main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Kyp Durron story, entitled 'Stubborn', Updated 1/1/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Quivyr, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quivyr

Quivyr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2007
    Although I've written in other genres, it's been a long time since I attempted to write anything. It's also my first attempt at a Star Wars story. As a matter of fact, it's my first post anywhere on this board. If I make any errors in continuity, please feel free to point them out. I've done my best to research these matters, but I'm by no means perfect[face_shhh]

I realize Kyp isn't a favorite of many, but I ask that you give this a chance anyways. It's likely to be quite long and epiccy, as I seem to stung with that infliction. Please feel free to tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is quite welcome here.

This fits into the timeline between the DNT and LOTF series. It will not be AU, and will follow the continuity as best I can

Prologue, Part I Incursions and Evaulations

Stretching out with the Force, Kyp felt the incoming blast from the ion cannon long before it hit. Banking hard to the right, he avoided the laser cannons from the fighter squadrons behind him. Despite the fact that these were supposedly seasoned mercenaries, it was almost child?s play. Getting through the orbital blockade hadn?t been much of a challenge, especially for two seasoned Jedi. Master Kyle Katarn?s voice chimed over the intercom, ?Remember the plan, Durron.?

Luke Skywalker liked sending Jedi out in pairs. It was a good practice as far as Kyp was concerned, but he hadn?t initially been crazy about pairing with Master Katarn. Neither had apprentices currently, and the Grand Master had thought the two of them a good fit. Katarn hadn?t liked it at first either, as there had been problems in the past. After a few missions together however, that had changed, and the two, dare he say it, actually began liking to work together. Kyle had a quick and ready wit, was tactically sound as any Jedi, and his force prowess was well deserving of the term Master. Luke generally gave the most difficult and delicate assignments to them. It was a sign of great trust, but Kyp still had to doubt the wisdom of placing two Council members at risk on the same mission. Regardless, it was mostly an enjoyable experience.

Kyp didn?t have time to reply before his atmospheric shields blazed in fire, as his X-Wing hit the first pockets of gasses that defined the invisible barrier of the planet Duart. He would be unable to respond as long as the ionic hell outside his hull continued to exist. Letting his unconscious control the breakneck descent through the atmosphere, Kyp reviewed the plan and circumstances leading up to this event.

The Susevfi system was a member of the Galactic Alliance, though relations were strained at this current juncture. Unfortunately, such made it difficult politically to wholeheartedly grant Alliance aid. There had always been a certain hostility between Susevfi, and Kuarin, a neighboring system. Before the Vong war, both had been members of the New Republic, but with the dissolving of the Senate in those dark times, Kuarin had never joined its successor, the Galactic Alliance.

The relations between Kuarin and Susevfi had reached what could only be termed a ?Cold War?. While no shots had been fired, both engaged in free-for-all economic and diplomatic warfare. The Jensaarai, a Force order similar to the Jedi, were the sworn protectors of the planet Susevfi. While understandably concerned about the Kuarin situation, the Jensaarai elders had professed patience in the situation; only allowing its members to engage in information and deterrence capacities. Not all Jensaarai had been willing to be so patient.

There had been four Jensaarai who had rebelled, taking a more aggressive stance against the Kuarins. Kyp could sympathize. He had held the same viewpoints once, but now recognized what a fool he had been. They were, according to forwarded information, advanced members of the Defender rank; meaning they were about equivalent to Jedi Knights. The four had first turned to piracy, in order to finance their operations. Considering that they were operating

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Wohooooo! Kyp fic! [face_dancing]

I realize Kyp isn't a favorite of many, but I ask that you give this a chance anyways.

Ha! You should come see us in the Kyp fanclub. We're crazy about him! :p We actually have our own clones. :D

?Ready to die??

?You always know what to say, Katarn. Marry me??

Kyle?s amused voice chimed, ?I suddenly feel an urge to follow the philosophy of attachment.?

Kyp homed in on the power source of the ion cannons, firing at the Galactic Alliance vessels that had moved in since Kyle and himself entered the atmosphere, and adjusted his approach accordingly. ?But it would be such a pretty wedding. All white, Luke could be the flower girl??

?I?ll take you shopping and indulge your need to feel pretty after, Kyp. Ready??

?Let?s do it.?

