main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Knight of the Order Planning Thread--SPOILERS"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by DarthIshtar, May 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    Ah, I was wondering why it suddenly started working. Thanks, Clarus. Both Ish and I have betaed it, so you're free to post when ready. Brilliant post, by the way. :D

2. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Hi again! Sorry about all the confusion over on ezboard, but I'm glad you liked the post! *wiping brow* I tried to make it long, but I just don't have the stamina for it.

Anyway, the post (with a few tiny changes) is up on the story thread. Thanks again!

3. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Ok, digging this up and adding a few more questions that need to be handled in the next round of posts.

1. Clarifying the current outline: Jae's post will contain Anakin fighting his way on to Tatooine and into Mos Espa, and he finds Shmi, -- then Ish, the homicidal missionary :D , swoops in and takes over -- bombs fall, they try to escape, but she DIES!

2. At that point, when she has just been killed, I have a question. We want Anakin to go out into the desert and bury Shmi -- but what about between her death and the burial? Does Anakin take some sort of Dark Side-fueled mad revenge on the clones? Does he drive them out of Mos Espa -- or is the city so devastated that the clones just leave and move on? I guess my basic question is -- directly after Shmi's death -- does Anakin retaliate? If he does, it would probably occur in Ish's post -- which would mean more murders for her to cover.

3. Then Anakin buries Shmi out in the desert as the twin suns majestically set in the background...<sobs> Would that be AA's post?
    Padme and Obi-Wan -- who Jae has to get to go to Tat together -- arrive on planet. Someone suggested that Padme finds Anakin out in the desert and they spend the night grieving together. Nice. And perhaps we could explain Obi-Wan's absense by simply saying that they split up to look for Anakin -- Padme finds him, Obi does not.

4. Now, Angel's post, which she really wants to do. Padme and Anakin meet up with Obi-Wan the next morning and they make up -- sort of. I inexplicably find that scene very interesting. Is this all right? I know Ish had a few problems with it, so I'm bringing it back out onto the table for further discussions. Ok, nothing else to say. So...DISCUSS!

4. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

ooo...yeah I can do a Padme/Ani grieve in the desert post!! There's already ideas turning in my mind. The desert can be a scary place at night [face_devil] Just kidding.

I think that outline sounds good...

aa :)

5. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Well, the next one is up on the ezboard - take a good look because I was rather incoherent when I wrote it.

To answer one of your questions, Angel, I pretty much devastated Mos Espa in the clone attack. In fact, Ani didn't fight any clones once he got on the ground. I can change that if people feel strongly about it. Military justification - no useful resources on this dustball, just raze the cities and control the planet because it straddles a major trade route. Then they can use it as a base to launch attacks against Republic shipping.

6. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Hello, anyone awake yet?

7. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    <rube eyes> I'm awake...sort of. I just responded on the ezboard, Jae. Great stuff.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    HM here; loved the post; will get the next one done as soon as humanly possible (after dinner of course).

9. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    ...Does HM stand for homicidal missionary? :D

10. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Waiting on Clarus - then I'll post, if no one objects.

11. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Sorry, I just got home! Go ahead and post, Jae!

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Warning, warning. I will be on vacation without my laptop (I'm very happily going to London, Paris, and Berlin) from June 17-25 and then moving into my apartment in Utah on the 26th, so I really am not going to be very accessible until the 27th. So how shall we proceed? Make sure my post doesn't fall then?

13. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Yeah, pretty much. We may have to switch things around a little, depending on where things stand when you leave.

And on that note, I will most likely also be uncontactable (I doubt that's a word) around the same time Ish is, from June 18th to July 1st. Going to Portugal. :) I'll have my laptop, but my internet service is through the University of Chicago, and I certainly don't want to to make long distance calls to Chicago everytime I want to check up on you guys from Lisbon. So here's to hoping I can find an internet cafe.

14. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Hmm...this could get strange with two of you guys gone. Anyone else planning on leaving the country anytime soon? ;)

I'm sure it will be fine, we'll just plan it so that the three(?) of us left roate in these times.

15. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    I'll be here (as long as no one finds out about that stock scam...)

Have fun! Wish I could go (@^#&#* two weeks of vacation a year, all saved for family reunions and weddings)

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Good grief, the Jet-setting Jedi; that's a good name for our group. Cool about Portugal. I will be in Paris and Chartres from the 17-22 and Cologne and Mannheim (going to the Black Forest!) until the 24th, whereupon I will fly to London from Frankfurt, take a flight to Boston, unpack one bag, pack my stuff for college again, move out to my new apartment in Provo, unpack, buy books, then start classes, THEN come back to this thread.

17. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Yowzers, Ish. That's quite a schedule.

I'm sure you'll be all right, AA, and as I've said, I'll try to find a way to stay in contact, perhaps even write my share. I won't really know until I get there.

Jet-setting Jedi? Heehee...we're like band! AA and the Pussycats! :D

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was once in a band--the Wood Nymphs--as the keyboardist for one summer; quite a departure from my usual Beethoven and Chopin repertoire and really fun; we did a lot of romantics or tongue-in-cheek lyrics. Sorry I haven't gotten to posting, but I'm working on it.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Heaven's sake, I finally got the post up. Hope you enjoy.

20. Jedi-Jae

Feb 12, 2001
    Great post, Ish! My comments are on the ezboard.

Not to jump to much ahead, but what's up next? Reconciliation with Obi? Or retaliation?

21. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Awesome post, Ish :D

So, now the Ani/Padme in the desert post? I thought of them being alone until morning, and then meeting up with Obi-Wan again? Should there be something else I include here?

22. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure what you're doing now, AA. A night in the desert?

And me? What am I doing? I'm still lobbying for the Obi-Wan reconciliation scene -- but would that be next post or post after next? I really want it. Really, really.

I think we need some more planning. What would you like to do, AA? And where are our heroes running off to after Tat?

23. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Honestly, I would love to leave you with the Obi/Ani reconciliation!! So, a night in the desert it is?

But what exactly? Should Anakin wait until morning and then bury her? I expect the two of them to talk, and maybe Padme can convince Ani to at least speak with Obi-Wan in the morning? I could end it with Anakin and Obi-Wan meeting face to face once again. I dunno...help me out here guys!

24. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    They can watch the sunrise...hmmm...what else... Well, yes, they can bury her, that's true. And, as for the talking...hmmm...I always had this idea that, when things get bad (and this is pretty darn bad) Anakin, sort of in shock, could construct this fantasy-type thing out loud. He could make up this completely unattainable plan about running off with Padme, settling down, and having a wonderful, peaceful, idealistic life. It's just a dream -- Padme can listen bemusedly and tell him it's impossible, that it's his duty to stay a Jedi, etc. And that he should make up with Obi, yes. Just an idea I'm throwing out, trying to give you something to go on. How am I doing?

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, a night in the desert; I read a book by Lois Lowry called Gathering Blue and they have something in there called the Guarding Field because when someone dies you have to guard their body for four days; obviously we won't subject Anakin to that, but it's basically the same idea. PLEASE, a reconciliation scene!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.