main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Life Chosen- A ROTS AU(A/P)*12/30/05*PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lauren, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lauren

Darth_Lauren Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    Okay, here's a new story that I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. I hope you all like it and will post your responses. Thanks

Summary: What if Anakin had chosen to go with Padme at the end of ROTS?
    Rating: PG

"Stop it,"she said."Stop talking like that. . . You're frightening me!"

"You're not the one who needs to be afraid."

"It's like- it's like-"Tears brimmed again in her eyes."I don't even know who you are anymore. . ."

"I'm the man who loves you,"he said, but he said it through clenched teeth."I'm the man who would do anything to protect you. Everything I have done, I have done for you."

"Anakin. . ."Horror squeezed her voice down to a whisper: small, and fragile, and very young". . . what have you done?"

And she prayed he wouldn't actually answer.

"What I've done is bring peace to the Republic."

"The Republic is dead,"she whispered."You killed it. You and Palpatine."

"It needed to die."

New tears started forming, but it didn't matter, she'd never have enough tears for this."Anakin, can't we just. . . go? Please. Let's leave. Together. Today. Now. Before you- before something happens-"

She saw his eyes soften, no longer lit by that evil glow hiding just beneath the surface. She knew he needed to be pushed just a little farther and Anakin Skywalker, the man she loved more than life itself, would come back to her.

"Let's leave for Naboo right now. . . We can live in the lake country and raise our child. Together. . . We can be a family Anakin. . . Please come with me,"she whispered."Our child needs you."

He looked away from her and took a deep breath, as if he was trying to draw in the dark side again.

"When we spoke our vows on Naboo, we promised to always be together, but if you continue down this path, I will leave you and all that you have done for me will have been in vain. . . I will never let you see our child and I will never speak to you again,"she said, her voice gaining back it's strength."But if you come with me, we can be a family, like we've always wanted to be. . . We can be openly in love and we can be happy, all three of us. . . or however many children we have. I leave this choice to you, Anakin. . . What would you rather have?"

He looked like he was going to answer, but then his eyes caught site of something behind her, feral joy lighting up their depths."You,"he growled in a low voice no longer his own.

Padme turned and saw Obi-Wan standing in the middle of her ship's landing ramp."No!"she cried."You tricked me!"

"Get away from him Padme, he's not who you think he is, he will hurt you,"Obi-Wan said in a voice that could only be described as fearful.

"You lied to me!"Anakin yelled, fire lighting his normally blue eyes.

"No. . . Anakin listen to me,"she begged, running to her husband and grabbing both sides of his face, forcing him to look into her eyes.

"You brought him here to kill me. . . I trusted you Padme!"Anakin cried angilly."How could you betray me like this? How could you do this to me?"

"Listen to me!"she said forcefully."Listen to me Anakin Skywalker, I would never bring someone who wanted to kill you. I love you Anakin, I love you!"

"Let go of me!"

"Not until you hear me out. . . He tricked me Anakin. He must have jumped on when we were taking off. I had no idea he was on board until he came out. . . Please trust what I tell you is true, my love."She pulled him down for a kiss, feeling him try to resist her lip's soft caresses. But then he gave in and his arms slid around her and his lips responded to her kiss.

Anakin Skywalker had returned.

Obi-Wan felt awkward about standing there, watching them share a tender kiss and quickly turned away. But at the same time he was stunned beyond belief. He had just witnessed a miracle, Anakin was brought back to the light by a kiss.

"I'm sorry,"Anakin whispered against her lips before holding her to him in a tight embrace.

"Oh Annie,"she whispered against his chest."It's

2. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?No. . . I?m going to be punished for what I have done. . . Most likely I?ll be put to death.?

?No you wont,?Obi-Wan said softly.?I?ll say I killed you and that way you can raise your child as a family.?

[face_thinking] What will Anakin do with a second chance?