[face_laugh] I'd give a lot to see Luke as a flower girl. [face_laugh]

Kyp grinned in return, ?Don?t love it too much. Go splat, the Jedi do not.?

[face_laugh] I love Kyp! Can you tell? :p

?You just focus on the dress I?ll buy you, Durron.?

?Hapan design, frilly, with lots of lace? No cleavage though.?

Kyle laughed, ?Prude.?

?Proper Jedi modesty.?

?How do we justify that on the Jedi expense account??

?Simple. Sign it ?Corran Horn?.?

?That would explain everything.? Kyle looked down, calculating the optimal moment to pop the chute.

They're so cute together. :p

?I say we take the subtle approach.?

Kyle translated this rather well, ?Meaning foolishly charge through hordes of mercenaries, likely crazy defenses, and four powerful Force warriors at the end??

Kyp considered, ?Yeah, pretty much.?

?Sounds subtle enough to me.?

?Don?t it??

[face_laugh] =D=

She let a part of her mind see to her duties in serving the Jensaarai, but by far, she was watching Kyp Durron. Oh, he just might do. He might do nicely.

He'd have done so much better than Jacen. :p

I love this! And I really enjoyed your writing style.
    Could you please PM me once you've updated?

=D=

3. Quivyr

Sep 4, 2007
    Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.:)

Ha! You should come see us in the Kyp fanclub. We're crazy about him! We actually have our own clones.

I'll go check it out. Although the clones part scares me a bit[face_laugh]

He'd have done so much better than Jacen.

I love this! And I really enjoyed your writing style.
    Could you please PM me once you've updated?

Actually, this fic was inspired by something Lumiya said in 'Tempest'. I think it was the part where Alema and her were cannibalizing a missile for bomb parts, and discussing why Lumiya chose Jacen. She said something to the effect of 'Jaina Solo was too emotional, Kyp Durron too stubborn and unpredictable, Luke Skywalker too hidebound, etc.' I always wondered how Lumiya determined that. This story was my answer. And I'll certainly PM you when it's updated. Again, thanks for reading.

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I agree wholeheartedly with my wonderful fellow Kyp Clone Keeper, Ceillean...This is fantastic!!!!!

I really loved the banter between Kyle (another fave of mine) and Kyp. Wonderful stuff....=D=

I also like the twist with Lumiya...I'm very intrigued.

Please PM me with updates...I would appreciate it...[:D]

FL @};-

5. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    Wow great stuff!

This is really cool, it'll be interesting to see if Kyp turns again...

Really interesting idea!

Please add me to the PM list!

PHGS Weyr

6. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Welcome!

I think you?ll get readers. There?s a pretty steady stream of Kyp love here at fanfiction.

First off, great setting and action. Your choice of Kyle and Kyp is an interesting pairing. I like that Kyp get?s most of the POV.

?We?ve killed too many of them, Kyle. A decrease in quality was inevitable.?

Great banter between them. That whole wedding thing and just their approach to the battle:

?I say we take the subtle approach.?

Kyle translated this rather well, ?Meaning foolishly charge through hordes of mercenaries, likely crazy defenses, and four powerful Force warriors at the end??

Really very male there. Are you male or female? So many of Kyp?s authors are fangirls. Sometimes he gets caught up in a lot of mush. And Kyp has a huge following. Sure there will always be haters, but I really think more people like him.

Hiding a smile, the unrestrained force of nature that was Kyp Durron entered her mind?s eye.

Great description !

Durron now, also had a sense of honor and duty, but different than Katarn?s. Durron had the spirit of a rebel, and it would always be a part of him, despite his efforts to dispel it.

You really understand Kyp. I love how you are tying in Lumiya?s comment. I found myself pondering that too, but to work a fic out of it is cool. I can?t wait to read more!!!=D=

7. Quivyr

Sep 4, 2007
    Really very male there. Are you male or female? So many of Kyp?s authors are fangirls. Sometimes he gets caught up in a lot of mush. And Kyp has a huge following. Sure there will always be haters, but I really think more people like him.

I've been outed!:oops:

Yes, I'm a guy:)

I'm not a great mush writer, though I'm working on it. While there may be some, don't expect it to melt your heart or anything:p I don't dislike mush as long as it's part of a good story. That's what I like to read, and what I try to write.

