges. But anyway, nothing complicated about killing her. Basically, the Clones make a raid on Mos Espa. I think it would be interesting if there was a blitzkrieg-style attack on various settlements on Tatooine while Clone armies actually take prisoners. Shmi gets caught in a collapsing building and Anakin gets her out, but her injuries are too severe. They have to flee into the Wastes to escape the armies and she dies in his arms sometime during the night. I think you should write just up to the point where they have to flee into the Wastes and I can take it from there. Thoughts? Objections?

I agree that Obi-wan and Padme should follow him. Possibly have a scenelet when Obi-wan goes to Padme and begs her to help talk some sense into Anakin. They arrive at Mos Espa as the raids are taking place and Obi-wan stays behind to take care of the wounded while Padme goes into the desert to talk to Anakin. She finds him just after Shmi dies and stays with him through the night.

14. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Does that mean I get stuck with all the fighting?

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm fairly good at writing duels and battles, but basically I want to spread around the genres I have to write. K?

16. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    No problems here with fighting - just wondering if I was being pigeonholed again! ;)

17. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    I like the idea of a Padme/Obi scenelet - do you want me to work it into my post?

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, so it'll explain why the heck in my post she'll happen upon Anakin and the corpse in the middle of the night. You can't do that if you're in a Senate session on Coruscant, presumably.

I have the feeling that we're going to have to start allowing longer posts because what I want to do will be considerably longer than my last masterpiece. Objections?

19. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    A post should be as long as it takes to convey the scene, idea, etc., etc.,

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Touche. I can't wait!

21. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Angel, I didn't catch this before, but as far as Obi and Ani making up...to some extent, yes. Obi can sympathize with him over losing a parent (or parental figure), but I'm not sure how much Ani is willing to do that. Doesn't he partially blame Obi-Wan for Shmi's death...or at least for not allowing Ani to get to her on time?

Just wondering...

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think it's a matter of blaming him for not being there in time.

23. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    That's true, but I think that so far all we've seen of Obi-Wan and Anakin is them continuously arguing (bear in mind that I still haven't been able to read Clarus's post). I just feel that after the Shmi disaster, that would be a good time for them to have a (temporary) cease-fire. Anakin can still blame the Council, but I think it should be Palpatine that really plants the idea in his head that Obi-Wan is responsible.

I like the Padme in the desert idea, and the whole Shmi's death scenario. And I'm sure you'll be able to write a very good Obi and Pade scenelet, Jae.

24. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Oh, my, I CAN SEE THE LIGHT...rrr..the post. Well, that was very odd; one minute I can't see it, the next I can. I'm reading it now...finally!

25. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Hey, everybody. I went and removed all the html codes from the post, and you should be able to read it now. Sorry about that, everybody. I didn't even think about html (they were actually the tags we use over here; I went ahead and inserted them in the story to make it easier to just cut and paste) messing stuff up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.