main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A KNIGHT'S JOURNEY / a Jedi's quest 200 years after NJO / UPDATED 7-20-2004

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jediknight88, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    A KNIGHT?S JOURNEY
    by Jason Bruggeman ? JediKnight88
    Venue: Before the Saga
    Central Characters: Ruja Onman, Aria Trer, Arua Sky.

Prologue

It was a dark and windy night...

A figure stood in the off world moonlight; his garments swayed back and forth with the wind, as if floating behind him.

A closer look it would reveal that the figure carried a weapon of old, a symbol of dedication, a symbol of discipline. It hung from his belt and shone in the moonlight, as if it attracted the light's attention.There stood Ruja Onman, known only as Knight to those close to him ? a Knight in the Jedi Order. Behind him stood a Jedi Academy, full of potential Jedi Younglings and students that could make a difference.

He scanned the horizon thinking of the past. It seemed not so long ago that he was sent away-sent away to protect the very thing that could one day save the galaxy. It was long ago in a Temple that has been destroyed for some time by factions of the still-present empire and growing dark Jedi.

It had been only mere months since being dispatched to this Academy to help train and teach the younglings, but more importantly, to protect the one thing that meant so much more....

A friendly voice spoke to him....

"Can you see them Ruja?"

His gaze never left the horizon....

"No, I cannot, but I can feel them...A storm is brewing...they are coming...."

CHAPTER 1
    The past

The battle had seemed to last for days but in fact, started before nightfall the day before. There was no air battle, no missiles - it was a full-out ground battle-soldier against soldier. The victors would be the ones left standing. It had started with a few troops attacking, and ended with the last falling. Both sides paid heavily for their cause, it was a day that would not soon be forgotten. Their temple lay in ruins. The bodies of Jedi and New Republic soldiers lay scattered across the ground. The battle had been won for the day, but more would come. There would be more death, more destruction and more friends lost.

Ruja was summoned to the council chambers-what was left of them. As he entered the council chambers, he saw two other Jedi Knights standing before them. He entered and stood next to his fellow Knights, Gealix, and Prelo, his garments soaked with the blood of others. His face was worn from the lack of sleep. The only thing that kept him going was that he told himself that he had to.

The head of the council spoke,

"Ruja, it is the decision of the council that you take the one of the last three remaining chronicles of the Jedi Order and keep them safe from these intruders. Your fellow Jedi will be taking responsibility of the other two."

"But where would you have me take them, Master? Wouldn't I do more good here, fighting along side the other Jedi?

Your place now, is to look to the survival of our order. You will take these chronicles to the planet of Nirauan, where you will aid in the training of other force-sensitive beings. It is now our goal to replenish the Jedi Order.

There was a pause.

And remember Ruja......We do not always like the things that are delegated to us, but now is not the time to be concerned with what you can now do, but rather what you can do for our future, our survival.

"Yes master, I understand. I will carry out my mission. I will not fail."

He bowed and kneeled as a respect to the council, then took the Chronicles and gathered his things. He entered the hangar, moved to where his deep space shuttle and headed for his destination. Upon his travel, he could not help but think of the memories that he was leaving behind. He looked out into the depths of space, thinking of long past times in the Academy, training, learning, and honing his skills. He would miss the academy, but it was time to move on.

His shuttle landed just outside the Jedi Temple. As he walked out, he looked over his new surroundings. It was not like the place he had just came from. Things were a little run-down and old. It was obvious that

2. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    Hey this is great Jason! :D

3. Jezebel_Jedi

Jezebel_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Good story basis, can't wait to read more. :)

Good job sweety ;)

4. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Oh, Oh, Oh! It's up! Good start, boss. I have to tell the others! More soon?

5. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Looking good so far. I see you've added quite a bit since the rough draft. Can't wait to see how it develops. :D

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Very nice boss. :D Keep it up!

7. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Hey, this is great! Can't wait to read more...

8. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Great post. Really nice scenes,master. Waiting for the next post.

9. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
  10. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, I was so scared to do this!

More will be coming soon

11. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Master, you did a great job.

12. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    oh this is great jk can't wait for more

oh look I'm in the story :D

Fress Colias is my character for the live rpgs for the lightside. And trust me does this master have stories to tell :D

13. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Force push up :D

14. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Very good work, sir. I look forward to more. And... Don't be afraid. Believe in yourself. :)

15. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    THanks Hawk, more is coming real soon.

16. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
  17. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Chapter One continued
    A Knights Journey

The morning sun rose, turning dark to light. It?s warm rays spread throughout the land, as far as the eye could see. As the morning moved on, the rays of light shone through Ruja?s window into his room, warming his skin as if telling him it was time to wake up. His eyes slowly opened and closed as he awoke from his slumber. He stretched out his arms and then sat up, looking around the room and realizing that it was still early. He smiled at the thought of getting in a little meditation before the start of the day. With so much that had been happening, there had seemed to be little time for it.

He crossed his legs and sat up straight, placing his wrists on his knees so that his hands were palm up. He took a deep breath as he relaxed his muscles and let his mind free. As he exhaled, he could feel himself let go and focus on the silence. He reached out with his mind to the Force, he let it engulf him and feel it become a part of his very being. His mind took him to events in the past that had recently occured before his trip here. It was like a recording in his mind that played over and over. "Why was there no warning of the attack?" He could remember the confusion as the soldiers stormed the Temple, shooting anything that crossed their sights. He could still hear the sounds of his fellow Jedi charging into the fray in his mind. He could still remember the feeling of charging a group of soldiers that were going after the younglings. He remembered igniting his saber and then the feeling when they were all laying on the ground, lifeless. He had wished that he could have been at the front line of the battle, fighting alongside his fellow Jed but then realizing that if he hadn?t stayed with the younglings, they would have perished.

His thoughts came to a close as he heard others rousing from their sleep. He bowed his head for a second and then stood up and walked to the refresher. It was time for another day at this new place. He set out a new set of garments on the bed and entered the refresher. When he was done, he dressed in the lighter colored garments and brushed off his boots, giving them a slight shine. He liked to look his best; he always thought it was good to look one?s best, even if there was nothing to do that day. He enjoyed the thought of leading by example. It was something that his old master had always taught him. He recalled his master telling him, "A Jedi should look his best to show respect to the council and to earn respect from others. It is not always your actions that give you a good name, it is also how you present yourself. A Jedi should always present himself to higher standards if he is to expect them from others."

He took his Lightsaber off the nightstand and wiped it off, making sure it was clean and presentable. Then he clipped it to his belt. He stood at the door for a moment and took a breath. He was not sure if he was ready for another day in this new Temple, but he knew that it was unavoidable and walked out of his room. He looked down the hall to Arias door and wondered if she had awakened yet. He did not to disturb her in case she was still asleep and decided to explore the Temple on his own. As he walked, he could hear children laughing as they passed him. They looked to him as they passed and said, "Better hurry up or you are going to be late for the morning teaching". "Late?", he thought to himself...maybe it was not as early as he thought, He hurried to the giant room Aria had shown him. As he entered, he saw that everyone was already there.

"Welcome, Ruja" came a voice from the front of the room. ?Please come up to the front.? It was Master Colias. He was a little embarrassed that on his second day, he seemed to be late - something that he thought was not proper for a Jedi. With that, he made his way to the front of the room and stood next to Master Colias. "Everyone, this is Ruja Onman. He has been sent by the Temple on Coruscant. He will not only be learning as you all will, but he will also help t

18. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Again, beautiful imagery and a facinating plotline.

keep up the great work! :)

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    very well done jk I am impressed, though do I detect a slight relationship developing between you and Aria [face_love]

20. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Great job, JK. :D
    Especially liked where he helped that boy.

Can't wait for the next part. ;)

21. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Nice touching post. I love the part when sits with the boy and talks to him. So cute. [face_love] When is the next post? Master, you did a great job.

22. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Good job, JK. Very good story so far. I will looking foward to more very soon.

23. Earwen-Ancalime

Earwen-Ancalime Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    *claps*

I am loving this so far bro! Keep up the wonderful work!

*goes to sit in the fountain room and try to levitate a feather*

24. Jezebel_Jedi

Jezebel_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Looking great hunny! :D

*cough* I wonder who Aria is. :p *cough*

25. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    WOW! That's really wonderful. It pulled me in and I was right there in the story.
    Can't wait for more.

Great Job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.