Will he really change? [face_worried]

More, please! [face_batting]

3. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    He had just witnessed a miracle, Anakin was brought back to the light by a kiss.

My favorite quote already!

I love where this story is going! If you're doing a PM list, please add me! I can't wait to read more!:D

4. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    [face_thinking] keep it up

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yes, please keep it up....

6. Anakinhot24

Anakinhot24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    I really like this story! I can't wait to see what happens next. Please PM when you post the next update!:)

7. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Ooo!...i love fics like this!!...will the twins birth still be early?

Will Anakin be the father and husband we all know he could have been?[face_praying] [face_praying]

Will he truly turn back from the light?[face_praying]

Could you send me a PM when you update?[face_praying]

:D :D

Cheers_Cazza@};-

8. Darth_Lauren

May 1, 2004
    Okay, here's the next chapter, it's a little sexual, but oh well, they're a married couple, give em a break. But there will be an extended version by request only and you have to be legal and all that jazz.

Chapter 2

Once the ship was in hyperspace, Padme led Anakin from the cockpit and into one of the little sleeping quarters. He was unusually silent as she removed his heavy Jedi clothing, noting that there were burns in the fabric from Mustafar?s volcanos. Normally, he would be trying to seduce her while she undressed him, but his hands stayed at his sides, lifting only to help her remove the shirts, and his lips remained closed.

She didn?t like this new Anakin, she wanted the man she had fallen in love with by that lake on Naboo back, not this quiet, sullen man he?d been replaced by.

Once his shirts were off, he sat down on the bed and removed his boots, tossing them aside and then laying down on his back, staring up at the ceiling. She sighed and quickly let her hair out of the braids and removed her boots before sitting down beside her husband. She reached out and caressed his cheek tenderly, brushing some of the golden locks from his face. She smiled slightly when she saw his eyes close as he leaned into her hand, a distant smile forming on his lips.

?Annie,?she whispered softly. He opened his eyes and looked at her, her heart ached at the pain that shone in their dark blue depths.?What?s bothering you, my love??

?Nothing. . . Everything,?he sighed.?I can?t live with everything I?ve done, I can?t stand the guilt I feel in my heart. . .?A single tear slid down his cheek and she brushed it away.?They looked to me for help, for guidance, and I. . . I killed them. . .?

?Who??

?The Younglings.?

?Anakin. . .?she whispered.?You were lied to, tricked. . . We all were. I can forgive you.?

?But I can?t!?

?Why can?t you??

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.?Because I will always see their faces, the looks of horror and shock in their eyes when I turned my lightsaber on them. . . They tried to fight back, to protect themselves and their friends and I just. . . I slaughtered them like I slaughtered the Tusken Raiders. My hands are forever stained with the blood of their innocent lives. I will never be able to hold our child with out fearing that one day I might turn on them.?

?We could get that part of your memory erased.?

?No. . . I need that as a reminder of everything that I have done. . .?he sighed.?I?ll stay on Naboo with you until you give birth, so I know you?re all right. Then. . . Then I?m going to Tatooine and spending the rest of my life in isolation. Far away from harming anyone.?

?But you would harm me, Anakin. If I lost you again. . .?she whispered.?When it was rumored that you had fallen, I was. . . I?ve never been so depressed in my life. If it hadn?t been for the child I carry within me, I would have ended my life to be with you again. . . I can?t lose you Anakin, it would kill me if I truly lost you.?

?I have to do this Padme,?he said sadly.?If I don?t Palpatine will find us. He will do anything to make me join him again. . . He would kill you and our child. . . And I would fall back into the darkness if I knew you died because of me, because I led that monster to you. . . I can?t risk both of your lives for petty happiness.?

?But I need you. Our son. . . or our daughter needs their father,?she said, reaching for his real hand and placing it on the soft swell of her belly.?Our child needs the man who loves more passionately than I have ever known possible, the man who sacrificed part of his soul to create them. They need their father to help them grow and be strong in this time of fear. . . I need that man.?

