main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

a (late) Birthday fic for Jane Jinn: It's All a Dream (isn't it?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Susie, Jun 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Susie

Jedi Susie Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2000
    Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are not my characters. I even used Jane and An-Paj without permission, but I hope they forgive me ^_^ (zero money and zero permission)

This is a short, very silly fic that I lost and found again. It was supposed to come out for Jane Jinn?s b-day, but as I said I lost it. So, here it is.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, JANE!

Susie

~~~
    IT?S ALL A DREAM (isn?t it?)
    ~~~

It was the same nightmare again- the same horrid, painfully realistic dream. She had been there, her and her other?followers. The ones that believed the gruesome ways of her life. The young boy shivered again.

He could never escape her.

The powers she had built up had become tremendous; everyone knew her, knew what she did, and they?they wanted it. The dreams had been coming non-stop for well over a three months now and each time it was almost like he was inside a story. A different place, different time, but her influence was present nonetheless.

In every dream he heard the soft muttering of ?Obi-Torture? by some female voice. Throughout the nights he had begun to recognize that voice and learned to fear it. Everytime he heard it, torture did follow.

Tonight had been the worse, tonight he had finally met the person behind the voice. He had finally met the one that caused his dreams to have so much pain- the one that caused him to suffer so.

He had met Jane.

Jane Jinn, a woman?s whose name, even completely awake, caused the boy to shudder. Somehow this woman had infected his dreams with torture of all kinds. Whips, electrojabers, poison, knifes, anything and everything had been done to the boy. Each night it seemed some knew torture was derived by someone else, but all had the markings of Jane.

He could hear her chanting ?Obi-torture? again and again till he thought he would go mad. There was no escaping her or her influences.

Equally as terrible as the tortures that she inflicted on him was her one loyal companion: Healer An-Paj. That alien had to be a Sith in disguise. Ever night, as the torture by her ended, the torture by the blue healer started. Needles, tweezers, strange antibiotics, all were his favorite forms of making the young Padawan suffer.

Together, Jane and An-Paj, had taken root in Obi-Wan?s dreams and made them a endless cycle of pain and more pain. His only saving grace, the only thing that helped him keep his sanity, was the kind soul of his Master that would comfort him after one of these nightmares.

Tonight, as if on cue, the older Jedi entered the boy?s room and sat at his bed.

?Another nightmare??

A nod.

?Was it Jane??

A shake of the head.

?Who then??

?I-it w-w-was one of h-her followers.? A sniff. ?Peggy, I think.?

Qui-Gon pulled his boy into a hug.

?There, there Padawan. She?s gone right now.?

?B-but, h-h-he was there, too!?

A smoothing hand rubbed the boy?s back. ?Everything?s okay now. No more Jane torture, no more An-Paj.?

Obi-Wan looked up to his Master?s eyes. ?No whips or healers??

A nod answered the question.

?Thank you, Master.?

?You?re welcome.?

Silence fell and Qui-Gon wondered if his apprentice was asleep until the boy spoke again.

?Do you think it will ever stop? Do you think this?this Obi-t-t-torture will one day end??

Qui-Gon smoothed his hand over the young Jedi?s spiky hair. ?Of course, Padawan. One day it will.?

Off in the distance, though, a soft female voice spoke. ?I don?t think so.?

THE END!!!!!!!!

2. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
  3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hah, that was too funny!

Actually, there should have been a whole chorus of female voices chanting "I don't think so!"

I loved the way Obi-Wan sobbed "Peggy, I think."

Thank you so much!

4. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Not a problem. I just happen to find the story today while muddling over old disc. I figured it had been lost, but once found, I just had to post it.

Glad you enjoyed it.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awwww, how terribly sweet for Jane and horrible for "poor Obi-Wan" [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was awesome Susie!!!!

6. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! AH! That was great Susie!!!!

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    HAHAHAHAHA! That was classic Susie!

What a great birthday present!

Kit

8. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Glad you all liked it. T

he only reason I wrote it was becuase I was reading some story (I can't even remember what one now) and it had An-Paj cracking jokes about Obi always being injuried. It was then I realized how much Jane has influenced the JA world both with torture (evil grin) and with a certain Healer.

Figured I best pay a little tribute to them both :)

9. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    ROFLOL!!!! That was great! *snerk* Okay, now the other people in the lab are looking at me weird, but I can't help it. That was so perfect!

10. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh my goodness Susie, that was hilarious!!!!

There are some wonderfully evil authors here and I know I hope they never give the boy a rest [face_devil]

11. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Thank you, Lilith and Kelly!

So, the other lab people are starting to look at you odd (did I say starting? I mean continuing). But hey they just don't understand the finer points of Obi-Torture :)

Kelly- I believe you're right. There are certainly some evil authors that I'm sure Obi would ran run.

Thank again guys!

12. The_CPCJ

The_CPCJ Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    We, too, would like to wish Jane a happy birthday, but we must protest the advocation of Jedi-torture in general, and Obi-torture in specific. And so, here is our offering:

The Error of the Angsty Way, or The Danger of the Angst-Side

Obi-wan woke violently, struggling to be free of the tangle of his blankets and sitting bolt upright in his bed. The beads of sweat on his face and neck rolled slowly downward with the pull of gravity. In an unconscious reflex, the young man rubbed at the palm of his hand with a thumb. No, there was no nail hole, his ribs were all intact, it had been another of those horrible dreams.

