main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Legacy series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ForceSynaesthesia, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I was just proving a point. Some Star Wars fans think anything outside of the movies are EU. As I said before without the EU we probably would not have gotten the PT.

2. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Please tell me why you consider all TV things G-canon? Is it because you're afraid or too lazy to pick up a book? If you actually read one or two of them, you would reallize that most of it is in fact heaps better than what Lucas himself produces. Tell me why any non-film live-action/animated thingsa would ever take precedence. All it is is a different media to tell a story.

3. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

You mean like:

-Giant salamanders that block the force...
    -EVERYONE has a clone
    -The three PT movies have rendered allmost everything in EU wrong
    (Untill the ret-conists get ahold of it)
    -Super-weapons seem to just fall out of thin air
    -We went through that whole thing in ROTJ, only to have the Emperor
    come back....in yet another clone

I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977, and I've read allmost all the EU, and let me tell you, just about ALL of it sounds like some kind of Supershadow crap.

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Some of the EU is good and some of it is bad. You seem to be just focusing on the EU set after ROTJ. I personally find some EU stories quite enjoyable.

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>You mean like:

-Giant salamanders that block the force...
    -EVERYONE has a clone
    -The three PT movies have rendered allmost everything in EU wrong
    (Untill the ret-conists get ahold of it)
    -Super-weapons seem to just fall out of thin air
    -We went through that whole thing in ROTJ, only to have the Emperor
    come back....in yet another clone <<<

But there are many good parts of the EU that more than make up for its shortcomings.

-The comics, especially the stories dealing with Quin Vos and Lt. Sunber.
    -The Han Solo Adventures; wonderful books written in the early days of the EU
    -Republic Commando
    -The X-wing novels
    -Labyrinth of Evil and Dark Lord
    -Knights of the Old Republic

And there are others, depending on whose opinion you ask.

>>>-The three PT movies have rendered allmost everything in EU wrong
    (Untill the ret-conists get ahold of it) <<<

The PT also contradicted parts of the OT...

And some of those mistakes weren't the fault of the EU writers, but of the information they got from George that he changed when he made the PT (the dating of the Clone Wars, Anakin's age, the age of the Republic, etc.)

We're not trying to force you to read or like the EU, just to recognize that not all of it is as bad as the parts you named. :)

>>>I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977, and I've read allmost all the EU, and let me tell you, just about ALL of it sounds like some kind of Supershadow crap. <<<

For humor's sake, allow me to post something from the page of Ye Idiot:
    Luke and Mace fight the Dark Jedi, until a missile is shot close to Mace. Mace loses his light saber and a Dark Jedi is about to shoot him. But Luke intervenes and saves Mace by killing that Dark Jedi. After the battle, Mace trusts Luke and says: ?Your father attacked me, but instead, you rescued me. I will help you prosper the Jedi Order.? Then they leave the planet. Another idea of mine is a mutated rancor. The Dark Jedi stole rancors and mutated them with chemicals and drugs. (SuperShadow: Very original.)

These mutated rancors are bigger, faster and deadlier than the original rancors. (SuperShadow: Tres cool to the max.) A mutated rancor can also breathe acid from their mouth. My last idea is there should be a powerful Jedi who can use the Force to control his/her light saber in midair (without holding it) and attack continually. Can these ideas be put into the new trilogy? (SuperShadow: We have struck gold today, folks. These are some of the best fan ideas ever. Each one will be sent to Lucas for further analysis. Expect these ideas to make their way into the final version of the Episode 7 script.)

[face_plain] :rolleyes:

I'm going to make a firm stance here that nothing the EU has ever done is or will be as bad as Supershadow. (The Holiday Special and Glove of Darth Vader come close, but they cannot compete with daily supidity.) :p

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes EU is better than Supershadow.

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Um, actualy it is that simple: Everything not in the movies is Eu. Eu meanig Expanded universe, thus anything that expands the universe beyond the flims. Your personal opinions on what is or is not canon does not in any way affect actual canon policy, and thus, does not in any way reduce your hipocracy.

8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Good post, thank you MercenaryAce for telling him that.

9. darkside61490

darkside61490 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005

ok... I read plenty of books. I'm knee deep in the Hobbit, currently, and have just come off of LOST: Endangered Species... so, kinda voids that argument, unless, of course, you don't believe me, since we're online, where all the cool kids are. So, I don't mind reading books. But, I'm a completionist. That's the problem I have with the Star Wars EU. There's just way too many of them, I'd never be able to read/collect them all. It's a waste of time even trying. And so, while it may not be true, I define EU as anything not on the screen. That's how most people do it. You'd think you'd be used to it by now...

10. darkside61490

darkside61490 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    *cough*note how small screen Star Wars is located under Saga, and not the EU forums...*cough*

Yeah, beat

11. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I don't think that's true of all. It's not like Star Wars was this obscure little thing before the EU. The OT comprises three of the most popular movies of all time. MAJOR blockbusters. Their susequent rereleases on VHS over the years-each one a smash hit-likely had more to do with funding the PT than the EU ever did.

I have the feeling that the EU was more of a testing the waters thing just to find out if there was still sufficient interest in Star Wars. But let us not kid ourselves the combined readership of the EU is much smaller than the audiences for any of the six movies released. The print runs for those suckers are in the thousands. Movie audiences for big hits are in the millions.

The EU is a marketing tool created to maintain interest in the franchise but it isn't the franchise itself. The movies are vastly more popular than the books. Many of the books are well written and great fun but they don't sell in the quantities that some writers like Stephen King, Tom Clancy and JK Rowling enjoy much less movie audiences.

12. Sith_Dreamer

Sith_Dreamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I think a Legacy series would rule...but I doubt we'll see it.

As for EU and such, I am not a huge fan of post-ROTJ stuff, but love Clone Wars/Prequel stuff. I gotta say, EU is better than Supershadow...unless I've had a bad day, and need a good laugh.

13. cutiepie36_padme

cutiepie36_padme Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2006

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well we will probably not see a Legacy Series or any series set after ROTJ for that matter in GL's lifetime.

15. DARTHJOSEPH

DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    I also used to hate the EU...that was until I actually read any of it.

A legacy series would be great and I am very much looking forward to the comics. I have hoped for a long time the EU would explore the future of the SW universe. There was the talk that if the TV show is a sucess they WILL look at other time periods for possible future productions. If the Legacy comics and SW TV are a hit...it is more than possible.

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    So, the people who work on this site know better than the actual canon policy?

It is said, it is done, it is set in stone. Where the bleep do people think there is room to argue here? That something so incredibly simple can be interpreted.

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    GL said that if the the first two TV Series are a hit that a KOTOR-era TV Series is a possibility so that is more likely to happen than a Legacy Series is. Maybe they could could make the Legacy Series the 3D Animated Series and the KOTOR-era show the Live Action Series or vica versa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.