?That man?s dead. . . He was buried alive by the damn war.?

?Then let me help you uncover him and revive him,?she murmured, leaning over to trace the well defined line of his jaw with her soft lips. Then her lips found his and began coaxing them to respond with feather light sweeps against his.

He groaned low in his throat and quickly br

9. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    :) Loved the post, but I'm about to drop I'm so sleepy. [face_tired] I promise to give my full reply ASAP tomorrow.

I blame my tiredness on college.

Later.

EDIT: I'm finally awake (enough) to give you my full review:)

"I will never be able to hold our child with out fearing that one day I might turn on them.?

It almost seems his anguish couldn't get any worse.:( But don't despair, Anakin.

?I?ll stay on Naboo with you until you give birth, so I know you?re all right. Then... Then I?m going to Tatooine and spending the rest of my life in isolation. Far away from harming anyone.?

Sweet Lord, No!:_| Abandoning your family is just as bad as betraying them...heck, it's the same thing wrapped in a different package.

?When it was rumored that you had fallen, I was... I?ve never been so depressed in my life. If it hadn?t been for the child I carry within me, I would have ended my life to be with you again... I can?t lose you Anakin, it would kill me if I truly lost you.?

You have no idea how much you both need eachother!

?Our child needs the man who loves more passionately than I have ever known possible, the man who sacrificed part of his soul to create them. They need their father to help them grow and be strong in this time of fear...I need that man.?

:_| @};- How so very true.

And I love how you described their efforts for...revival.

Fantastic, heart-wretching post, DL. Can't wait to read more.:D

10. Darth_Lauren

May 1, 2004
    Okay, yet another post to keep the story going. Remember replies are always very much appreciated.;)

Chapter 3

Anakin awoke about two hours later on his side, curled at Padme?s back, holding his angel close. Her head was tucked perfectly under his chin as she slept peacefully in his arms. He had his real hand resting lightly on her swollen belly, the fingers of one of her hands laced with his, and one of his legs was tangled between her legs.

?I love you,?he whispered into her hair.?So much. . .?

?I love you too Annie,?she yawned, curling closer into his embrace. He smiled when he heard a contented sigh escape her lips as he pulled her closer.

?Have you thought of any names for our child??

?Only two.?

?That?s it??

?One for a boy and one for a girl. . . What about you??

He chuckled slightly.?No,?he sighed.?I haven?t taken the time to think of names.?

?Well, I guess I?ve had plenty of time to get to know this little Skywalker. . . Being six months pregnant and all.?

?What?s she like??

?He is very active in the morning. . . He likes to roll around and distract me with his kicks,?she said with a smile.?I was in a meeting with Bail Organa about a month ago and your son desided to help me wake up by giving me a particularly strong kick just bellow the ribs. Bail thought I was dying, I doubled over so fast, partially to hide my pregnancy. It?s quite funny now that I think about it.?

?Yeah, I know she has a good kick,?he teased.?Like her mother before her.?

?How do you know I have a good kick? I?ve never kicked you have I??

?You did once. . . When we were having dinner at your apartment with Obi-Wan and I guess I said something inappropriate and you kicked me under the tabel. I had pretty nasty bruise for about two weeks after that.?

?Well I made it up to you that night, I?m sure. . . Once Obi-Wan was gone and we were alone in the bedroom.?

?Well. . . Yeah.?

?Why are you so certain we?re having a daughter??

?I?m not certain, but I want a daughter with your big brown eyes, your brown hair, and my temper.?

?I would have to be the disciplinarian in the family, she would have you wrapped around her little finger.?

?Why do you think we?re having a son??

?Because I want to watch a little boy with his father?s blond hair and blue eyes grow up. . . Watch him grow into another handsome Skywalker.?

?What would you name him??

?Luke Skywalker. . . Or if we have a daughter, Leia Skywalker.?

?Do they mean anything in Nubian culture??