I've read some of the stuff (particularly the Kyp/Jaina section) to get some ideas on Kyp's character. You mentioned that I understood Kyp. Well, a big thank you goes out to many of those writers who helped show me the way. While initially worried, I find him not hard to write about at all. In a way, he writes himself.

A big thank you to PHGS Weyr and Flowerlady for responding as well.:D

The next update should be later tonight or tomorrow. I'll PM when it arrives.

8. Quivyr

Sep 4, 2007
    Using Force-assisted speed, the two Jedi sprinted down the hallway, their light sabers flashing, eliminating the enemy as they passed any resistance. The fact that the corridor was curved assisted their movements. None of the mercenaries had a chance to see, or react, to their appearance. It meant they could approach the hangar entrance without any break in their pace.

Coming to a halt, Kyp regarded the elevator door to their next destination. They had taken off their flights in the entrance room to reveal Jedi robes. Kyp in brown and tan, Kyle wearing the black that the Grandmaster seemed to favor. Kyp took a position of guard and rather distastefully noticed the creases and wrinkles the robes had gained from their previously pinched state.

Kyle withdrew a tool kit from his belt and popped the cover of the interface to the elevator door. ?I can?t believe you talked me into wearing Jedi robes.?

Kyp smirked. Kyle usually wore simple work or casual wear. Nothing fancy or even Jedi-related. It was all about utility to Master Katarn. ?It?s all about a sense of style. How come you never wear one??

Kyle sighed, and withdrew a tool, inserting it into the exposed panel, then withdrawing a slicer card. ?Call it a holdover from my Imperial days. I don?t like dress codes.? Kyle slid the card into the open slot, and glanced around. ?How come you wear one now? You never did before.?

Kyp shrugged. It was complicated. After the Killik crisis, when the Jedi had come so close to fragmenting, he began to feel a deep responsibility to the Order itself. Luke?s speech on Ossus prior to the final events of the Swarm War had a lasting impression upon Kyp. There was no denying he played a large part in the near disbanding of the Jedi. Luke had stated loyalty to the Jedi first, or don?t be a Jedi at all; that always making the right decision was less important than the Jedi displaying a united front. The fact that he still felt he had been right wasn?t the issue. The Jedi were larger than himself. Sometimes, you had to subjugate your will and desires for the betterment of all. Kyp had never told Luke, but it was an important growth experience.

Glancing about the corridor, Kyp noted they were still undiscovered. There luck wouldn?t hold forever, and he was anxious for the slicer card to finish it?s work. ?Call it a sense of team spirit.?

Kyle was still gazing intently at the card, pressing buttons and adjusting as necessary. A tiny smile graced his lips, ?Never thought I?d hear you say that, Kyp.? It was somewhat awkward for a moment, as Katarn was not used to dispensing praise. ?You?ve done well this past year, Master Durron, but?while important to be a team player, don?t lose sight of being Kyp. That?s important, too.?

?Don?t worry, I?m still the biggest pain in the ass on the council.?

There was a beep from the card, and the door finally slid open. Kyle grinned, ?No argument there.?

Kyle and Kyp both moved into the elevator and it began its ascent. Kyp stopped the bantering and stretched out his senses. Using a view from the mind of the mercenary he touched, he gained an understanding of their tactical situation. Kyle left that to him. While powerful, Katarn did not have Kyp?s skill with touching minds. Kyle said, ?Well??

?It?s a large open area. There?s about 200 of them in there, including a couple Mandalorian mercenaries. The Jensaarai are tucked into a corner on the east wall, opposite the elevator and near the hangar doors. There?s still a few ships in there, none of them large. They look like mostly transports and escape vehicles.?

Kyle nodded, ?We?ll disable the ships as we go. Mandalorians? They should offer a few seconds of fun.?

?It?ll be difficult to handle the mercenaries and the Jensaarai at the same time. I say we split our attentions.?

Kyle said, ?Agreed.?

Kyp questioned, ?Do you want the mercenaries or the Jensaarai??

Katarn?s brow furrowed in thought, ?I?ll take the mercenaries. Spanking a few rebellious Force kiddies just isn?t

9. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    =D=

Great post. I enjoyed the Jedi action. I find canon lacks decent Jedi action. Wonderful job on that.

And of course, the banter between Kyle and Kyp was funny.

And I really, really liked your Master Durron portrayel. On one hand you have the pain in the ass (:p I loved that part) and on the other hand you have him as a Master.
    Shows how much he's grown over the past years.

