main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A KNIGHT'S JOURNEY / a Jedi's quest 200 years after NJO / UPDATED 7-20-2004

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jediknight88, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Sorry posted the wrong part....I will repost the right one soon. Sorry

2. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    *eagerly awaits new postie* :D

3. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Chapter 2 Continued

He tossed and turned?his sleep restless. His blankets were a mess, tangled and wrapped around him, mangled as he moved in restless slumber. Something was tugging at his soul?reaching to him. Maybe it was the tiredness of his new environment, or maybe it was his sore muscles starting to take effect after the first battle on Coruscant. There was something else, though, a tingling in the back of his mind as if something was trying to call to him, but was too far away to be heard. It was a distant feeling, like a memory in the back of his mind that he had forgotten and was trying to remember, like an echo, reaching out to him, then fading away.

His eyes snapped open and he looked around the room. It was dark and quiet. There were no noises of other students running down the hallway, nor the sounds of confusion as students discussed the past days? exercises. He lay there a moment and tried to close his eyes, hoping to rest. He slowly stood and put his arms over his head, stretching. His muscles ached. The second day after a battle was always the worst; when you felt it the most. His bruises were slowly going away, but still achingly present, making his stretching a little painful.

As he stretched, he couldn?t shake the feeling that was bothering him. Maybe a nice hot shower would do, he thought as he made his way to the refresher. He turned on the water and shed his sleepwear. As he stepped into the refresher, the hot water hit his head and soaked his hair, running onto his shoulders. The water was relaxing and felt good on his muscles while they loosened up. He extended his arms in front of him, placing his palms onto the wall. He took a deep breath, let it out and lowered his head into the stream of water. Just as he closed his eyes, images flashed before him?sabers clashing, soldiers scattered?screams, and yelling. Then a figure appeared - a figure so dark that he couldn?t breathe. He fell back into the wall behind him, his breathing heavy, his chest contracting and expanding fast. His hands gripped the wall behind him?he couldn?t move. He slowly regained his composure and turned the water off.

As he came out of the refresher, he thought back upon the images. There were no faces, no one he could recognize. What were these images trying to tell him? He grabbed a towel that was hanging nearby and dried off.

He hung the towel up when he was finished and walked back out into his main living quarters. He sat down on the edge of the bed and looked over at the garments he had laid out on the chair last night. His under tunic was a light tan, matching his pants. His over tunic was a darker tan, and his brown leather belt was just that, darker brown?to match his boots.

He slipped his garments on and then his boots, pulling them up and clasping the buckles, making them snug. He stood up and walked over to the stand that held his saber. He picked it up and examined it, wiping away a smudge that had somehow gotten on it. Once pleased with its appearance, he clipped it onto his belt.

He walked over to the window and looked outside for a moment, it was still dark. The ever-present night was still there. He knew it would be hours before the sun shone upon this place. He decided to walk the temple again to examine it further. He silently left his room, careful not to wake others with his movements. He moved across the temple, studying everything around him, from the soft glow of the lights to the darkest corners where the light did not penetrate. As he walked, he had the slightest feeling that someone was there with him, but dismissed it as nervousness, reminiscent of the images he had seen.

He walked, not really paying attention to where he was going, he came across the markings that he had marveled at the other day. In a way, he recognized them. They resembled the markings of the old Imperial language used during the heinous time of the Emperor. These markings were a little different, though, with marks streaming off the sides and characters of letters he had never seen

4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Oh no!!! What's going to happen? I don't want to die!

Ooh, I'm in it now! Yea! I'm a main character's best friend! Yes!

5. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Oh wow bro! I am on the edge of my seat!!! What happens next. Did he survive the crash? Will Aria and Ruja confess their feelings?

*sits and waits anxiously for the next part*

This is wonderful!

6. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    This is just fantastic Jason, so much depth and such a bloody rollercoaster ride! I can't wait to read more... :D

7. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This is so great...

And where was your mind young man.... not in the training room, where you were....
    :p

*sits and watches for next posts to appear!*

8. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Thanks everyone for the Awsome posts about the story! I hope you all enjoy what I have already wrote and enjoy to soon to follow story line!

Well just have to see how Gealix is doing soon and how Ruja and Aria develope! heheh cant give anything away now can I!

9. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    Up, up, up!!! Give us more!!! More!!!!!

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I eagarly await more! ^^^up^^^ And does Ruja act on his feelings???

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    thats not good

and can I say this sith Lord is in trouble with me :mad: boy and I thought his mother was relentless her son is much more so [face_plain]

more soon

12. TahiriTirrus

TahiriTirrus Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2003
    oh yes thats my boy :D

just like his parents :D

cruel and relentless, not to mention pinning up jedi masters against the walls with training lightsabers is very amusing [face_mischief]

13. FressColias

FressColias Jedi Master

Apr 14, 2003
    oh here we go, she forgot who actually succeeded in taking on the Jedi where she failed twenty years ago, might I remind my darker half that your not even suppose to be present at this time?

