main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Legacy series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ForceSynaesthesia, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    hey wouldn't it be cool if they made a cartoon for the new Legacy series. I can just imagine that being a success, like based of the comics +100 years in the future.

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes that would be very cool but there is already a thread to discuss TV Shows or Animated Shows set after ROTJ. The link to that thread is provided below.

http://boards.theforce.net/small_screen_star_wars/b10467/21331531/p1/?58

3. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    1. Since when have the Legacy comics been a success? They don't even come out for five months.
    2. There's no way this would be a success. No interest at all in the eyes of the general public - it'd just be another sci-fi show.

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    If it's successful and has a good story and since it's Star Wars it would be probably be able to survive on televisition.

5. sarlaccpit_48

sarlaccpit_48 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    I belive that this will let us see a world that we could only imagine before. Just like the old repulic. So much can happen. It's sure to be a success. New empire, new sith order and new skywalker. It's everything that we have ever feared has come true. Everything Luke fought against from ever coming back. I know that George has said that he won't make any more films, but if he did I belive this would be perfect.

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    It would probably be made into a Live Action TV Series or an Animated Series not a movie.

7. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    But that's the point I made in my post. Something so removed from the movies, both chronologically and stylistically/thematically, wouldn't seem like Star Wars to the average viewer.

8. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Yeah, that's why Luycas has stuck to things l;ike Clone Wars and the Episode III-IV live-action series. I'm pretty sure that he'll only create shows that will be widely viewed. While I agree a Legacy series might be cool, that's just a fan's wet dream, unfortunately.

9. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    We barely know anything about the Legacy era. How do we know it will be a success?

10. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    from those two pages you can tell its going to be different, and it has potential to be great. if so, a tv show could also succeed well in this timeframe

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    We don't know if it is going to be a success but it has potential and if it is successful maybe a Legacy TV Series could be made.

12. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Sorry for the double post but I think if the first two Star Wars TV Series are successful we may see a Live Action KOTOR-era TV Series and an Animated Legacy Series. I think that would be pretty awesome but what do you guys think?

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    No Academy Award nomintation for special effects for ROTS. GL in the last 29 years never has done anything television wise after ROTS or before Episode 1. Do I see it happening? Nope, not unless GL dies and the rights get sold or something like that.

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    The reason why ROTS was not nominated for the special effects award in the Academy Awards is probably because GL left the Screen Directors' Guild a long time ago.

15. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>GL in the last 29 years never has done anything television wise after ROTS or before Episode 1.<<<

Young Indiana Jones...

16. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    ... and the two Ewok films, and the holiday special, and the ewoks and droids series, and the clone wars series. [face_batting] :D

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    What about the Clone Wars Animated Micro-Series too.

18. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    I doubt any true fans will even read the Legacy Comics...

19. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Uh, why not?

20. darkside61490

darkside61490 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    I won't. It's EU. As in ew. Call me an untrue Star Wars fan, but I don't care for EU. There's way too much of it. I like my stories to be able to be viewed/read/played completely in at most one life span.

21. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    So I guess you are not going to watch the Star Wars Live Action TV Series or the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series since they are probably going to be considered EU.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    "I won't. It's EU. As in ew. Call me an untrue Star Wars fan, but I don't care for EU. There's way too much of it. I like my stories to be able to be viewed/read/played completely in at most one life span."

So, what do you do as a star wars fan. I've always wanted to jknow. Serisously, without the EU, the movies are just some great movies. Everything is set and done with nothing to look forward too.

23. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Yeah, the films would be pretty dry in some areas without the EU. In fact, if it weren't for the EU, I don't think I would still be a SW fan.[face_plain]

24. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    We probably would not have gotten ROTS, AOTC, and TPM if the EU had not made so much money. Also as I said before I guess you are not going to watch the Star Wars Live Action TV Series or the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series since they are most likely going to be considered EU.

25. darkside61490

darkside61490 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    That was a real weak comeback since we both know the answer. I am going to watch the tv series and the 3D Clone Wars, just as I watched the first Clone Wars. I don't consider the first Clone Wars EU, and I most likely won't consider these EU either. It can't just be the movies, and then everything else is EU. I take most tv/ movie Star Wars things as canon. I don't care how you define EU, that's how I define it. And that's how loads of non-EU Star Wars fans define it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.