Shuddering and trembling with reaction, he waited in the dark for the soft footfalls that heralded his master?s approach. Large, gentle hands wiped the tears from his eyes and strong arms held him comfortingly.

?It?s over, Padawan. It was just a dream.? The baritone voice was calm, soothing, a healing balm for his rattled and frayed nerves.

?But it was so real, Master, so real. I could feel everything. It hurt so bad I could hardly breathe,? he mumbled back. Dreams, night after night, with no rest to be found. Dreams of pain, of torture, of agony, of unrelenting mental and physical distress. And each day found him with dark circles under his eyes and listless with his lack of energy. Every evening he went into his bedroom and stared at his bed. Just stared. He didn?t want to get in it, though he knew it was hardly the bed?s fault. It was soft and comfortable, as it should be. It was the dreams he feared. And so it went, day after day, night after night, and the fear grew.

?Master, what if they don?t go away??

?They will, Padawan. All nightmares end eventually.?

?But I?m not sure that these are nightmares, Master. I think, I think they?re something else.? Obi-wan tilted his head back to look up into his master?s blue-grey eyes. ?They are different every night. There?s always some new horrible thing they do to me. I?m afraid to sleep anymore, Master.?

Qui-gon let his padawan?s words filter through his mind. It was true, he could feel the exhaustion in the young man and hear the trembling tension in his voice. He had seen the panicked hesitation when Obi-wan paused ever so slightly before entering his room the last few nights. The boy?s appetite had almost disappeared and he was losing weight. Nearly a week before Qui-gon had taken the boy to the soul healers, but even they had been at a loss to explain what was happening.

His padawan was wasting away, mentally as well as physically, before his very eyes, and he was helpless to stop it. While the sandy-haired boy fell asleep in his arms, tugged by exhaustion back into that fearful and terrifying state, Qui-gon thought the situation through.

There was a woman, Jane, who, with her followers, delighted in the torture of a defenseless Jedi apprentice. His padawan was their main target, but Obi-wan was not the only one being affected and hurt by it. Qui-gon?s heart bled for the boy who was fast becoming like his own son, and his soul quivered with anger because he could not stop what was happening. Obi-wan?s friends were feeling it as well.

Sith. Jane and her followers had to be some sort of Sith. That was the only explanation.

Seeing that Obi-wan truly was asleep once more, the tall master lowered him back onto his pillow and pulled up the blankets to arrange them snugly around the boy?s body. He stroked a gentle hand over his padawan?s short, spiky hair.

?Sleep well, Obi-wan,? he murmured quietly, and prayed to the Force that it would be so.

Rising, Qui-gon turned and walked silently to the door. He paused in the shadows, glancing back over his shoulder when he heard Obi-wan flop over onto his side restlessly, a hurt whimper passing between his lips. Qui-gon winced away from the pathetic sound and moved to return to his padawan?s side.

Before he could take a step, a low laugh, full of anticipation and menace, drew the Jedi?s attention to a dark fig

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Um... Qui-Gon, here I am! Come and get me!

*Leona hides the the lightsabe proof, Force dampening net she plans to ensnare him in*

ROFLOL!!! That was fantastic!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

14. The_CPCJ

The_CPCJ Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    *Bowing* We thank you for your support.

The Council for Prevention of Cruelty to Jedi is still a small group as yet and we are taking applications from those who wish to join our ranks and help in the effort to put a stop to the unreasoning barbarity of Jedi-torture. ;)

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Just what type of qualifications are needed and what do I get in return for joining??

Can I adopt the Jedi of my choice??? I promise to take great care of him???

16. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Leona is that despeartion in your voice? No doubt you would take care of your Jedi :)

The_CJCP (although I know that's that name of your group) too funny! Qui you protect that apprentice of yours from those sithy writters.

**small voice in head** Ah, Susie, you sometimes write Obi-torture and you enjoy it.

I mean, that is...

**slowly fads away**

17. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    CPCJ, I haven't seen you around lately! You must have so little to do, since there is a distinct lack of Obi-Torture on the boards, that you are throwing yourself at every little infraction out of sheer desperation, huh?

I still wonder who you really are.

18. The_CPCJ

The_CPCJ Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    Unfortunately, as I said before, the Council is as yet very small. There are but four of us at the moment and two are highly inactive due to lack of internet connections.

We do what we can, but there is only so much time in the day and with so few we, sadly, cannot catch and remonstrate each and every offender as we would like.

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I thought I knew who was behind all this, but I was wrong!

*whacks head against wall*

See, it's not just Obi-Wan who gets tortured. I'm perfectly willing to kick myself, too.

I still feel this sudden urge to take Obi-Wan hostage and torture him, just to make the CPCJ react, though!

20. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Jane.... Nothing would make me happier than that :D [face_devil] :D

21. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    hey that sounds good Jane!

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Yes, more by Jane would be awesome!!!

If this is what comes from the CPCJ then I'll be happy to see them post more!! :D :D

23. Jedi Susie

Mar 12, 2000
    Oh dear...

we've got Jane, Kelly and Leona all here begging for Obi-torture

**grabs popcorn**

Oookay, let's go!

**looks over to CPCJ**

Want some? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.