A promise broken already I see. :mad: Master Daemon has some serious explaining to do

14. TahiriTirrus

TahiriTirrus Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2003
    raises an eyebrow, and your point Colias, I'm here to cheer on my son, obviously you here ready to take up your role with a disgruntled son ready to ground him at your convience hoping to turn him back to the lightside, which the force might I remind you have already deemed impossible, you maybe able to walk the fine lines but he can't. Due to your darkside energies that you tap into from time to time.

and Master Daemon doens't know what hes talking about, the way he sits on the council of the second dimension with the twelve masters like Master Yoda, the green troll can't even see worth crud considering he didn't even acknowledge that Anakin Skywalker will be turned back to the lightside by his son. Shows you the lightside is all that much more weak.

15. FressColias

FressColias Jedi Master

Apr 14, 2003
    the darkside is weak, always the quick and easy path to follow, besides do you know what that does to the health or looks?

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    give it a rest you two *grabs both socks and tosses them into her sock drawer*

and for the record let jk write his story without any further intruptions from you two

17. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Chapter Three Continued

There was an instant of foreboding quiet as the shuttle disappeared from Ruja?s sight. There was no sound, just hesitation. Aria was still asking what he was looking at when it happened. The shuttle impacted the ground with a sickening sound of crunching metal on unforgiving earth. Ruja stood there, stiff and still. The Temple rocked from the crash?s aftershock, tossing trays and plates of food of the edges of tables and scattered them all over the floor. Then, there was nothing but silence?

Students ran around frantically, trying to see out the great window, while some just stood there in shock, knowing something dreadful had happened, but frozen by indecisiveness. Aria looked around and saw that in the commotion and craziness, her Padawan and her friend Laine were still jabbering and eating their food as if nothing happened. She laughed to herself for a moment and then turned to face Ruja. He wasn?t there!

She scanned the room, thinking that maybe he was at the window. Not there! Where did he go? Then she caught a glimpse of him running towards the Temple doors, and ran after him. ?Ruja! Wait!? she yelled, trying to catch up with him. He stopped outside the main doors of the Academy, panting heavily as he looked around frantically?.

?Come on, follow me,? he said in a determined voice. He opened the door and headed towards the deep woods. He took off down the same path that Aura showed him just that day, pushing past foliage, making the leaves sway with his passing. ?Ruja, we can?t just run out there - we don?t know what it is!? she said. She hesitated, but soon followed, not wanting him to go out on his own. Ruja ran until he came to the clearing and drop-off that Arua had showed him. There, not too far off, was the shuttle, which now looked like a macabre coffin to whomever was inside. Steam and smoke from over-heated, over-charged and broken parts floated slowly to the blue sly. There were no sounds from the craft, just dead silence. No one emerged, no communication attempts were made, just dead silence.

Aria stood next to him, her conclusions obviously the same as she voiced what was on his mind. ?If someone was on that shuttle, they are not a happy camper right now?if they survived at all.? She kept her tones gentle, soothing; trying to calm him. ?What should we do?? As he scanned the craft, he could feel the Masters of the Temple in the back of his mind. He slowly turned and looked up, seeing them on the balcony. Master Angel stepped forward and nodded her head to him as a signal to go investigate the shuttel and its remains, as if she had read his mind and knew that he was going to ask permission to do so.

It seemed that the children of the Academy had the same thoughts as they scurried up the path to where Ruja and Aria were. Their curiosity was evident by the noise proceeding their mad dash up the path. Aria rushed over to them and quickly lead them back to the Temple entrance, her arms spread, gathering students like a mother hen as she moved down the path.

?You can?t come up there right now. Something has happened and we must investigate in order to make sure that no one is hurt, or so that no one gets hurt. Please trust this and go back inside to your things. You will all see soon enough, just not yet. Ok?? Her voice was so soothing and so calm that the children and older students smiled and agreed. They went back into the Temple to resume their daily activities, but still watched the doors for any news of the strange shuttle that had crashed.

While Aria was down the path handling the children, Ruja jumped down the slope of the clearing, sliding down the rock and gravel. He leapt from rock to rock, then landed kneeling on the smooth ground below. The shuttle was only about half a mile away. He scanned the area for intruders or wounded passengers from the shuttle, but saw none.

When Aria came up the hill, Ruja was again nowhere in sight. ?Where did he go this time?? She rushed to the ledge and saw him at the bottom. You

18. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Oh, no! I will impatiently wait for more!

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    oh can't wait for more :D

20. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    OOOOOoohhh. Those Sith are scary! *wants her mommy*

Jason! WOW! "I have a bad feeling about this."

Excellent! Keep it up, boss. More. More!

21. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    *holds onto to Clippy* I agree with Sel, those Sith are scary! :(

But will Gealix be okay? And will there be mush soon? [face_mischief]

Loved it, more more more please!

22. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Hehehe thank you so much everyone!

Mush huh....well have to see about that..... :D

And Gealix, what happens to him, only time can tell.

23. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    This is wonderful stuff! Keep up the great work. I got goosebumps from some of that.

24. SECRETSISTER

Nov 18, 2001
    UP!!!!!!!! I can't wait for more!

25. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Up! :)

Psst...any more coming Boss?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.