?Yes, Luke is old Nubian for ?adventurous one? and with you as his father, I figured he?d take after you in that way. . . just no podracing.?

?What does Leia mean? It sounds like royalty.?

?Leia means ?little princess? or ?regal woman? in old Nubian.?

?I like that.?

She rolled over to face her husband and moved up a bit so she could look into his beautiful blue eyes. He leaned in and gave her a tender kiss before pulling back to smile slightly at her.

?What?s ?Padme? mean??he asked her softly.

?The one chosen to be the lover of the Jedi?s Chosen one and bare him children and love him with all of her being.?
    ?I?m serious, what does it mean??

?Padme was the goddess of light and beauty.?

?I believe that.?

?Do you know what your name means??

?No, I don?t even know my heritage,?he sighed.?But I could guess.?

?Let?s hear it.?

?Anakin was the mortal man born into a humble life, destined to fall in love with the goddess of light and beauty, mistaking her for an angel.?

Padme smiled and blushed before leaning in to kiss him again.?I love you so much Anakin Skywalker,?she whispered against his lips.?I will never be able to tell you just how much in ten thousand years.?

?I love you just as much Padme Nebrrie Skywalker,?he said.?Or are you just going to be Padme Skywalker??

?Padme Skywalker,?she said with a smile.?I?m honored to be your wife and bare your children.?

?I?m honored you chose me to be your husband.?

?Maybe we should get up and see if Obi-Wan would like some slee

11. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Ah!!!!...i just...MORE!!!!!!!!!!...TWINSSSSSS!!!!!

hem hem!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

12. ehopepower

ehopepower Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 20, 2005
    Another nice chapter. I am glad to have found this story. Well done.

I am 25 so please PM me your other version. Thanks!

13. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    Anakin awoke about two hours later on his side, curled at Padmé's back, holding his angel close. Her head was tucked perfectly under his chin as she slept peacefully in his arms. He had his real hand resting lightly on her swollen belly, the fingers of one of her hands laced with his, and one of his legs was tangled between her legs.

Just the way they belong.[face_love] @};-

?I was in a meeting with Bail Organa about a month ago and your son decided to help me wake up by giving me a particularly strong kick just bellow the ribs. Bail thought I was dying, I doubled over so fast, partially to hide my pregnancy."

[face_laugh] Since it's in the past, I find it ok to laugh at...I can just image the lok on Bail's face.[face_laugh]

?How do you know I have a good kick? I?ve never kicked you have I??

?You did once ... When we were having dinner at your apartment with Obi-Wan and I guess I said something inappropriate and you kicked me under the table. I had a pretty nasty bruise for about two weeks after that.?

[face_laugh]

?Well I made it up to you that night, I?m sure ... Once Obi-Wan was gone and we were alone in the bedroom.?

?Well ... Yeah.?

Then that's all that matters![face_devil] [face_laugh]

...I want a daughter with your big brown eyes, your brown hair, and my temper.?

...I want to watch a little boy with his father?s blond hair and blue eyes grow up ... Watch him grow into another handsome Skywalker.?

I'm sure both you're wishes shall come true.;) [face_whistling]

?What?s ?Padme? mean?? he asked her softly.

?The one chosen to be the lover of the Jedi?s Chosen one and bare him children and love him with all of her being.?

*Looks up definition* Yep, 'tis true!

?Anakin was the mortal man born into a humble life, destined to fall in love with the goddess of light and beauty, mistaking her for an angel.?

*Checks back to make sure* Right on the mark!

?We?re getting up Anakin Skywalker, that?s final.?

?Fine,?he sighed.

[face_laugh] Don't push those hormones, Anakin. You won't like the result.

Great post, DL. Can't wait to see what's around the corner.:D

14. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    Hey, lol I loved when Padme said they should give up the bed for Obi Wan. 'Cause Anakins just like oh darn, and goes with her.o_O
    Pm me the good stuff, i'm 19.