Kyp shrugged, ?I?m going to see the Jensaarai home first. Then?well, I have an appointment of my own to keep in a week or so.?

Katarn looked at him steadily, knowing what he was talking about. ?I forgot it was that time of year, again. Catch up to you soon, Kyp.?

That time of year again? Hm...definately caught my attention.
    Eagerly awaiting the next post.

=D=

10. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Hmmm...like Ceillean said: "That time of year again." Could be several things, but I'm thinking some type of memorial to the departed?????? [face_thinking]

The action was great. It's really a good thing to get a male perspective around in the Kyp world! I love how they were all over the enemy, very descriptive.

Master Durron was indeed on the top of his Force game. But isn't Galen Lumiya's Sith acolyte? Is he all a lie???? Has he dispelled the poison?

Ut Oh!

Can't wait for more.

Thanks for such a fresh take on Kyp.

=D=

11. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Great job, not looking forward to finding out what "time of year" it is i imagine its not great for our Kyp!

Great Post! Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

12. Quivyr

Sep 4, 2007
    Ceillean: Thank you very much:D I'm glad you enjoyed the banter. I think I'm having a tendency to make it too cute at times, so I'm trying to tone it down a little.

Iamobiwan1970: Galen may make future appearances. I was only going to make him a faceless enemy who Kyp defeated, but he kind of just appeared as I was writing the scene. Funny how he just popped out of thin air. I think I may grow attached to him. He's not Tulyan Marr, however. You'll meet Lumiya's rather umm...delightful apprentice in a few posts.

I'm also glad you like the take on Kyp. Not sure how fresh it is, but I hope to not disappoint you:D Kyp still has a looooonng way to go in this story.

PHGS_Weyr: LOL, all three of you mentioned 'that time of year'. It's not anything bad. Well, it could be from a certain point of view, but I'm not going to be evil to Kyp....yet.... Here's your answer. I'll make another post after this one in a few moments as I had these parts written a few weeks ago. I'm just looking it over again. Although Iamobiwan's story is distracting me mightily...

It was all connected somehow. Kyp Durron was certain of that. The molecules of the stars were of the same atoms and subatomic particles that made up his body and consciousness. Only the circumstances were different. The molecules were packed tighter together, or in a more excited state. Except for different circumstances, Kyp Durron might have been a star.

He had to chuckle at that fact, and then immediately stopped. The image spread out before him was no laughing matter. If he had been a star, he wondered if he would have suffered this fate. There wasn?t much left of the Carida system; just a bright cloud, that may or may not one day coalesce into another stellar mass. Or it may just dissipate, he mused. Either way, not even the astrophysicists who had studied the system knew. Their best guess was it would be a million years before it could be known one way or the other. Much of the technology of the Sun Crusher weapon was still an unknown.

His brief sojourn to the Dark Side had been the cause of this. A stolen Imperial weapon, an ancient Sith ghost, and a willful teen with way too much force potential were usually a good recipe for disaster. The death of his brother here was also ever present in his mind. That was a wound that was ever fresh, and had never truly healed. Kyp Durron came here once a year, faithfully. No matter what he was doing, he tried to come on, or as close to the date of the anniversary of this destructive act as he could. The only time he didn?t was during the Yuuzhan Vong war, when he had come so close to falling again.

The last time he brushed the Dark Side, there was no Exar Kun to blame. It had been his own arrogance and stupidity. The Force was not a balance beam to be walked. There was no way to safely skirt the edges of the Dark Side without falling in eventually. He realized that now. If only the stupid fools who followed the Potentium view of the Force could be brought to know this, but that was a battle for another day. Kyp was here for a reason. He never wanted to forget. He never wanted to forget the teenager who did this. It was an important part of the man he had become.

Rather than toss him in prison, or execute him for this act, the Republic Senate had let Luke Skywalker determine his fate. Considering that Kyp and Exar Kun had together battled Luke and managed to knock him into a coma, Kyp had been certain that the penalty would be severe. Instead, Luke had sentenced him with one phrase. ?You will be a Jedi.?

