A "last" screening of RotS as a group? Sunday 8/7 MV

Discussion in 'San Jose CA' started by Knight_Dilettante, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    What about a group attendance of RotS for one last time? Obviously it's too late for us to get there this weekend, as a group, most likely, but I am up for any day of the week as well. I can't get show times past Thursday but that seems to be true for everything not just RotS so it may well be that next weekend would work.

Anyone else up for it? It's still playing at the Century 24 in San Jose as well as a number of other places. Couldn't we have a quick meeting somewhere first and then head off to the movie? That way we'd get one of our meetings out of the way as well. If it were still at the 22 I would suggest meeting at Flames coffee shop but since it isn't and I am not as familiar with the Century 24 does someone else have a suggestion?

Showtimes are 3:50 pm and 7:00 pm. I'd be up for either timeslot any day as long as I have a day's notice to arrange childcare.

Anyone else up for it?

KD
  2. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm kinda tied up with Eloping plans for a while... [face_dancing] 8-} [face_hypnotized] :D
  3. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd love to go see the movie with some other fans. Combining this with a quick meeting sounds like a fabulous idea. However, I work 5Am-11:30, Tues-Sat. This makes bedtime 7Pm for me, so a late movie/meeting only works for me on a Sat.
  4. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I've been out of it with an ear infection for a few days or I'd have tried to set us up for this weekend. If we want to go see RotS as a group our last chance may be Thursday at the Mountain View Century Cinemas since it is already gone from the Century 24. Would the 3:45 showing on Thursday August 4th work out for anyone else? I'm a bit worried about waiting until the weekend in case Mt. View drops it after Thursday. Fandango only has show times through Thursday.

Of course, there is a good chance it will come to the Spangenberg in Palo Alto later on if people would prefer to wait for that.

I'm going to go on Thursday, though I might go earlier than 3:45 if no one else is going to come along. Or if earlier is better for more people, there is a 12:20 showing also.

Reply here or by PM if you are interested, and if a different time suits better, (12:20, 3:45, 6:45, 9:40 is the full list of showtimes) please state that in your reply.

I'm for any and everyone joining in if they want to. I think it would be fun to see it with as many fans as possible.

KD
  5. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm still out of it with an ear infection or I'd have done this earlier. And I have to see ENT tomorrow afternoon so can't do the movie tomorrow after all. But, RotS will still be playing at the Mt. View Century 16 (click here for tickets) on Saturday and Sunday at 12:20pm, 3:45pm, 6:45pm, and 9:40pm. So I recommend we go Sunday at 12:20pm or 3:45pm. Does that work any better for anyone than my earlier suggestion? I know Saturday is the Santa Cruz thing (which sadly, I can't go to because of other commitments for part of the day) and indeed Sunday works better for me anyway because of those same commitments.

Anyone else interested?

Anyone?

KD
  6. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry, Sunday's out for me. Have fun, though.
  7. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, Bummer Lilith, I was hoping you'd be able to make it. My sunday has gotten fuller than I'd like too but I'm still planning on going to the 3:45 show even if I have to go alone.

I'll bring cookies as a bribe for others...

KD
  8. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. Knight_Dilettante Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_blush] I didn't make it either. My husband's satafrataratan pickup died on the freeway on our way back from our earlier errand and I didn't even get home until after 4:30. And by the time I did, I couldn't rearrange the baby sitter time.

KD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.