-Jenn [face_chicken]

15. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Just found this story! I loved how Anakin and Obi-Wan reconciled in the first chapter, and I very much enjoyed the interaction between Anakin and Padme. :)

I'd love to read the PM chapter. (I'm 25)

16. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    OK, just found this and am so very glad I did!! Can you PM me the uncut version? I'm well past legal(34 to be exact...man that looks so old typed out:_|)

look forward to more!

17. flyingcolours

flyingcolours Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2005
    I'm really liking this story, great job :)

I'd like the PM version too (I'm 19), thanks.

18. Darth_Lauren

May 1, 2004
    Okay, since this story is getting to be quite popular I'll try and update it as much as I can, but I'm making no promises about during the week, but the weekends look very good.

Anyway, I'll be posting another chapter right after I respond to all of your kind comments.

Jedi_Master_Cazz-- Don't worry, the twins will be showing up eventually, just let the adults have their fun for a bit.;)

ehopepower-- I'm glad you found this story too and I hope you continue to enjoy it.[face_praying]

AP4EVER-- I'm glad you like this story so much and I hope that you will continue to support it as much as you are now.[:D]

light--- Glad you liked it, and I hope you'll stick around for more.:D

mixza-- Glad you found this and hoping to have another faithful reader.[face_praying]

ANAKINSBABY-- Once, again, glad you found this and I hope you'll be sticking around for more.[face_praying]

flyingcolours-- I'm glad you like it!:D

Oh yeah, and here's who's on the PM list as of now:

AP4EVER
    Anakinhot24
    Jedi_Master_Cazz

Just let me know if you are interested in being on the list and I will add you to the list.

19. Darth_Lauren

May 1, 2004
    Here's the new post. Enjoy and respond.

Chapter 4

Obi-Wan sat out in the cockpit, watching the stars stream past the windows as the sleek Nubian yacht hurtled through hyperspace. He sighed heavily as he slouched in his chair, enjoying the silence after nearly an hour of listening to his former Padawan and the esteemed Senator from Naboo make love only a few feet away from where he sat.

He was emotionally exhausted after the last two and a half days and was ready to just close his eyes and sleep, but then he sensed Anakin and Padme emerging from their little room.

He turned around to greet the yawning couple, noting how exhausted but sated they looked. Padme had found a simple traveling gown to wear and be more comfortable in, it also happened to enhance her pregnant belly. While Anakin had simply pulled on his burned Jedi slacks and dark brown under tunic.

?Do you want to trade? We can keep the ship in control while you sleep,?Anakin suggested.

?That would be greatly appreciated, my friend,?Obi-Wan said, standing from his chair and streching.?Which room??

?Second on the left,?Padme said softly as she leaned heavily against her husband?s strong body.

?Thank you, M?lady,?Obi-Wan said with a bow.?Oh, before I forget, we will be landing on Polis Massa in a little over an hour.?

?Why??Anakin asked.

?Master Yoda and Senator Organa are waiting there for us. . . They are our only allies right now.?

Anakin sighed heavily and sank into a chair as Obi-Wan left the cockpit. Padme quickly settled into his lap, curling up in his warm embrace again. She buried her face in the side of his neck, simply inhaling his smoky scent.

?What?s wrong, my love??

?I just want to get to Naboo as soon as we can so I can just move on from all of this... So we can start planning our future together.?

?Soon,?she whispered before kissing the side of his neck.?Three more months, Annie, and then we?ll be parents.?

He smiled and held her closer, groaning at how wonderful it felt to simply hold her in his arms.?And to think I almost gave this up,?he whispered.

She smiled and kissed his cheek.?I?m glad you didn?t. . . I like having you around.?

?Is that so??

?Mmhm.?She sat up a bit and kissed him fully, just enjoying the sensation of his lips against hers.?You are a very good kisser Anakin Skywalker,?she said in all seriousness before kissing him again.