At first, Kyp thought he had gotten off easy. That was far from the truth, and Kyp was just now beginning to understand this. The life of a Jedi was hard. It required the deepest commitment, both to others, and the Order itself. Even during the Yuuzhan Vong war, he hadn?t understood. Being a Jedi then, was all about action, and he thought he had done the right things, but had he? He was indirect

13. Quivyr

Sep 4, 2007
    A merry Christmas to all!

Walking along the path of the Jedi Temple, Kyp always had the impression that ghosts lingered here. The old Temple had never been demolished. The Emperor had let it sit in ruins and reportedly gazed on it often, to gloat most likely. There was an ever present low buzz, as if voices of many were speaking at once, and it was impossible to distinguish any one coherent voice. One thing Kyp was sure of, there was a sense of euphoria that Jedi once again walked these halls. That was fine with Kyp. The best kind of ghost was a happy ghost.

Kyp considered it almost a game to try and capture one voice out of the throng. Perhaps a Master Windu, or a Plo-Koon would deign to speak into his mind. These were names that were only rediscovered ten years or so after the Emperor?s death. The Emperor?s Purge, his attempt to destroy everything Jedi, had almost been complete. He had never been able to stamp out the black market on Jedi material however. That had been an unexpected, and welcome boon to the reconstructed Order.; even with the inflated prices the Order had to pay to get the material back. For many years, Luke had floundered in the dark about the true Jedi ways and traditions. He had only done what he thought was right.

Many things they had discovered about the old Order had come as a surprise. The biggest had been that of what they termed, ?attachment?. A Jedi euphemism for friendship, family, marriage, and yes?sex. By the time the current Order had discovered this old tradition, it had been too late. Kyp had never believed Luke?s explanation that he had known along, and relaxed the philosophy of attachment as an experiment. No, the truth was, by the time Luke had found out, too many Jedi were bopping like banthas. The Order had succumbed to the hormone side of the Force, and there was no turning back.

With a sense of amusement, Kyp mused that it was a happy accident that the Order had been reconstructed before the old ways were revealed. The old Order had fallen for a reason. They were too hidebound and set in their ways. The Jedi Order was once again fresh and new, and the sky was the limit. Floundering in the dark for so many years had actually been a blessing in disguise. Despite the many mistakes and disasters that had befallen them, the Jedi came out of each crisis stronger than it had been before. Kyp prayed that the day would never come when the Jedi once again became stagnant and unable to change with the times.

A sense of disappointment followed Kyp?s shutting off of the ghosts. He had mentioned that he felt their presence to a few masters, and to his surprise, only Corran, Kyle and Luke admitted to experiencing the same. Coming out of his reverie, Kyp found himself before the Grand Master?s reception desk. Nodding to Miri Valorn, he said, ?Master Skywalker is expecting me I believe??

A professional smile answered his question, ?Yes, Master Durron, you are to go right in.?

Kyp had tried to flirt with Miri in the past. She had always rebuffed him with a professional courtesy that seemed to permeate all the civilian employees of the Order. Kyp sometimes wondered if they were more Jedi-like than the actual Jedi. Waving a hand, Kyp opened the door with the Force, and gazed around the spacious office. Not for the first time, Kyp thought that Skywalker needed the services of a professional decorator. The office was rather bare, and the few pieces of art and furniture that were there just did not fit. Luke had mentioned once that Mara had done the decorating. Kyp believed that completely. He doubted that environmental niceties were high on the list of training for an Emperor?s Hand.

Turning his attention to the room?s center, he found Masters Katarn and Skywalker nodding to him in greeting. Returning the favor, he noted something in the middle of the desk. ?A Jedi Holocron??

Katarn grinned in answer, ?Not just any Holocron.?

Twirling the Holocron around absently, Luke was obviously deep in thought and seemed somewhat tro

14. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I am loving this 'fic! If you have a PM list, I'd love to be on it.

My fave part so far is:

Luke?s eyes twinkled, ?That?s enough. Come back in two days and we?ll go over everything. And don?t try to blow the galaxy up??

Kyle chuckled, ?Asks much, does he.?

Kyp said, ?Do or do not, there is no try.?

Master Katarn agreed with feigned solemnity, ?I believe you?re right, Kyp. Master Durron and myself promise not to try, we will blow the galaxy up.?

I love the banter between these two. :D

And do my eyes deceive me, or is this going to answer Han's question of "I like Kyp, what ever happened there?"?

