main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A L/M AU bunny--anyone want?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Sock_of_Darth_Vader, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    This bunny assailed me in the middle of the night. I don't want to write it myself, because a)I already have two long fics in the works, and I just don't have the time b)I have a character of my own in mind for Luke, and c)I've never written Mara, don't know if I could, and am disinclined to try.

Anyway, the scenario is this:
    Around three years post-Ep III, Obi-Wan and Padmé met up briefly on Alderaan or Naboo. Obi's heading for Tatooine when he mets a young woman, say Mara 1 ;), who'd been a Padawan during the Clone War. Her Master was killed, and since then she's been living hand to mouth, and now Vader's on her trail, as part of his kill-the-Jedi campaign. Obi is horrified at the possiblity of a meeting between Vader and Padmé (he's just been talking Padmé out of this), meaning that Vader and the Emperor would find out about the twins.The two of them come to this: Mara 1 throws herself to the wolves, so to speak, and draws Vader away from Padmé, if Obi takes her infant daughter to safety. (I somehow think the baby isn't the result of a loving relationship, poor thing). She gives Obi her master's blue-bladed lightsaber for Mara 2 when she's old enouhg. So Obi is left (literally) holding the baby while Mara 1 successfully diverts Vader's attention from Padmé. He and Mara 2 go back to Tatooine. Mara 2 will scream the place down when she senses her mother's death, and Obi's at his wit's end. He does toy with the idea of handing her over to the Larses, but Owen isn't having any. Beru does give him some parenting advice, while little Luke and little Mara play on the floor, and Mara pokes Lukie in the eye. :D

Fast forward sixteen years or so. Ben rears Mara, not training her exactly, but teaching her a lot of the history and philosophy of the Jedi. She's a rebel though, and sneaks away to Beggar's Canyon to race with Luke and his friends. She doesn't know him that well, but feels a certain kinship to him over the fact that they're both misfits. Anyway, Luke and the droids arrive at Ben's, and everyone sets off for Alderaan. (I don't know where Mara's going to go in the speeder though; Luke's knee? ;) ). The teenagers get off to a somewhat rocky start?Mara thinks Luke's fascination with Leia's hologram is funny. This is probably the time she invents the 'farmboy' nickname?he really is one at this point, lol. She doesn't know what to do when Owen and Beru are killed?comforting people really isn't her line of country. She acquits herself somewhat better than Luke in Mos Eisley?here's an idea for the cantina brawl: Ugly guy (got the death penalty in 12 systems) tries to hit on Mara, Luke tries to protect her, gets himself knocked down, and Ben and Mara whip out their lightsabers and start dicing arms right and left. :)

Mara and Han hit it off (in a totally non-romantic way though?she is 16/17 at this point, and she reminds Han of himself at that age). I always thought they were very similar. Imagine the "You don't believe in the Force" conversation with a Padawan Mara thrown into the mix! ;)
    On the Death Star, she joins in the Princess-rescuing operation less reluctantly than Han, but still complaining about farmboys with no self-preservation instinct and stormie armour with no room to put a lightsaber. ("I don't think they designed it with Jedi in mind, Mara.") She gives Luke the "This weapon is your life!" line, but he (or rather Han) decides it's too late to go back for it. On the way back to the Falcon, she ends up with Han and Chewie charging the stormtroopers (I don't think Luke could carry Leia and Mara on the rope swing ;P, and I don't see Leia being foolhardy enough to go with Han!) She reacts even worse than Luke to Ben's death, starts mowing down stormies, hears Obi saying "Run!" and realises she is bordering the Dark Side, and is hauled onto the Falcon by her collar by Han.

While Luke is being comforted by the princess and shooting down TIES, Mara holes up in the Falcon's medbay (or somewhere) bawling her eyes out. Luke eventually gets around to finding and trying to

2. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Whoa...nice bunny, DV, and I'm tempted, but as you probably already know, I've got pressure in the extreme on me already. Two novels and six plot bunnies...it can get to a girl. ;)

I loved this:

"Master, the Jedi Order now consists of yourself, two half-trained Padawans and a ghost. I don't think you can afford to be picky."

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    If you can't find anyone to write this, you should definitely do it! I was leery about writing Mara at first, but as you work with characters, they tend to develop to your style. :)

I would be tempted to take this bunny, but it would probably turn out different from what you would want... my stories tend to start as planned, then run away on their own, leaving me to chase after them. ;) Besides that, I'm trying to balance my writing with having a three-week-old... I don't think I have time to write this one right now.

4. JainaPadmeJade

JainaPadmeJade Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 20, 2002
    Hey!! I would like to do this bunny!! I have great ideas!! he he, so if i could have ur permission...that'd be great!!

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    sounds really interesting

I'd give it a try, but I've got my own L/M story I am trying to finish up.

If anyone attempts this plot bunny, please send me a PM! I'd read it!

6. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Very interesting.

7. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    "Where were you hiding your lightsaber, Mara?"
    "Believe me, Skywalker, you do
    not want to know" [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

lol, that was brilliant. I might take you up on this one if I find time, but chances are I won't. I'll read it if anyone else does it, though! :)

Nemesis ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.