?I think we should renew our vows when we land on Naboo. Just have a small ceremony for your family to bare witness to,?Anakin said suddenly.

?Okay,?she quickly agreed.?I think I should contact Queen Apailana and tell her that I am all right, but that I wish to retire from politics.?

?Are you serious??

?I don?t wish to endanger my family by serving in the Senate. I?ve had enough politics to last a life time, I?m ready to move on with my life. Our child is the start of a new chapter in our lives and I don?t want to miss a moment of it.?

He chuckled and let her stand up. She quickly dialed the Palace private number, seconds later a young women of no more than sixteen answered the call. Her face was painted white with two spots of crimson on her cheeks and a line down the middle of her bottom lip. Anakin recognized instantly that this young woman was Naboo?s new Queen.

?It is good to see you are well Senator Amidala,?Apailana said formally.?We were worried that you might have been one of the Senators slaughtered in the Jedi rebellion... After all, we all knew you had a very close relationship with Jedi Skywalker, may he rest in peace.?

?Actually he?s not dead,?Padme said.?He?s one of three Jedi still living.?

?You know where he is??

Padme smiled and moved aside a bit to reveal Anakin to the Queen.?Of course I know where my husband is.?

?Husband?! Do you know what kind of a stain this will have on your reputation as a respectable Senator? You were secretly wed to a Jedi Knight, and not just any knight, but The Hero With No Fear.?

?I know, that is why I am contacting you to inform you of my intentions to retire from public serv

20. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    He sighed heavily as he slouched in his chair, enjoying the silence after nearly an hour of listening to his former Padawan and the esteemed Senator from Naboo make love only a few feet away from where he sat.

[face_laugh] Poor Obi. As if his mental physic wasn't bruised enough.

?I think we should renew our vows when we land on Naboo. Just have a small ceremony for your family to bare witness to,? Anakin said suddenly.

?Okay,? she quickly agreed.

A good idea. But I think it would be safer to do that after Sidious is taken care of.

?You know where he is??

Padmé smiled and moved aside a bit to reveal Anakin to the Queen. ?Of course I know where my husband is.?

*Looks down at the list* Add another to the list of who 'knows'.

?Your request is accepted, you have served Naboo well and it is only fitting that I allow you to have a life of your own away from the public eye ... With your husband and child.?

Glad to see they still have friends in high places.

"...Oh, and please contact your family, they are very worried about you.?

I can only imagine. Her parents in particular must be wrecks.

Another great post, DL. Can't wait to read more.:D

21. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    I just found this fic and I'm lovin' it! :)

I'm a sucker for A/P mush, what can I say? [face_love]
    Anakin and Padme going to have a ceremony with her
    family...how sweet! I'm a bit worried though since
    the Emperor is still out there and he'll definitely
    would be looking for "Darth Vader".

Also, can you send me the PM version of the previous chapter?
    Yes, I'm of age...35 Ugh, all of the sudden, I feel so old. LOL

Please PM me when you update!

22. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    Darth_Lauren, I love this whole story! Please, please write more....

23. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    I can't believe I just found this story. You've done a wonderful job so far and I am anxiously waiting for the twins to show up. Maybe now Anakin and Padme will actually get to be parents and raise the twins. :)

I would love to read the PM version as well. I'm over age.....ummm 28 to be exact....damn I feel old! [face_blush]

24. light-

Oct 8, 2005
    He sighed heavily as he slouched in his chair, enjoying the silence after nearly an hour of listening to his former Padawan and the esteemed Senator from Naboo make love only a few feet away from where he sat.

ahaha as someone said in a previous poor, poor Obi Wan!! that's histerical

25. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    @};- Poor Obi-wan![face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ...he has no love-life!

I'm loving this!...Padme's reloes are gonna go spare!

...So do we just get the twins?...or are there gonna be more?:D [face_mischief]

Gee...i'm obsest with that question.

Thanks for the PM!

Cheers_Cazza@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.