Dana

15. JEDI_MARAUDER

JEDI_MARAUDER Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    Very good, I can't wait to hear more. So glad you used Katarn, he is so underrated.

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Kyp looked at Kyle, ?Luke Skywalker taking a month off??

?Shocking??

Kyp agreed, ?Scandalous??

?Break out the Sith detector.?

Luke?s eyes twinkled, ?That?s enough. Come back in two days and we?ll go over everything. And don?t try to blow the galaxy up??

Kyle chuckled, ?Asks much, does he.?

Kyp said, ?Do or do not, there is no try.?

Master Katarn agreed with feigned solemnity, ?I believe you?re right, Kyp. Master Durron and myself promise not to try, we will blow the galaxy up.?

[face_laugh] My favorite part in this post.

As said before, the banter is just great.

I have to admit, it's refreshing reading about Kyp from a male point of view. I am totally loving this fic.

And my female intuition served me well! :p I kind of had the feeling that he would go visit Carida.

I find this is a side of Kyp we've not really seen before and you have no idea how much I'm enjoying this.

[:D]

Great update!
    =D=

17. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    I love the dynamic duo that are Kyp and Kyle, the banter is amazing!

Poor old Kyp... that vision isn't so ummm.... promising?

Great Job! Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

18. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    I just read the first part, and I have to say, after that banter between Kyp and Kyle, I would very much like you to marry me. :)

I already love this fic to bits. We're long overdue for another Kyp-centered epic.

I love the way you think, as well. I love that Lumiya is focusing on Kyp here - yes, indeed, for a Sith he is much more tempting an ally that Jacen Solo - I don't know if we should be offended or grateful that the profic authors have never exploited this path.

If you'd like to bounce off some ideas :) I'm available. And it'd be my pleasure.

Thanks for the treat.

A.

19. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Finally got all caught up...

I loved the way Kyp was able to talk the young Jenassai(?sp) out of his darkness.

The trip to Carida was good and really makes sense. I really could see Kyp doing this.

The last part with Luke and the holocron was very well played out.

As the others have all said, you definitely have a clear understanding of Kyp.

I am truly loving this fic. =D=

FL @};-

20. Quivyr

Sep 4, 2007
    Sorry I haven't been replying the last couple of days. I had to travel a bit for a family get together for Christmas. I got back late last night, and then got dragged to the malls for most of the day for all the sales through angry mobs of other sales-goers...you get the drift.

DantanaSkywalker: And do my eyes deceive me, or is this going to answer Han's question of "I like Kyp, what ever happened there?"

Indeed, it will:D I've also been looking at our fics via the K/J index. Man, there's alot, lol. I'm about halfway through now, but am enjoying them greatly. I particularly liked Doofus Chickenbuns (snicker) and the Fidelis series.

JEDI_MARAUDER: Very good, I can't wait to hear more. So glad you used Katarn, he is so underrated.

First off, thank you for responding. :D Oh, I agree. I think the entire Master's council is underrated. I'd like DR to make a series of books called 'The Master's Council'. They could each get a book. I'd really like to get to know them all better. Heck, I even think Cilghal would make an excellent story with a little imagination. The only possible exception I might make to that is Corran Horn, since he's already gotten a novel.

Funny thing about Kyle is, I knew very little about him before starting this story. He kinda grew on me the more I researched. I originally picked him because I thought him the best fit as Kyp's partner in the early going. He's going to phase out, but he likely will make more appearances.

Ceillean: And my female intuition served me well! I kind of had the feeling that he would go visit Carida.

Your female intuition is much too accurate.;)

PHGS_Weyr: Poor old Kyp... that vision isn't so ummm.... promising?

Promising? No..but fun!

Ars_Longa: I just read the first part, and I have to say, after that banter between Kyp and Kyle, I would very much like you to marry me.

My girlfriend wants to know how much you're willing to pay. First she drags me through the malls and now she auctions me off like a cow. *sighs* I feel so [face_love]

I love the way you think, as well. I love that Lumiya is focusing on Kyp here - yes, indeed, for a Sith he is much more tempting an ally that Jacen Solo - I don't know if we should be offended or grateful that the profic authors have never exploited this path.

If you'd like to bounce off some ideas. I'm available. And it'd be my pleasure.

I'm actually a bit more grateful that they haven't. It gave me the chance to do this.:D While I'd love to see a Kyp-centric novel, it also scares me a bit to see what they'd do.

And as far as ideas, I may just do that. I've also read the first few chapters of By Any Other Name, which I believe is yours? Any story that turns Mara Jade into Kyp's secret fangirl gets my seal of approval, hehe. I really like that you showed some Han-Kyp time, too. Han will also make appearances here. I see them as kind of father- adopted son, and hopefully I do it as much justice as you did.

Flowerlady:I loved the way Kyp was able to talk the young Jenassai(?sp) out of his darkness.

Thank you:D I think if Kyp ever did encounter something like this, he'd be very sympathetic, and do everything he could to bring them back. He may not have Luke's skill with redemption, but I don't think he'd be totally clueless in the situation.

I'd love to see a confrontation between Kyp and Jacen in LoTF, actually. I think Kyp would make some telling points to Caedus. However, the authors of that series almost seem to be afraid of a Jacen-Kyp encounter.

Without further ado, here's the next post. It's rather weak, and I'm not proud of it, but it does serve it's purpose. Meh.

?Are you ready, Kyp??

Setting his feet, Kyp fell into a pure defensive mind-set. Kyle and himself had been at this for several days, and there was no luck yet. Lowering his blade into the starting position of Soresu. The s

21. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    My girlfriend wants to know how much you're willing to pay. First she drags me through the malls and now she auctions me off like a cow.

Heh, after the New Year presents to my husband and son I might be broke already, but we can make a trade-in with your girlfriend. :) My hubby is very useful in some respects and can fix anything in her house that is and isn't broken, while you and I can talk SW. :)

I'm actually a bit more grateful that they haven't. It gave me the chance to do this. grin While I'd love to see a Kyp-centric novel, it also scares me a bit to see what they'd do.

Oh, I definitely hear ya! Every time I hear the name Denning, I shudder in fear.

And as far as ideas, I may just do that. I've also read the first few chapters of By Any Other Name, which I believe is yours? Any story that turns Mara Jade into Kyp's secret fangirl gets my seal of approval, hehe. I really like that you showed some Han-Kyp time, too. Han will also make appearances here. I see them as kind of father- adopted son, and hopefully I do it as much justice as you did.

Hmmm, if you've read only what was posted here on the boards, I have to tell you that I actually improved it a lot since then (or tried to, anyway). I also wrote two other stories in a different AU, but I have to warn you, just in case, they are not for the slash-intolerant people. But I'm quite proud of them. All the goodies are on www.boyfromkessel.net, look under Fan-fiction.

As for talking, I'm really eager. I haven't had anyone to really talk Kyp and SW with in too long a time. I'll PM you my IMs requisites, OK?

Thank you, now off to reading your update. :)

22. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I really found Mara's thoughts interesting. I too find it ironic that they often do seem to agree on things, yet they seemingly don't like each other. [face_thinking]

Great post and I can't wait for more. =D=

FL @};-

23. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Heh, thanks. Yeah, I know I've written a ton. I've got 120 SW 'fics on my harddrive, and only about 10 of them aren't K/J. *facepalm* Some of the ones that are in the index have been discontinued, due to . . . issues with a few users here who objected to my stories. My current stories that are actually being updated are "Like The Deserts Miss The Rain", "Still Be There", and "Perfect Strangers". I think you'd like those, given your writing here.

You may also want to stop by The Kyp Durron Fan Club. :)

Thinking about this, I'd say that you'd likely have to enjoy the fight as a learning experience, testing your boundaries and your opponent's, like friendly competition rather than a fight to the death. That's probably not it, but that's the thought that came to me while reading. I admit I don't know much about the lightsaber styles, so this has been educational.

That's one of the things that's annoyed me the most about the recent books. In the NJO, Kyp and Jaina were best friends, closer than Jaina was with anyone else in the galaxy at that point, and now they barely speak? What the kriff happened?!

Great update, can't wait for more!

Dana

24. Quivyr

Sep 4, 2007
    Funny, you mentioned that. I was actually looking at the Fan Club a few moments ago:) I probably won't post tonight though. I'm exhausted and have to return to work tomorrow:_|

25. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    (whining) Can someone just take us off work under the pretense of national emergency or whatever? Say, for a month?

Oh, I forgot. In case of national emergency I'll be one of those who have to be tied to the working place. :(

RL is a RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.